Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jayu_Bangalore thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Abir

Oh i just loved Abir's surprises/gestures for Mishti❤️ I had a broad smile while reading MishBir's conversation.😃

I just don't want Kapoor's to interrupt MishBir's date.😆 yahan toh inn dono ko koi akele chod doo.😆

Again beautifully written dear. Eagerly waiting for the next part 

angelfire78 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Great chapter as usual Shona! I love that Shekhar is not expecting a miraculous acceptance and is preparing Karishma for the same. I love the way Mishri stands up to say they have to be doing this for the right reasons (reminds me of Mishti so much).

Abir ka main kya bolun? He has a place in all our hearts for a reason ❤️. Telling her he needs her, giving her the assurance she needs, telling her it's ok to share, ok to break down a little, but still providing her with something she might need if she wants to continue doing things her way...you've expressed it all!

ruhi19 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

finally some thing light heart update...

much need of the hour...

its so beautifully written...

awwbir is awesome...im just in love with this awwbir...

mishri rocked... she is just showing them mirror...

excited for next...❤️

BB_CallmeC thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sumaiya27

Oh words can't describe how much I loved this chapter ❤️It was just perfect. Starting from Mishri's talk with her parents right until the end..and what a cliffhanger!

Ps: This update made me fall in love with Abir again 

Hello Sumaiya!!

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I am so glad to know you loved it. I just thought to give another light update before we go for the final showdown.

Haha!! I am glad about the PS!

BB_CallmeC thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sarcastic_me

It's so beautifully written. . when r u going to update next

Thank you so much!! Very soon!! <3 <3

BB_CallmeC thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mii5

Lovely writing!!  Could feel Abhir's emotions when he spoke his heart out to Mishti.

I Wish such miracle happens in our show too.... 

Thank you 

Heeyyaa!!

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I am so glad to know you connected to it.

<3 <3

BB_CallmeC thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jayu_Bangalore

Abir

Oh i just loved Abir's surprises/gestures for Mishti❤️ I had a broad smile while reading MishBir's conversation.😃

I just don't want Kapoor's to interrupt MishBir's date.😆 yahan toh inn dono ko koi akele chod doo.😆

Again beautifully written dear. Eagerly waiting for the next part 

Hello Jayuuu!!

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I am so glad you liked my version of the romance. Not sure if it was up to the mark hahaha!!

Haha to know more, wait for the next update.

<3 <3

BB_CallmeC thumbnail

Originally posted by: angelfire78

Great chapter as usual Shona! I love that Shekhar is not expecting a miraculous acceptance and is preparing Karishma for the same. I love the way Mishri stands up to say they have to be doing this for the right reasons (reminds me of Mishti so much).

Abir ka main kya bolun? He has a place in all our hearts for a reason ❤️. Telling her he needs her, giving her the assurance she needs, telling her it's ok to share, ok to break down a little, but still providing her with something she might need if she wants to continue doing things her way...you've expressed it all!

Hey Daya!!

I am so glad to know that you felt connected to everything. I think it was realistic for shekhar to accept that Mishti wasnt some random girl. She was pretty headstrong and content with what she had. So there was no way he going to get her in the family easily. It was too late.

Well abir is always abir when it comes to mishti!!

BB_CallmeC thumbnail

Originally posted by: ruhi19

finally some thing light heart update...

much need of the hour...

its so beautifully written...

awwbir is awesome...im just in love with this awwbir...

mishri rocked... she is just showing them mirror...

excited for next...❤️

Hey Ruhi!!

Haha I am glad to know you liked the light hearted update.

Abir will always be abir. You cant deny that.

Will try to update soon.

BB_CallmeC thumbnail

Chapter 10: The Impossible Question?

Mishti and Abir were about to leave their room when Abir stopped Mishti. He held her hand and placed his hand on her. Kuhu was about to enter their room when she overheard Mishti Abir talking and stopped.

