Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Nice chapter.... 

Have been waitng for this for long... 

Continue soon

devildiva21 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I have always loved your stories, the unexpected twists, the mystery and everything else...

Continue soon

sursri thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Happy.. happy.. happy to read season 2 chapter 1.. looking forward for the story to unfold and upcoming exciting chapters... update soon and stay safe 😁

Anchal91 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Nice one... Eagerly waiting for d update... prologue is interesting..keep it up😄👍😍❤️

Endless_sky thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

Interesting start. Some wounds are never seen but leave behind a deep scar hope both Arjun and riya can move forward. Looking forward to read more 

abjeya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Chapter 2

Next morning,

Arjun and the team come into the conference room seeing that the Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner and the Director of the Anti Terrorist Force were already seated. Giving their greetings, they sat down. Sameer was still not seen by any of the team members since morning. The Commissioner asked “Where is Sameer?”. Arjun replies “Sir,he had gone out for some work. He will come soon.” Hearing the door open,Everyone turns to see Sameer, Shree and Riya on a wheelchair. Riya looks confident but Arjun could see she moving her hands straightening her shirt and pants. Coming into the room, Rathore, Riya and Shree voiced their greetings. After acknowledgement, Rathore wheels Riya up to the Powerpoint Machine and said “Sir, this case was started by Riya Mukherjee so the initial findings of what led to this situation will first be explained by Riya.” Everyone acknowledges this.

Riya taking a deep breath started“Sir this case for me first started as a missing person case. A friend of mine had referred her colleague to me who stated that her sister has been missing for the past 1 month. However, there was no evidence supporting the fact that there was unwillingness involved. Even then as a favour I started investigating with the initial assumption that this may end up in her location or in a homicide case. However when I was investigating her marriage which was given as the reason for her missing not being reported, I found that there was a few inconsistencies in the groom’s background. The groom had reported being an employee of an international company stationed in India. However when I investigated this company, I found that there were no branches reported by this company in that area. That’s where I started suspecting that it was a Fraud case which resulted in murder. Groom’s phone records showed his cell presence being in an area a couple of times. That area turned out to be a forest area and here my suspicion of being a homicide case became stronger. However,reports of neighbours showed no signs of force, no marital discontent and no other family concerns seeing during the time the sister and her husband were seen. They were staying in that locality for the 6 months. Including the marriage, the sister and the groom were known to be married only for 8 months.And during the time, the colleague who was the initial informant, had stated that in her conversation with her sister, there were moments of blankness seen in the sister’s memory. She could not remember certain things like what happened at dinner the night before. That’s where suspicion of use of drugs also came in but no evidence to support it.  I contacted the real estate agent in that area with the excuse of purchasing it. There were no contenders and the real estate agent was willing to show me. Initial advance gave the property to be booked for one month and I started searching the forest area behind the property to see if there were signs of a body being buried.”

Commissioner then asked “How did this connect to the Anjali Raizada case?”. Riya looks at Rathore from the corner of her eyes and Rathore slightly nods his head. Riya said “I know the Raizadas through my modelling. The Raizadas had invited me for the family event and I had used that as an excuse to go and investigate this case further.”Deputy Commissioner asked “Why did you not inform your superiors when you were initially involved in this case?”. Rathore replies “Inspector Riya had come to me regarding this case however, since there was no solid proof present so we could not investigate this case at an official level. We had assumed that it was a simple Fraud which resulted in homicide so, I gave Riya the permission to continue with this case at an unofficial level and to keep me informed. She had informed me about the property and her search and it was our hope that we can open an official case once we found the body.”

The Director replies “So did you leave any evidence, any clue behind Riya that showed that you were investigating this case?”. Riya replies “I had to contact the initial informant, to get more details about the case and the phone company for the phone records. But I have gone through my notes and I don’t remember anything where I had exposed this case or my investigation.” The Commissioner asked“What about interviews the neighbours, friends etc during the investigation?”.Riya replies “I posed myself as an old school friend of the sister who came to visit her. Neighbours were more willing to open up about what they observe when they hear someone close to the family. So, I was able to get a few stories from the initial informant and use that to start a conversation regarding the sister and her husband.”

The Commissioner looks at Rathore and asked him “Why do you suspect that this case is related to that case Rathore?”. Rathore said “I had gone through the case details of that case sir and there were too many similar aspects connected. One the 6-8 months of marriage. Second posing as a person who often does not initiate contact or forgets to contact. Third the moments of blankness in memory. And fourth the bodies themselves which were never found and according to our Forensic Investigators the bodies now found belong to that same time period. This led me to believe that we were dealing with that case.”

