Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Susmitasumi96 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Abhiya4life

Awww thank you! 🤗 I do remember we used to chat there, glad to see you here as well! I couldn’t help myself so I came back 😆

loving your stories as well ❤️

Thank youuu dear!

Please update your story soon! ❤❤❤❣

soniakhanna01 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Wonderful part dear

Continue soon dear 

Can't wait now after reading this wonderful part

E

Eagerly waiting for the next part

soniakhanna01 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Hai i am l

Also on wattpad read your story meant to be there 

Glad to see you here 

Keep writing

simply.meghana thumbnail

Originally posted by: soniakhanna01

Wonderful part dear

Continue soon dear 

Can't wait now after reading this wonderful part

E

Eagerly waiting for the next part

thank you 🤗 Chapter 2 will be up soon, just need to proofread and make some small changes 

simply.meghana thumbnail

Originally posted by: soniakhanna01

Hai i am l

Also on wattpad read your story meant to be there 

Glad to see you here 

Keep writing

yay more Wattpad readers! 😆

simply.meghana thumbnail

Chapter 2

Touch

She was in the forest again. Why was she here? This was an area she didn’t recognize. 

“Piya....” A voice called. She desperately looked around, only to find no one. 

“Piya....” She covered her ears. The voice wouldn’t stop calling her name. 

“Who are you?” She yelled into the trees. No answer. Just her name. Over and over again. 

It was dark, and she heard footsteps. She tried to move, but her feet were disconnected from her mind. They stayed where they were. 

The footsteps got closer and closer. Her heart beat out of her chest. What was happening? 

The figure stood a few feet apart from her, nothing visible except his eyes. Those striking, cobalt blue eyes. They carried a pain and confusion within them, as if they were trying to understand something but always failing to. Piya’s lips parted and she tried to speak, but the figure closed the distance between them and touched her cheek with his fingers. It was a loving touch, a calming touch. It held a burning intensity that she wanted to feel all over her body, despite his fingers being as cold as ice. Her lips curled into a soft smile, her eyes gently closing. Her heartbeats slowed. 

“Stay away....it’s not safe for you.” She didn’t understand why he was saying these things, instead focusing on how his touch felt, how his voice sounded. She wanted to drown in it. If this was a dream, she didn’t want it to end. 

He couldn’t resist her for long. Their touch sparked a blaze in their hearts and souls that only they could extinguish. He wished he could hold her like this, forever. “It’s okay....you’ll keep me safe.” Those words stabbed him in the heart. No...you don’t understand... he thought. I’m your greatest danger.

Her skin fractured under his fingers, causing him to pull away and back off in fear. She was falling apart, like a glass doll. He did this to her. He thought moving away would stop this destruction. But it was too late, she was already shattering. But she still kept her haunting smile. 

——————————————————————

Piya woke up, sweating and breathing heavily. What on earth was that dream? She ran the back of her hand over her forehead, wiping the sweat off. She was really hot. She shut off the heater and sat upright, taking deep breaths. 

The dream replayed as clear as day in her mind. Who was that man, and why had he affected her so much? She immediately touched her cheek. It was fine. 

“It’s only been one night, oh god.” She sighed heavily and slumped back down on the bed, glancing at her alarm. She had woken up early, still a few hours to go before she had to leave for class. 

She couldn’t stop thinking about those eyes, that touch, the way he called her name. It was such a soft and soothing touch, one that could burn her to ashes and she still wouldn’t mind. It was hypnotic. It was full of want. All her ears could hear was his deep, husky voice.

She shook her head. “It was just a dream, Piya. Just a dream.” 

——————————————————————

He awoke with a jerk, crumpling the bed sheets in his palms. Why did he choose this night to actually sleep for once? And what was that dream?

He sat up and slumped forward, running his fingers through his hair. This girl had affected him too much, and not knowing why pissed him off. She’s just a silly, human girl. That’s it.

“Then why can’t I stop thinking about you?” He whispered to himself. She brought strange feelings to his cold, dead heart. It scared him. 

He stood up from his bed and neatly set the sheets and covers. The entire room was incredibly well-kept. Most of the furniture was black or some shade of red, just the way he liked it. A fireplace raged on in front of the bed, a soft antique rug separating the two. A large bookcase of ancient texts covered the backside of the room. 

He pulled the curtains aside, wincing at the sudden onset of sunlight, and glanced out his balcony to see the white villa in the distance. Everytime he looked over at it, he felt restless. 