Mishti! I have to tell you this because I don't want to keep any secrets between us.” Mishti looked towards Abir with curiosity. “Mishri is again trying to reach out. She just wanted to know if you were ok. Mishti.. I know too much is going on right now and I am nowhere forcing you to meet her or respond to her right away. But maybe think about it when you are ready. She seems to be a nice girl, who really wants to know you. She seems to be mature too. Who knows you would get to bond with her well. The bond that you were trying to build with Kuhu but couldn't majorly because of her shortsightedness and immaturity. Maybe your bond with her will not be as messed up as it is with Kuhu. She definitely seems more understanding to me. Maybe your relationship with her can be as strong as mine and kunal. Even stronger maybe. Don't be scared about anything. She has already taken the first step. You don't even have to worry about that. All you have to do is take that second step. Not now but when you are ready. Just think about it ok?”

Mishti nodded and Abir smiled towards her while cupping her face. Kuhu felt different after hearing about the conversation. She always wanted Mishti to leave her family and go back to wherever her parents were. She always had taunted and screamed at Mishti for being an outsider to her family, for being a burden to her family. She hated it whenever Mishti addressed her as her sister. She always just wanted to have a life without her. Yes, their relationship was always messed up. And now that her mother and her sister were actually in the picture, there was a huge possibility of Mishti bonding with them and being a part of that family. There was a possibility of Mishti having a sister's bond with Mishri, which would make Kuhu happy because she finally got what she had wished for years. But yet, she didn't feel the happiness. She felt something that she wasn't able to understand.

Abir, I understand. I am not saying you are wrong. I understand. I can also see why Mishri is trying so hard or taking that first step. She loves the idea of having a family. She loves the idea of having a sibling.  I have done that many times. Especially with Kuhu. Me not wanting to meet anyone just doesn't have to do with the fact that mentally I am all over the place. But it has also to do with the fact that Badi ma and Bade Papa have no idea of what's going on. I know they won't say anything. I know they won't stop me, instead they will support me. But I want them to know. I don't think my conscience will let me do this wholeheartedly without knowing that they are in this with me like you are. Having them on my side with you, makes this a lot more easier for me.” Abir cupped her face and kissed her again on her head. He closed his eyes and nodded again. The way she was inclusive of her relations always made him admire her. The way her life was surrounded by darkness, it would have been very easy for her to fall in that darkness. Especially when she constantly had people pushing her into the dark hole. But she didn't let that happen. Even if others had pushed her out of their life, she had enough self respect to not beg them for anything. She instead, with her head held high, always fought for the relations that included her. Fought for her. Her strength always left him surprised.

As Abir and Mishti walked out of their room, they ran into Kuhu. Upon being asked, Kuhu informed them that Kunal was waiting for the three of them with the car. Mishti was surprised to know that even Kuhu and Kunal were joining them. Inquisitively she looked towards Abir and Abir winked back with a smile on his face. Kunal knew about Abir’s plans and he wanted to help. He knew he had not left any stone unturned in doing wrongs. It made him very guilty. And now he had decided to do every right possible and make up to his mistakes if he could. After a lot of insisting and begging, Abir agreed to take his help. Kunal had asked Kuhu to only join if she could keep her issues with Mishti aside as he wouldn't want Abir or Mishti to be stressed or affected by her immature behavior.

Mishti’s eyes were on the road, trying to figure out where Kunal was driving them. She finally noticed the entrance to the NGO date and got surprised. If it was just Abir, she would have assumed that they came to the NGO for some work. But since Kunal and Kuhu had also joined them, she couldn't help but wonder about the plan. Abir saw her face and understood how his angry chorni’s brain was working. He listed out things Mishti would have concluded by now and just laughed while slightly nodding his head. Sometimes his angry chorni was too smart and too cute for her own good. If Kunal and Kuhu weren't around, he would have just grabbed her in a soul searing kiss.

As they stepped out of the car, Mishti noticed a board that stated: ‘Baal-Kiran Orphanage’. She was confused. It was the name of the orphanage that they were constantly providing supplies and necessities for the children whenever they could. Abir and Mishti had also visited that orphanage for quite a few times to spend time with the kids. It was one of their favorite activities that they did together. Abir walked towards her and whispered, “Lets go wifey”.

