Vishal Bharadwaj pens final screenplay for Irrfan Khan 💔

Posted: 3 years ago

Don't know the last time I was so emotionally moved. 😭 

Irrfan and I: Vishal Bhardwaj pens screenplay on his bond with IrrfanAnshul Chaturvedi | TNN | Updated: May 10, 2020, 09:20 IST

Click here to read the screenplay

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/photo/75649735.cms

Edited by Khai_R_Haagi - 3 years ago

Wow, what a vivid screenplay of images and thoughts going on his mind, as he remembers Irrfan Khan. So poignant! 

Really sad that this movie too could not be made.

Thank you for posting this. This really made me emotional πŸ’”

My heart physically hurt while reading this. Couldn't stop my tears at the pigeon episode.

What a wonderful man Irrfan was.

"He runs to a nearby tap, throws away the coffee from the cup and fills it with some water.He rushes back and tries to put a few drops into the dying pigeon’s beak."

"IRRFAN (CONT'D)

Ab aap isse aur dramatic mat banaiye aur ek tasveer kheenchiye meri, kabootar ke saath.. Ek udd gaya aur ek ka uddna baaqi hai.. (Now, don’t make it more dramatic than it is and click a photo of me and the pigeon.. One has flown away and one is yet to fly..) "

Damn.

This was so heartwrenchingly personal and poignant. 

That moment where he says 'You are weird, Irrfan Sahab' and Irrfan replies with a chuckle 'Am I?' I can imagine it so vividly. Bright eyes with a grin plastered over his face. It's so quintessentially Irrfan.

Irrfan's mind compartmentalized his struggle with cancer as a different genres of movies and that is telling of his love for his craft and the passion he shared for movies. My heart went all numb when he complained about the pain. 

I've been trying to come to terms with the fact that how a person's whole life could be a struggle nomatter how much they try, so much so that even in their last moments they are not exempt from it. Irrfan struggled so much in life to get to where he is in life and must have had so many aspirations and dreams for himself. All this to secure a better life only to again struggle in the end. It's so unfair... He had so much more to receive. 

I had chills when he said 'lagta hain badan ke upar se saikdon badan utar gaye, rooh par kitne bhoj lekar ghumte hain hum log'... This will stay with me. Its such a heavy but introspective thought. 

Seems like each conversation with Irrfan is laced with poetic intent. Maybe the man was poetry in motion. Or maybe that's how it is when you remember someone closest to you. You hold onto every word like it's magic.

This was just... wonderful. Irrfan was the loveliest soul and nobody, not one person has a single unpleasant thing to say about him. He has impacted every single person he's ever interacted with blinding light, not just as an actor but a human being which is a million times harder. And that's rare.l  But that was just Irrfan I guess... rare.

So true, Irrfan was a rare gem. Someone who inspires many people around him and even who weren't with him. His every interview will make you realize how much well read he was. He was philosophical. He says that if you start seeing your life as exploration instead of struggle, you will enjoy it more. He had his own journey  ,like we all have, we don't have to copy others like he didn't. Make your own place in your own way like he did, no fame, no stardom, stopped him from doing his work with the same passion,  he was unconventional, a rare star. His positivity might have given the same strength to his family to cope with the loss. 

I also loved how Frieda Pinto wrote about him in vogue. What a tribute β™₯

Speechless! My eyes hav welled up n there’s a lump in my throat. Thank you to Vishal sir for sharing such deeply personal experiences. 

Phir Se Rula Diya .... 

You should make a short film upon this script.

I was super excited for that irfan-deepika movie with Vishal, film got delayed because of irfan’s sickness but if he had time to shoot English medium he could’ve done this film but then again vishal’s movie take forever to make that’s probably it was delayed. Rest In Peace irfan