Old Ekta Kapoor serial discussion

Blood_Sacrifice thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

So with nothing better to do in this isolation period, I got a hotstar account and started watching old KSBKBT episodes, lol. I used to have an IF account long ago, but don't remember my ID password, so thought of making an account to discuss it here. I do read Bollywood forum posts and know a lot of you ppl watched her shows back in the day.

What was your favorite Ekta Kapoor serial of that era (2000-2010)? (You can also name recent serials)

What was your favorite Ekta Kapoor jodi?

Do you think her serials were regressive? Do you like or dislike the change she brought on TV?

Now some specific question of her magnum opus Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi.

Did you watch the show? If yes for how long and when did you stop?

What was your favorite track from the serial? Most hated track?

Your favorite couple? Moment?

Who did you hate?

In the Karan-Nandini-Tanya triangle, who did you think was right or wrong?

Did you like the 3rd generation?

Also did you like the direction it took near the end? Do you think star was justified in axing the show?

Moderators: I know this is not directly related to Bollywood, but I don't think there's any forum to discuss TV shows in general (i.e. other serial forums are for that show, not anything to discuss in general). Moreover, this forum is active and I know many people who watched Ekta shows here, so please let this be.

Edited by Blood_Sacrifice - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Yeah I used to watch Kyunki. For how long I don't remember as it was a long long time ago.

I mainly watched it during the Karan-Nandini-Ansh track, as I loved KN as a couple, hated Ansh for separating them but somehow also enjoyed watching his villainy on screen.

Don't remember how everything ended. Just remember Tulsi becoming a trigger happy psycho who starts shooting off everyone.😆

I remember nothing of the third generation ðŸĪ”

Blood_Sacrifice thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

What was your favorite Ekta Kapoor serial of that era (2000-2010)? (You can also name recent serials)

KYPH was my favorite for Iq-Neha's chemistry. And then Kyunki... for the stories and characters.

What was your favorite Ekta Kapoor jodi?

Angad-Kripa put the TV on fire !!!

Do you think her serials were regressive? Do you like or dislike the change she brought on TV?

No, her serials were many things -- illogical, absurd, ridiculous, melodramatic -- but not regressive.

Did you watch the show? If yes for how long and when did you stop?

I started watching somewhere in early 2007, and got hooked immediately during the KT's rape track. Then watched a lot of the earlier episodes on hotstar and other places.

What was your favorite track from the serial? Most hated track?

Karan-Nandini-Tanya track was the most interesting. I still remember the numerous fights and wars I waged with the KN fans back in the day.

I also like the 3rd gen - KT's rape track in particular was gripping.

Your favorite couple? Moment?

Karan-Nandini-Tanya (they make a good polygamous couple, lol j/k).

Who did you hate?

Tripti. Yuck.

In the Karan-Nandini-Tanya triangle, who did you think was right or wrong?

I think Karan was the worst culprit coz he could make neither woman happy in his life.

Did you like the 3rd generation?

Yes, sad they were not allowed to blossom.

Also did you like the direction it took near the end? Do you think star was justified in axing the show?

It became utter trash so can't blame Star. Wished Ekta took care of it before it became irreversibly bad. Wish we got some closure as to where KN's son is.

juba thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

^ arey--the other day i was thinking about Kyunki and wondering who was Karan-Nandini son but couldn't recall..now i know why--uska pata hi nahi chala tha !

i liked Ganga alot..she made a good pair with Gautam but then Sahil was a nice person too. i was even a shipper for Karan-Damini but later Karan- Nandini. Teesha ki maut ka bhi kafi afsos tha mujhe.

N Mandira bedi was the best Mandira--Umar as Mihir ki toh baat hi kuch aur thi.

Kasauti mein Anurag-Prerna ka pair was such a hit..Mr. Bajaj bhi kamal tha.

My fav was Sujal-Kashish pair though. Loved RK like anything!! huge crush.

But she used to drag her shows ALOT..zabardasti k bekar scenes dekha k episode khatam karnna..aur koi sanskar vanskar nai the-sab shaadi se pehle pregnant..sab atleast 3 baar shaadi karti thi aur pehli shaadi bache k baap se bhi nahi hiti thi. 

Eik tehvar khatam nahi hoa k dosre ki puja shuru

Edited by juba - 3 years ago
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Trash destroyed an entire generation of women

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

Trash destroyed an entire generation of women

And who destroyed the men? 

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

And who destroyed the men? 

Kabir Singh 

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

😆 Oh.. But it was just a movie no? ðŸĪ”

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Not a daily soap person but I viewed one EK show in my childhood. Actually my mother did.😆

It was Kzk and I loved RR-ST/Mr Bajaj and Prerna. The two actors literally set the screen on fire with their chemistry and top notch performances. âĪïļ

Never liked that whiny and sobbing sissy and the wooden actor who played it. ðŸĪŠ

Now I view the RR-ST and solo RB scenes on hotstar/IG and I'm thankful for these platforms as they let me skip the rest of the shitfest. Childhood viewing was traumatic because you couldn't skip scenes. 😅

RR's performance as Mr Bajaj is perfection personified. âĪïļ

Edited by Wistfulness - 3 years ago
Amphitrite thumbnail

Originally posted by: Blood_Sacrifice

Moderators: I know this is not directly related to Bollywood, but I don't think there's any forum to discuss TV shows in general (i.e. other serial forums are for that show, not anything to discuss in general). Moreover, this forum is active and I know many people who watched Ekta shows here, so please let this be.

Hey its okay

This is the sole purpose of this forum

To discuss shows which don't have a dedicated forum

TV Hindi DT