Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ahana_Sehgal21 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

I work at Amazon and i can confirm you that Amazon is very very secretive about its nos. No ways this Samosa critic will know the details..

Cpt.DudleySmith thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

"There’s a scene where Mirza’s largely haveli-confined wife goes out for a walk and returns with a stick of fuchsia-coloured cotton candy for him. That’s the kind of unexpectedly giddy gift Vicky Donor and (especially) Piku felt like. I am all for upping your ambitions, but I do hope this U-turn isn’t a result of this writer-director team deciding that their first two films were light, disposable entertainments and now they have to “legitimise” themselves as capital-A artistes. Because a thousand capital-A artistes cannot do what they did in those earlier films, capturing life in all its rainbow flavours. In contrast, the grim monochromes of Gulabo Sitabo feel not just underwhelming, but unnecessary."

https://www.filmcompanion.in/reviews/bollywood-review/shoojit-sircars-gulabo-sitabo-on-amazon-prime-the-too-carefully-curated-mood-feels-tonally-off-with-this-material-baradwaj-rangan-ayushmann-khurrana-amitabh-bachchan/

So good by Rangan Saar 👏.

dahibhalle thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Gulabo- Sitabo and the lost art of storytelling.

This movie is to the Karan Johar style of movie making what Nawabi cuisine is to a generic McDonalds. Deinitely worth a watch.

First and foremost  credit has to go to the writer Juhi Chaturvedi,the director and the cinematographer for bringing this slice of life from Lucknow to my TV screen.

Then the actors - Amitabh Bachaan as Mirza, bent with age and so foolish in his craftiness ,Ayushman Khurana as the tenant who has this  small potbelly on his thin frame so typical of small town India and the rest of the supporting cast who all do justice to their roles.

Spoilers ahead....

Though initially a tad slow ,I was soon caught up in the life of the greedy and foolish Mirza, the love of his life- the decaying haveli ,his tenants and the various corrupt characters and finally, the not so senile Begum.