Queries regarding KDramas

PhineasFerb thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago
  • Lockdown introduced me to the world of K dramas. I watched hindi dubbed Jewel in palace on DD long back. So obviously world of K dramas has changed in all these years. 
  • I watched 2-3 dramas in this period so I have few questions. 
  • Why hero carries heroine as piggy back?? Why not like Indian shows, they carry in their arms. Piggy back ride seems so funny😆
  • What is this 8 episode mandatory kiss?I think it was in old shows. In Eternal monrach they kissed in 4th/5th episode only
  • How do they indicate they "did" It in K shows. Like in pak dramas I was told when they share same bed that shows that. What about K shows. Do they go all out or what? 
  • What does hand heart mean? I love you or I like you? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sweet_Ashum thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: PhineasFerb

• Lockdown introduced me to the world of K dramas. I watched hindi dubbed Jewel in palace on DD long back. So obviously world of K dramas has changed in all these years. 
  • Why hero carries heroine as piggy back?? Why not like Indian shows, they carry in their arms. Piggy back ride seems so funny😆Haha, when initially I started watching it, even I couldn't understand why they piggy backed instead of carrying them in the arms, but then I thought maybe it's a korean thing, and since they don't show much affection n carrying in the arms may look intimate I came to accept it, if there's some other reason I'd love to know
  • What is this 8 episode mandatory kiss?I think it was in old shows. In Eternal monrach they kissed in 4th/5th episode only That's usually the "interval" of the shows, since most are 16epis only, by this tym either one or both have realised their love n confess it..yes this show had the scene quite early, maybe coz gon has been in love with her since forever and does as he likes ðŸ˜†
  • How do they indicate they "did" It in K shows. Like in pak dramas I was told when they share same bed that shows that. What about K shows. Do they go all out or what? Some shows do have the racy scenes while some have the kiss n the camera panning out or door closing which is basically think what you want we'll leave it here like they did in eternal monarch
  • What does hand heart mean? I love you or I like you? It's just an affectionate gesture, anybody could use it

PhineasFerb thumbnail

I am unable to quote so

1) they are ok with liplocks then why hesitate to show affection in that way🤔

2) he is king, he will do as he wishes🤣

3)Okay so it depends from show to show. They did it in yesterday's episode😕 thought its  simple kiss. 

DamRyeong thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Hi,

welcome to Asian forum and K-drama land. 

Piggyback thing, I witnessed in both Korea and China. it's quite common amongst teenagers actually. I actually saw a girl asking her boyfriend for a piggyback ride. they looked like college-going students. 

a lot of teenage guys in Shanghai Disneyland were giving piggyback rides to their girlfriends. it was actually funny to saw that in-person because in dramas, it's usually a lonely night and long road where only a couple is shown.

haha. mandatory kiss. yeah! sometimes based on that, audiences figure out if drama is actually romcom or not. lol. Dr Romantic S1 had a passionate kiss in first ep itself and then directly in 12th or 16th episode.

I watched some shows where love angle was there but not romantic. more like emotional and no kiss at all.

Faith had only one kiss (slightest) after 10 episodes and it's one of my favourites. so depends on the genre and story.

"misty" had some really intense scenes throughout. mostly, if they show "did it" part, usually they wake up together.

PhineasFerb thumbnail

May be then it's common thing.although I haven't seen any guy carrying girl in arms here🤣Givin giving piggy ride is easier than arms ones. 

So it depends from show to show.goodto know that.

What about yesterday's episode of monarch ?they did it or not 🤔

Originally posted by: DamRyeong

Hi,

welcome to Asian forum and K-drama land. 

Piggyback thing, I witnessed in both Korea and China. it's quite common amongst teenagers actually. I actually saw a girl asking her boyfriend for a piggyback ride. they looked like college-going students. 

a lot of teenage guys in Shanghai Disneyland were giving piggyback rides to their girlfriends. it was actually funny to saw that in-person because in dramas, it's usually a lonely night and long road where only a couple is shown.

haha. mandatory kiss. yeah! sometimes based on that, audiences figure out if drama is actually romcom or not. lol. Dr Romantic S1 had a passionate kiss in first ep itself and then directly in 12th or 16th episode.

I watched some shows where love angle was there but not romantic. more like emotional and no kiss at all.

Faith had only one kiss (slightest) after 10 episodes and it's one of my favourites. so depends on the genre and story.

"misty" had some really intense scenes throughout. mostly, if they show "did it" part, usually they wake up together.

bunny_LeoLan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: PhineasFerb

• Why hero carries heroine as piggy back?? Why not like Indian shows, they carry in their arms. Piggy back ride seems so funny😆
  • What is this 8 episode mandatory kiss?I think it was in old shows. In Eternal monrach they kissed in 4th/5th episode only
  • How do they indicate they "did" It in K shows. Like in pak dramas I was told when they share same bed that shows that. What about K shows. Do they go all out or what? 
  • What does hand heart mean? I love you or I like you? 

Since you have always been a regular hindi serial watcher, I am sure we both are aware of the kind of romance we get. Like the eternal "Dori" scene after taking a shower and holding bare waists and all ðŸ˜† but TBH, in kdramas there might be numerous lip locks but i think thats the only thing they do because most of the times all the characters are fully covered under sweaters and jackets and mufflers and hats, caps, etc. and even gloves too ðŸ¤£ so there is probably no chance of any skin contact except for the kisses.

Well, offcourse I am not saying that do not romance at all. They do and those chemistry... Goodness! they have the ability to set my mobile and laptop under fire😆 So basically, there is no direct hint in most of the dramas (especially these days) that they 'did it' but hearing their conversations or other things, at times, indicate that 'the thing' has happened in between the couples.

And yes, the 7th, 8th episode kiss🤣 which is something mandatory, in most cases, isn't it? Thats the time they make their love confession and share the first proper mutual kiss

About the piggy back thing, I absolutely love it *internal screaming*. I have been watching the normal bridal style pickup since forever in the hindi serials. So this piggy back ride gives me absolute dreamland feels😆 Dont you like it?  and also their hugs. They hug so good

P.S. Keep watching kdramas and spoil yourself a lot. They are really good and since the stories are short, we have the opportunity to see an actor performing in various roles and develop a crush on 49 oppas, all at the same time🥳