The Raizada Heir (Completed) ✔️✔️✔️ - Page 8

Posted: 3 years ago

Chapter 12 : Vile Appearances

"What do you mean he got saved?" He threw away the cup full of Soma, as he hissed, "Didn't I tell you to kill that boy at any cost?" His scaled body was shaking with fury.

"We had tried your majesty!" The eagle was shivering, "But when Goddess Crina herself descended, we couldn't do anything!" In the end, their head boss Iagle had to pay with his life.

'It all had started with a greed of power.'

The eagle thought how they had planned it, he even had disguised as Shyam to abduct Aarav.

'Now forget the dream to rule the eagle world, we are even banished by our community.'

"We were fortunate enough that Mother Goddess didn't pay attention to us", The eagle replied making the giant serpent before him more angry, "and we somehow got saved from her wrath!"

"But who would save you from my wrath!" His eyes were red, partly with the alcohol and partly with the anger.

When the eagle looked at the crawling body, his legs started moving back, "What! No..." The eagle was trapped in his clutch, "Please, I beg you King. Don't kill me. I had helped you so much....aaah!!"

He coiled his tail around the eagle's neck while he struggled to breath, "To leave you alive? I am not a fool to do so!" He smirked giving the last squeeze, and his prey took the final breath. "Vasuki doesn't leave any task undone!"

'But Iagle was really a fool to not concentrate on his real aim!'

Vasuki was gritting his teeth as he threw away the lifeless bird,

'He died but left me under this grave situation!'

._._._.

"I want my Mom, now!!" Aarav screamed, with his famous scowl inherited from his uncle, ASR.

After avenging Iagle, Payal had taken a weak Aarav in his embrace, ready to start a new life with her son, but it wasn't as easy as it seemed.

Being a human, there were many necessities, from hunger to shelter and to manage them all alone was a big challenge.

That's when Krohini had lent help to them.

'Birds aren't that bad!'

Payal had thought, after Krohini had offered a temporary accommodation to them,

'I'll soon find shelter for me and my son!'

Payal had decided, not to bother the Raven Queen any more.

After feeding Aarav, she had made him sleep. But since the time he had woken up, he was asking for Khushi.

"Aarav beta, from now your Amma is your Mom. Tell me what do you want!"

"No, you can't be Mom, you are only Amma. I want my real Mom!" He was having those big tears flowing from his eyes as he tried to wipe them hurriedly, "Where is she? Doesn't she know I miss her?"

Payal was feeling dejected hearing it. Before she could reply anything they heard Krohini entering behind it.

"Aarav baba! Good kids don't trouble their mothers!" Krohini had appeared to check on them, "Now have your medicines to get well soon!"

"Don't tell me what I have to do!" Aarav pushed Krohini as she tried to caress his hair, "and don't touch me hair!" He sulked, trying to bring them back in the latest shape like his Chachu.

"Aarav!!" Payal tried to scold him but he glared at her as he ran away from them.

"It's ok Payal! Khushi had really spoiled him." Krohini gritted her teeth, "He will be normal soon!" She assured an embarrassed Payal.

"I don't know how to thank you Queen Krohini!" Payal was cut by the Crow Queen as she smiled fakely.

"No Payal. In fact it is my guilt. If I had agreed to help Khushi earlier, your son might not have got into that problem!" Krohini repeated her blatant lie, "But Khushi showed her attitude, made me angry and...!"

Payal had bought every lie of Krohini, trusting her without any doubt while Krohini had caught her in her deadly web.

"Now take some rest Payal. I'll come later!" Krohini said sweetly as she withdrew herself.

'Just few more days Payal, soon you'll see my real face!'

She was fuming from inside on the insult by Aarav but had to endure it for one selfish reason she had.

"Messenger! Visit Nagraaj Vasuki with a loving message!" She had a cold smile as she dusted her black feathers lightly.

._._._.

"But why does Khushi think Krohini is a harm to Aarav?" Lavanya and NK were travelling in a car owing to injured leg of NK.

"Krohini is a shrewd creature Lavanya! She could never help anyone without any hidden motive." NK answered as they sped up towards Ravenland, so did a white SUV, which had been following them since they started the journey.

._._._.

Khushi had already reached the destination, changing herself into a crow. Her heart was going restless, looking for a way to reach Aarav.

'Will jiji listen to me if I tried to make her stand!!'

She was lost in her own thoughts until she saw an angry Nagraaj moving in the chambers of Krohini.

