CriticusExpert thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

This content was originally posted by: rkisnothot

Why should they be? Nobody is owed anything. 

How long is this forum going to keep whining about nepotism? Day in and day out, it's the same old repetitive crap. Bollywood has always been a family business. Most of the big stars of past eras were all well-connected. Occasionally they bring in some models or pageant contestants for their face or body. Most of those modeling type outsiders haven't been good actors anyway. 

Private companies have the right to spend their money on whoever they want. What is this entitlement that they have to help random people from the outside? 

APPLAUSE. Logic: A beacon of light amidst the dark.

Image result for applause

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Star kids have always existed. It has just gotten worse now because all the hype is around them. I know it is easy to blame only filmmakers and producers but it's us viewers who make them feel that it is better for business to take them instead of someone unknown. These star kids are followed by us for no reason even before they ever make it known that they want to enter the film industry. We want people to hire more outsiders then we should talk about outsiders more on social media. Support them. Support their films. No investor wants to risk their money and project when they think they have more certainty of getting their money with a star kid. Jhanvi has 8.4 million followers on Instagram. Radhika Madan has 2.2 million. These followers aren't filmmakers. It's us. Why shouldn't a filmmaker invest money on 8.8 million followers vs 2.2m? I know in reverse side we can also say the reason these outsiders have less followers is because they don't get enough work. It's true but we can't deny we just pay attention to star kids more no matter how many movies they have done. Ananya Pandey is only 2 movies old and she has 11.3 million. 

I know social media numbers don't mean much to box office but it shows to someone who is trying to hire them that they are a known face and they have relevance. 

vsbarry thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: rkisnothot

Why should they be? Nobody is owed anything. 

How long is this forum going to keep whining about nepotism? Day in and day out, it's the same old repetitive crap. Bollywood has always been a family business. Most of the big stars of past eras were all well-connected. Occasionally they bring in some models or pageant contestants for their face or body. Most of those modeling type outsiders haven't been good actors anyway. 

Private companies have the right to spend their money on whoever they want. What is this entitlement that they have to help random people from the outside? 

Because some want to watch BW films but get turned off by the amount of averageness on the screen. 

If you ask me I rather watch a good looking model who is averagely talented star kid or not than an averagely talented average looking (most star kids) groomed to death acting on my screen. Most star kids are not talented either but they are still getting there 2nd and 3rd film until they prove 1 ounce of talent in them.

You are either a good performer and talented, or you are averagely talented and pretty enough to watch on screen. No one wants to see an average looking, averagely talented star kid trying to be hot and trying to act.

I mean I can stop watching, and you may tell me that...but just pointing out that BW is just on a downward spiral in terms of standards on what they try to show as real talent in return for the selfish benefits of stardom and success.

They havent survived with nepotism being their primary talent anyway for the past two decades. Stars with talent from an outside background do tend to win the audience over. Its a family business trying to retain and bring back the status as a BW business with certain people in power.. but know that their star kids may not reach up to a level that many outsiders have been able to do with the audience because eventually with time you see who is there for the long run and who has made an impact with the audience. ...Hence, the disparity in opportunity level. That is the underlyance to success for this wave coming in. without it, they are nothing. and w/o they would be equally compared to a wider range of talent possibly disabling their perfect jounrey to potential stardom.

audience is king, and BW has no choice to owe it to them when their moolah is the one coming from them.

Edited by vsbarry - 3 years ago
Bang-bang thumbnail

BW is on a self-destructive spiral with this nepotism bandwagon. Now kids of everybody who was a somebody in Bollywood are debuting! No wonder none of these countless, talentless, plastic-surgery enabled nepo products enjoy any fan hysteria!

I hope talented actors in OTT platforms gain more popularity than these nepo-kids.