YRHPK Blurb Contest *Last Day HURRRRY*; Note on Page 3

Posted: 3 years ago

"Blurb Contest"

Hello Shello

Welcome to the blurb contest of YRHPK forum

It has been a long time that we haven't had any writing contest in this forum.

Anybody who is a member of India forums can take part in this contest.

What is a blurb?

A blurb is a short promotional piece accompanying a piece of creative work. It may be written by the author or publisher or quote praise from others. Blurbs were originally printed on the back or rear dust-jacket of a book, and are now found on web portals and news websites.

(Source: Wikipedia)

Example of a blurb

London, 2019. Life has been easy for Maxim Trevelyan. With his good looks, aristocratic connections, and money, he’s never had to work and he’s rarely slept alone. But all that changes when tragedy strikes and Maxim inherits his family’s noble title, wealth, and estates, and all the responsibility that entails. It’s a role he’s not prepared for and one that he struggles to face.

But his biggest challenge is fighting his desire for an unexpected, enigmatic young woman who’s recently arrived in England, possessing little more than a dangerous and troublesome past.  Reticent, beautiful, and musically gifted, she’s an alluring mystery, and Maxim’s longing for her deepens into a passion that he’s never experienced and dares not name. Just who is Alessia Demachi? Can Maxim protect her from the malevolence that threatens her? And what will she do when she learns that he’s been hiding secrets of his own?

From the heart of London through wild, rural Cornwall to the bleak, forbidding beauty of the Balkans, The Mister is a roller-coaster ride of danger and desire that leaves the reader breathless to the very last page.

Extract from The Mister (by E.L.James)  

Rules are Simple and need to be followed

- Write a blurb (Optional: If you want to refer to an image click on > Movie Poster)

- The name of the movie is Kshatriyas which is also the basic theme of the blurb.

- We are given you three options for a genre on which you have to frame your blurb Historical-Romance, Tragedy and Thriller. Select any one of the genre out of the three.

- It is compulsory to use four characters (Two Brothers and Two Sisters) in your blurb. However, using their names is optional.

- If you are writing on jodis, please make sure its MishBir and KuKu. Please don't create any new Jodi out of the four.

- The blurb should not exceed 200 words. You can send 2 entries.

- Do not submit previously posted stories. It has to be new for this contest. Stories which are posted on any other social media is also not allowed to be submitted in this contest. If found will be disqualified without prior notice.

- Submit your entries by 3rd June 2020, 23:59 IST

- Send your entries to ContentEntries with the title "YRHBlurb"

If you have any queries regarding this contest, please feel free to contact us or post in this thread.

If you have any suggestion kindly share with us within 48hrs after which the rules will be confirmed and no changes/modification will be done.

Since this is a contest thread do not post things not related to the contest. Such posts will not be entertained and will be trashed.

idea inspiration: Writer's Corner, IF "Can you catch the drift Contest"

Edited by Koeli - 3 years ago

Movie poster has been added kindly have a look.

I read the rules again and.....What does Kshatriyas means? 😳 

Originally posted by WildestDreams

I read the rules again and.....What does Kshatriyas means? 😳 

Kshatriya (from Sanskrit kṣatra, "rule, authority") is one of the four varna (social orders) of Hindu society, associated with warriorhood. The Sanskrit term kṣatriyaḥ is used in the context of Vedic society wherein members were organised into four classes: brahmin, kshatriya, vaishya and shudra.

Originally posted by braveheartdoc

Movie poster has been added kindly have a look.

Appreciate the efforts that went into making the movie poster, it's beautiful 👍🏼

Would have connected with it even more, if just like Kuhu and Kunal, it had original pictures of Abir and Mishti 😛 They have tons of pictures available online in similar attire...

As someone who has watched their previous shows, it feels very odd to see Anant (from 10 years old show Navya) and Kanak (from Tu Sooraj, Main Saanjh Piyaji) paired here 😆... not able to imagine them as Abir and Mishti 

Edited by SheThought - 3 years ago

Originally posted by SheThought

Appreciate the efforts that went into making the movie poster, it's beautiful 👍🏼

Would have connected with it even more, if just like Kuhu and Kunal, it had original pictures of Abir and Mishti 😛 They have tons of pictures available online in similar attire...

As someone who has watched their previous shows, it feels very odd to see Anant (from 10 years old show Navya) and Kanak (from Tu Sooraj, Main Saanjh Piyaji) paired here 😆... not able to imagine them as Abir and Mishti 

Well, It is not a poster contest 🤓. That poster is made so that the authors get the theme. The purpose of the poster is solved if the authors get the theme. 😉

Oh and if you wish to participate do let me know I will make another banner with "Abir and Mishti's" picture from the serial if you are unable to connect with the current one 😎

Hi Koeli 😃

Nice contest dear... Many silent members can come forward with their wonderful stories.. 

But as you said,  It will be great if we get poster with Abir and mishti as characters for us to relate more..  Hope pictures for both characters with costumes and look in the same feel will not be an challenge.  Plz so support us like always🤗

Also,  kindly let us know if more than an entry in same theme can be submitted 👍🏼

Special appreciations to time and effort behind this 😳

Originally posted by riya27

Hi Koeli 😃

Nice contest dear... Many silent members can come forward with their wonderful stories.. 

But as you said,  It will be great if we get poster with Abir and mishti as characters for us to relate more..  Hope pictures for both characters with costumes and look in the same feel will not be an challenge.  Plz so support us like always🤗

Also,  kindly let us know if more than an entry in same theme can be submitted 👍🏼

Special appreciations to time and effort behind this 😳

Kindly provide similar pictures of Abir and mishti and I will see what I can do. Also we need confirmation of how many of you will be participating because just doing it for one person is not rational. And since it’s a blurb contest which mainly involves writing i don’t think it matters because the judgement will be on the writing and not the poster. However please let us know how many of you will be participating. If only it is more than 5 members I will change the poster because I stay in bengal and right now I don’t have any proper network in my location to upload banners. Thanks 

I am submitting mine soon ...👍🏼

And Yes Koeli even I would love it if you could kindly add recent pics of the lead couple in traditional Rajasthani/Marwari costumes .

I have a query about genre ...can it be romantic thriller or Historical tragedy ?? Or does it have to be distinctly the ones you have given with NO overlap ??

You have given four names on top of the poster ...are those supposed to be the names of the cast ?? Can we  use different names in the blurb ?? 

Edited by Sutapasima - 3 years ago