IPK Anniversary One-Shot - Phir Mohabbat

Posted: 3 years ago

Before we begin, I have to tell you people that I am not a ‘writer’ per se but this is not my first piece. I have written 2-3 pieces few years back. However there are two reasons that have led to the birth ofthis OS. One, the belated 9th Anniversary of IPKKND and the second one being I always associated this song with Arnav , the one who we got to see post the guest house incident .It suited perfectly for his situation. I always thought that it could be a perfect song for a VM. Since I cannot do that, I did what I could 😊. I have taken several instances from the show and put it together where they fit in this song. Without further ado , I present this to you .

Dil… Sambhal Ja Zara

Phir Mohabbat Karne Chala Hai Tu

Dil  Yahin Ruk Jaa Zara

Phir Mohabbat Karne Chala Hai Tu

Fragile…that was what she looked like and felt in his arms. Her eyes were closed. A lone tear made its way through the corner of her eye and was sliding towards her ear due to the position she was in. Her dainty head cradled in the palm of his left hand, her lustrous hair tickling his hand.  His right hand rose on its own accord and swiftly wiped the teardrop before it could reach its destination. That done,his hand hovered over her satiny left cheek.She looked like a porcelain doll. Wasn’t she the same girl who was reprimanding him few minutes back about lack of his empathy towards her and her family? Wasn’t she the one who was demanding answers from him, for being ruthless enough for sending her to this dangerous building in the first place? She sure did not look anything like that girl right now. She just looked like a fragile creature in his arms, lying unconscious, with no fight left in her. He wanted to protect her from everything and everyone and most of all, from himself. With that thought in mind, he picked up her unconscious form in his arms and walked towards his car, away from the shambles of the so-called guest house…..

Jis Raah Pe…Hai Ghar Tera

Aksar Wahan Se Haan Main Hu Guzra

Shayad Yahi Dil Me Raha ..Tu Mujhko Miljaye Kya Pata

Kya hai yeh silsila…Janu Na …Mai Janu Na

Nafrat hai na aapko humse…Humari shakal dekhna nahi chahte na aap…toh khush ho jaiye …Lucknow jaa rahe hai hum...hamesha hamesha ke liye”That is what she had said. Had she not?  What was he expecting then while looking at the big lock on her bolted door? Anjali was visiting a temple in Lakshmi Nagar near her home and he was waiting for her to be back any moment. However his feet automatically carried him towards her home…reminding him of the last time he climbed those stairs… the way he carried her unconscious form through the doors of this very house. The doors were bolted and secured with a lock now. He seemed to be waiting for something, someone. A colorful dupatta , similar to the ones she owned was be bellowing on the balcony railing …caressing his face like it did at the store room window when they were locked or like the time at the temple when they collided surrounded in the crimson hues of the sindoor that fell on both of  them. He could feel the emptiness inside. She was gone. Gone from this place and may be from his life as well …

Kuch Bhi Nahi ..jab darmiyan

Phir kyun hai dil tere hi khwaab bunta

Chaha ke de …tujhko bhula…par  yeh bhi mumkin ho na saka

He walked towards his room after looking at the arrangements for Di’s Anniversary party. There was something in the air today. As if something was waiting for him. The words uttered with utmost conviction continued to reverberate  in his head days after they had been said - “ Hum Lucknow jaa rahe hai…hamesha hamesha ke liye “ .He entered his room to change for the evening and just closed his eyes for few seconds. All he could see was her – Her…in the blood red sari,looking devastatingly beautiful and utterly helpless. Her…drenched to her bones in the rain in the parking lot ,looking sad and painfully tensed. Her…at the Mandir with her wrist held in his hand and her looking at him in shock with crimson around them and on them. Her lying toppled on the bean bag while he on top of her with the statue of the deity whom she prayed to fervently . He opened his eyes to his empty room. She was everywhere…in his thoughts …in his dreams…but she was no where near him ….

He took the Band-gala out from his wardrobe and turned around to unbutton his shirt. His eyes widened at the noise coming from his wardrobe and at once he slid open the door to his ward-robe completely. He forgot to blink at the sight before him lest it turned out to be figment of his imagination .There she was , sitting in his ward-robe  like a child with both her hands covering her face and peeking at him through the gap in her fingers. As the reality of getting caught struck her, she jumped out from her hiding place and was ready to make a run for her life . This movement  brought him out of his trance and he shot out his hand and caught her arm in his. He did not know what he wanted to say but nothing came out of his mouth.He continued to stare intently at her face where as she continued to look  everywhere except him. When she suddenly looked at him, his eyes clashed with hers and unknown to him ,his grip loosened on her arm. Taking this opportunity she ran away like the devil was behind her. He could not believe his eyes. It was her. She did not leave .She was here. At his home. He finally sighed. He did not know what he was feeling but he was not feeling restless anymore.

PS: Thanks for reading  . 

Do let me know what song do you connect the most with ArShi. Also drop a comment about your thoughts on this piece.

Nice OS.  You have narrated all three scenes well.  You have the skill to write, you can explore your talent.  I connect the following songs with Arshi.

Mohabbat Barsa Dena Tu

Muskurane ki wajah tum ho

Dil me ho tum and many more

Cheers.......

Thanks for dropping by and your comment as well. Will write something again if inspiration strikes 😊 I have my playlist of songs for Arshi as well. I just thought that there should have been a VM on this song as this shows Arnav's  state of mind after the guest house incident and before they meet again on Anjali's anniversary...

After all the turmoil, he finds her hiding in his cupboard.

You’ve narrated all the scenes so well! Loved the depth you put in! : ) 

There are many songs I’ve always connected with ArShi and this is one of them: 

Haan hasi ban gaye 

Haan nami ban gaye 

Tum mere aasmaan 

Meri zameen ban gaye :) 

Haha..Exactly...poor guy was going ouf of his mind thinking about her and alas she was there..in his cupboard😆 Thanks for dropping by.

Originally posted by coderlady

After all the turmoil, he finds her hiding in his cupboard.

Thank you for your kind words😊. That's because as I've mentioned I relate to this song so much with Arnav's situation that I thought I had to pen it down😃

Hasi ban gaye is in my Arshi playlist too :)  All the new melodious songs I listen to,I imagine Arshi in them..haha. .latest being Tumhi aana..

Originally posted by Ayesha134

You’ve narrated all the scenes so well! Loved the depth you put in! : ) 

There are many songs I’ve always connected with ArShi and this is one of them: 

Haan hasi ban gaye 

Haan nami ban gaye 

Tum mere aasmaan 

Meri zameen ban gaye :) 

Oh damn! So many years later, all these moments still have the same impact!! 

I loved it. 

Songs.. I’m a little befuddled at the moment so nothing is momentarily jumping at me 

Aww nice.me also whenever listen this song I remember arshi only.

Exactly!! That's what is special about #IPK. It still holds the same magic that the scenes are etched in our minds. Thanks for dropping by 😊

Originally posted by Gurmeet4Drashti

Oh damn! So many years later, all these moments still have the same impact!! 

I loved it. 

Songs.. I’m a little befuddled at the moment so nothing is momentarily jumping at me