MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

I am discovering Rekha by watching her movies in this lockdown..she is someone truly special..forget about her being a style icon or trendsetter ..I think she's a very good actress and exceptionally beautiful..very ahead of her time 

Any Rekha fans on this forum ?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SRK_Deewani92 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Rekha's biography claims to tell the enigmatic star's 'untold ...

Yes she's so beautiful and has an amazing voice ❤️

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I LOVE HER SO MUCH OMGGGGG

She is one of my most favourite BW actresses ever. She is an all-rounder be it her acting, her dance, her style, her voice. EVERYTHING. She's a package. Even offscreen, I find her enigmatic. I really wanna meet her one day, and just listen to her and also talk to her about life etc.

What movies have you watched so far?

Edited by BinKuchKahe. - 3 years ago
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

The one actress who has the talent to make average script excellent! (Again not all the time. If the film is really really bad she is ok) But if it’s an average script where everyone else performs just ok. She will be the one person who stands out. Example would be Bulandi. 

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail

Some of my favourite performances by Rekha

Khoobsurat

Ghar

Umrao Jaan

Ijaazat

Jhooti

Aastha

Kalyug

Zubeidaa

Do Anjaane

Khoon Bhari Maang

Edited by BinKuchKahe. - 3 years ago
CriticusExpert thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Yes the lady was and still is beautiful, hers is an exotic yet elegant  natural beauty that few actresses have and not just as an Indian actress but at world wide level. she could act and dance, I feel that maybe she did not get to show her full potential, due to all the ego and power struggles that go on in India, she kind of reminds me of Sofia Loren.

flipfl0p thumbnail

People speak of her beauty and acting. But I have not heard people speaking about her voice and diction. 

Sridevi and Katrina are given an excuse that, Hindu is not their mother tongue. Hemamalini and Deepika also have South Indian accent. But we don’t hear that with Rekha. 

Yes. Vidya Balan can speak fluently. But then, she was not brought up in South India.  Unlike her, Rekha was a South Indian who learnt Hindi/Urdu later for her profession (Umrao Jaan). Still we find her diction impeccable. Also the seductiveness in her voice. I feel, her voice is one step above Vidya. She was a complete package, equivalent of Amitabh.

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: grumpydwarf

The one actress who has the talent to make average script excellent! (Again not all the time. If the film is really really bad she is ok) But if it’s an average script where everyone else performs just ok. She will be the one person who stands out. Example would be Bulandi. 

OMG yes she was really good in Bulandi. Completely forgot about it!

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: flipfl0p

People speak of her beauty and acting. But I have not heard people speaking about her voice and diction. 

Sridevi and Katrina are given an excuse that, Hindu is not their mother tongue. Hemamalini and Deepika also have South Indian accent. But we don’t hear that with Rekha. 

Yes. Vidya Balan can speak fluently. But then, she was not brought up in South India.  Unlike her, Rekha was a South Indian who learnt Hindi/Urdu later for her profession (Umrao Jaan). Still we find her diction impeccable. Also the seductiveness in her voice. I feel, her voice is one step above Vidya. She was a complete package, equivalent of Amitabh.

WORD. I find her voice very sexy and powerful. 

Also, she sings well..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3OWh5NqQW0

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Rekha is a legend period