'Nagraaj? Why is he here?'

She was puzzled as she thought to follow him to know the reason of his gracious presence.

._._._.

"How dare you to blackmail me! Did you forget who am I?"

Krohini looked at his red eyes, as Vasuki threw his tail on ground, shaking the whole Ravenland.

"Cool down Nagraaj! You are not in Nagloka anymore!" She was all calm and composed. "Won't you have a seat!"

Vasuki flared his nostrils on her saccharin talk, wanting to get in business quickly.

Krohini got his message as she proposed her demands, "As you already know your one precious thing is with me!" She smirked, "if you want it back safe and sound, I want something in return!" She saw the impatient face of Vasuki, "Give me a control on snakes!"

Vasuki fumed fire, "Are you out of your mind! Why will a powerful species of serpents be under your control?"

"That's your problem Nagraaj!" She smirked, "Hand me the royal Naagmani, and I'll manage the rest!" She said shamelessly, "Can't you do such a small thing for your....love!!"

While Vasuki tightened his fist, Krohini just smiled. But unknown to both of them, Khushi was listening all of it.

'What is the precious thing that Nagraaj is getting blackmailed for?'

She was puzzled with their talks,

'Is Nagraj doing it for Aarav?' She thought, 'Or is it...' her eyes widened with realisation '... Jiji?'

._._._.

Lavanya parked the car before a rock as she and NK moved towards the mammoth stone.

Using her strong tale she slided it as the secret passage opened allowing them to enter the Ravenland.

"If your leg is hurting, wait outside NK! We'll call you if needed!" Lavanya asked him but he assured her to be fine, going in with her.

As they moved it, the car dickey opened and he came out of it. 'What is it happening?' He looked at both Lavanya and NK getting in through a silly passageway opening in a splendid palace. It looked like a bed-time fairytale which Nani used to tell him.

He gulped his anxiety, hurriedly entering the passageway before it gets closed automatically, 'I have to do it for Khushi!' He took the risk.

._._._.

'Your past is always with you!'

The tale was a century old, when Nagrani Janaki had breathed her last, orphaning the Naglok, leaving it in sorrow for weeks.

But as the doom subserviated, the need of next queen was being felt for the matriarchal realm of snakes.

Janaki had no daughter of her own but before her death, she had desired something.

"Payal and Ratna both were favourite of Nagrani Janaki!" Nagraj Vikrant, had elaborated, "We will arrange a competition, to choose a queen between you two!"

Ratna was a young Naagin that time, lively, energetic, vibrant and spirited. On the other hand Payal was more mature, intense and profound who had instantly won the heart of Prince Vasuki, the son of late Queen Janaki and King Vikrant.

The contest ended soon, declaring Ratna as the new Queen of Nagloka. "The Coronation will start with the ceremonial wedding of Rajkunwar Vasuki and the new Queen!" Vikrant had declared as per their years old tradition.

The lure of power and the honour of norms seemed more important to the Prince that time, as he ignored his affection for Payal and married Ratna. But the suppressed love only hurt, as the years passed.

It is said that 'You can't hide love!' Soon the news of silent love of Nagraaj started speaking, reaching to every corner of the Paatal-loka.

But Payal was unaware of the feelings of Vasuki. "It's all a rumour Khushi!" She had ignored it when her sister had asked.

Only if Nagrani Ratna could also do so, but the matter wasn't that trivial to ignore it. Vasuki was her destined mate, their species was known for their unadulterated love.

'I can't let my life become a joke for the world!'

Ratna had determined, which soon gave birth to enmity between her and Payal.

Irritated by the growing insecurity of Nagraani, Payal decided to leave Nagloka. "I would like to assist Sheshnaag in Vishnu Temple!" She had declared her wish, making the old temple her new abode.

Time flew away soon and the old rumours died down with time. But Vasuki was still living with the pain. The charade would have kept going on but the predestined happen, and Payal found her love in a human.

Ratna got an opportunity to take the revenge as she stripped Payal off all her powers, cooling her burning heart, "I haven't expected you to do this Payal!"

But the same couldn't be said for the Serpent King, who had become raged after knowing that Payal slept with a human.

'How could she!' He was devastated.

Even the circumstances favoured him when misunderstandings increased between Akash and Payal.

'This Arnav man is working in my aid!' Vasuki was happy but soon the bubble broke.

"According to our sources Payal is expecting a human child Nagraj!" The messenger had informed him, compelling him to step in the scene.

