RoNakshi Drabble: Unspoken Gestures

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

Hellooooo Forum-wasis 🤗

Hope all of you are keeping well 😳

Due to a lot of free time during the lockdown, I decided to up my creativity skills today and do something I had never done before - pen down my imaginations! For some reason, I am never able to string together enough words to write an SS / FF🙈  So, I guess, I am better off in putting down short writings or drabbles. 

Ok! Before I bore you guys in the prologue itself 😆, just a short note on the background story of the drabble:

This is an occurrence after the episode 148 in which Sonakshi gets to know that Rani is being paid by Rohit to pretend as Pooja's birth mother. Sonakshi had a breakdown while Rohit was guilt-ridden. 

This is all about how Rohit's one gesture, though left unspoken about, fills Sonakshi's heart with love and she forgets about the unfortunate incidents of the past!

Happy reading guys!

Unspoken Gestures

Sindoor Daan ritual was playing on his laptop. Sitting in his cabin, as still as he could get, his heart was filled with overwhelming emotions. Yet, those emotions just could not reach his face. "What went wrong between us? Does she hate me now? How was I going to get this situation all right?", is all he wondered... But he was sure that it definitely wasn't the end of her love for him!

Nevertheless, masking his emotions, he returned home. In the kitchen, as usual KPK was being watched but something else caught his attention! On spotting it, he got engaged in some task with it. After half an hour of effort, he took that object in his hand and left for their room.

Rohit checked both ends of the hallway before briskly making his way to their room. Once at the doorstep, he took a quick glance to make sure no one was around, then moved in cautiously. He could hear splashes of water coming from inside the bathroom and he sighed with relief. With the stealth of a cat he put the object he had come to drop off over the coffee table at one side of their room and tiptoed out just like the way he had come in.

Minutes later, Sonakshi came out of the bathroom, busily drying her wet hair with a towel. Whenever she did this, she was always caught in the memories of Rohit looking at her, mesmerized. His addiction to her hair always brought a smile on her face. But the awful thought in her mind was these memories she cherished were not being rebuilt for the longest of times. They were together, yet she felt they got separated! She lived on past recollections and could not create those moments in the present!

I won't say that she was dead inside because she was hopeful of circumstances to get better. Coming out of her pensive state, she stopped on her tracks as soon as her eyes fell on the coffee table and the object standing on top of it.

"A lunchbox? What was it doing here in the room?" She certainly hadn't asked Vimmi to make her a tiffin as she wouldn't carry one since a long time now!

As she moved into the room, the faint whiff of Rohit's expensive, personalised cologne hit her senses and she wondered: Rohit was here? What was he doing here? Did he put this lunchbox in her room? Why would he do such a thing?

She blinked as the memories of a fight that they had last week started to make it's way through her mind. It was fairly trivial, one of the many arguments that they're used to having. This one she wouldn't even remember except for his unexpected reaction to her words.

Her recollection:

"Rohit tum please mere dimaag ka dahi karna bandh karo! Ek toh waise hi maine lunch nahi kiya aur mera sar dukh raha hai, uparse tum ab irritate kar rahe ho..."

"Lunch kyu nahi kiya?" His sudden question threw her off course.

"Woh... Today there were back-to-back shots so I forgot..."

"Forgot? How can one forget to have their lunch! You're impossible Sona! If you're that busy why don't you take some lunch from home?"

Her mouth fell open a little bit at his exaggerated response and she frowned. "I don't have time to make lunch for myself so early in the morning." She replied stiffly.

"The last time I checked, we have several house-helps and cooks for stuff like these!"

She rolled her eyes. Why was he making such a huge fuss about this? 

He got a lot more annoyed on getting no response from her!  "Nonsense! I'll tell the Vimmi to put something together for you tomorrow.", he said firmly

"Rohit iski koi zarurat nahi hai-"

He gave her a look that said 'this conversation is now over' and left the room.

As soon as she realised the purpose of that tiffin in the room, she touched the top of the box gingerly, and felt a strange ache inside her. She opened the lid and looked in.

Moong Salad was in there! 

Her heart melted quicker than ever and she even dropped a tear, but was quick enough to wipe it off. Unable to hold herself back from doing it, she went ahead and took a bite of the salad. The ends of her mouth twitched in amusement. 

"This is better than mumma's !", thinking which she giggled. 

"Dr. Surgeon ko instant noodles ke alaawa bhi kuch banaana aata hai !! "  It didn't take her even a second to figure out the cook of this! This gesture certainly made her day! Did he really think that he'd fool her this easily?

"Aaj Rohit ki class lungi mai ! ",  she smirked to herself. "Samajhta kya hai woh apne aap ko? Mai bewakoof dikhti hu kya?"

She changed into her clothes and got ready quickly. As she walked down the stairs she spotted him in the room. He was looking around absent-mindedly. He noticed her when she passed by and quickly pretended to be reading the newspaper. But his eyes were fixed on the lunchbox dangling by its strap from her hand.

"Shoot pe jaa rahi ho?"

She nodded.

"It's good that you're carrying some food today," he said gesturing to her hand. "It's better to... You know... Incase you forget to have lunch again... Atleast kuch snack jaisa le jaaya karo..."

She gave him her most innocent look. "Oh I didn't take it. Someone put it in my room a while back."

"Really? Oh yeah, yesterday I had asked Vimmi to pack something for you. So maybe it was her."

Her eyes sparkled as she studied his face. "Yeah maybe she put it in my room."

He shrugged, looking away. She tried hard to stifle a smile.

"Please tell the chef I said thank you!", she said almost giving away a smirk!

"Huh?"

"The chef. Tell that person thanks for doing this for me."

He wondered why she didn't say Vimmi directly. Letting it slide, he just nodded in reply.

"I'll leave then..."

He looked at her. "Have a good day!",  he said, making a baby face.

She bade him goodbye and left the room. Once outside, she wondered about what happened to her in there. When she was in her room, she had been planning to grill him and get the truth out of his mouth but it was as if something held back her tongue and made her deter from it. It was as if she enjoyed the unspoken exchanges between them more. 

The smile she'd been trying to suppress for so long made its way to her face. She hugged the box close to her and had a rush of emotions going through her!

~Maybe some things are just better left unsaid~

I hope you guys liked my first writing on RoNakshi! Do give me your honest reviews and how it could have been better! 

Thank you for taking out time for this piece 😳

Love,

Sakshi

Edited by Sakpika - 3 years ago

This OS on Ronakshi is really good Sakshi. 

❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Originally posted by Sree_mk

This OS on Ronakshi is really good Sakshi. 

❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Glad you liked it😳

Very well written Sakshi. You do have good writing skills and in any way it does not look like your first OS.  Please do write more on Ronakshi

Originally posted by justchillalways

Very well written Sakshi. You do have good writing skills and in any way it does not look like your first OS.  Please do write more on Ronakshi

Thanks a lot❤️ And yeah, I will write more...

P.S.:

Can someone tell me the word limits of a drabble and OS... I hope I am not interchanging these two