Director said “Your logic is sound Rathore but I am still not convinced. That was a case that was never made public so how could this pattern be repeated now.” Arjun finally said “That is another reason to suspect that these case match each other. That case was never made public yet we found the same components of material matching the bodies from the 90s and the bodies in these past two and a half years. Components change over time Sir so the same components, same method over the bodies which almost have 50 years difference between should be next to impossible and yet here the forensic reports state that the components, the manner of killing and the plastic are all still at a 85% match. This puts the pattern between the cases matching at an almost 60% probability Sir.” Arjun gives the file with the forensic reports to the Director. After reading through the Forensic Reports,the Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner and the Director started discussing with each other.

Commissioner wipes his hand across his face, heaving a wearied sigh. He said “We have to open the case Director. Maybe we can finally find the closure we were looking for.” Director and Deputy Commissioner look at him and look lost in thoughts. They finally nodded their heads. Commissioner looks at Rathore and the ETF team Members and said “The case is now yours now Rathore. Best of Luck.” Standing up Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner and the Director of ATF leave the room.

abjeya thumbnail

Chapter 3

Rathore looks at the team and said “Official Case files will arrive in a couple of hours. By then lets focus on Anjali Raizada’s case. Arjun, You, Shree and Riya will be staying in the Raizada Mansion. Shree tell us about the cameras you found in the house.” Shree said “The cameras were bought from an electronic shop. Shopkeeper said that a man bought the cameras. Usually, this shop offers installation service also but this person rejected that service and just told the shopkeeper to explain to him how to install the cameras. Interesting fact here is the credit card used to pay for the cameras is Anjali Raizada’s credit card. No credit card was reported stolen but just three days later the credit card was closed down by the bank at the information of Arnav Singh Raizada.” Riya said “I remember this. Arnav had found the bills from the electronic shop but Anjali had said that her credit card was missing, so maybe Arnav closed the card after he found out the card was missing.” Arjun asked “When a credit card is reported missing,usually it is reported immediately, but Anjali reports the credit card missing three days after the camera shopping. We are missing something here Rathore.”Riya said “Anjali said it was five days since the credit card was missing.”Arjun looks at Riya and suddenly realize something “Anjali credit card was not missing. She gave it to someone.” Rathore’s eyes widen and he said “You are right Rawte.”

Chotu said “But sir, why would Anjali hide the fact that she gave her credit card to someone?”. Arjun said“Maybe it is someone that Arnav does not approve of, someone he feels is not right.” Riya slaps her head and said “Of Course there is only one person Anjali trusts blindly, its Shyam.” Rathore goes back to his conversation with Arnav and Khushi and said “Riya, you suspected Shyam of Arnav’s kidnapping right?”.Riya shook her head and said “No, I had the proof of Arnav’s kidnapping.”Everyone gave a stunned expression to her.

Riya said “One of the kidnapper’s phone had Shyam’s contact details in it. One phone call was made which we assumed was the order to kill Arnav.” Arjun said “Okay, so why was the case not registered?”. Riya gave an irritated sigh and said “Arnav did not file a case because of Anjali. He felt the case would put undue stress on Anjali’s mental health thus affecting her pregnancy. And Nani insisted also not to involve the police because it is a family matter.”

Rathore said “Fantastic, and right now the consequences is seen here. Chotu, pick up Shyam for questioning now.” Ayesha said “We can’t pick up Shyam Sir.” Rathore asked “Why not?”. Ayesha explains “Shyam is a defense lawyer Rathore Sir. The contact details the criminal even had on his phone could be easily explained as him having used Shyam as a lawyer for defending his case. And we found no evidence of Shyam being anywhere near the area also when the attack on Riya took place. His cellphone location traced back to the house that he is currently living in. Video evidence from the party also shows that there was no sign of him. Even if he was there, he would have been in disguise but we have to even find evidence of him being in disguise which we did not find.”

Riya said “We can bring Shyam in for lying. He lied to Buaji, Khushi and her family when he was staying in the house as a tenant.” Arjun said “We can’t bring Shyam in for that. There were no photographs taken involving Shyam during that time period when he was staying as a tenant. No evidence in paper stating that he was a tenant at that house.Bringing Shyam in on any of Khushi’s family testimony maybe treated as bias in Shyam’s case. We need proof and solid proof that he was anywhere involved in Anjali’s Raizada case.”