She was too close to him. Too close. 

His fist loudly slammed into the wall to his right, the paint chips and wall materials strewn on the floor. Within the next minute, his door opened. He looked at his visitor with a glare and turned away to his closet. 

“Abhay, you really need to stop destroying these poor walls. This place is just barely hanging on as is.” 

“Sorry.” He mumbled. He grabbed a towel from his closet and moved towards the bathroom. He wasn’t in the mood for conversation. “You can leave now, Siddharth.” 

Siddharth was confused by Abhay’s change in behavior. He hadn’t seen his brother this troubled about something in years. Abhay usually had his emotions in check. Something changed. 

He stepped towards the balcony, trying to find what angered him. He saw the lights on in the villa across from them, meaning that someone was living there. 

“Looks like we have a new neighbor.” Abhay stopped in his tracks, his hand now crushing the bathroom door. “That’s nice, seeing that villa empty always made me sad for some reason.” He appeared behind Abhay, prying his hand off the door. Chunks of wood fell to the floor. “And you need to stop crushing things. Calm down. What has gotten into you suddenly?”

“Stay away from her, Siddharth. She’s nothing but trouble.” He lifted an eyebrow, crossing his arms. 

“Her, is it? And when did you meet this....her?” He stopped. Abhay had gone hunting last night in the forests near the villa. Perhaps this girl had run into him. He knew Abhay wasn’t the biggest fan of humans. 

Abhay stayed silent, which confirmed his suspicion. 

“I get it now.” He shoved his hands in his pockets and chuckled. “Go and enjoy your shower. I’m going to pay a visit with Mandu.” 

Abhay looked at him, annoyed and puzzled. They weren’t supposed to interact with humans this closely, yet Siddharth went about such behavior defiantly. Abhay scoffed at his actions and entered the bathroom, shutting the door hard behind him. 

——————————————————————

Piya was busy tying her hair into a bun as her pancakes sizzled in the hot pan. It smelled really yummy. She hadn’t eaten anything since last evening and she was starving. 

Everything was set for her first day at Doon University. Her books, violin, registration papers, and herself. Transportation was the only worry. She’d have to walk to the university. It wasn’t too far, but she’d have to leave a bit earlier to be on time for class. At least it’d be a good form of exercise. 

The doorbell rang as she finished plating her pancakes. “Coming!” She set her mug of fresh coffee on the table and hurried towards the door. Who could it be? There weren’t that many people here, and it would’ve been difficult to know if anyone was living here at all. 

She opened the door to find a man and woman standing in front of her. Both were dressed in black and other dark colors, contrasting with the glow of their skin. They had quite the commanding presence, almost as if they were royalty. She’s never seen anyone this gorgeous before. Her jaw was surely on the floor by now. The man had sleek black hair that was combed back, slight stubble, and very expressive black eyes. The woman was smiling brightly, her hair decorated in a dark brown and black ombré, her light green eyes reminding Piya of green tea. Were they models? “Hello...” She said nervously. Compared to them, she was quite unkempt and plain. Her hair was in a messy top bun and she was still in her nightgown. She looked at her feet. The pink bunny slippers weren’t helping matters. Oh god, this is so embarrassing...she thought, her cheeks turning red. 

“Hello! Don’t mind us, we just wanted to meet the person living in this villa. We didn’t think anyone lived here.” Piya managed to smile.

“Oh yeah, I moved in just last night.” She stepped to the side and gestured. “Come in.” She led them to the sofa. “Do you both live nearby? I haven’t seen much in terms of houses in the area.” 

“We live in that mansion down there.” The lady pointed outside the window to the extravagant building down in the forest. It looked even more secluded than her villa. She didn’t even notice it last night, despite taking that walk in that direction. Strange. 

The man smiled and held out his hand. “I’m Siddharth Raichand...” Raichand. Piya had heard that name before. Supposedly, this family owned many properties in Dehradun and several businesses as well. They were very rich and affluent. “And this is my loving wife, Mandakini.”

“But you can just call me Mandu.” Piya giggled and shook hands with them. Their skin felt oddly cold, perhaps cause of the weather. It was rather chilly outside. She brushed it off and introduced herself. 

“Piyashree Jaiswal. But you can just call me Piya.”

“A beautiful name for a beautiful lady.” Piya couldn’t hide her blush and shyly looked at the floor, shuffling her feet. “What brings you to Dehradun?” 

“Actually I’m starting my M.A. in music at Doon University today. I’m just a student. This villa is my aunt’s. She’s letting me live here while I’m studying.”

