Posted: 3 years ago

Shravan barged into the army medical clinic with Captain Rakesh, a fellow soldier who was badly injured. The army doctors rushed to Rakesh’s side and took him into the Operation Theatre. Shravan overheard the doctors saying that he will require a blood transfusion but they were currently out of his blood group. Hearing this, Shravan volunteered to donate his blood as he had the same blood group as Rakesh. 

Amidst all the hustle, Shravan didn’t notice the pair of eyes intently watching him. Suman thought to herself, how will Shravan donate blood. He is afraid of needles. She reminisced about the time when there was a blood donation camp at their school and how Shravan tightly clutched her hand when they drew his blood. No matter how hard she tried to push Shravan and his memories away, she couldn't. When she thought she was finally getting over her heartbreak, she found out that she would be joining a mission led by none other than Shravan Malhotra, the boy who taught her that love was a mistake. But, she was shocked when she saw how much he had changed. The mischievous glint in his eyes was replaced by intense stares. She kept avoiding him but she knew that she couldn’t hide from him forever. 

One of the doctors turned to Suman, now an army medical officer, and asked her to draw blood from Major Shravan. Hearing her name, Shravan quickly turned around and finally noticed her. He went through mixed emotions. His heart told him to tightly embrace her and apologize for what he had done. But, his brain told him that nothing was his fault and that he needs to stay ten feet away from her. He couldn’t trust the girl who broke his heart. The day she accused and insulted him without giving him a chance to explain himself, the carefree and jovial Shravan died. He was replaced by a serious Major Shravan who had no room for love in his life.

Suman quietly led Shravan into the examination room. The silence between them was excruciating. They both had so many questions they wanted to ask each other and admit that there wasn’t a second when they didn't miss each other but their ego got in the way so they kept mum. Shravan sat down in the room as Suman pulled up a chair and took out her tools to draw his blood. Shravan watched her intently as she cleaned his arm off with an alcohol wipe. She still looked so beautiful. Suman brought the needle close to his skin and paused as she saw him stiffen his arm. She finally broke the silence and whispered, “It’ll hurt less if you relax your arm. If you want, you can hold my shoulder”.

He sat there quietly with his arms to his side declining her offer. Suman thought to herself he had become arrogant now but she knew that he was still the same delicate boy. The second this needle would pierce his skin, he’ll scream out like a child and squeeze her shoulder tightly. But, suddenly the thought of piercing his skin made her queasy. She didn’t want to hurt him. Her fingers trembled as she touched his forearm trying to find his vein. Her heart was thudding so loudly that she couldn’t focus on finding his vein. All she could think about was how his skin felt the same yet so different. There was a familiarity when she touched him but his skin that was once so soft was now rough and hard. 

Shravan wanted to get this done and over with quickly. He knew he couldn’t control his feelings for long when she was sitting so close to him tracing his skin with her feather-like fingertips. He rolled his eyes and asked in an annoyed voice, “Can you please hurry up? I have a lot of work to do”. 

She pressed her fingertips harder into his forearm and mumbled, “I can’t find your vein”. Suman was confused why she was having such a hard time. Drawing blood is the most basic medical procedure. She felt distracted by her own blood rushing through her veins. It seems that even after so many years, Shravan still had the same effect on her. 

Shravan was losing patience so he took her hand that was holding the needle and suddenly jabbed into his arm. He nonchalantly said, “My vein is here”. 

Suman was taken aback by his sudden action and tightly clutched his hand to stop him. She yelled out, “Shravan! No!” She looked up shocked to see that he didn’t even flinch. He wasn’t afraid of needles anymore. He had changed. He wasn’t the same boy she once knew. 

He looked into her worried eyes and coldy corrected her, “Major...it is Major Shravan Malhotra for you, Captain Tiwari”. Tears formed in Suman’s eyes but she blinked them away and focused on the vial that was collecting his blood. She felt nauseous looking at his blood. This never happens to her as she was a doctor so she was used to seeing other people’s blood. But, for some reason seeing Shravan’s blood made her uncomfortable. Shravan smirked, “Captain, if you are so incompetent at your job, I suggest you leave the Army Medical Corps”. 

Suman looked up appalled at the insult. She angrily asked, “Excuse me? What do you mean by that?” Suman thought to herself that he thinks he’s better than her just because he is her senior. But, what does he know? She was a topper at her medical school. But, unknown to Suman, Shravan was fully aware of that. But, his ego wouldn’t let him admit that he was proud of her accomplishments. Seeing her again, his wounds had resurfaced and he wanted to give her the same pain he endured. 

Suman was about to answer back when suddenly they heard a knock on the door. Shravan told the person to come in. It was his Junior who handed him the phone. Suman watched Shravan as the creases formed on his forehead. “Hmm...yes, Sir….right away”. He handed the phone back and shot a frustrated look at Suman. “Captain, how much more time? I need to leave soon. Can’t you work faster? Please, take your job more seriously. You have patients coming in who are injured but you are taking your sweet time as if nothing is urgent. Unlike you, I don’t have time to waste”. 

