*POTW*: Hanuman Bhakt | Everyone join in!

Posted: 3 years ago

Hello Everyone and Welcome to PLOT OF THE WEEK

The Scenario of the Week is: Shravan pretends to impress Suman's family as a Hanuman devotee in a comic manner. (Inspired from the scene as Shravan trying to impress Suman's family but this time its post leap).

Rules:

1. Write a short paragraph of 5-7 lines describing a scene as a continuation of the scene above

2. If you wish to continue the plot above, hit the like button (ONLY HIT LIKE IF YOU PLAN ON CONTINUING WRITING)

3. Before Continuing writing, make sure that someone hasn't already written the next part (Do NOT write the next part if someone has already like the post)

4. Please Continue the story, within one hour of liking the previous post (If you do NOT continue within an hour, someone else can continue)

5. If the rules are still unclear, please look at our First POTW as an example.

This is a way for you to be creative and express scenes you want to see! It can be romantic, funny, dramatic, horror, etc. Do whatever your heart desires!

Please abide by all Forum rules and regulations! Don't forget to have fun!

I'll start...

Shravan was meeting Suman's family after a very long time and felt nervous. Daadu's stare made him feel like a troublesome teenager again. But, luckily he brought laddoos with him. He passed some to Daadu and said, "Hanuman-ji ka prasad". Daadu raised his eyebrows and asked, "I thought you were a Shiv-ji bhakt?" Shravan gulped and said, "I believe in all gods but I've been the most inspired by Hanuman-ji". Daadu smirks, "So, you don't plan on getting married, then?"

Shravan says with a fake grin, "When time permits. I haven't found my type of girl. Hanuman ji will do me this favor when time permits." Dadu says, "Right, right. By the way, Ramesh has organized a "Hanuman Chalisa at the nearby temple. Everyone from our family has invited our close friends. So tell your family to come there." In the meanwhile, Suman comes out echoing Daadu's name and running from the stairs with Kanchan behind her. Shravan and Daadu look at what is going on. Shravan and Suman share an eye lock before Daadu says, "What happened now? Is the offering still yet to be made by the confectioner?" Suman says, "No Dadu! In fact, they want to know if anything else is to be made." She and Shravan share eye locks but it continues to get awkward. Kanchan comments, "Look who has arrived after such a deception." Suman says, "Kanchan, please. Move on." Daadu says, "Okay dear. I'll go check on with the other arrangements." He leaves while Suman gives a don't-care face look to Shravan. Shravan feels guilty while Suman and Kanchan leave. 

During the pooja, Shravan's attention kept going to Suman as she looked beautiful in her plain salwar. Suman was going around and applying tikka on everyone's forehead but purposely skipped Shravan. She was still mad at him. Devraj nudged Shravan to go help the Tiwari family with preparation. Shravan followed Suman and asked if he could help. She turned around and told him to sit quietly with others and pay attention to the pooja. 

He gets miffed and follows her. He says, "What Sumo? Why are you ignoring me? Because of what happened years ago?" Suman says, "Well, I'm just remembering the first time you pretend to be so devotional." Shravan gets excited and says, "Oh my god! That was such a good thing to impress the oldie." He laughs but quickly stops upon looking at Suman being upset at him. "Look, I don't have time for your useless talks as I couldn't care less. I need to look at other arrangements then you jumping like a monkey." Meanwhile, Ramesh asks a servant as to where is the devotional singer and to ask for his whereabouts. Devraj comes up to Ramesh and asks how he is. Ramesh fakes his smile saying, that he is okay. Devraj says, "You still have not forgotten about the loss from the deal, have you?" Ramesh looks on. 

Ramesh sighs, "I am still recovering from those losses but I don't blame you. Please, don't take it to your heart. It was not your fault". Devraj smiles and was glad to have a clean-hearted friend like Ramesh. Suman was walking by and Ramesh stops her to ask if the devotional singer was here yet. She saw Shravan afar holding his ears asking for forgiveness. She decided to have some fun. She called Shravan over and said to Ramesh, "Unfortunately, the devotional singer was caught in traffic but no worries, our Shravan has a beautiful voice! He will sing! You wanted to help, right Shravan?" Shravan looked at her wide-eyed as even she knew that he had the voice of a frog. How will he sing in front of so many people? Devraj looked confused as even he was unaware of his useless son's hidden talent. 

Shravan gulps and says, "Me?! I mean, me? It would be an honor to sing. Sure!" He gives a death stare at Suman while she and Kanchan, who followed behind her, chuckled quietly and they were giggling. Suman says, "I have also invited another guest, Bunty." Shravan gets shocked while Devraj says, "another idiot arrives with his unharmonius talks." Shravan also gets delighted thinking about meeting Bunty after a long time. He thinks, "I'll also apologize to Bunty after the school race. He rejected the school trophy but I don't know what happened to him." 

Shravan gives a big smile to Bunty when he walks in but Bunty ignores him. It seems like over half the people in this room were angry with Shravan. Shravan was surprised to see that Bunty and Suman were still friends as he was the one who introduced them. Suman giggled and informed Bunty that Shravan would be singing devotional songs. Bunty raised his eyebrows in surprise and gave an amused look as even he was aware that Shravan had a terrible voice. Bunty smirked, "Well, I'll sing with Shravan too...for old time sake".  Shravan was nervous as he was about to sing. But, then he heard Bunty's voice and was taken aback by how well he sang. After the song ended, Suman announced, "Please give a round of applause for our devotional singer, Bunty Mishra". 

Everybody claps. Suman says, "Now, it is Shravan's turn." Everybody claps harder as if they are annoyed with Shravan. Shravan gives a fake grin, thinking, "Sumo, you are going to pay a heavy price." Then he touches his heart and sings the Sankat Mochan chalisa. When he is finished, he sees that everyone is appalled. Shravan looks amused and then he looks at Suman who is also surprised. They all clap and then Kavita says, "Oh my goodness! My son is full of talent." Devraj says, "yeah at least he can sing well." Shravan smiles and goes to sit next to Suman. He asks her about her opinion and she still gazes at him.

She tells him that it was okay nothing special!

As Suman is about to distribute the offerings Shravan catches her hand and tells her that he will help her. Suman just nods and Shravan goes to collect the boxes. He and Suman start offering he tells some guests that Suman made the offerings and smirks at Suman. Suman finds something fishy and asks for a sweet from Shravan's box. She coughs after eating it! The sweet had a huge amount of salt! Unknown to her Shravan added salt only to her sweet. Suman glares at Shravan and is worried about her salty sweets.