Rathore thinks for something, and said “Riya you said that Shyam was involved in Arnav’s kidnapping. Right?”. Riya nods his head. Rathore then continues “When was he involved in Khushi’s life prior to Khushi’s marriage?”. Riya said “Khushi’s first engagement was with Shyam. But she broke it off when she found out he was married to Anjali.”Arjun follows Rathore’s trail of thought and said “Riya, when did Khushi first meet Shyam?”. Riya thinks for sometime and said “Lucknow. Khushi first met Shyam in Lucknow.” Ayesha said “So this means Shyam knew about Khushi even before meeting her?”. Arjun took the board and said “So Shyam is married to Anjali Raizada for 3 years. He met Khushi around 8 months back first in Lucknow then posing in Delhi as a tenant. He got engaged to Khushi without revealing about his marriage. And during that time he was able to make sure no information about his engagement, was passed down to the Raizadas. He knew Khushi and Anjali’s habits, routines, likes and dislikes and was able to mould himself properly. He was able to control the fallout of his exposure by threatening I am thinking Payal’s marriage to Akash Raizada. This much information, this much controlling can be done by one person. He knew about Khushi before even stepping in Lucknow. Khushi was the target. But for what?And this also brings us to another conclusion. Shyam is the link between our two cases. These two cases are linked because of one person only. Shyam Manohar Jha.” He looks back at the team and said “Samjhe ya Samjhau?”

abjeya thumbnail

Chapter 4

Rathore looks at the team and said “We cant proceed with the assumption of Shyam being our only suspect. We need more proof. Riya, engage with Anjali Raizada. You have sympathy on your side because of this attempt. Use it. Pry more details about Shyam from her. Arjun coordinate with Arnav and find out more about Shyam’s background.Somewhere, something went wrong. Arnav Singh Raizada is not a person who trusts someone so easily, even if the person is his sister’s husband. Shree, hack into Shyam’s phone and clone it. I want every phone call, every message, every email from that phone and I want it before this person is even informed. Ayesha and I will coordinate with Liza to get more details about the bodies from the 2 and half years period and see if any of the locations can be traced back to Shyam. If Rawte’s hypothesis is correct, then there is a bigger game afoot here. Chotu activate your informers about Riya’s attackers. Someone is going to boast about this job and when he boasts, I want us to be present and catch him red handed.”Everyone nods their heads.

Everyone gets up to leave. Riya tries to wheel the chair, when she felt someone holding the handlebars of the wheelchair. Turning back, she is surprised to see Arjun looking at her with an unknown expression. She said “Arjun Sir, you had some work?”. Arjun looks at her with a strange expression and said “Riya, we have to go together to the Raizada mansion? Have you forgotten?”. Riya mentally slaps herself for forgetting the fact that they were supposed to go together. Arjun calls to Shree and said “Wait outside, I will come in sometime.” Shree nods his head and takes Riya’s wheelchair wheeling her out of the room. Arjun looks behind to see Rathore coming towards him. Rathore said “Be careful of the cameras in the house. Shree has covered the points where the cameras are situated but we still cant be too sure of any cameras we missed.” Arjun nods his head and said “I will come outside on alternate days stating some cases we have. Riya can also come using some excuse. But better to keep her more involved in the Raizada side of the investigation. In the end she is more involved with the family that I am. She maybe able to glean more information than I could in the conversations.” Rathore nodded and handed the packet of medicines and said “Check up is after 3 days. We can meet then.”

Arjun leaves and meets Riya and Shree outside the conference room. Arjun gestures for them to follow and they follow him puzzled. Reaching the car, Arjun opens the passenger side door and adjusts the back seat making it a little behind. Arjun then goes to Riya and in the next second lifts her up. Riya in surprise catches Arjun’s collar. Arjun looks and sees the surprise in Riya’s face. He sees the puzzlement present on Riya’s face and he is not able to figure out why she is so puzzled. Making her sit in the backseat, he gets a cushion and places it under her casted leg. He indicates to Shree to sit on the passenger side and Shree hurriedly jumps to sit on the passenger seat.

Starting the car, Arjun said “Rathore has made the check up appointment 3 days later. We have 3 days to gather information which may have been left out of the investigation. Riya, any chances of the Raizada family covering something from you?.” Riya shook her head. She said “As far as I know, other than Shyam, there has been no connection of the Raizada’s family with any scandal. Yes, Arnav did have his fair share of rumoured hookups but that’s just what they were. Rumours. Nothing substantial came out of it and there was no seriousness also in any relationship between Arnav and someone else that could have ended badly. As far as I know there has been no connection between Arnav and the underworld also which made Arnav a good informant since no one would have suspected him also for being an informant.”