That's the start of a new life of Vasuki, his new face, which he had been hiding from the world, including his own mate Ratna.

'But Krohini found out about it!' He thought now sitting in a hot water spring, thinking about his encounter with her earlier that day. 'And she is blackmailing me using Payal.'

"I want a control on snakes!" She had cunningly asked, the hold of the Royal Nagmani which Vasuki possessed, knowing fully that he was trapped now.

'What if I just kill her?' But he couldn't so. It would attract unnecessary attention and if Payal would hear about it, she would hate him.

'No, I can't let it spoil this time. I have waited years for this moment!' Payal had finally disowned everything, including her sister, 'Now I have to just save her from Krohini and she will be mine!' He was obsessed now as he thought of some idea to trick the black queen.

._._._.

Arnav hid himself behind a pillar as he saw some weird creatures looking like humans but having black feathers all over body.

'What the fcck is going on here?' He was total clueless.

When he had met NK the previous night, he didn't give amy satisfactory explanation. That's when he had got suspicious and kept an eye on him.

At the end it all had become productive as he had seen the woman Lavanya, talking about Khushi. Before Arnav could probe them further he had seen them hurrying towards their car, talking about Payal and Aarav.

Not having much time he had instantly hid himself in the car dickey, which landed him here in this bizarre land, when he had followed them inside.

'Where had they both vanished!' He thought now as he tried to find any sign of them, cautioned enough to not get caught by anyone.

But his struggle seemed to be futile as someone put a hand on his shoulder from back, "Care to explain?" The person asked in a familiar voice while Arnav widened his eyes.

._._._.

Do vote⭐️ and comment friends, thanks for support, a few updates and story going to end😉

You might have guessed already who wrote the letter.😏 Will Payal and Khushi able to know about it.🤔

So it's Vasuki who loves Payal.😛 I had already put some hints in last chapters🙄

Arnav already reached there, but who had caught him.😜

Maybe next update will open all secrets or the update after that🙈

Chapter 13 : Spinned Questions

"Queen Krohini, there is some suspicious presence around Ravenland!" The assistant Corvus informed, "Some human vehicles are parked outside our entrance!"

"Human vehicles?" Krohini was pleasantly surprised, 'The game is becoming more interesting!' "Find out if any human had dared to enter in our territory!" It could be useful to make Vasuki more vulnerable.

The crow abode the Queen as he exited the chamber, missing to notice the small boy hidden behind the curtains.

'Humans? Is ASR here?' Aarav was excited, as he could go back to his Mom now.

._._._.

"Care to explain..." He widened his eyes, hearing the familiar voice "What is happening Bhai?"

Arnav turned around slowly, "Akash!!", he was perplexed finding him there.

Akash looked at his brother with an accusatory glance, "Are you hiding something, Bhai!"

"H..hiding?" Arnav stuttered before regaining his confidence, "First you tell me, how come you reached here?"

Akash sighed on his dominating brother, as he continued, "I had gone to police station!" When Akash had woken up in the middle of night, he was restless with worry for Aarav. "I should ask the Inspector", he had thought.

"Reaching there I was parking my SUV when I saw you hiding in a car!" After some time he had seen NK and Lavanya sitting in the same car. "Getting suspicious I decided to follow you and landed in this forbidden place."

"Oh!" Arnav had assumed Akash knew something about this place, but he also seemed to be as ignorant as him.

"Now answer me Bhai, what's going on!" Instead of finding his son, why his brother was doing such cheap things of hiding in dickeys and all.

"Akash, from where should I start!" Arnav was in dilemma whether to tell him everything or not when they both heard someone behind them.

._._._.

Vasuki watched as the food was being prepared for Krohini in the Corvus Kitchen.

'Sorry to say but this might be your last meal Kaakrani!' He thought as he looked at the venom in his hands.

He was earlier averse of killing her, to not make Payal suspicious. 'But there is no other option left now!' Snakes couldn't control birds through hypnosis, as their eye-sight is stronger than humans, and Krohini was really making it difficult for him to get Payal back.

'Seems like she'll have to pay with her life for her greed, just like Iagle!' Vasuki changed hi form, entering the kitchen stealthily.

Pouring the Mani full of his poisonous potion, Vasuki waited it to be taken to the Queen.

._._._.

Khushi was still looking for any clue of Payal and Aarav, while the unsolved link of Naagraaj and Krohini was also troubling her.

While passing through a corridor, a familiar scent suddenly hit her nostrils as she stopped in her tracks, 'Arnavji? How could he be here?' She pursued her nose which led her inside the chamber, only to get shocked.

