Mythological Masti

Mahabharat and Ramayan- Questions - Page 2

.Piyali.. thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Hello, Thanks a lot for the answers, they all made so much sense, will reply seperately given I am not able to quote together ðŸ˜Š

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Piyali.. thumbnail

When Seeta was abducted, Rama was going about as a hermit. His coronation was not done so technically, Ayodhya had no King. He was King just in name, and Bharat was his regent. This is why Rama might have refrained from asking the Ayodhya peeps to come down.

Also, communication was slow. To find Seetao nly they took like 10months, and another month to travel down to the sea-shore. So, to wait for the Ayodhya army to first come to Kishkindha, then to Lanka, it would've been tiresome, and many people would've died on the way thus weakening both Rama's and Ayodhya's army.

Then, as I mentioned Ayodhya did not have a coronated King for 14 years. Bharat did the administrative stuff but he did not have powers equal to a coronated King. In this case, he needed all the support he could to keep Ayodhya safe from invaders and such. The most important asset of them was Ayodhya's formidable army, to remove even one soldier would weaken Ayodhya's defenses and would potentially jeopardize Rama's accession in the future.

Oh, I missed on the time factor, That lead to the confusion, Thanks a lot for clarifying this 

.Piyali.. thumbnail

Rama did not leave her to fend for herself. He had clearly instructed Lakshman to leave her in a secure place, and Lakshman left her close to Valmiki's ashram.

As to why Bharat couldn't be the King was that people would not take kindly to him. The sentiment of 'Rama Rajya' was running too high for the praja to accept anyone but Rama at their helm. There would've been a revolt if Bharat (or anyone else for that matter) became King while Rama was alive.

Given Rama had been practically forced by his Praja to give up Seeta, I believe they had the power to dethrone Bharat as well. For the sake of peace, did Rama have to give Seeta up.

Yes, I am sorry, used the wrong words there...I didn't knew the Praja had so much power, I always thought it was Ramji's personal decision for everyone's welfare.

.Piyali.. thumbnail

He didn't say he wouldn't teach Kshatryias. He only happened to run a separate school which was dedicated to teaching Brahmans. Bheeshma wasn't a part of this school, and Karna lied to get in.

Oh I didn't knew this, makes sense but then why did Karna lie? I mean it isn't like the Kshatriya school would have any disadvantage given Bhishma knew about divine weapons and all, I mean anybody in their right mind would  prefer getting something by saying truth if thats an option,no?

.Piyali.. thumbnail

Um, we like to believe the caste of a person was different from the personalty of the person. This was not always the case since the caste-by-birth had almost drilled the stereotypical characteristics into the respective people over time. The Kshatriyas as a result of ruling unquestionably for a long time had become arrogant...so much so that Kshatriya and arrogance had almost become synonyms.

This trend was developed over generations of similar-minded people. Arrogant people raised arrogant children and it became a vicious cycle. In order to break this cycle, Parashurama killed all adult Kshatriyas.

Mind you, he spared all women and children. All such children were then given over to different Brahmans and enrolled in Gurukuls so that they could be raised devoid of their heritage of arrogance.

This in turn began the age of Brahman domination.

I don't know if I still consider it God like, I mean he did snatch their fathers from those young kids and husbands from wives no? He maybe could have defeated them and instilled sense in them by force but still not killed , I mean Those kids could still grow up to be revengeful no? I don't know if I am making sense ðŸ¤”

.Piyali.. thumbnail

Yes, their DNA was conditioned to match their castes at this point. SInce Brahmans were mostly peaceful book-reading types their body structure was not fit for battle. Of course there were exceptions, a lot of them, but in general for Brahman candidates it took a lot more of vigour and practice to match Kshatriyas in this. Again, Brahmans had an advantage in the Education sector.

Regarding Karna, Parashuram must have had his doubts, that insect only confirmed it for him.

Parshuramji having doubts and confirming it makes sense, about body structure, @Horizon said about food they ate and I guess that also makes sense, right?

.Piyali.. thumbnail

Drona and Drupada became friends in Drona's father Bharadwaja's gurukul when both of them spent their childhood. Parashuram only taught him the divine weapons, but separately.

Actually, Parashuram was giving away his possessions to Brahmans. Hearing this, Drona went to ask for alms. When Drona reached Parashuram, the latter only had his weapons left with him, so he offered those to Drone. When Drona accepted then Parashuram showed him how to use those.

It wasn't a traditional Guru-Shishya thing, it was more like a manager training his best employee to become the next manager.

Waoh , I never knew this...this is so fascinating , I always heard Dronacharya was Parshuram Shishya so was wondering, By the way, , Why was Dronacharya so poor? Its something I have wondered since I read the Ashwathama not even getting milk tale...I mean he was a Brahmin and Brahmins were the highest in castes in those days and revered and I beleive they might have had a source of income( different from dronacharya having one when he taught the Pandavas and kauravas ) so why didn't Dronacharya had similar source earlier? Given also I guess his father was regarded as a great Rishi so why was he so poor?