Arjun replies “No, something connects the Raizada family to someone. Some link which made them the target for Shyam.” Shree said “But sir, it might be just they are a rich family. What else could be the connection?”. Arjun said “Shyam could have targeted any other family if richness was the only factor. You could have targeted girls even younger than Anjali Raizada, someone from a more modern family perspective who was less likely to keep tabs on him? Why this family? Why Anjali Raizada? No we are missing something. Kuch toh choot raha hai. Kuch toh khadi hai.”

They reached the entrance of the Raizada Mansion and was surprised to find the entire mansion decorated. Riya leans forward towards Arjun and whispered “Sir, kuch special hai kya? Aaj?”.Arjun said “Mujhe toh yaad nahi hai. Shree?”. Shree also shook his head.Entering the gates, they reach the porch of the mansion. After stopping the car, Shree opens the rear door and helps Riya out as Arjun takes the wheelchair out. Placing her on the chair, he catches the handlebars and pushes her forward. The entire front entrance is decorated with flowers. In front of the front door, is a pot filled with rice and covered with coconut. Riya whispers “Arnav aur Khushi ki shaadi ho gayi?”. Arjun was going to answer when the front door opens revealing Anjali Raizada and Nani. Nani said “Arre, aap log aagaye aur bhulaya bhi nahi. Hume laga aapko todha aur samay lagega.” Riya smiles and said “Arnav aur Khushi ka grihpravesh hua nahi Naniji?”.

Anjali giggles and said“Lavanyaji ye Arnav aur Khushi ka grihpravesh ke liye nahi hai.” Riya, Arjun and Shree looks confused. Shree then asks “Phir kiske grihpravesh ke liye?”.Feeling a slap on the back of the head, Shree rubs the back of his head and turns to scolds the person but gulps seeing Buaji. Buaji slaps her forehead and said “Hai Re Nandkishore, aisa ban rahe ho jaise kuch pata hi na ho. Arre badam zara kam khate ho ka? Kiski nayi nayi shaadi hui ho zara batao toh?”. Shree is going to say Kiski, when his eyes widen and he meets the Riya’s widened gaze. Riya hurriedly said “Arre, Di, Naniji iski kya zaroorat thi? Humari shaadi toh ek mahine purani ho gayi.” Anjali makes a pouting expression while Riya gulps seeing Nani and Buaji’s pose of hands on hips. 

abjeya thumbnail

Chapter 5

Naniji said “Bitiya, aaj toh tumne humara dil dukkha diya. Hume yaad dila diya ki hum tumhare apne nahi hai.” Riya shook her head and opens her mouth to speak but Anjali said “Ha Lavanyaji, hume laga aap hume apna Di maanthi, hume apni sabse achi dost maanthi hai. Aapne aaj sabit kiya, ki aap humse zyada Khushi aur Chote ko apna dost maanti hai.”

Arjun hides a smirk seeing this emotional blackmail but makes his face expressionless as Riya hurriedly assures them that, that is not the case. Buaji said “Aur nahi toh ka, agar tum hume apna maanti toh tum hume tumhari shaadi ke baare zaroor batathi. Haina? Thike chalo yeh bhi maan liya ki shaadi me zara jaldi ho gaye lekin shaadi ke baad ke rasamo nibhane ka avsar toh dogi na?”. Seeing all of their pouting expressions, Riya reluctantly nods her head indicating her agreement. Shree clearly hiding the laughter in her voice whispers to her “Lavanya, tu toh phas gayi?”. Riya thinks “Aur kaise phas gayi? Aage kua aur piche Arjun Sir? Kua me kudhna behtar hai, Arjun Sir ka gussa se lekin yahan par toh kua khud tula hua phasane ke liye? Kya kare Riya?”.

By this time, the entire family gathers at the entrance. Arnav and Khushi were hiding at the back, but Riya could clearly see the smirk present on Arnav's face. She is 100% sure somewhere this is his idea only. When an opportunity comes, she will strangle him and khushi both.