"... from where should I start?" Arnav was talking to Akash, their faces on the other side.

Changing herself into a human she marched towards them.

"Akashji, Arnavji... why are you here?" She asked looking around in fear of someone finding them.

Turning to her side, Arnav was too happy to finally find her, while Akash was shocked, 'Was she also following Bhai?' He assumed, as he chose to reply the question,

"Only Bhai knows why are we here, tell her Bhai!" Akash said grumpily getting a glare from Arnav.

Ignoring his somewhat offended brother, Arnav closed the distance between him and his wife, hugging her suddenly, making her more surprised.

"Khushi, I was so worried for you!" He was getting emotional, "You suddenly disappeared from Mansion, while there is still no clue of Aarav and did that Inspector know about it?" Arnav detached from her, bombarding his questions, one after other.

Khushi was staring dumbly, while Akash who had lowered his eyes on their proximity, spoke before Khushi could, "Bhai, I am still here!" He was embarrassed with their PDAs.

Arnav again glared Akash for the comment, but Khushi was speechless how to answer her husband, and the fear of crows still shadowing them.

'I already have so many problems and these two brothers aren't going to reduce it!'

She then got the idea to hypnotise them and send them back to RM, postponing their queries for a later time.

"Both of you, Look into my eyes!" She said loudly, as she used her powers of double hypnosis, while the brethren started to get entranced,  simultaneously.

"Listen to me carefully... this place is dangerous and you have to go ou..." Her process of enchantment left incomplete as something or someone hit her waist forcefully.

"Mom!"

She looked down to find Aarav clinching her as if his life is hung on it.

After coming to know that humans are in Ravenland, Aarav had been roaming around, finding the humans.

He had almost reached the entrance, when he heard the voice of his mother, and he instantly ran to her, without wasting any time.

"Mom! You know I missed you..." his voice was meek as his throat squeezed with unshed tears.

"Aaru!" Khushi looked at the boy almost glued to her, not ready to part away. Leaving everything she turned her attention to him, "How is my baby!" She bend down taking him into her embrace, "Even Mom missed you Aaru!" Her eyes were brimmed with tears finding him so vulnerable.

"Amma told me that you will never come back!" He had folded his tiny hands around Khushi's neck as she wiped his face lovingly, kissing his cheek, "But I know she is lying!" His tone was hateful.

"You should not talk about her like this Aaru!" Khushi caressed his hair, rubbing his back, "She is your..." But she couldn't utter the word that she had hidden from the boy.

Khushi had always been aware of that moment when she would have to disclose the secret. She was preparing herself to tell Aarav the untold part of his birth, that the woman who gave birth to him was not her.

Only if she had a little more courage she would have told him the truth.

"She is your sister, right Mom!" Aarav brought her out of thoughts as he repeated what Khushi had told him weeks ago, "and I should call her Amma!" Aarav remembered, while Khushi was still in thoughts.

"Where is she now? Your Amma, where is she kept?" Khushi asked him, "And how did you find me?"

"Leave that thing Mom! Look there!" Aarav was panicked as he made Khushi aware of it, "where have Chachu and ASR gone?"

Both the bothers were missing from their place when Khushi realized it, "Oh no! Even their hypnosis was not completed yet!!"

._._._.

When Vasuki saw the lunch getting served to Krohini he didn't wait more to execute his plan.

'It is the right time!' He went towards the room where Payal was kept, only to find her affright and looking for something frantically.

"Why are you so worried Payal?" Before Payal could get suspicious on his presence, he had his explanation ready, "Naagrani Ratna had sent me here to bring you back! These birds are not reliable. Let's go!"

._._._.

Akash held the end of Arnav's shirt as they moved ahead still in trance, "Bhai this place is dangerous!" He was chanting it repeatedly, while Arnav was leading him ahead, both of them walking like zombies.

"Yes Akash and we have to go!" Arnav repeated the other part told by Khushi in her underdone process of inducement.

Their minds still shut, they reached the end of corridor as they another turn, colliding with a black feathered man, who was none other than NK,  shape-shifted as crow.

"ASR!" NK shrieked as Arnav accidentally crushed his injured leg, and didn't even bother to stop and say a sorry.

"Even Akaashji is with him!" It was Lavanya who also had changed her form to a crow, watching the brothers going ahead.

"But they are sounding different!" NK observed them moving ahead with lifeless eyes! "They seem to be hypnotised." He realized, deciding to bring them out of it by using his powers.

