Amitabh Bachchan compares Amar Akbar Anthony with Baahubali 2

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

Amitabh Bachchan celebrates 43 years of Amar Akbar Anthony, compares it with Baahubali 2ByBollywood Hungama News Network

Created: May 27, 2020 - 15:11 IST 

Amitabh Bachchan's cult film Amar Akbar Anthony, that released in 1977, clocks in 43 years today. The film, directed by Manmohan Desai, was not only considered to be ahead of its own time, but also remains one of Bachchan's most significant performances. The megastar took to Instagram to share a throwback photo of son Abhishek Bachchan and daughter Shweta Bachchan who came to visit him on the sets.

#Amitabh Bachchan

"SHWETA and Abhishek visit me on set of Amar Akbar Anthony .. shooting song ‘My name is Anthony Gonsalves’ .. at Holiday Inn Ball Room .. this pic on the beach front .. 43 YEARS of AAA , today .. !!!," he wrote.

Bachchan also mentioned how, initially, he thought the film wasn't going to be received well as it wasn't in the line of contemporary cinema. He also revealed how it did massive business, and drew a comparison with Baahubali 2. "When Man ji came to narrate the idea to me .. and told me the Title .. I thought he had lost it .. at a time in the 70’s when film titles revolved around Behen Bhabhi and Beti , this one was so out of place .. BUT .. It is reported that it did a business of 7.25 cr at that time .. inflation adjusted it crosses collections of Bahubali 2 .. say the sayers who do calculations," he added.

The film also starred Rishi Kapoor, Neetu Singh, Vinod Khanna and Shabana Azmi among others, in pivotal roles. Bachchan won the Best Actor award at the 25th Filmfare Awards, for Amar Akbar Anthony.

Also Read: From providing essential supplies to healthcare kits, here’s how Amitabh Bachchan has been helping people during lockdown

More Pages: Amar Akbar Anthony Box Office Collection

Tags : 43 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony, Amar Akbar Anthony, Amitabh Bachchan, Baahubali 2, Down The Memory Lane, Flashback, Manmohan Desai, Throwback

BOLLYWOOD NEWS

Catch us for latest Bollywood NewsBollywood Movies update, Box office collectionNew Movies Release upcoming movies info only on Bollywood Hungama.

Grandpa got it wrong. Even inflation adjusted Amar, Akbar and Anthony can't cross Bahubali, even in Hindi, let alone all formats.

I don't get this comparison thing, why do that. Inflation thing doesn't make sense. You can twist the argument any which way. Let both shine in their glory

Amar Akbar Anthony was remake of Waqt.

Manohan Desai was surely ahead of his time.😆

Coz during one scene in this film, Neetu Singh checks Praveen Babi's pulse and finds out she is pregnant. lol🤣