Anjali brings the thali, behind her Shyam. Arjun observes Shyam. He clearly looks nervous, being around them.He kept on checking his phone, avoiding Arjun, Riya and Shree’s gaze. But Arjun knew hiding gaze is not enough. Evidence is required to convict, and till now no solid evidence is present in connection to any of the crimes. Arjun’s attention shift as Anjali gives the thali to Nani. He feels Riya attempting to get up. Riya pushes on her hand to push herself out of the wheelchair and is about to fall, when she feels a hand catch her around the waist. Everyone stops seeing Arjun supporting Riya. Shree has to close his mouth looking at something which resembled like tenderness on Arjun’s face. Riya’s could feel her heartbeats increase and she had to take a huge gulp of air to stop herself from choking.Feeling his arms around her, she suddenly felt like lowering her gaze. But going opposite, she looks up into his eyes and again reads that unreadable expression she is not able to place. Making sure, Riya is able to  stand without putting any pressure on her bandaged leg, Arjun breaks the gaze. Riya turns to look at Nani and the rest of the family smiling at them. Riya feels her cheeks reddening. Arjun’s gaze sharpen seeing a fair skinned man, who looks like he has come from somewhere outside India looks at Riya with a heartbroken expression. Nani, breaks his gaze putting the haldi on his and Riya’s forehead followed by Kumkum and throwing some rice on them. Nani then said “Lavanya Bitiya, you have to kick the pot before entering inside. Riya looks down at her bandaged leg. She feels a shift in holding her hand and turns to see Arjun stand behind her. Next second, surprising her, he catches her by the waist and picks up to slide his feet underneath her feet. Steadying Riya’s balance on the feet, he puts his and Riya’s right foot forward knocking the rice pot inward and making sure Riya is balanced and not going to fall over by his hand around her waist securing her to him.

Riya gulps feeling every inch of himself against her body. She is somewhere aware that the rice pot has fallen yet the major attention of her is on feeling Arjun’s body against herself. Her heartbeats feel as if it is going to go outside her chest any second. She is finding it difficult to breath and her face feels as if it is going to become a permanent shade of red. Arjun looks at her and she let out a gasp seeing something like a smile on his face. She breaks the gaze and looks forward and her face become even a greater shade of red seeing everyone smiling at her.

Nani said “Ab aap ghar ke andar aa sakte hai.” Riya attempts to get down from Arjun’s feet, but Arjun’s hand on her waist stops her. She looks at Arjun puzzled. Arjun then controlling her and his body movements, puts his and her right feet in front and the next second puts their left feet in step. And like they toddle into the house as a child on putting his feet on top of his parent’s foot learns how to walk. They toddle like this into the house, reaching the living room. Riya’s face still a permanent shade of red.

Arjun then lifts her up again,making her steady on the ground his hand still not leaving her waist. Arnav, Khushi, the Raizada family and Shree filter into the living room with Shree bringing the wheelchair. Arjun gently puts Riya on the wheelchair and he could feel Riya’s glare on him. A slight peek her cheeks still red. He brushes his hand across her forehead and hair slightly checking her temperature also.Looking up, he said “Thanks, jo aapne humara grihpravesh kar diya. Woh kya hai, mujhe shaadi k agle din hi shehar se bahar jaana tha lambe samay ke liye,isliye Lavanya ka grihpravesh thik se nahi kar paaya. Aaj apna who galti sudarne me me meri madat ki uske liye bhut bohut shukriya.”

Nani smiles and said “Nahi beta, yeh toh humara saubhagya hai ki Lavanya ke shaadi ke rasamo humara bhi todha yogdhan ho gaya. Hume isme shaamil karke tumne hume apne parivaar ka hissa bana diya hai beta.” Suddenly a voice said “Kisine kaha ki Lavanya me aisa khoon hai jise woh Raizada parivaar ka hissa banne ke layak hai?”. Riya mentally slapped herself as everyone turned to see Dadi standing there.

Dadi walks upto the crowd, Nani snaps back “Sumitra, zaban sambhalo apni? Lavanya ne jo kiya woh ek parivaar ka sadasye hi kar sakta hai.” Dadi said “Par Lavanya, ke parivaar me aisa koi nahi jo Raizada parivaar me khoon ho. Aur sadasye toh khoon se banta hai Devyani,bolne se nahi.” Before anyone could say anything, Arjun breaks away and walks towards Dadi. Riya and Shree share a frightened expression. Everyone is holding a breath. And the next second what happens makes Riya and Shree drop their jaws open.

Update will be 5 chapters next week. Hope you like these chapters. Please like and comment. Stay Safe.

Edited by abjeya - 3 years ago
ishitadalal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Arre wah eksath 4 chapters...awesome....

Let's see how ETF nabs shyam....

Arjun riya grihaprobesh was nice...their moments were short yet beautiful....

Will be waiting for more...

Do update soon plz.