He was almost done with it and was about to finish when Lavanya pulled him behind a pillar.

"What..!" He asked cluelessly as she put a hand on his mouth.

"Sshh... someone is coming!" Lavanya could sense another smell and she did not want them to get caught.

._._._.

While Vasuki was persisting Payal to come with him, she was worrying for her child who isn't visible around.

"How can I come with you leaving my son behind? Aren't you getting it Naagraaj, Aarav is missing!" She emphasised, irritated by the constant insistence of Vasuki.

"Payal, Aarav is not a normal boy. He will soon find his way out, with his powers." Vasuki tried to make Payal understand, "I promise you, I'll save him!" He tried to use his sweet talks on Payal, "Have a faith in me!"

"But what if he is in some danger!" Payal couldn't trust anyone after what her sister did with her, "Let's go find him. I won't go anywhere without taking him!" She was adamant.

._._._.

"Mom, why are we going out! Don't you have to find ASR and Chachu!" Aarav was confused with the behavior of his mother.

"I have to find a lot of people Aaru, but before that I'll leave you at some protected place!" Khushi carefully exited the Ravenland taking the boy with her.

For her, his protection is more important than everything. 'I won't repeat the mistake!'

._._._.

Payal was looking for her son behind the columns and passageways but there was no clue of him, while Naagraaj was getting impatient to get away soon. 'Why is she being stubborn!'

Laced with worry, Payal tried to walk fast, failing to see the raised platform, as she stumbled and fell, only to get caught by two arms, securing her.

The surprise of seeing Nagraaj in Ravenland, soon changed into astonishment for Lavanya and NK, as they saw the romantic scene unfolding. "Oh...!" Both of them said in unison, finding Payal in arms of none other than Akash.

"Payal??" Akash was successfully out of trance as he recognized his love, fallen in her arms, making his breaths go haywire. "Is it really you?"

"A..Akash!" Old feelings started to resurface, as Payal looked the same black eyes, in which she had lost herself six years ago.

Akash was still lost in Payal, clutching her by waist, while Vasuki was fuming in anger, seeing Payal going all sentimental for this human.

'Khushi!' Arnav was also out of trance, thanks to NK. But first thing he remembered was Khushi, who was with him few moments ago. 'Where did Khushi go again?' He looked around.

But Akash was busy in his own bubble, "Bhai, did you see it's my Payal!" He was verge on getting fainted with excitement.

Even Arnav was surprised, finding Payal fit and fine, in this bizarre land,  but right now his wife was more important than anything. "Yes Akash, you found Payal, but Khushi? She isn't here"!" He asked his brother, who was too happy to find his love back, not ready to listen anything else.

"Khushi?" It was Payal who asked back Arnav, "She was here?"

Vasuki gritted his teeth in frustration, 'Only if Payal wouldn't be here, I would have killed these two brothers!'

"Payal, leave it. Don't you have to find Aarav!" He was about to hold her hand, but before that Akash pushed him back.

"Aarav??" Akash was confused as he asked no one in particular, "Is Aarav here?"

'Does Bhai know?' He looked at his brother with the curious eyes, 'Even Khushi Bhabhi might be here for the same thing!!'

Then another thing clicked him, "Payal, how do you know Khushi Bhabhi and Aarav!" Did he miss something.

Arnav gulped his nervousness. Everything was going complicated, faster than it was supposed to. 'And even Khushi isn't there to help me!'

Vasuki clenched his fist, getting enough of it, 'My all plan will get ruined if I didn't do anything!'

But he was too late to realize this, as Payal asked cautiously, "Akash, did you just refer Khushi as Bhabhi!!"

._._._.

Do vote⭐️ and comment friends😘😘😘

Ufff! I don't know why this chapter was getting so difficult to write. 😰

Maybe it's getting lengthy. But don't worry, a few chapters left.🤔

Pakka promise, 😅 in next one everyone will get to know everything.

Aarav is saved and met his Mom😃. and also the meeting of Akash and Payal😁.

Krohini is poisoned😬.
Will she bring the real face of Vasuki before everyone?😐Or will she die before it happens😒?

Edited by Pinnkiswan - 3 years ago

Chapter 14 : Decayed Traps

After keeping Aarav at a secure place, Khushi was looking around for her husband.

'Don't know where these insensate brothers are roaming!' She thought, but before she could go further, the terrible cawing startled her.

