Posted: 3 years ago

Someone from IF recommended this movie yesterday -- Notebook (released in 2019). I loved the movie. I had not even heard of it before but the movie really touched my heart. There is a sweet simplicity about this movie which is missing in mainstream cinema nowadays, and a winning screenplay, which focuses on the love story with a searing sincerity.

Pranutan Bahl was born to be before the camera. Her acting leaves you with a lump in the throat. The romance between her and Zaheer Iqbal gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling which reiterates the simple adage that love can be found in the most unexpected of places.

The movie is tender, warm, and endearingly simple. There are no over-the-top sequences, but just a feeling of old-world romance, seeped in sepia colours and beautiful cinematography.

Notebook movie review: Salman Khan backs a winning tale of two strangers and a bunch of darling kids in Kashmir

Edited by mintyblue - 3 years ago

Yes, I just love this movie ❤️

A very underrated movie. Pranutan Bahl deserves more movies. 

I read the book, didn't like it 

Originally posted by Renee.Clare

Yes, I just love this movie ❤️

A very underrated movie. Pranutan Bahl deserves more movies. 

IKR? She was super-awesome in the movie.

She should have won the best debut award, I feel.

The movie's simplicity won my heart. Such movies don't get made nowadays👍🏼

Originally posted by NoraSM

I read the book, didn't like it 

Oh I would definitely recommend the movie.😳

Originally posted by mintyblue

IKR? She was super-awesome in the movie.

She should have won the best debut award, I feel.

The movie's simplicity won my heart. Such movies don't get made nowadays👍🏼

Yeah, many people criticised on Ananya getting award over Pranutan. The movie went unnoticed despite Salman produced it. Pranutan deserved that best debut award. 

Originally posted by Renee.Clare

Yeah, many people criticised on Ananya getting award over Pranutan. The movie went unnoticed despite Salman produced it. Pranutan deserved that best debut award. 

These awards are a farce💔

Pranutan has given her cent per cent to the role. She lives the character, and her innocence is like a breath of fresh air in an industry over-populated with exposure. Also, her eyes mirror her anguish, her love.

It's a pity the movie and Pranutan Behl got lost in this era of PR manufactured stars. She gave a fine performance and the movie had a simple but solid love story at its core.What's more she suited the role of a pretty,fresh,girl-next-door with a core of steel. And so far she hasn't had her face plasticked out of recognition. There's this tendency of dismissing every new face Salman Khan introduces as a non-actor.Let's just say, Pranutan suffered for Diasy Shah's sins.

It was a cute film.. Pranutan was really good compared to the latest star kidz

MINTYYYYYY thank you so freaking much for this post. 

Because of your post, I watched the movie with my family today, and boy, I am in love. 

This is easily one of the most romantic, beautiful stories to come out from BW in recent times. It was PERFECTION from start till the end. 

The story has my heart. So so romantic *squeals*. CAN I PLEASE HAVE A LOVE STORY LIKE THIS?!!!!! Like it had be fangirling so hard when they finally met and smiled at each other. I wanted more, yet I was so so satisfied.

The cinematography and locations were breathtaking.

The actors were so so natural, and never at a point, did I feel like I'm watching a movie, esp the lead actress Pranutan Behl. I liked the lead actor as well. And the kids were absolutely adorable. 

This film is just PURE GOLD. More people need to see this movie, support such talent.