Suman looked up and clenched her jaw. She had enough of him and his insults. “Listen, Major Malhotra. I am a doctor not a magician. I can’t control the flow of your blood. But, it seems that you have a problem with me and if that’s the case, I can send someone else here to replace me. Would that be better, SIR?” 

Shravan’s Junior awkwardly looked at the two arguing. The tension between them was obvious and his Junior stepped out. He thought to himself what had gotten into the Major all of a sudden? Major Malhotra was different from the other officers. He was a self-made man without an ounce of arrogance. He was well-known for his kind-hearted nature. It was surprising to see him behaving so rudely with Captain Tiwari, a sweet and gentle soul. 

Suman got up to leave but Shravan caught her arm. He sighed, “No, it’s okay...we can’t waste more time”. Shravan felt guilty seeing how upset Suman had become because of him. One part of him wanted to hurt her feelings but the other part of him wanted to hold her close and ask if things could be the way they once used to be. 

Without looking at him, Suman gently said, “Make a fist...it’ll increase your blood flow so you can leave and get back to your duty”. Shravan nodded and did as she ordered. Suman studied his face carefully and asked, “Are you feeling okay?” Shravan nodded and then Suman asked the same question five minutes later. Shravan became confused as to why she kept asking the same question. Suman rolled her eyes and said, “I need to make sure you don’t feel light-headed. If something happens to you, it will be my responsibility”. Shravan felt a little disappointed knowing that she wasn’t genuinely concerned for him as a friend but rather as a doctor. For the remaining time, they sat there quietly and felt sad realizing how much had changed between them. 

As the vials were about to fill up, Suman spoke up again, “You donated a lot of blood so make sure to eat and drink fluids afterwards”. Shravan nodded as Suman carefully placed a bandage on his arm. She continued talking, “It’s important that you…” Shravan’s Junior knocked again and informed him that he had been summoned by the Colonel. Shravan quickly got up and ran out, returning to his work without turning back to look at her. Suman sighed and finished her sentence to herself, “...take care of yourself because I can’t see anything happen to you”. 

At night, Suman went into the office to collect some files. She noticed that the light was on in Shravan’s cabin. She looked at her watch and grew confused as to why he was working so late. She shrugged her shoulders and told herself that she didn’t care. She started to walk out but stopped as she felt something was wrong. She decided to peep into his cabin and saw him leaning against his desk with his head down. She quickly ran to him and tried to stabilize him as he was on the verge of losing consciousness. 

He leaned on her and whispered, “I don’t feel good, Sumo”. Suman’s heart dropped hearing him call her Sumo for the first time in years. She missed hearing Sumo from him more than she would like to admit. She snapped out of her thoughts and turned her attention back to him. He was covered in cold sweat and his body was clammy. She made him sit down and held his wrist. His pulse was slow and she realized that his blood pressure was dropping. 

She remembered that he donated a lot of blood earlier and maybe this was an after effect. She asked him angrily, “You didn’t eat or drink anything after donating your blood like I told you to, right? Of course, you never listen to me. You were always stubborn and now you are egoistic too”. He clutched her tightly and rested his head on her shoulder. Suman’s anger faded away realizing he really wasn’t feeling well. 

She ran out of his cabin to her jeep to grab her water bottle and some snacks. When she came back, he grabbed her arm and mumbled, “Please Sumo, don’t leave me”. 

Suman’s heart melted as she felt like her young and vulnerable Shravan was in front of her. She rubbed his back and whispered, “Don’t worry. I’m right here with you, Shravan”. She brought the water up to his lips and made him drink. Then, she helped him eat and he started to feel better. He looked into her concerned eyes as she caressed his hair. She softly asked, “Better?” and he nodded. He slightly moved back realizing how close they were to each other. She helped him to her jeep and said, “Let’s go to the clinic and I’ll give you some medicine”. 

Shravan pulled his arm away and said, “No, it’s okay. I’m fine now”. He couldn’t believe that he let his guard down in front of her. He can’t let her break his heart again. 

Suman sighed in frustration, “Shravan, please just shut up and get in the jeep”. 

Shravan looked angrily at her and said, “Excuse me? Is this how you talk to your senior? I can suspend you for this sort of behavior”. 

Suman raised her eyebrows and moved close to his face. She smirked, “Oh really? Then, do it”. Shravan stood there dumbstruck as the challenging look in her eyes unnerved him. She sat in her jeep and said, “Please hurry up, Major Malhotra. I have more important things to do than to take care of you”. Shravan gave in and quietly sat into the jeep. The drive to the clinic was silent unlike their minds. Shravan closed his eyes remembering his young, sweet Sumo who was so different from this cold and tough Captain Suman. But, he had also talked harshly with her earlier so he deserved the same treatment from her. 