“That’s very nice of her. You must be a bright student. What do you play?” 

“Violin.” She chirped, her eyes brightening. 

They all chatted for a bit, which made Piya feel more comfortable in this new city. She didn’t think it’d be this easy to talk to other people. There was no awkwardness between them. They are nice people, she thought. She looked back at the mansion in the distance. It was rather big, and she found it hard to believe only the two were living there. Were there more people living there? 

“It must get lonely in that big mansion, na?” She asked, hesitantly. There was a brief silence. Maybe she shouldn’t have asked. Rich people live in big houses all the time. She was worried she had offended them, when Siddharth laughed. 

“Not at all. The three of us are very close. Contrary to belief, it’s very comforting.” Wait, three?

“Three of us?” 

“Ah yes, my younger brother also lives with us.” Piya’s eyes brightened with curiosity, something Siddharth took notice of. “His name is Abhay. He’s not much of a people person though, so you might not see him around much.” Piya frowned and gripped her mug of coffee closer to her. His name made her feel something, the same feeling she experienced in the forest the night before. She wanted to meet him. Maybe he was just as nice as his brother and sister-in-law were. “He completing his MBA at Doon University, but he doesn’t go to campus much.” This surprised her.

“But missing lectures? And his assignments? How does he do it?”

“He’s a topper in his class, studies at home. Very intelligent, so he tells me he doesn’t need lectures. Shame, you two could’ve gone to college together. Carpooling, you know? Good for the environment.” Piya suppressed a laugh and stared back at the mansion again. Who was he? She wanted to know. 

“Well I think we should be heading out. You’re probably getting late for classes?” Mandu smiled. “Feel free to stop by at our place if you get the time.” 

“Thank you. It was nice meeting you both.”

“Same to you.” They both stood up and walked to the door with such grace that stunned Piya. They were mysterious, and charming. I wonder if this Abhay is the same way. She smiled to herself and showed them out, indulging in her breakfast afterwards. The pancakes were really yummy and filling. Now she actually had the energy to walk to campus.

Siddharth and Mandu walked back to the mansion through the forest. Mandu had caught a glimpse of the beautiful black violin as they were heading out. She looked star struck enough to concern Siddharth.

“What happened, love?” 

“She said she played violin, right?” She beamed. “Do you think if I ask, she’ll play a song for us? You know how much I love classical music.” She pressed up to him. “You know I love attending symphonies.” That was true. The most memorable symphony they had attended together was during their family’s time in Vienna. It was Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony, 1824. 

Siddharth laughed and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. “Love, calm down. She just got here.” He kissed Mandu’s forehead. “You can ask later. She seems like a nice girl. I’m sure she would love to.”

She pouted and looked down. “Fine.” He chuckled and took her hand, leading her back home. She behaved like a child sometimes, but he loved that about her. He hadn’t seen her smile as such in centuries. 

——————————————————————

Piya saw the light snowfall outside the window as she chose her outfit for the day. I should dress warm. Let’s see. She selected her warmest pair of black leggings and a sky blue woolen sweater, wrapping a fluffy white scarf around her neck. She braided her hair into a loose braid, stray strands falling over her baby brown eyes. She smiled in the mirror. Her first snow. She had never seen snowfall in her lifetime, but today she got to walk through it. She wore her most comfortable beige boots, knowing that she’d be walking quite a bit everyday. 

She blew a kiss to her mother’s photo as she stepped out of the house, embarking on a new journey. 

The walk was easier than expected, and before she knew it she had reached the front gates of Doon University. Each department had its own orientation for its students later in the day. The one for all students was about to happen in half an hour. Piya stepped onto campus grounds and followed the signs to the Arts department. It was a large, single building, standing next to a rather extravagant concert and theater hall. Attached to the left side of the building was a wing for classrooms, art studios, and practice rooms. There were quite a few students standing there already, chatting and mingling with each other. 

Piya swallowed the anxiety that welled up in her throat and clutched her violin case close to her chest. Orientation was about to be held in the main quad area of the university, for all students. She submitted her remaining documents to the department’s registrar and caught the eyes of some of the students. They smiled at her, and she smiled back. This calmed her down a little. Now to find this quad. She wasn’t very good with directions, and she felt like she was the only one lost in this whole university. 

She walked out, speed walking around the various hallways of the campus. 

Suddenly papers went flying. In her internal panic and obliviousness, she had bumped into someone and made them drop their papers. “Oh no I’m so sorry...I-I didn’t mean....”

