•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

https://www.etonline.com/little-richard-dead-at-87-spike-lee-viola-davis-ringo-starr-and-more-pay-tribute-146281

Little Richard Dead at 87: Spike Lee, Viola Davis, Ringo Starr and More Pay TributeBy Liz Calvario‍ 9:40 AM PDT, May 9, 2020

Little Richard

J. Shearer/WireImage

Little Richard is mourned by family, friends and fans all over the world.

The music legend, known for hits like “Tutti Fruti" and "Good Golly Miss Molly," died on Saturday at the age of 87. While the singer had been out of the spotlight for much of his final years, he left an immense legacy behind. Celebrities, such as Spike Lee, Viola Davis, Mick Jagger and many more, couldn't help but express their condolences and heartbreak after hearing the news of his death.

"The Originator. The innovator. The musician, performer who influenced generations of artists....has left. You were AWESOME #LittleRichard!!! Your talent will reverberate forever. Well done sir. Rest well ❤," the How to Get Away With Murder star wrote on Twitter.

Viola Davis✔@violadavis

The Originator. The innovator. The musician, performer who influenced generations of artists....has left. You were AWESOME #LittleRichard!!! Your talent will reverberate forever. Well done sir. Rest well❤

10:55 AM - May 9, 2020

445 people are talking about this

Lee shared a commercial he directed in 1991 that featured Richard and Michael Jordan.

"Rest In Peace To One Of The True Creators Of Rock And Roll. This Is The Commercial I Directed With Little Richard And Michael Jordan, 1991," the filmmaker wrote.

Spike Lee✔@SpikeLeeJoint

Rest In Peace To One Of The True Creators Of Rock And Roll. This Is The Commercial I Directed With Little Richard And Michael Jordan, 1991.

11:48 AM - May 9, 2020

2,013 people are talking about this

Ringo Starr, who back in the day opened for Richard with The Beatles for multiple shows in Europe, tweeted: "God bless little Richard one of my all-time musical heroes. Peace and love to all his family."

#RingoStarr✔@ringostarrmusic

God bless little Richard one of my all-time musical heroes. Peace and love to all his family. 😎✌️🌟❤️🎵🎶💕☮️

11:57 AM - May 9, 2020

739 people are talking about this

See more tributes, below:

Mick Jagger✔@MickJagger

12:32 PM - May 9, 2020

561 people are talking about this

Cyndi Lauper✔@cyndilauper

So sad Little Richard passed away. He married my husband and I. He was really one of the truely great rock and roll singers and one of the rock and roll pioneers. He will be missed💜🙏🏻🌷

12:25 PM - May 9, 2020

111 people are talking about this

Ava DuVernay✔@ava

I served soul food brunch to Little Richard every Sunday for a year while waitressing at Aunt Kizzy’s Back Porch in LA. I was a college student. He tipped me a crisp $100 bill each week on a $75 breakfast with friends. This was 30 years ago. Helped me so much. God rest his soul. https://twitter.com/nymag/status/1259139491438235648 …

New York Magazine✔@NYMag

Little Richard, one of the most influential figures in the foundation and evolution of rock and roll, has died https://nym.ag/2zqtdzq 

12:11 PM - May 9, 2020

1,848 people are talking about this

Jeffrey Wright✔@jfreewright

Little Richard - It Ain't Whatcha Do, 1965.

Oh. James Marshall Hendrix left-handed on guitar.

Put some respeck on the creators. 'Do it well or not at all.' Periodt.

Embedded video

12:03 PM - May 9, 2020

165 people are talking about this

juicy j✔@therealjuicyj

R.I.P. Rock & Roll Legend Little Richard

10:49 AM - May 9, 2020

508 people are talking about this

edgarwright✔@edgarwright

RIP Little Richard. It’s some feat to have made music that still sounds raucous 62 years later. His sound never dated and had an energy rarely equalled. Loved him. https://youtu.be/rYr7I4gOSXk 

12:23 PM - May 9, 2020

50 people are talking about this

Loni Love✔@LoniLove

Lol #LittleRichard was a hoot to work with... and as young comic I was thrilled.. when you know the history of what this man did for music.. you try to make your mark in your craft.. rest well Richard...

11:20 AM - May 9, 2020

29 people are talking about this

Tevin Campbell✔@tevincampbelll

I met Little Richard when I was 13 or 14 at Aunt Kizzy’s in Marina Del Ray. The advice he gave me is invaluable. He was such a class act and I will never forget the time I sat at his table and he talked to me like I was his little bro. RIP Little Richard

10:38 AM - May 9, 2020

354 people are talking about this

Richard Marx✔@richardmarx

Thank you, Mr. Penniman. RIP #LittleRichard

11:56 AM - May 9, 2020

34 people are talking about this

Chuck D✔@MrChuckD

Dust To Digital is such a incredible site and curated dedication. Since we are in the era of social distancing please RT this as the ultimate tribute to The Quasar Of Rick and Roll!!! RT RT lets get a million RT on the Incredible Little Richard. My FTP lyric was a 1989 nod to him https://twitter.com/dusttodigital/status/1259133937152073728 …

Dust-to-Digital@dusttodigital

R.I.P. Little Richard, December 5, 1932 - May 9, 2020.

Embedded video

12:32 PM - May 9, 2020

126 people are talking about this

Loni Love✔@LoniLove

Lol #LittleRichard was a hoot to work with... and as young comic I was thrilled.. when you know the history of what this man did for music.. you try to make your mark in your craft.. rest well Richard...

11:20 AM - May 9, 2020

29 people are talking about this

The Pointer Sisters✔@PointerOfficial

RIP #LittleRichard a Rock'n'Roll pioneer & icon!

10:54 AM - May 9, 2020

15 people are talking about this