Which genre you want to see in itv? - Page 3

Poll Question :

Which genre you would love to watch in future?

Poll Choice
Saas bahu + family drama
Romance
Comedy
Thriller
Youth+college drama
Mythology+historical
Romantic thriller
Super natural+fantasy+scifi+adventure
Medical drama
Crime
Login To Vote
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by Sree_mk

I think Sandiip approached Dipika Kakar for Sonakshi role first. That time, DKI was offered for Big Boss also. She took Big Boss that time. After that only Sandiip tried to cast Divyanka for Sonakshi role. But due to extension of YHM, she couldn't take up KHKT project. After DKI won Big Boss show, Sandiip called her and she came onboard to play Sonakshi role in KHKT.These are all I mentioned above are said by Sandiip sir in one interview. So, DKI is the one first approached for Sonakshi role and i think she acted very well in that role.

That was a cover up because in his earliest interviews he told that he wanted to cast DT first. In his later interviews he changed the story prolly to not make DKI look like she was the second choice and not the first, not that it is bad or something. In fact when the news of YHM going off air in October 2018 came, there was another news of Divyanka playing the lead in Sandiip’s next post YHM’s closure. However StarPlus gave extension to YHM and DT also got busy with her web series. So Sandiip has to look for some other actor. 

Casting for any show involves many choices. It is not like the producer thinks of one actor and the actor agrees. They always have many people in mind. 

Originally posted by YHCstan

That was a cover up because in his earliest interviews he told that he wanted to cast DT first. In his later interviews he changed the story prolly to not make DKI look like she was the second choice and not the first, not that it is bad or something. In fact when the news of YHM going off air in October 2018 came, there was another news of Divyanka playing the lead in Sandiip’s next post YHM’s closure. However StarPlus gave extension to YHM and DT also got busy with her web series. So Sandiip has to look for some other actor. 

Casting for any show involves many choices. It is not like the producer thinks of one actor and the actor agrees. They always have many people in mind. 

OK yaar. You believe what you read and I believe what I read in articles. What ever is the story, Sonakshi Rastogi role was played by DKI only at last. She got so many new fans also by playing Sonakshi character superbly.

P.S: DKI did BigBoss from September 2018 to December 2018.So, I guess first set of discussions about KHKT and Sonakshi would happened between Dipika and Sandiip before September 2018.

Edited by Sree_mk - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Sree_mk

OK yaar. You believe what you read and I believe what I read in articles. What ever is the story, Sonakshi Rastogi role was played by DKI only at last. She got so many new fans also by playing Sonakshi character superbly.

P.S: DKI did BigBoss from September 2018 to December 2018.So, I guess first set of discussions about KHKT and Sonakshi would happened between Dipika and Sandiip before September 2018.

I don’t mean to undermine Dipika’s portrayal as Sonakshi. Having seen her as Sona, even I can’t imagine anyone else as Sonakshi.

I guess you didn’t know that Divyanka even did a photo shoot some time in Aug-Sep 2018 and there were many speculations that it was for a new show for Sandiip. So yeah, Sandiip who is very close to Divyanka would have pitched KHKT when there were rumours of YHM going off air. (They are the YHM team after all) 

I am not saying Sandiip didn’t have Dipika in mind. All I am saying is he asked Divyanka first prolly because he was already working with her in YHM. 

Originally posted by Rosalinne

Even i love college dramas like 13 reasons, pretty little liars and how can i forget of course teen wolf

Pkyek was good but very honestly speaking,  compared to american drama intensity, thriller is less, no offence but pkyek, vivian and sukirti are talented actors but at some point has story too much comedy and seems like family drama, compared to teen wolf college drama it is not that awesome

But i don't like now a supernatural drama belongs to naagin, witch etc but love too much vampire or wolf college romance whose intensity is equal to teen wolf in terms of romance, hot scene,thriller and mystery

College dramas like pll remake should also be made

@BOLD Hey 13 Reasons Why's final season is live now. Are you gonna watch ? Well i had watched all the 3 seasons (1st was my fav, 2nd was okayish but 3rd was better not to say) but dont know about the final one as the spoilers are quite disappointing me. Well i didnt watched PLL but watching the spin off of PLL - The Perfectionists on Amazon Prime. Its an outstanding show and i am loving it. Didnt watched Teen wolf though. 

I would really like to see an Indian remake of PLL or even if not some college drama thriller inspired by PLL here in India. Hey by the way did you watched The Vampire Diaries ? I had only watched first episode till now.

Edited by Neonholic - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Rosalinne

You mean similarly to mohit suri's films

I didn't even know his name until I google-d it😆🤣

Lol I haven't watched any of his movies😆 I guess my mom has watched half girlfriend🤔

Originally posted by Sakpika

I didn't even know his name until I google-d it😆🤣

Lol I haven't watched any of his movies😆 I guess my mom has watched half girlfriend🤔

Sakshi are you NRI ? 😊

Originally posted by Neonholic

Sakshi are you NRI ? 😊

No😆🤣

Born, bred and living in India till now😆

Just that I have been quite detached from Indian cinema and ITV... I watch only those bollywood movies which my dad suggests as he is a bolly expert😎😆

Edited by Sakpika - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Sakpika

No😆🤣

Born and bred in India😆

Just that I have been quite detached from Indian cinema and ITV... I watch only those bollywood movies which my dad suggests as he is a bolly expert😎😆

Ohhhh 🤣🤣 I am sorry for asking like that 😛

Originally posted by Neonholic

Ohhhh 🤣🤣 I am sorry for asking like that 😛

Why are you being sorry😆 A very normal question 😆

Edited by Sakpika - 3 years ago

I personally think ITV should have a variety of every genre. Most of the shows even the relatively decent ones are all romance that’s boring imo. Though if I had to select my favourite genres I would say romantic fantasy and crime thriller