Priyanka Chopra FC 16- A voice for a cause

Posted: 3 years ago

rules:

only i will open the next fc(s) pm me if an fc finishes, if i dont reply soon then pm the ppl in red(in the member list) ONLY  

no bashing of members or priyanka

post here or like 3rd post if u wanna join

if you like a post or just want to say thnx 4 posting  press the like button on this post

do not go off topic or post too many one liners

FC links:

#1https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1119772

#2https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1249767

#3https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1264272

#4 https://www.india-forums.com/edit_post_form.asp?PID=32874960

#5 https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1672331

#6 https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1678805

#7https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1678805

#8https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1685993

#9 https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1693699  

Short Biography

Priyanka was born on July 18, 1982, in the Chopra family consisting of her dad, Dr. Ashok and mom, Dr. Madhu (nee Akhauri), and has one younger brother. Her dad is Punjabi-speaking, while her mom is from Bihar. As a child, she suffered from Asthma and was very close to her dad. Her family affectionately called her Mimi. She started her education at La Martinire Girls College in Lucknow as a resident student; a short stay at Maria Goretti College in Bareilly prepared her for further studies in the USA. Having completed tenth grade in Boston, Massachusetts, USA, she decided to become a software Engineer or a Criminal Psychologist.

She enjoys Indian music and dance; flair for writing poetry and short stories; reading, especially biographies; and has worked for a lot of social-welfare programs. She aims for the stars after completing her education. She is a movie buff and would love to join the galaxy if a good offer comes.

While she was born in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, she also spent her childhood in Rae Barreilly, in Uttar Pradesh as well as in Lucknow, where she was enrolled in the La Martiniere Girls' School. These frequent re-locations took place as Ashok was a doctor in the Indian Army. She subsequently re-located to the U.S. where she studied in Newton's Newton North High School and then in Cedar Rapid's John F. Kennedy High School in Massachusetts and Iowa respectively.

In 2000 she returned to India and enrolled in Jai Hind College and Basant Singh Institute of Science in Churchgate, Bombay, but had to leave abruptly as she was crowned Miss India. She was subsequently crowned Miss World in the same year - a year which proved to be a year for Indian Beauty Queens - as Lara Dutta and Dia Mirza were also crowned Miss Universe and Miss Asia Pacific respectively. Ironically, beauty pageants are banned in India's conservative state, Uttar Pradesh.

After completing her responsibilities as a Beauty Queen, she first appeared on the tinsel screen in India in a Tamil movie 'Thamizhan'.

After winning the Miss World title, Chopra became an actress. She made her debut in the 2002 Tamil film Thamizhan alongside Vijay, in which she also sung playback, before moving on to Bollywood. In 2003, her first Bollywood film, The Hero: Love Story of a Spy released and won her good reviews.Despite being given a below average status, the film went on to become one of the highest grossing films of that year.

Her next film, Andaaz opposite Akshay Kumar was a success, earning her a Filmfare Best Female Debut Award and a nomination for Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award.

Her next few films performed poorly at the box office.

In 2004, her film Mujhse Shaadi Karogi was released, and became the third highest grossing film of that year.

Her next release, Aitraaz, was a Hindi remake of the Demi Moore vehicle Disclosure. It was her first "negative" role, where she played the villain. Her performance won critical acclaim and earned a Filmfare Best Villain Award. She also received a second nomination for Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award. In the same year, she participated in a world tour titled Temptations 2004 with several of Bollywood's leading stars, including Shahrukh Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji, Preity Zinta and Arjun Rampal.

In 2005, several of her films were released, though most did not do well at the box office.

In 2006, Chopra starred in two of the most successful films of the year - Krrish and Don - The Chase Begins Again.