.Piyali.. thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: surabhi01

Narad curse Vishnu  that in treat yug  u will  separate from ur wife and only vanar  sena  will  help u  in reuniting  with ur wife  

So in order to make narad curse true Lord ram didn't not make mithila naresh  ayodhya   to help ram during ram ravan battle as according to narad curse only vanar sena no human being  can fight for ram in battle  and more over  Lord vishu  respect narad curse 

Secondly Lord ram could not use any  city facilities as he was in vanvaas times

Thanks for replying, thats a fascinating aspect to it but why Narad ji cursed Vishnu ji? I mean wasn't he infact a Vishnu devotee?

Also if he had to curse, he should have cursed only Vishnu ji no? Why indirectly curse Laxmi Mata also? That too in worst ways given she was the one who had to live among strangers and then later too away from her family after reaching back ayodhya? 

Also, I am sorry for so many questions but Ramanand Sagar ji's Ramayana showed Ramji did not know about his own self being Vishnu so I guess that thing about respecting curse doesn't apply na?  Also, Laxman ji a human did fight for him ðŸ¤”

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

In  ramcharitra manas in  bal kand 

Narad was praising himself in front of Lord vishnu  

Lord vishnu sees that narad is becoming arrogant so in order to break narad  ghamand  then Lord vishnu created   beautiful city  beautiful places  and beautiful laxmji with Maya  and narad  seeing beautiful laxmji  forget he is bhramchari  , narad ji fell in love with laxmji and wanted to marry her 

So there was swayammar  of laxmji 

Narad ji too come in swayammar  . In swayammar  it was said  laxmji put garland to whoever God he will be laxmji husband 

Laxmji ji walk holding garland  . Narad ji has hope that  laxmji will put garland on him but  before that vishnu ji  already make narad face monkey 

So when laxmji didn't not put garland on narad  ji then narad get worried  why laxmji did not put garland on him 

He see in water and saw his monkey face and get angry and understand that vishnu has done it 

Narad go to vishnu ji ki and start saying ki tumne shiv ji ko poison peene ko kaha ( during samudra manthan poison come out of from samudra and Lord shiv drank it and his neck become blue that is why he called as neel kanth) 

Tumne kastaubh mani le li. Abhi tuk tumko kisi ne theek nahi kiya  then narad ji curse vishnu 

Vishnu immediately withdraw Maya there was no laxmji. Narad feel guilty and apologize to vishnu that my curse should become false  but vishnu ji said I will complete ur curse 

Then vishnu said no is favorite except Lord shiv  . Without worshiping Lord shiv  no one could get my  grace 

So he ask narad to chant 100 name of Lord shiv and he will get peace

S

Actually in ramcharitra manas  it is not real sita who got kidnapped by ravan   it is Maya sita who was kidnapped by ravan because if ravan would have touce real sita he would have burn because of sita satitv 

In ramcharitra manas in ararnya kand  ram ji told sita until I slay all demons  u should reside inside fire  . So real sita  reside insde fire and fire God take care of real sita 

And chaya sita is created  and that chaya sita  was kidnapped by  ravan 

After Lord ram kill ravan  then when Lord ram ask seeta for agnipariksha then chaya seeta enter into fire and real sita come out of from fire 

No one know this secret except ram , sita and laxman

And in last episode  of ramannd sagar  ramanand  sagar did show lord ram as  Lord vishnu. When  Lord ram going to take jal samadhi in order to go swadhaam then Lord  ram  come into original form that is Lord vishnu

Edited by surabhi01 - 3 years ago
surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Actually   Lord ram  and laxman are enough  defeat ravan alone  they don't require any one help  as  Lord vishnu and laxman  are powerful 

But in order to make narad curse true   and to behave as human (  as ravan see his own fortune  in his head and he will died  with nar hand) 

So in order to respect bhrama ji  Lord ram did not use  much divine power  because human being don't use divine power 

Though  laxman ji was there fight for ram but as per narad curse  he also dont use his divine power    he also respect narad curse and  laxman don't do anything without instructions of  Lord ram 

So both ram and laxman  in order to make narad curse true allow only  vanar to use their divine power 

Like hanuman ji use his divine power in sundar kand  like hanuman change his size like mosquito while entering  Lanka, changing himself to human bhrahman  for few minutes and went to vibishan  

And more over   ram ji and  laxman ji did not  fight  to kill  sena of ravan.  Whole Ravan sena was killed by vanar sena only 

Ravan sena was killed by  sugreeve, angad and hanuman and other vanar    

Lord ram and   laxman use to see them fighting and encourage them,  Lord ram use to put his krapa drishti ( grace vision)  on vanar sena   so by that kripa dhristi of Lord ram vanar sena get strength and fight with ravan sena

Laxman kill one or two  sons of ravan   and ram ji kill  kumbhakaran and ravan in Lanka rest of  sons  and ravan sena kill by vanar sena only 

Edited by surabhi01 - 3 years ago