Deepika and Ranbir in talks for Baiju Bawra

Posted: 3 years ago

Bollywood Hungama has exclusively learnt that the celebrated director is in talks with Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone for the official remake of the 1952 film.

“Ranbir and Deepika make a pair to reckon with on screen and Bhansali wants to create magic on screen with the two actors. Talks are on, however neither of the two have signed the dotted lines yet,” revealed a source close to the development, adding further that the idea is to move away from the conventional pairing for Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone. “He will work with Ranveer again in the future, but he doesn’t want to repeat the pairing of the real life couple for the fourth consecutive time.”

“These are all early talks, which started before the lockdown, but with the entire calendar of actors going for a toss, it would be interesting to see how things shape up. Though Ranbir and Deepika will make for a formidable pair in a Bhansali film,” the source added.

https://twitter.com/bollyhungama/status/1258232488574324737?s=21

this is probably Bhansali just throwing out names again. First it was Ranveer and Alia. Now it’s Ranbir and Deepika.

Edited by jb508 - 3 years ago

Ab ye kiska PR hai..hoax 

I love their chemistry so don't mind.

But would be nice to see some new and unusual pairings.

Madhuri + Hrithik

Aishwarya + Ranveer

Kangana + Anushka

Why one of the biggest film maker always feel the need to do such PR before every film is beyond me. He invites the stars to his house and spread stories about casting them when they are spotted. First Ranveer then Deepika then Alia even Vikrant Massey, Kartik and Katrina got into the mix. Everytime he does that, there’s somehow a fanwar on social media. I don’t understand this way of doing things.

Edited by Givemyaccount - 3 years ago

Doesn't matter who is in this movie, it will be a flop. 

Ohh hoo..I am in! Any SLB movie, it will be worth my time and here we have Ranbir as sone pe suhaga!

This film actually sounds good but the female lead has no depth in her role. Its all about Tanseen & Baiju musical rivalry. Even though Meena Kumari won best actress for the film but her role was miniscule in the film. Its about Baiju's revenge for his father's death.

Wake me when real casting is announced. If SLB has an ounce of brain, he should make it with DP and Ranveer. 

Or Ranveer and Alia

Ranbir doesn’t suit the role 

Looks like Sanjay is in a hurry to move on from gangu 😆

SLB has one film with Alia and another one and another one ???