Nikhil Advani's ensemble piece, Salaam-e-Ishq: A Tribute To Love was Chopra's first release in 2007. The movie failed to do well at the box office. Chopra's next release, Big Brother also underperformed. Her other releases in 2008 included Love Story 2050, God Tussi Great Ho, Chamku and Drona, all of which were considered flops. However, her most recent releases, Fashion and Dostana, have succeeded at the box office, and her performance in the former garnered her critical acclaim, winning her the Filmfare Best Actress Award as well as numerous other awards.

Her recent film 'Kaminey'' also with Shahid Kapoor in which she plays Sweety a Marathi girl was a big hit and her performanced was critically acclaimed.

Later this year she is going to appear in Ashutosh Gowariker's What's Your Raashee? and Jugal Hansraj's Pyaar Impossible. She has also signed Sanjay Gupta's Chamki Chameli

Mini Filmography

It all started with winning the title of Miss India World and later winning the coveted Miss World 2000 title. She was the fifth Indian woman to win the Miss World crown and the fourth Indian woman to win it in a span of seven years. Priyanka made her acting debut with the Tamil film Thamizhan and the following year she made her Bollywood debut with Anil Sharma's The Hero: Love Story of a Spy. Her first commercial success was Andaaz for which she won a Filmfare Best Female Debut Award. She was the second actress to win the Filmfare Best Villain Award for her critically acclaimed performance in Abbas-Mustan's Aitraaz. Priyanka later went on to deliver commercial success with films like Mujhse Shaadi Karogi, Krrish, Dostana, Fashion, Kaminey etc. In 2008, she won the Filmfare Best Actress Award for her performance in Fashion.  

Winner of the Miss India and Miss World beauty pageants in 2000.

Father Capt. Dr. Ashok Chopra, mother Dr. Madhu Chopra.

Achievements: she is the only Indian in the USA to have been selected at the state level for the National Opus Honor Choir, extensive charity work back in India and the USA, and joined the CAF and CII in their literacy program and is their ambassador. Member of the support group for the Thalassemic children in U.P., India, participated in the adult education awareness program with the non-governmental organizations in the peripheral areas of Bareilly, joined the Indian Government-sponsored Polio Eradication Program as a volunteer. Raised funds for the destitute in Boston, Massachusetts, USA, by participating in a church program.

While shooting the song "Do Me A Favor, Let's Play Holi" in the movie Waqt: The Race Against Time (2005), she stepped on a live wire and received a shock. She was hospitalized for a day.

Did her schooling from La Martinire in Lucknow. She completed tenth grade in Boston and wanted to become a software engineer or a criminal psychologist.

Her father Ashok Chopra, who also manages her career, was diagnosed with a tumor in his liver. He had to undergo a complicated emergency surgery.

Has a younger brother.

Turned down the lead in Umrao Jaan (2006) to work in Bluffmaster (2005).

Listed as number 2 of 'Top Bollywood Actresses' of 2006. (rediff.com, 8-25-2006)

Turned down a part in London Dreams (2009) because she could not provide the shooting dates as she was busy with other films.

Listed #1 by UK magazine Eastern Eye one of "Asia's Sexiest Women" (Sept/2006).

Appeared on the cover of the premiere issue of Maxim magazine, Indian version, released in 2006.

She has won awards for 3 of her films andaaz, aitraaz and fashion, and is currently known as 'the best actress in bollywood.'

Love life

Rumors are she is having an affair with Shahid Kapur which isn't confirmed...

Personal Quotes

"I fail to understand why people would think I got a raw deal out of Krrish (2006), considering I was present all through the film, from the beginning till the end. And I don't know where people get off really. 'Krissh' has done a business of Rupees 150 crores. It's popular and is almost giving 'Superman' a run for its money, so what more convincing is required to get the point across? I'm very happy with the response I got fro the film. I'm happy with my role. I've learnt that you can't always please everyone in any case. And 'Krissh' is my moment of success; I will not allow anyone to take that away from me." (Stardust magazine, September 2006)

Once I knew I wasn't going to be doing Umrao Jaan2006), I completely disconnected from the film. And I cannot compare myself to Aishwarya Rai.