As they entered the open ground, the childrens from the orphanage noticed them and got extremely excited. The kids ran towards them and happily embraced Mishti and Abir. Mishti was ecstatic seeing the kids. She couldn't control her excitement. One by one, she met them all. She knew all the kids by their name. She was attached to them as if they were her family and so was Abir. “Oh my god! What are you guys doing here?” Mishti asked excitedly.

“Didi!! Abir bhaiya got us here.” Kids screamed together in chorus.

Huh? Abir?” Mishti looked towards Abir and Abir nodded. “What? How?” Mishti couldn't stop herself from asking questions. She was so excited seeing the kids that she had no idea she was smiling non stop.

Well we have been pretty busy the last 6 months and we couldn't make any time to visit them. So I decided to have them here today. It will be a good change for them and we can have our usual sessions and fun with them”. Mishti hugged Abir in excitement and thanked him for his amazing surprise. She rushed with kids and got busy helping them with crafts, dance and music. Abir kept adoring Mishti. The way her happiness finally reached her eyes. He was dying to see that sparkle in her eyes. He knew this was the best way to give her happiness. Her ever giving nature was her biggest source of happiness. To be able to give that happiness to the one who needed, to be able to do something for the ones she loved and she cared, to be able to provide everything that she couldn't get at one point of her life. Abir was about to join Mishti but Kunal stopped him and took him to the side.

“Bhai! Kapoors are here. They are waiting in the office.” Abir was shocked to hear that. As far as he could remember, he had not informed them. He was also very careful about not informing anyone in the Rajvansh house because he knew what his mother was capable of. He wondered what they were doing there in the first place. Ever since they had faced each other, apart from Mishri, no one made a single effort in reaching out to Mishti. Even Mishri was understanding enough to give her space and not hover around her and hence was only texting him. Abir informed Kuhu to not let Mishti off her eyes and headed towards their office with Kunal. He wanted to make sure that they Kapoor’s left even before they met Mishti. Mishti was very clear about not wanting them and there wasn't anything he was going to let come in the way.

Abir and Kunal greeted Shekhar and Karishma. Abir tried to find out as to how they knew they would find Mishti at the NGO. Shekhar informed him that he had been trying to reach Abir and since he couldn't get a hold of Abir, he tried to call at the NGO where he found out they were already here. They asked them about the reason for their sudden visit. Nervously, Karishma informed Abir that she wanted to have a chat with Mishti. Both Shekhar and Karishma constantly insisted on having a chance as Abir kept denying them. “Mrs Kapoor. I am sorry but I can't. I can't let you hurt Mishti again. Please Mrs Kapoor. Don't force me to say something more.” Abir stated while looking towards Mishti.

“Careful son! You are talking to my wife” Shekhar warned Abir.

“Sorry sir! But I am talking for my wife. You don't even know what she has been through. You don't even know how she was after she met you. It is finally after ages that she is smiling and I am not going to let anyone take that away from her. And if she sees you, I am sure she will lose it. And I cannot let that happen. I am sure you love your wife sir and it is because of that you are supporting her and looking out for her. I am doing the same for my wife. She is not looking to meet you. Please excuse my behavior if you can. But I will have to ask you to leave today.” Abir folded his hands desperately. 

“It's really great to see how you love her and how you are looking out for her. But we are not here to hurt her son. That's not our intention.” Shekhar tried his level best to clarify their side.

Intentions don't always matter. Sometimes even when you are not looking to purposely hurt someone, you do end up hurting them by your words and actions” Abir gulped his own saliva as he recalled the times he had hurt Mishti unintentionally. “Please sir…She has seen too much… she just….”

Abir?” Before Abir could continue, Mishti interrupted him. Abir was shocked to hear her voice. He nervously looked around and saw her standing with Kuhu. He looked towards Kuhu with anger. “One job Kuhu” Abir gritted his teeth with anger. Kuhu tried to clarify that she got distracted in helping the kid and by that time Mishti was gone. Mishti walked towards Abir and held his hand. 

What are you doing here? Lets go! Kids are waiting for us.” Abir expected Mishti to lose it again. But she was calm and she definitely seemed to ignore Kapoors to the best of her capability. She turned around and started walking when Shekhar stopped them.

