Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Same! I actually did not watch this show when it aired back in 2013/2014? and TBT I was the most skeptical when it came to casting of Draupadi.  Pooja did not fit my imagination of Draupadi in the promo scenes and I thought Rupa Ganguly did pretty well look wise and acting wise (she did have a strong bengali accent in some scenes).

However, I started watching this sometime back on Hotstar and boy was I blown away by Pooja Sharma or what! She really improved during the course of the show..(there were some slip ups here and there in the starting episodes of hers as Draupadi) but OMG I could rewatch the cheerharan sequence for the extremely powerful and effective performance by Pooja again and again.  Her dialogue delivery is amazing, but the way she emotes through eyes - fire, pain, helplessness, humiliation, resolve, anger OMG! the part of her breaking when she hears the word "Saiyyam" is just! IDK I get goosebumps every single time and get moved to tears!

Eventually I even came around to accepting Shaheer as Arjun..which again in my opinion was a miscast..but he did well too..but the breathtaking performances from this show will be Pooja, Sourabh and Praneet's.  They just were terrific in their respective roles.

Also I love the Krishna Gyaan and Sakha Sakhi bonding scenes the most - pure, precious, compassionate and so beautiful and soothing to watch! 

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

There are at least 3 actresses I have read about w/ this name, which is what makes it hard to track her

Anybody know what she's up to these days (aside from being locked down)?

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

There are at least 3 actresses I have read about w/ this name, which is what makes it hard to track her

Anybody know what she's up to these days (aside from being locked down)?

She did Mahakali. Since then, chilling it looks like. I'm wondering how she can afford not to work for months and months on end.

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I checked out the Mahakali forum, but there was nothing there.  How long did that serial even last?

Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

She did Mahakali. Since then, chilling it looks like. I'm wondering how she can afford not to work for months and months on end.

she does ad shoots..

she is an amazing talent but seems like her heart is not in that field maybe her plans are different

such an amazing she can give all those leading now a tough competition

Edited by Mages - 3 years ago
Mages thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

I checked out the Mahakali forum, but there was nothing there.  How long did that serial even last?

mahakali ended...i am not sure though when since i watch half way due to my hectic schedule

I just check it end on august 2018...

MS-meghasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Pooja sharma nailed it perfectly. The cheerharan sequence was on Eid the major high point of the show and she just hit it out of the park . Phenomenal performance by her and she really deserves a lot more recognition . One of the finest performance on Indian television 

Mages thumbnail

since MB hss rerun again with amazing trps the show deserve an award again and pooja deserves the best actress award for draupadi which was deprive from her in earlier days,she deserves the best actress award more than anyone else she was nominated for fresh fremale and best actress she was the first actress who got nominated for best actress in her first show itself

this time they need to give special award to MB team and pooja as draupadi

Armu4eva thumbnail

Completely agree.. Pooja Sharma channeled Draupadi's pain, helplessness, and courage so beautifully. Completely love her! 

aanvi98 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -FreeLancer-

Same! I actually did not watch this show when it aired back in 2013/2014? and TBT I was the most skeptical when it came to casting of Draupadi.  Pooja did not fit my imagination of Draupadi in the promo scenes and I thought Rupa Ganguly did pretty well look wise and acting wise (she did have a strong bengali accent in some scenes).

However, I started watching this sometime back on Hotstar and boy was I blown away by Pooja Sharma or what! She really improved during the course of the show..(there were some slip ups here and there in the starting episodes of hers as Draupadi) but OMG I could rewatch the cheerharan sequence for the extremely powerful and effective performance by Pooja again and again.  Her dialogue delivery is amazing, but the way she emotes through eyes - fire, pain, helplessness, humiliation, resolve, anger OMG! the part of her breaking when she hears the word "Saiyyam" is just! IDK I get goosebumps every single time and get moved to tears!

Eventually I even came around to accepting Shaheer as Arjun..which again in my opinion was a miscast..but he did well too..but the breathtaking performances from this show will be Pooja, Sourabh and Praneet's.  They just were terrific in their respective roles.

Also I love the Krishna Gyaan and Sakha Sakhi bonding scenes the most - pure, precious, compassionate and so beautiful and soothing to watch! 

Shaheer did improve along the way... his last scenes were proof of an amazing improvement.