•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

God I loved that movie!! It's the only instance I can remember where a sequel was soo much better than the first one. I watched it recently again and I still loved everything about the movie. Everything! Each little thing about the movie made me laugh. All the actors played their roles so well. Kangana was superb, specially as datto! I hate her but she is truly a treat to watch in the movie. Madhavan, Deepak Dobriyal as Pappi, Swara bhaskar, Jimmy shergil, M. Zeeshan Ayub, Rajendra Gupta as Tanu's dad, Rajesh Sharma as datto's brother were all absolutely freaking amazing!! I can't say it enough. Each of these talented actor had moments to shine which  just goes to show how good the script was.

Oh and the lines in the movie are hilarious! Kangana saying he is like a ginger expanding from every side. When she tells the story of how she loved Raja awasthi and the man fooled her into marrying him I nearly died. Jimmy's line on how he wasn't lucky enough to ride the horse even once and Maddy hasn't even gotten off the horse. So many gems!! When Datto's brother asks if they are species of dinosaurs that if their daughter marries outside, their line will become extinct! The last scene between Datto and Tanu is my favorite. I can watch that scene 100 times!

I remember this movie, going to the theater knowing absolutely nothing about it. I wasn't even a fan of hers then.

I didn't even watch Tanu Weds Manu fully as I didn't find it engaging

But the first scene of their wedding with their poses splitting into 5 had the audience in the theater in splits as we all related to it ( the married ones)

We all had given that pose with the screen splitting into several screens and the background. The rest they say is history. Loved it, love it even now.

The best part of the movie are the dialogues. Double roles are very difficult to do and to make sure they are unique and different from each other is more difficult, for people to actually ask if both were played by Kangana was a tribute to her acting abilities.

I laughed in the theater over the wedding video and I laughed again when I recently watched it. My parents, uncle and aunt's wedding videos had that same multiple split screen diamond edit! I hadn't seen it in so long. 

Maine thyroid test karwaye the.. result negative aye hai ðŸ¤£

The movie is too good!

Edited by Jyoti_kuku - 3 years ago

One of the most entertaining movie ever made.I hated the 1st part n I loveeee the 2nd part.So so many classic scenes.But my fav will always be the one where people had come to see Kangana’s sister for marriage n she comes out in towel..that scene and the opening scene where they are fighting in the mental asylum are the bestttt.