Corona Virus and the BLM gatherings/protests

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

I am all for peaceful protests but I am now confused with the covid19 safety measures especially with politicians coming in with their agenda

I live in the US and 10 days ago, we were told to stay at home, people who took their kids to park were arrested, a salon owner who opened her salon to feed her child was arrested. 

As per guidelines, a gathering of 10 was allowed for indoor and 25 was the limit for outdoors.

Then came the George Floyd case, which was the tragic case of police brutality. Now the same media house who were screaming genocide at states re-opening, people who were protesting to open up their businesses, people who went to the beach or gathered at the pool,  have now shifted their "goal post". 

Aerial footage shows massive turnout for Black Lives Matter ...

Corona Virus does not differentiate between what protests are harmful and which ones aren't, how is it that state leaders/governors/mayors allowed for such massive gathering to be allowed while at the same time have closed so many livelihoods saying it was "dangerous" to open up.

There were people who were forbidden from going to their loved ones funeral or even having a memorial service or even visiting them at the hospital or nursing home. Today hundreds were allowed to attend Floyd's funeral, where is the fairness in all this. Doesn't it make you question on this sham?

As you can see they are all packed up, there is no social distancing, many aren't wearing masks. Yes, the argument is that the protest is for a greater cause but since when did covid19 and coronavirus differentiate and attack based on causes.

It makes me question all the stay at home orders and sham. Also, it makes me question if politics played a big role in all this with the elections coming up.

So many small businesses, stores, people lost their livelihood. Their entire savings, no food, unemployed but now the politicians have no problem opening up for selective gatherings.

what do you think?

Edited by tina59 - 3 years ago

I believe that this virus can be effectively treated, Favipiravir, an antiviral medicine, was previously developed by the Japanese company Toyama Chemical as an influenza medicine, when consulting a doctor from India at nearbyall.com I state It was one of the first drugs to be tested in China for the treatment of COVID-19 since the outbreak began.

Originally posted by tina59

I am all for peaceful protests but I am now confused with the covid19 safety measures especially with politicians coming in with their agenda

I live in the US and 10 days ago, we were told to stay at home, people who took their kids to park were arrested, a salon owner who opened her salon to feed her child was arrested. 

As per guidelines, a gathering of 10 was allowed for indoor and 25 was the limit for outdoors.

Then came the George Floyd case, which was the tragic case of police brutality. Now the same media house who were screaming genocide at states re-opening, people who were protesting to open up their businesses, people who went to the beach or gathered at the pool,  have now shifted their "goal post". 

Aerial footage shows massive turnout for Black Lives Matter ...

Corona Virus does not differentiate between what protests are harmful and which ones aren't, how is it that state leaders/governors/mayors allowed for such massive gathering to be allowed while at the same time have closed so many livelihoods saying it was "dangerous" to open up.

There were people who were forbidden from going to their loved ones funeral or even having a memorial service or even visiting them at the hospital or nursing home. Today hundreds were allowed to attend Floyd's funeral, where is the fairness in all this. Doesn't it make you question on this sham?

As you can see they are all packed up, there is no social distancing, many aren't wearing masks. Yes, the argument is that the protest is for a greater cause but since when did covid19 and coronavirus differentiate and attack based on causes.

It makes me question all the stay at home orders and sham. Also, it makes me question if politics played a big role in all this with the elections coming up.

So many small businesses, stores, people lost their livelihood. Their entire savings, no food, unemployed but now the politicians have no problem opening up for selective gatherings.

what do you think?

Most heartbreaking part was people not being able to visit sick parents or elderly relatives at nursing homes and then not even able to attend their funerals 

But some people’s funerals was attended by the whole country 

They allowed the protests to take place during the peak stage, even before the flattening of the curve... The most shocking was some healthcare professional endorsing the protests...

Hard to believe even a pandemic could be politicized...

No wonder people have lost trust in authorities even doctors esp that Fauci guy

Edited by BettyA1 - 3 years ago