Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

Looked like a mess from the trailer only. I am even more sure studios are dumping films they don't have confidence in them.

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

So...I liked it. It's not meant for instant gratification. You have to allow the frames to grow on you, to transport you to another world altogether. More like October than Piku. But...AB Sr. is just AMAZING. Ayush is also good, but here Amitabh steals the show with his stellar acting.

DushtKanya thumbnail

Ayushmaaaannnnn! Bring it on :)

Renee.Clare thumbnail
Most Liked (January 2024) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

It looks like my kind of movie.I love such kind of movies ❤️

Edited by Renee.Clare - 3 years ago

From the trailer it looked like a comedy and so I tried to watch it while doing some other work as I thought it was a lighthearted movie...But I only could watch 20 mnts of the movie that too with a lot of rewinding and rewatching in an effort to understand what was going on...There is so much subtext that it needs to be watched really with a lot of focus- something like October...I was able to enjoy October so much because I watched it in the theater...Now I will have to find a chunk of time without any distractions to be able to watch this movie...I already have a feeling that I am going to fall in love with Amitabh all over again! 

GumGum thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: McGorgeous

Looked like a mess from the trailer only. I am even more sure studios are dumping films they don't have confidence in them.

https://twitter.com/Rahulrautwrites/status/1271331847436304385?s=20

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by: cricketfan1

From the trailer it looked like a comedy and so I tried to watch it while doing some other work as I thought it was a lighthearted movie...But I only could watch 20 mnts of the movie that too with a lot of rewinding and rewatching in an effort to understand what was going on...There is so much subtext that it needs to be watched really with a lot of focus- something like October...I was able to enjoy October so much because I watched it in the theater...Now I will have to find a chunk of time without any distractions to be able to watch this movie...I already have a feeling that I am going to fall in love with Amitabh all over again! 

Exactly.

It's like have you ever wondered why a glass of wine tastes better in a fancy restaurant? Or why a cup of coffee tastes better when poured into your favourite mug? The human brain is an amazing thing!

LiveEatLove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by: cricketfan1

Brilliant he was. 😎 Overshadowed everyone.

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Its is a classic story of greed.

The problem is it isn't a comedy, as trailer tried to sell it. It is a movie more into realism. The movie isn't for masses, you really need to invest into it, and than you are going to enjoy it. But it has a charm of its own. Story is basically some greedy and cheap men(&woman) trying to make the best of a situation, and whether they will succeed or not, is the whole movie.

The acting of the movie is really good, I mean if we give the scores to the actors, Ayushmann would get the least marks, even though he was good. So you can get the idea of how good acting was in the movie. AB Sr was perfect as those cheap, miser chachas, who died for one two rupees. Also the girl who played Ayushmann's promiscuous yet clever sister was really good. And the likes of Vijay Raaz, Brijender Kala are into their role as usual.

Although I can get people might not like it for its slow pacing, but I don't mind it.