When I became Miss World, I couldn't believe I had won it. I used to sleep with my crown because I was scared someone would steal it. In a minute the world changed for me. (July 2007)

I'm lucky. I don't know whether I'm deserving or not. All I know is that I work damn hard for everything. And God helps those who help themselves. Every day is like an exam. I believe destiny and hard work go hand in hand. I was studying to be an engineer when my mom and my brother sent my pictures for the Miss India contest. I didn't even know about it. If that isn't destiny, what is? (July 2007)

Most outsiders look at the film world as something glamorous. But no one sees the hard work that goes into it. I haven't taken a holiday in the last four years. I'm working 25 hours a day. There's no time to sleep or to eat. (July 2007)

When asked what sets her apart from other actresses: "I don't come from a film background. I haven't learned anything about films or film-making. But I have a thirst to know everything about my profession. I want to learn about cinematography, about editing, about music recordings, about post-production. So when people in the know talk, I willingly listen. Also, I'm not scared of working 20 hours a day."

I got into the movies by accident. When I got an offer, I thought let's try this too. Everything in my life has happened by trial and error. I didn't even think I would win the Miss India title so where's the question of thinking I'd come this far. (July 2007)

I thoroughly believe in the institution of marriage, but there's still a long way to go before I get married. Right now I want to concentrate on my career.

I adore watching movies; movie marathons are my favorite pastime. I can watch up to five movies back to back. I also love music and like reading whenever I get the time

Members list

plz like this post to be added(dont pm or post  'add me' here), be patient for us to update the list thank you

creator of first fc

priya

core members

(who also open the FC and keep this place orderly .. to be edited) 

members:

Kashish
Bubbly_Shelly
-Mannu-
xChandnix
*Eva*

noreen - nowee10

*Aman_I*

-tanya-

simi - musicdiva

sadia - sadia_1990

iram -Cute_Angel

sara_ea

Anita*

x-zarqa-x

Zareena

sania-angelonsky

diamond-girl

kiran-sharad_divyanka

samra-KaSh-Rox

aisha-Terenaina

tashu_id

amruta-

krishna-snowflake0555

zaara.khan

rajorakajal

jessica18

-tanya-

hilary_jonas

shivzi

yamini-KasuAlways

aish_punk

-Neelam-

--LoveSD--

SwatiAgarwal

hazel94

MAYURfanatic

XoXKashishXoX

AfghanPrideBaby

hira- friends_rock

kumarshayal

radhika_21

Ipshitaa

SaNyA_21

ShaFiLicious

preity*zinta

shahidlicious

--Rachna-- 

-Aish129-

PrachiluvsKSG

RoKafan4eva

NaDzGirl

Zeisha143_MBG

*kitty*

aishx

-Farzana-

PC-forever

RoKafan4eva

-Rummy-

KatForeva

ZoobiDoobi

karansprincess
lovePC
Sallufanno1
-Untamed-
.Yamini.
angellicangel
ruky786
desigirl2
Riasa
mariasrk
ShreyaGoshal
*~Anjali~*
zaara25
Fari.Kashian 
Arushi.J
luv_cid_shreya
theshy1977
lena07
RoKafan4eva
Cute_sweet
halifax007
glyn_dva
_Salma_
PCRocks
Da_Bagarbilla
achoose
Kash-forever
zaryaabJuhi1b8
aishix
siddhi209
Harp_95
Preeths609 
shradha14 
aish_punk
Komal.SweetArTi
music2love
-radhi-
nits_21
anishalakhani78
-Sameena-
PrincessBushi
ParaDiseMb
myLuvShahid-ji
HiphopStahKiran
Misslffiy
Jessi
kashrocks
-Zeenat-
  -Ridzzi-
mehak78
kaafiristani
Srishika_A
Prachid