“Mishti! Do you not want your questions to be answered?” Mishti stopped, closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She turned and tried to smile. “I did have questions, Mr Kapoor. But she answered them. She clearly said that everything about her past was a mistake. Which meant, I was a mistake and what do people do when they make a mistake? They move on from it as if it never happened. And that's it.

“Are you satisfied with that answer, Mishti?” Shekhar questioned.

“My bade papa always said that not every time in life you are going to get the answers that will satisfy you. You just have to accept them and move on. And I will do that. Yes it's difficult but I will. I will be fine.” Mishti answered him confidently. Her composed nature again was surprising Abir.

That day Mishti. The way you reacted seeing your mother, the way you were bothered it's clear that you won't be able to easily move on.” Shekhar started listing out the things he had noticed after Mishti had met Karishma and was pointing out how it was essential for Mishti to get her facts straight. How it was essential for Mishti to know what she thought about Karishma wasn't right. 

Firstly Mr Kapoor. She isn't my mother. She is just the woman who brought me to this world” Mishti took a pause. “Yes! You are right. I was bothered. It felt like all hell broke loose that day. I am human after all Mr Kapoor. Any attentive person can trip over a stone that they wont notice. They trip, they fall and they get hurt. That's exactly what happened to me. I tripped. I fell and I got hurt. I got reminded of a lot of things. But you know what Mr Kapoor. I have learnt to apply medicines to my wounds from early on. I know how to stand up on my feet again after I fall down and I guess I do have her to thank for that.” Mishti looked towards Karishma.

You would really think I am selfish, right Mishti?” Karishma questioned Mishti. “I know. Maybe if I were in your position I would have questioned the same thing. But before I answer or clarify anything, I want you to ask you a question.” Karishma waited for Mishti to respond but Mishti stood in front of her with a straight face. She decided to continue. “Mishti! Have you ever once in your life taken a decision that was right for you, only right for you but wrong for the rest of the world?” Karishma was slowly tearing up. “My decision of leaving you and getting married to him was probably not right for you. But it was right for me. Tell me, tell me you haven't made such decisions in your life where no matter what the world says, you decide that one right thing for you because you strongly believe that it's right.” Mishti kept wondering. Mishti thought of the times she had taken a decision for herself. She recalled all the times she fought against the society and their norms because she knew what she was doing was the right thing to do. Whether it was getting courtship, breaking up with Kunal or wanting to get married to Abir, she fought these battles on her own, with Abir by her side. She was lost in her thoughts when Abir kept a hand on her shoulder. She jerked out of her thoughts and got startled.

I have.” Mishti looked in Karishma’s eyes directly. “But firstly, I do have you to thank for that too. I saw how messed up your relationship was with your ex husband. And I was sure I didn't want a relationship like that. So I fought tooth and nail to marry the guy I love. I fought tooth and nail to not compromise in a marriage. My approach was wrong for a lot of people. My love was wrong for a lot of people. Yet I fought for it because I believed in it. People can call me selfish for that maybe.” Karishma closed her eyes in relief as she thought she was getting successful by making Mishti understand. “But do you know what I do afterwards? I also do try to look back and think of the mistakes I would have possibly made. How would I have hurt the people that I love in that process and make that right.” Karishma stumbled again. She felt as if she was on ground zero and she had to start again. She closed her eyes.

Mishti! I had to leave you behind. It was a period where I was hating everything. Your eyes Mishti! Your eyes always reminded me of him. And I wanted to get rid of that Mishti. I wanted to forget him and your presence wasn’t making it easy Mishti. You reminded me of him every time Mishti….I just wanted to forget him...” Karishma sobbed in front of Mishti and Shekhar held her feeling helpless in the entire scenario.

“It’s a choice Mrs Kapoor. It’s a choice. I had a choice to either get scared of the long fight I had to put if I wanted Abir in my life or to feel happy that I had him to fight with me. I chose him. It was very easy for Badi ma and Bade papa to see a murderer in my eyes since I was his daughter. But instead, they chose to look at the empty eyes that were just craving for love and affection. I also had a choice to leave everything from here and go away without a trace to a society where no one knew who I was and where I came from.That would have made my current life a lot more easier too, especially mentally. But I chose to fight the odds. Silly me!!” Mishti’s eyes teared up. Abir stood by her side and held her hands tightly.