“Don’t sweat it, dude. Chill.” The girl smiled  and started to pick up the papers. Piya immediately began to help her. “You seem new here.”

“Ah..yeah. First day. I got lost and....now we’re here.” Piya gathered the rest of the papers and handed it to the girl. “I’m very sorry.” 

“No worries dude.” Piya smiled. “I’m a firm believer in no sorry’s and no thank you’s in friendship.” The girl extended her hand. “Nice to meet you. I’m Misha Dobriyal. Final year B.A. in fine arts.”

Piya extended her hand. “Piyashree Jaiswal. But you can call me Piya. First year M.A. in music.”

“Piya, I like that. You know, you’re the coolest newbie I’ve met today.” She scratched her head. “Actually, you’re the only newbie I’ve met today, but that makes you the coolest.” She gestured at Piya’s violin. “I’ve never met a violin player before either. I thought only old fashioned people play these instruments.” Piya giggled. “But you don’t seem like that.” 

“I really hope I’m not.” They burst into a fit of laughter. Piya immediately felt comfortable with her. 

“Oh shit! Orientation! Come on, let’s go!” Misha grabbed Piya’s wrist and they both ran to the main quad. The presentations were about to begin. 

——————————————————————

Abhay hated coming to campus, but as a student and also member of the trustee board, along with Siddharth, he had no choice but to show up for at least the first day. As soon as the brothers stepped out of the car, a crowd of girls with too much time on their hands congregated around the main entrance. 

He had come dressed in a full black suit and white tie, just tight enough to make these ladies drool even more over him. He carried such a presence that everyone was just left staring. 

Tanushree, aka T, aka the university’s biggest flirt, was waiting for him. Everyone knew she only got into the university because of her father’s money, otherwise she was as dumb as a bucket. She pretended to faint and fall in his arms as he walked by. Abhay caught her and shot her a cold glare. T started her melodrama, her cronies cheering her on in the back. 

“Oh Abhay, you take such good care of me.” She touched the buttons on his coat. “Did you miss me? Because I missed you.”

“I’m sorry, do I know you?” His deep voice dripped with sarcasm. He simply let her drop, without warning. Gravity did the rest of the job. She fell with a hard thump on the ground, her heels and her pride now broken. “Oops...” He smirked and looked ahead, glancing at Siddharth who was trying his best not to laugh. 

——————————————————————

Misha had finally stopped running as soon as she and Piya reached the quad. It was setup quite nicely with the large stage. They both slumped into chairs immediately, catching their breaths. The dean just stepped onto the stage and was adjusting the mic. “Phew....we barely made it.”

“Yeah....thank goodness...” Piya closed her eyes for a second and relaxed. So much running. Misha was fast, that’s for sure. “You sure run fast. Are you an athlete or something?” Misha laughed and waved her hand.

“Nah...fight or flight dude. I’ve missed orientation for the past three years, and every time my parents yell at me. I promised them that I would make it on time this year.”

“But this isn’t mandatory for continuing students, right?”

“Yeah...but you know parents. When will you be responsible? When will you learn? And whatever else.” Piya wished she knew her parents. Her mom left her too early. And her father didn’t care. Her hand clutched her pendant again. Misha pulled out her phone and snapped a selfie of them. 

“What was that?” Misha smirked and typed away on her phone.

“A picture for my papa. Proof, see.” She showed Piya the photo. “To show him I’m actually here.” Piya giggled and shook her head. She felt like she’d known Misha for years. She would cherish her friendship with her. 

The dean began speaking. It was a typical welcome speech, nothing too exciting. Misha had quickly fallen asleep and was leaning slightly forward in her chair. Piya was zoning out as well, until the college trustees came onto stage. She saw Siddharth was one of them. But her attention diverted to the man standing next to Siddharth. 

He was very handsome. Strong build, defined jawline, light stubble, dark raven hair, and icy grey eyes that reminded her of gemstones. It was like she was staring at a Greek god. He stood out to her in a good way. She couldn’t stop staring at him. He seemed familiar. 

Abhay noticed Piya staring at him like he was food. The irony was enough to make him stifle a laugh on stage. Thankfully, he didn’t have to speak in front of these people today. He was just here to observe. Siddharth took care of the talking. 

He couldn’t stop himself from looking at her either, no matter how much he fought the urge. Their eyes met for maybe a second or two, but for them, it felt like an eternity. 