HinaMahekian

byritesh

~*ClapClapClapPriyanka's awardsClapClapClap*~

*Femina Miss India World
*Miss World 

Rajiv Gandhi Award- Ms. World

--------------------------------

Film Career-

*Filmfare Award- Best Female Debut
*Stardust Best Supporting Actress Award- The Hero: Love Story of a Spy 
*Bengal Film Journalists' Association Awards, Best Actress- Aitraaz 

*Star Screen Award Best Villain- Aitraaz 
*Filmfare Award Best Actress in a Negative Role- Aitraaz
*Stardust Superstar of Tomorrow - Female- Mujhse Shaadi Karogi 

*GIFA Awards- Style Diva of the Year
*Sexiest Asian of the Year 
*First Bollywood Celebrity at the Global Leadership 
Forum in Malaysia

*GIFA Awards- Windows Live Search & Movie Talkies Most Searched Actress
*Best Leading Lady Award from the Northern India Film Journalist Association
*Star's Sabsey Favorite Kaun Awards- Sabsey Tez Sitara
*POGO Awards Most Amazing Actress- Krrish 
*IIFA Awards Best On-Screen Beauty- Krrish 
*Kelvinator's Gr8 Women Awards- Contribution to Indian Cinema 
*Koffee With Karan Awards- The Most Glamorous Female 
*Lions Gold Award- Krrish 

*Reebok Zoom Glam Awards- Most Glam Actress 
*Zee Astitva Awards- Contribution to Indian Cinema 
*Was chosen to be the Goddess of Atlantis in Dubai
*Was the only Bollywood actor invited to the Middle East
International Film Festival
*The only Indian to be in an international comic book ((announced))
*Chosen as the Most Sexiest Female by DNA

*Star Screen Award Best Actress- Fashion 
*Filmfare Award Best Actress- Fashion
*Stardust Star of the Year Award - Female- Fashion, Dostana 
*Lions Club Gold Best Actress Award- Fashion
*Bollywood Hungama's Surfer's Choice Award- Best Actress for Fashion
*CineBlitz Magazine's Best Actress- Fashion
*NDTV Profit Car & Bike Awards- Best Brand Ambassador of the Year
*IIFA-FICCI Frames Awards- One of the Most Powerful Entertainers of the Decade
*Asian Film Awards- Nielsen Box Office Award Outstanding Contribution to Asian Cinema (by The Hollywood Reporter) 
*The only Indian to have a custom made shoe by Salvatore Ferragamo Co. (in Italy)
*IIFA Best Actress
*First Bollywood individual to have received the Jin Jue award at the
Shanghai International Film Festival
*Planet Bollywood's BA link--> 51% link
*1st Annual Trident Awards- Best Actress for Fashion
*Chosen to be the Brand Ambassador of NDTV's Greenathon Campaign II
*Voted as Videocon India Youth Icon[Entertainment]
*Chosen as the Best Actress for Fashion by The Telegraph readers--> 65% link 
*9th Annual Teacher's Achievement Award in the Entertainment category
*Cosmopolitan Fun & Fearless Awards 2009 - Best Actor [Female]
*Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards - Best Actress for Fashion 
*Lux Sabsey Fav Kaun 2010 - Sabsey Fav Heroine
*Lux Sabsey Fav Kaun 2010 - Sabsey Khubsoorat Ada
*Lux Sabsey Fav Kaun 2010 - Sabsey Fav Jodi [w/ Shahid Kapoor]

*Hiflyers Awards 2009 - Best Indian Actress of the year
*Hiflyers Awards 2009 - Best Indian Twitter Celebrity
*5th Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards - Best Actress for Kaminey
*56th National Film Awards - Best Actress [Fashion]
*Bollywood Hungama Surfers Choice Movie Awards 2009 - Best Actress for Kaminey
*NDTV Indian of The Year - Entertainment [Female]
*The 'Oomphlicious Tweet' Award - Awarded by DNA India
*Tops Sex Appeal poll conducted by DNA India
*No 1 Bollywood actress poll conducted by Zoom Tv (via Facebook & Twitter)
*DNA India's Top 50 - The Influentials - #30
*'The Most Impactful Debut on TV 2010' at 10th Indian Telly Awards
*Ranked #2 - Power Celebs of 2010 by YAHOO! India
*Ranked #5 - Google's most searched Bollywood celebrities list
*Big Star Entertainment Awards - New Talent of the Decade [Female]

