Vastraharan Questions

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

i have always this question in my heart even my grandpa recite MB to me i always had this in my mind and heart that yudi stake draupadi his wife in the game but yudi alone has no right on her she is not solely his wife she was also the wife of bhim arjun nakul shahdev why none open their mouths on this point that draupadi also belong to them she is also their wife they don't want to stake their wife in the game 

i know this incident leads to kurukshetra battle but before that didn't once it arise in their heart that draupadi belongs to them and they have their respective rights on her just as she has with all of them as their ardhagini why didn't screw up yudi mind 

I don't really take the dwarpa yug idolism of elder brother is equal to father and you have to obey all orders even if that has to stake your wife in a game whatever yug we are in no dharm rule book is written that says dharam is important and for that you can stake your wife in every yug women is respected and treated as goddess and saving their honour and self-respect is highest honour and its dharam

saving a wife honour and self-respect is dharam...dharam of a husband

when elders is wrong we being the youngest knowing the rights and wrongs needs to correct the elders that what they are doing is wrong and the consequences they face is going to be dangerous none of the pandavas bros telling yudi he is wrong and they are silent

i agree duryodhan and gang cover yudi with dharam rule book,he use the dharam rule book to do his adharam as he knows yudi weakness but bhim arjun nakul shahdev knows its wrong and draupadi belongs to them as their wife and they have right to refuse the dice game betting on her being her husbands

which made me felt this entire incident neither they know the responsibilities and oaths as husbands nor they know the real dharam which draupadi herself raise up those questions to them

well its just my thoughts everyone is free to write up yoyr thoughts would love to read

this entire incident educate us that when its abt rights and wrongs there is no relationships coming in b/w one knowing the rights and wrongs needs to educate the person that whatever he is doing is wrong and it can lead to dangerous path even if the person is the most elder to you

Edited by Mages - 3 years ago

Actually I disagree with the epithet of "Dharmaraj" Yudhisthira. 

I don't think he deserved that title at all. 

Coming to vastraharan, I think more than the concept of belonging (i.e. Draupadi belonging to all five husbands), a crime was being committed upon her and all five were silent.

Yudhisthira followed Dharma/law to the letter and not to the spirit. His four younger brothers followed the dharma of obeying the eldest & let go of their dharma to their wife & moreover to 'righteousness'. 

Treta Yug was a time wherein the concept of sticking to your oaths/dharma was elaborated.

In Dwapar Yug, everything became more complicated. There were several dharmas to fulfill (viz. for the Pandavas, Bhishma etc) at the same time. What Krishna taught was to choose the dharma which was highest/for the greater good/ was most apt at the time.

In case of Pandavas, at that moment, for Yudhisthira not staking his kingdom, brothers and wife was more apt than indulging in the Kshatriya Dharma of accepting all invitations for gambling in the dice game. Did he choose wisely? No. 

For B, A, N, S, the greater dharma was to protect their wife even when Yudhisthira was staking her. But they followed the lesser dharma at that time of obedience to eldest.

For Bhishma, I don't know why he kept quiet. His oath was that he wouldn't marry anyone and never think of taking the Hastinapur throne. Blindly following his King and Crown Prince in adharma was surely not in his oath, right? But as he grew older & his prestige grew, his adherence to his oath grew and he got stuck up on it. Here, the higher dharma was to break with the throne & King & protect a woman (forget that she was his kul vadhu) on whom injustice was being done. More than injustice, a crime was being committed. 

The learning here is from Krishna who accepted being called "Rannchor", rather than see his citizens being butchered by Jarasandh. At that point he could have also chosen his Kshatriya Dharma & chosen to fight a losing battle in which his citizens would have suffered. This is what most kings would have done i.e. Kshatriya Dharma.

But he chose the higher dharma. This is why Krishna should be regarded highly rather than 'divine' aspects.

they are so many dharam kausi dharam follow kare🤦🏻‍♀️in all these dharam the sin happen in the name of dharam being higher or lower a women self-honour and self-respect was humiliated and her being called as vesha and almost disrobe her was just another level of a sin that too in the name of dharam

in that court dharm ke naam pe adharam...gosh draupadi raised some awesome dharam questions infront of all dharam gyanis bhism drone her 5 pandavas and they all look like big time loosers infront of her questions they have no answer for her dharam questions and inhe kehtein hai dharam ki gyani🤦🏻‍♀️

i felt like burning that court it was boiling my blood seriously and those 5 husbands of hers seriously they don't deserve a wife like draupadi they failed her in that court when they were the most needed that moment the test of their respective saat pheres but all kept silent

I am proud she threw that chudamani on their faces claiming they are no more her husbands🏆

no dharam says to stake your wife and you stand there silent seeing your wife being humiliated and disrobing her,a women honour and self-respect is above all dharam

Originally posted by Eloquent

Actually I disagree with the epithet of "Dharmaraj" Yudhisthira. 

I don't think he deserved that title at all. 

Coming to vastraharan, I think more than the concept of belonging (i.e. Draupadi belonging to all five husbands), a crime was being committed upon her and all five were silent.

Yudhisthira followed Dharma/law to the letter and not to the spirit. His four younger brothers followed the dharma of obeying the eldest & let go of their dharma to their wife & moreover to 'righteousness'. 

Treta Yug was a time wherein the concept of sticking to your oaths/dharma was elaborated.

In Dwapar Yug, everything became more complicated. There were several dharmas to fulfill (viz. for the Pandavas, Bhishma etc) at the same time. What Krishna taught was to choose the dharma which was highest/for the greater good/ was most apt at the time.

In case of Pandavas, at that moment, for Yudhisthira not staking his kingdom, brothers and wife was more apt than indulging in the Kshatriya Dharma of accepting all invitations for gambling in the dice game. Did he choose wisely? No. 

For B, A, N, S, the greater dharma was to protect their wife even when Yudhisthira was staking her. But they followed the lesser dharma at that time of obedience to eldest.

For Bhishma, I don't know why he kept quiet. His oath was that he wouldn't marry anyone and never think of taking the Hastinapur throne. Blindly following his King and Crown Prince in adharma was surely not in his oath, right? But as he grew older & his prestige grew, his adherence to his oath grew and he got stuck up on it. Here, the higher dharma was to break with the throne & King & protect a woman (forget that she was his kul vadhu) on whom injustice was being done. More than injustice, a crime was being committed. 

The learning here is from Krishna who accepted being called "Rannchor", rather than see his citizens being butchered by Jarasandh. At that point he could have also chosen his Kshatriya Dharma & chosen to fight a losing battle in which his citizens would have suffered. This is what most kings would have done i.e. Kshatriya Dharma.

But he chose the higher dharma. This is why Krishna should be regarded highly rather than 'divine' aspects.

this👍🏼👏 sums everything up. the choice of what dharma to choose at what point is important