Posted: 3 years ago

So after seeing an array of posts and tweets trashing the movie after it started streaming on Netflix, my curiosity got the better of me and I watched it. 

Is there anyone else who thinks that despite the fact that the plot gets complex (sometimes unnecessarily complicated) to the brink of confusing and the underlying misogyny of the characterization, there's quite a few interesting things to take away and interpret in it? 

I mean it's definitely not the best movie in the world. The flow at times gets disrupted, Kartik growing up to turn into Randeep Hooda is quite nonsensical and the screenplay is haphazard, but I feel that it was a sincere attempt to basically convey the message that one should be in touch with oneself and embrace your authentic self, your thoughts and feelings so as to avoid conflicts within you.

Also I didn't really think high of Kartik but I actually thought that he was pretty earnest as both Raghu and Veer. (I'm in love with Veer, how endearing is he ðŸ˜³). And yes, I feel Sara did kind of go overboard in some scenes. Doesn't help that her character isn't instantly likable if you don't bother to dig deeper

Thoughts?

Edited by DushtKanya - 3 years ago

I liked the film. It was a bit complex. Performances were also nice. Music could have been much better.

Sara disappointed me. She tried to be karina a bit but she can improve.

All his movies have a similar theme. this one was the worst-executed out of the lot.

What he was trying to convey got lost in the broken, unhinged treatment of the protagonists. There was simply no depth in the film. It was as superficial as it gets, despite Imtiaz Alia's lost attempts at trying to be intellectual.

Imtiaz wanted to reshoot a couple of scenes n kartik was not ready. I think if kartik n Sara had given some time to reshoot some scenes then probably the film wud have come out better 

In short, total waste of time movie. Imtiaz makes same shit and Sara looked like trans 

Useless movie with no purpose, worst Imtiaz flick after Jab Harry....

Imtiaz's plot wasnt bad but he messed up with the screenplay. So horrible it was. So boring and haphazard. Sara got rightly criticized and so was Imtiaz but I am quite surprised Kartik got away with the kind of bad acting he did...as Veer he seemed like a mental patient ...

Its going to gain a small following in the coming years. More so if the lead actors turn out to be bigger stars. 

I really like Sara and randeep hooda in this film.  and the second half Sara kartik.  the first half kartik looked too old in his clean shaven look for Raghu.  it was a very unattractive look