*17th Lions Gold Awards - Favorite Popular Actor - Female - Film

*Dadasaheb Phalke Award - "Memorable Performance" for 7 Khoon Maaf

~*Priyanka's films*~

Barfee (2012) (To Go On Floor) 

Don 2 (December 23, 2011) (Under Production) ... Roma 

7 Khoon Maaf (February 18, 2011) (Released) ... Susanna Anna-Marie Johannes 

Alibaba Aur 41 Chor (2011) (Under Production) ... Voice Over Of Marjinah 

Don'T Worry (2011) (Completed) 

Chamki Chameli (2011) (Under Production) 

Kismat Talkies (2011) (Under Production) ... Special Appearance 

Akadd (2011) (To Go On Floor) 

Agneepath (Sequel) (2011) (Under Production) 

Kunal Kohli'S Next Shahid-Priyanka Starrer (2011) (Announced) 

Anjaana Anjaani (October 1, 2010) (Released) ... Kiara 

Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai (April 9, 2010) (Released) ... Guest Appearance 

Pyaar Impossible (January 8, 2010) (Released) ... Alisha Merchant 

What'S Your Raashee? (September 25, 2009) (Released) 

Kaminey (August 14, 2009) (Released) ... Sweety 

Billu (February 13, 2009) (Released) ... Special Appearance 

Dostana (November 14, 2008) (Released) ... Neha 

Fashion (October 29, 2008) (Released) ... Meghna Mathur 

Drona (October 2, 2008) (Released) ... Sonia 

Chamku (August 29, 2008) (Released) ... Shubhi 

God Tussi Great Ho (August 15, 2008) (Released) ... Alia Kapoor 

Love Story 2050 (July 4, 2008) (Released) ... Sana/Zeisha 

My Name Is Anthony Gonsalves (January 11, 2008) (Released) ... As Herself 

Om Shanti Om (November 9, 2007) (Released) ... Herself (Special Appearance) 

Big Brother (April 13, 2007) (Released) 

Salaam-E-Ishq (January 26, 2007) (Released) ... Kkamini 

Don - The Chase Begins Again (October 20, 2006) (Released) ... Roma 

Aap Ki Khatir (August 25, 2006) (Released) ... Anu 

Krrish (June 23, 2006) (Released) ... Priya 

36 China Town (May 5, 2006) (Released) ... Special Appearance 

Taxi Number 9211 (February 24, 2006) (Released) ... Special Appearance 

Bluffmaster (December 16, 2005) (Released) ... Simmi Ahuja 

Barsaat (August 19, 2005) (Released) ... Kajal 

Yakeen (June 1, 2005) (Released) ... Simar 

Waqt - Race Against Time (April 22, 2005) (Released) ... Pooja 

Karam (March 12, 2005) (Released) ... Shalini (John'S Wife) 

Blackmail (January 28, 2005) (Released) ... Mrs. Rathod 

Aitraaz (November 12, 2004) (Released) ... Mrs. Sonia Roy 

Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (July 30, 2004) (Released) ... Rani 

Asambhav (July 23, 2004) (Released) ... Alisha 

Kismat (February 20, 2004) (Released) ... Sapna 

Plan (January 9, 2004) (Released) ... Plan 

Miss India (September 19, 2003) (Released) ... Miss India/Miss World 2000 (Archive Footage) 

Andaaz (May 23, 2003) (Released) ... Jiya 

The Hero (April 11, 2003) (Released) ... Shaheen Zakaria 

Priyanka's Creations part 1

Feel free to use

~*Priyanka's Creations part 2*~

Feel free to useBig smile