“Had I taken you with me, we would have ended up hating each other Mishti! I would have made your life a living hell. I was hating everything. Even if I was there with you physically, I wasn't mentally. I don't even know where I was mentally. I only knew that being with Shekhar, everything felt right. Everything felt normal. I was trying to save both of us from that. It was the only rational decision I could make at that time. I wouldn't have been able to love you. I know I was selfish but  is it so wrong to be selfish for your own self? For once?” Karishma desperately tried to make Mishti understand her situation. She knew she was circling around the same topic but she couldn't help it. She really wanted Mishti to see her point.

“When you left, Mrs Singhania decided to give me away. Badi ma and Bade papa brought me home. They loved me. They accepted me but I was not really accepted by their whole family. And now that i think, they are somewhere right. They were selfish about themselves too but they were right. They didn't say yes. They weren't given a choice. Bade papa and Badi ma decided and they had to oblige. But they always thought why should they take care of me if my parents couldn't? If that's not something they even signed up for? I was a princess for my Badi ma and Bade papa. But I was a burden for the rest of them. Can one call that selfish? Rational? Irrational?.” Kuhu looked down with guilt. Abir looked towards Kuhu as Mishti continued to recall the times she was insulted for not being a Maheshwari. How she was insulted by the society for being their daughter. Kuhu wasn't able to meet her eyes with Abir. She looked away. Shekhar was sad hearing about that. But he was also relieved that Mishti and Karishma were finally having a conversation. The way the conversation was going on between Mishti and Karishma, it reminded Shekhar of the times Karishma and Mishri argued and he had to be the peacemaker between them. He could again see the similarity between the sisters but the one difference he noticed was Mishri was a bit more short tempered. Mishti was a calmer one. He felt a strong need to interrupt but he decided not to.

Guess they couldn't even save you from that after all. They couldn't protect you from the mental trauma I thought I would unintentionally put you through. The trauma that I wanted to keep you away from.” Karishma again tried to make Mishti understand that it was the same thing she was trying to protect her from and that it appeared that Maheshwari’s had failed in doing that too.

“There is no treatment for cancer.” Karishma was confused. She couldn't understand why Mishti was suddenly bringing cancer in their discussion. “People’s mentality is like cancer. No matter how much you treat, the cancer will spread and will eventually claim your life. And at that point it doesn't matter how much treatment you received. What matters is who was with you when you needed support. What matters is who wiped your tears off. What matters is who took care of you. Yes! My badi ma and bade papa had no solution to that problem. But they never left me alone. They loved me more than anyone, more than their own family. Probably that's why their family hates me more because I was their center of the universe ever since they took up my responsibility. And I love them. I don't have a lot many people in my life, maybe again thanks to you. A lot of people just judge me for being your and his daughter and turn their backs. So I never had to go through the trouble of being back stabbed by people. I only have Badi ma, Bade papa and Abir who genuinely love me and will fight tooth and nail for me come what may. And they won't leave me. No matter what I do and who I remind them of.

Mishti… I just…I am sorry… .” Karishma tried to say something but Mishti interrupted.

I guess the impossible question is on what basis can we decide, what is rational or irrational? What is right or wrong? What is selfish and not? Or can there be two rational but opposite scenarios? Can there be two rights?” Shekhar and Karishma kept wondering. They were able to think of any answer and looked towards each other.

“I guess the discussion ends here. Because no matter what you try, it's going to be difficult for me to see your rational side, no matter how right or wrong it is. Because somewhere I feel I am on the rational end too. But I might agree to one thing definitely. That you wouldn't have been able to love me like bade papa and badi ma. Their love for me is something else. Very profound and I know it's only for me. And I wont give that place to anyone else. I forgive you for whatever happened but I won't give you their place. And I won't share that place with anyone. I don't even share it with Abir. ” Mishti wiped her tears with a smile on her and Abir laughter and rolled his eyes thinking about the times Mishti had complained for snatching her badi ma away from her. “And I am sorry that I won't be able to understand this any further or give you that place. And don't worry about Mishri. I paid that price for being your daughter. I won't let her pay for that. And also thank you for making this effort. I have been taught to acknowledge the efforts whether they help or not. I might have your blood in my veins but I have their upbringing engraved in my heart, mind and soul.” With that, Mishti decided to walk away with her head held high.