Piya thought she has seen those eyes before. In her dream, and in that forest. How can that be possible? They weren’t even the same color. But they held the same pain she saw then. The same shape, the same gaze. She looked away from him and focused on the speeches. Perhaps she was just daydreaming. 

Misha jerked awake with the final applause that rocked the open air, her hands automatically joining in applause too. “It’s over. Thank god. Did I miss much?” Piya laughed and shook her head. 

“Not really. I was just about to fall asleep too.” Her eyes searched for him again, finding him talking to Siddharth. Perhaps Misha knew who he was. Let me ask. Piya shook her shoulders. “Hey Misha? Who’s that guy over there? In the black suit and white tie?” Misha rubbed her eyes and squinted, looking over to where Piya was gesturing. Her face turned into a grimace. “Oh that loser....Abhay Raichand.” So he was Siddharth’s younger brother. 

Piya unconsciously smiled. Misha saw this and made puking noises. “Don’t tell me, you’re drooling over him too?” Piya snapped out of it and shook her head. 

“No...no I...actually the place I’m staying at is close to the Raichand mansion. I met his brother and sister-in-law this morning. But this is the first time I’m seeing him.”

“Yeah...he’s kind of a recluse. Arrogant and a tad rude too. I think I’ve only seen him on campus for important university events and exams.” Misha shook her head and stretched. “Doesn’t stop half the female population here from daydreaming about him though.” 

That particular statement made Piya’s blood boil for some reason. Why are you getting upset? You haven’t even talked to the guy. Piya sighed and stood up. Siddharth noticed her and Misha and politely waved. Piya softly smiled and waved back. Abhay noticed this and turned away, indifferent. He looked rather irritated too. They’re so different. One brother is friendly and sweet, the other seems like he rather not be here. 

Piya turned back to Misha. “Hey Misha, let’s go. You’re in the Arts department too, right? We have another orientation to go to.” Misha groaned and stood up, clearly upset. 

“Ughh another one? Don’t these people have anything else to do?” Piya shook her head and laughed. “Fine...lead the way, Maestro Piya.”

Piya smacked her forehead and pulled Misha along. “Come.”

Abhay watched the duo leave for the Arts department, his eyes fixed just on Piya. His distaste towards her was slowly turning into a strong curiosity. He tapped Siddharth’s shoulder, as he was speaking to some faculty. “Siddharth, I’ll be back.” 

“That’s fine, but where are you going?” he asked back. 

“Arts Department. You said in the car that the faculty were planning to have the National Merit Scholarship student play something.” He had glanced at the file of all students on a scholarship at the University, and saw Piyashree Jaiswal at the top of the documents. He flashed his signature smirk. “I’m merely curious.”

“I’ll come too. I’m actually curious myself.” Abhay nodded. “Let’s go. They must be starting soon.” 

Let’s see what you’ve got, Piya Jaiswal. He thought to himself. Perhaps this performance would give him the answers he was looking for. 

——————————————————————

Let me know what you all think in the comments and do like it you enjoyed! I hope I’m not boring you all 😆

cuteariya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

awesome update

i feel really bad for pia she lost her mom at very young age🥺

her so called father left them & never look back at them😡

hopefully pia's mamaji isn't faking his love & care toward pia

finally look like abhiya met😊

abhay didn't like anyone in the forest

he was feeling something seeing pia

yet abhiya didn't see each other face

continue plz

simply.meghana thumbnail

Originally posted by: cuteariya

awesome update

i feel really bad for pia she lost her mom at very young age🥺

her so called father left them & never look back at them😡

hopefully pia's mamaji isn't faking his love & care toward pia

finally look like abhiya met😊

abhay didn't like anyone in the forest

he was feeling something seeing pia

yet abhiya didn't see each other face

continue plz

thank you ❤️

mamaji is nice man don’t worry 😆 his role is small so you may not see him much 

simply.meghana thumbnail

will try to! 😉

cuteariya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Amazing chapter 

Oops both abhiya r so attract to each other that they had dreams😉

So both abhiya live close to each other 

Awe siddarth & madhu is really friendly people 

They interact with pia well & pia felt comfortable with them😃

First day in college pia was nervous 

Glad she met misha & both get along very well😃

Loll that T tried to get abhay’s attention but she failed🤣

Finally abhiya saw each other & just couldn’t take their eyes off each other😉

Oops pia got jealous when misha told her half of the college girls r drooling over abhay😂

Now abhay is really curious abt pia😎

Continue plz