They sat in the clinic as Suman re-checked his blood pressure. Shravan watched her closely as she focused on the reading, “Hmm...your blood pressure is stable now but still take these tablets once a day for the next three days. If you feel abnormal, stop the medication and immediately come to the clinic”. 

Shravan stared at her for a while and grew confused because this Suman was so different from the Suman that held him and took care of him when he was about to pass out. He slowly said, “Thank you”. 

She looked up and said in a flat voice, “No need to thank me, Major Malhotra. I would have done the same for anyone. I was just doing my job”. 

Shravan’s heart sank hearing how she equated him with anyone but he deserved her anger. He took a deep breath, “Sumo, I’m sorry...about this morning...I spoke out of line”. 

Suman rolled her eyes and corrected him, “It’s Captain...Captain Suman Tiwari. Please don’t call me by that name again”. Shravan looked down and bit down on his lip trying to hide his hurt face. She scoffed, “Also, please keep your apology to yourself. I had already forgotten about your rude behavior with me. To be honest, I don’t care what you think about me, Major Malhotra. If you do not need anything else from me, you can leave now”. 

Shravan sighed and started walking out. Suman listened to his footsteps getting lighter as he walked further away from her. Shravan was about to leave the clinic and he looked back at her stiff posture. He whispered to himself, “Please Sumo, look back...just once”. He waited for a while but she never turned around. He thought to himself, she can never forgive me. Shravan quietly walked out and shut the door behind him. Suman who had been holding her breath finally exhaled. She covered her mouth and broke down crying. Everything had changed. They had changed. 

-------------------

A/N: Sorry for any medical inaccuracies, grammar, and spelling mistakes. The needle scene was DOTS inspired. Please comment/like and let me know what you think!

Edited by alina.b - 3 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

lovely OS~ the clash was super strong! suman breaking down silently was a strong moment!

Lovely OS Alina!❤️

I really really really really really want to see something like this on the show!

Shravan's ego and Suman's care is so well written! Workaholic side of Shravan is a treat to read!

I just love reading your work!

Keep writing!👍🏼

Edited by Pranushka_723 - 3 years ago

what shall I say...its as beautiful as always...

Originally posted by Meena_J

lovely OS~ the clash was super strong! suman breaking down silently was a strong moment!

Aww thank you Meena! I didn't want Suman to be a typical FL who takes trash talk from the ML so instead she gave Shravan a taste of his own medicine 😆 but at the same time they both still love each other but their ego stops them from admitting it

Originally posted by Pranushka_723

Lovely OS Alina!smiley27

I really really really really really want to see something like this on the show!smiley42

Shravan's ego and Suman's care is so well written! Workaholic side of Shravan is a treat to read!

I just love reading your work!

Keep writing!smiley20

Thank you, Miyan! I'm glad you liked it! Actually they both are egoistic but also love each other. We see a soft Suman and jerk Shravan in the beginning and towards the end it flips as in Shravan becomes soft and Suman hardens. 

Originally posted by sambag

what shall I say...its as beautiful as always...

Aww thank you Sam! You're a sweetheart ❤️

Beautiful OS. Both are strong, egoistic & broken from inside. Love your writing. Reader in me want you  to continue the story & complete it with happy ending. 

Originally posted by Veenapain

Beautiful OS. Both are strong, egoistic & broken from inside. Love your writing. Reader in me want you  to continue the story & complete it with happy ending. 

Aww thank you, Veena! Suvan are more realistic in the OS compared to my FF where they almost seem like flawless humans. They both have conflicting feelings but their ego stops them from solving their issues and admitting their mistakes. 

That's very sweet of you but unfortunately, I don't know how I would continue this story. I can't think up of a plot. I feel like it would end up becoming a FF of it's own 😆 so I thought it would have been best to end it here with both of them feeling conflicted. Thank you so much for reading & commenting ❤️

Such a lovely OS, Alina!

Loved it to the core!

I wish CVs show this in the show!!!

The title is so apt!!!

Originally posted by MishtiNew

Such a lovely OS, Alina!

Loved it to the core!

I wish CVs show this in the show!!!

The title is so apt!!!

Aww thank you, Mishti!! I have a feeling that they will show something similar beause then what is the point of showing this blood donation track? We will get to see the contrast between the teenager Shravan who is afraid of needles and Major Malhotra who is fearless. 

Originally posted by alina.b

Aww thank you, Mishti!! I have a feeling that they will show something similar beause then what is the point of showing this blood donation track? We will get to see the contrast between the teenager Shravan who is afraid of needles and Major Malhotra who is fearless. 

I badly want to see Major Shravan Malhotra☺️

Since this is a finite show max 230 epis, I think we will get Major Shravan Malhotra soon. I think after the book donation track there will be two-three more tracks and then jump to Army phase 😆