B R Chopra's Mahabharat

Headcanons this way please!

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 3 years ago

Okay, so we all have our pet ideas about MB, some scenes or dialogues that we would love to see onscreen someday...basically the good creative liberties.

I'll give you one of mine: Krishna taking YBANS on a butter-stealing crusade across IP. 😆

Oh and another: YBANS visiting young Krishna and Balaram in Gokul/Vrindavan (and somehow Dury also tags along).

The above two scenarios are not a part of any text or anything, just my imaginations of some fun little things that could've worked out.

So that's that, and I would love to know about what other headcanons you guys have in mind! 😃

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Actually I am a bit hyper imaginative. The scenes I have in my mind are completely off the characters . There are many but few most important ones that I have in my mind are

1) Child Ghatochkach and child Abhimanyu interacting with each other during Pandavas Vanvaas. Both fighting that their father is better. If Ghatochkach helped Abhimanyu in marrying Balramji's daughter, then they definitely knew each other. They showed their basic interaction in the animated movie Ghatochkach but still I want more of them. Aside I also want to see Ghatochkach and Iravan bonding. Both sharing the pain of not having their father at birth

2) Bheem and Duryodhan (child both) having a friendly mace fight in childhood. I mean a real friendly one. I think had they not been enemies they would have been the example of best brothers. They were similar in many ways (if we consider the folklores to be true). Both loved their wives way too much, both were possessive and utmost loving for whom they cared, both were short tempered. I agree Duryodhan was criminal but in my cannon he became so later, till this time, he genuinely was happy at getting 5 new cousins. Some cute scene between the two

3) Subhadra and Draupadi teaming up to tease and irritate Krishna who is completely clueless on how to save himself from NariShakti

4) Ok I know people would kill me for this but I want one scene between Karna and Dusshashan, with Karna either training him some advance techniques or scolding him for something and Dusshashan trying to put up his point. Will prefer the latter (Duryodhan and Shakuni should be completely missing from this scene). Not sure why but the way Karna was ordering Dusshashan at the Dice Hall, makes me feel that somehow even he took Dusshashan as his younger brother and Dusshashan respected him too. Somehow a personal bond. Otherwise the ruler of a small kingdom wouldn't dare to order the prince of one of the biggest states of the time. .

5) Sahdev giving advice to his brothers and the four discarding it thinking that Sahdev is a kid n wouldn't understand a thing. Them acting otherwise and getting into some trouble from which finally Sahdev gets them out. The elder four then apologizing to Sahdev

6) Vrishsena teaching Lakshman/Lakshman sharing his love complication with Vrishsena and latter solving it. Will love if Duryodhan/Karna observe them from some distance.

7) Draupadi a Suthanu teasing the Uppandavas

8) Uttar and Abhimanyu bonding and Abhimanyu mourning the death of Uttar

Edited by FlauntPessimism - 3 years ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail

Panchali's childhood. She briefly mentions it while talking to Yudhishtira. I wish Vyasa had elaborated on it.

I wish Suyodhana hadn't died at the end. He should've on and he and Yudhi should've confronted Bheeshma. 

Shows should have shown Nepali MBh version (the oral one) where Panchali leaves the Pandavas with Bheema saying it is truly Yuganta.

Chiillii thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I want to see what happens in Indraprasth when Arjun is away. 

Of course they would be missing him. But I don't want to see that

I want to see the dynamics of personal relationship and happy moments as a husband and wife between Yudhi and Draupadi, Bhimasena and Draupadi as well as Twins and Draupadi 

I want to see how in a deeply patriarchal society Draupadi came to the position where she was in charge of the finances of the state. I want to see her fulfilling her roles as a queen

I want to see Yudhishtir as a king and incidences that made the citizens of IP love him so much that they were willing to go on exile with him

I want to see Nakul and Sahadev doing something spectacular in IP,  putting to use their talent and skills and knowledge that Sahadev recieved from brishaspati

I want to see Bhima as Yuvraj and a family man enjoying life. We do have his heroics in forest and war. But I want to see him as administrator and as father

I want to YBNS and Draupadi interacting with their children,  

How YBNS married their other wives and their children as well.  The way they celebrated festivals etc

I don't want to see anything about Arjun. 

Janmejaya as it is was only interested in knowing about Arjun or the war,  there is too much of him in the epic already, in fact more than necessary 

We have been deprived of these beautiful and happy 12 years  in Indraprasth. So I want to see that 

Edited by Chiillii - 3 years ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Chiillii

I don't want to see anything about Arjun. 

Janmejaya as it is was only interested in knowing about Arjun or the war,  there is too much of him in the epic already, in fact more than necessary 

It's a pity we don't have entire Jaimini version. Since it wasn't narrated to Janmejaya, I expect there was substantial difference.

This content was originally posted by: HearMeRoar

It's a pity we don't have entire Jaimini version. Since it wasn't narrated to Janmejaya, I expect there was substantial difference.

That was narrated to Babhruwahan.

So I think even in that Arjun and his expeditions would have had all the predominance

Saying that I really hope we find the Jaimini version someday. Maybe it wasn't burnt and be found in excavations some day.

Chiillii thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I hope so to. I want to read a version where there is no Janmejaya or any of Arjun's descendents asking questions. 

Indo MB is definitely better, as in it has more details on other charachter's but somehow it doesn't give me a feeling of being composed by Vyasa. 

I am sure if there is one by Vyasa but not narrated to Arjuna's descendents , it would be much better than the one we have. Atleast all other characters would get the space they deserve in the epic 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

That was narrated to Babhruwahan.

So I think even in that Arjun and his expeditions would have had all the predominance

Saying that I really hope we find the Jaimini version someday. Maybe it wasn't burnt and be found in excavations some day.

I didn't realize it was narrated to Babruvahana. Having only Arjuna's progeny survive really did a number on MBh. Sigh.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Chiillii

I hope so to. I want to read a version where there is no Janmejaya or any of Arjun's descendents asking questions. 

Indo MB is definitely better, as in it has more details on other charachter's but somehow it doesn't give me a feeling of being composed by Vyasa. 

I am sure if there is one by Vyasa but not narrated to Arjuna's descendents , it would be much better than the one we have. Atleast all other characters would get the space they deserve in the epic 

All these tales were carried orally, right? From what I've read, Vyasa actually composed the core story with Krishna as strictly human. So whatever is divine/involving magic is an interpolation or at best a morphed story. Like say, Khandava dahana. Or kavach kundala. Indo MBh added their own stories.

One of the puzzles of MBh always remains to me how they managed to reproduce only boys. I understand that girls didn't get much mention, but how is it possible that no girls were born in Pandava clan? Statistically improbable.

This content was originally posted by: HearMeRoar

I didn't realize it was narrated to Babruvahana. Having only Arjuna's progeny survive really did a number on MBh. Sigh.

Didn't Yudheya survive the war too??