Mishti” Shekhar stopped her. “Mishti! We both do understand where you are coming from. And you know somewhere we were even ready to not be accepted or forgiven by you. I am extremely sad of whatever you had to go through all these years. Like a child biologically inherits some of their parents disease, they illogically inherit their parents mistakes and decisions too. You inherited their mistakes and kept paying for it for how I don't even know how long. And I can't tell you in words how I will keep beating myself around for this. I am sorry Mishti. I wish! I wish I had done something earlier. I also want to tell you and I will hate myself. I don't this time. We didn't hate you. You were not a mistake. You were and you will always remain a blessing for me and for her. And that my house will always remain open for you. I never felt that my family was complete because I knew you existed. And I kept waiting for the day that I could make you a part of my family. Guess! I just waited too long. We understand if you don't want us lingering in your life. But if ever you need us, we will be there.… I know its late...very late but better late than never right?”

Excuse me!! My kids are waiting for me” Misht walked away without saying another word. Shekhar and Karishma felt helpless. They were relieved that at least they had a chance to speak to her. They still did believe whatever they did was right for both of them. But the cost that Mishti had to pay for that decision was far more and that left them with an uneasy feeling.

Mishti was sitting on the ground, noticing the kids from the distance and smiling at them. Abir sat besides her and held her hand. “You know! You surprise me always. I am thinking of renaming you to surprise chorni from angry chorni” Mishti smiled and looked down. “How do you manage to stay strong always? Like how? How do you always manage to say so grounded?” 

“I have my days. But then i also have you” They both smiled looking at each other and hugged and continued with the rest of the day as planned.

Few months later

With her constant efforts and Mishti’s final acceptance, Mishri and Mishti had grown stronger. Their bond was stronger. Even though they had just started to get to know each other, they felt as if they knew each other since ages. Mishri always looked up to Mishti not just as an elder sister but also as a guide. She respected her morals. And she always reminded Mishti of her younger self. Mishti loved the fact that even though it was late, she was finally getting to relive her childhood through Mishri.

Mishri was lying in Mishti’s lap when Abir entered their bedroom in Rajvansh. Abir thought to crack a joke.

“Mishri! That's my spot. Not yours” Abir raised his eyebrows while putting his hands on his waist.

“Common Jij! Stop being so territorial. She is my sister.” Mishri tried to tease Abir.

“She is my wife” Abir sat on the bed and tried to fake his anger.

“Jij! Blood trumps heart” Mishri tried to take the challenge again to next level like always

“Nope sis. Heart trumps blood” Abir didn't give up.

Blood trumps heart”

“Heart trumps blood”

“Blood trumps heart”

“Heart trumps blood”

“Uhhhh!! Uhhh!! Oh cut it you two. You two kids need to stop bickering” Mishti finally decided to interfere and stop their usual fights. She was tired of them always fighting and laughing about the same after

“WIfey! You have to answer.” Abir decided to make this game even more challenging.

Yes di! You have to. You have to choose. Common.” Mishri loved the idea and joined him.

Mishti looked at both of them and it didn't seem like they wanted to give up. They were eagerly waiting for her response. “Feelings trump everything and you both are very precious to me.” 

See! She meant heart” Abir tried to tease Mishri again. 

Abir! Enough now!” Abir stopped as Mishti requested to stop him. They just laughed and giggled and shared a group hug. Mishti laughed at the fights Abir and Mishri always had regarding her. She wondered what would happen when her kids came into the picture. That thought brought a huge smile on her face and she couldn't stop blushing. Mishri requested them to share their love story with her. Abir Mishti looked at each other again and decided to finally give into her request as she has been begging for ages.

“Once upon a time……..”

The End

Edited by BB_CallmeC - 3 years ago