'Why are rooks making such a sound?' Usually crows were more likely to do it as a gesture of mourning. 'I'll have to see!'

._._._.

"Akash, did you just refer Khushi as Bhabhi!!" Payal asked while Akash was waiting for answers of his own question.

Before they could clear their confusions they all heard the harsh voice of ravens. 

"What is this sound?" Arnav looked around for the source while Nagraaj had his face paled.

'Seems Krohini have had her meal!' Vasuki thought, 'But I am still stuck at this place!' 

They both would have left the palace by now, only if these humans wouldn't have crossed their paths. For now he needed to go out of the place as soon as possible.

"Payal, let's.... Payal?" When Vasuki looked around, it was too late to sense. Payal was already missing and so was the two human men with her. 'Why is this Payal so stubborn?'

Cursing his fate he decided to look for her. 'This is my last opportunity to get her back!'

._._._.

After listening to the screams of Krohini, the whole palace crows had approached there, crowding the chamber, including NK and Lavanya, as they had followed Raizada brothers and Payal.

"Payal, do you know, who these people are, and why do they look so weird?" Akash asked. He had assumed them to be a part of some tribal group. 'I didn't know that such region even exists in India!' He was really amazed by the incredible diversity of his country.

"Uh Akash, actually they..." Payal didn't know how to put it before him. They were at a safe distance from the group of crows so not much visible to them, when they heard a firm order.

"Three of you come with me!" They looked behind to find NK.

"Inspector?" Akash and Arnav were pleased to find NK who had changed himself to his human form.

But Arnav was more than desperate as he held NK's collar to question him about his wife, "Where is Khushi! I know you know about it!" He was about to catch attention of the ravens but Lavanya pushed them behind.

"ASR, control your emotions!" NK had brought them to a safe distance, "Even I am here to find her!"

"But why is Khushi here, and you both?" Payal couldn't control her curiosity, "Lavanya, tell me everything!"

"Not now Payal", NK shushed her as it was a precursor of something odd, "Indeed we have to talk and clear a lot of things, but we should wait a little!" He pleaded as they heard the cawing getting reduced.

"Where is Nagraaj?" Lavanya suspected Vasuki to be the reason of reduction in those sounds but less did she know that she was wrong.

._._._.

When Khushi reached the Queen Chamber where all crows were gathered, she tried to look through the crowd.

'I'll have to go check inside. What if it is Arnavji or jiji?' She penetrated inside only to witness the most heart-wrenching scene.

There were three or four crow chicks, who had gone pale, wheezing continuously while Krohini, their mother was crying bitterly, accompanied by the other crows.

'What happened to her kids?' She looked around to find the food plate near them, 'Was there something in the food?'

She looked closely to find the eyes of baby crows had gone white. 'Venom?' She couldn't help but suspect the involvement of Vasuki. 'Oh no!' She understood the whole plan.

Meanwhile a crow recognized her "It's a Naagin!", they tried to attack Khushi.

"Kaakrani, I am not here to harm you. I am here to help!" Khushi took the risk, "Don't be a fool Queen, we have to hurry up if yyou habe to save your babies!"

Krohini who was too depressed to think anything, got some sense, "Leave her!"

._._._.

Finding the crowd go silent, Vasuki was little shocked. He had located Payal, who was watching everything from the second floor. But the presence of NK and Lavanya with her had stopped him to take her away.

'These snakes might be looking for that human boy, Aarav!' He was gritting his teeth as his plan was failed.

But soon his attention was caught by Khushi's voice as she asked Krohini to cooperate for curing her babies.

Even Arnav and Akash were content to hear Khushi's voice but she was not much visible, and NK was not letting them move from their place.

'Why is she talking to those weird people?' Arnav thought only to witness the unexpected scene, as Khushi got visible slowly, first her upper body and then shocking scene of her long scaled tail behind her, adjacent to her waist.

"What the Fuuck!" Arnav couldn't control himself but swear soundly, as his overwhelmed brain got shut soon when he saw her wife with a fang. He clutched his dizzy head, going into darkness, his mind too shocked.

"Bhai!" Akash tried to hold an unconscious Arnav.

._._._.

Khushi was examining the babies, "It's the poisonous venom of Cobra." She concluded.

Lying the black birds upright, Khushi injected her fang in their necks, one by one sucking out the poison, which had coursed through their veins.

"Khushi, will they be ok!" Krohini was still crying while Khushi had almost sucked most of the venom out.

"Krohini we need the antidote!" The poison was from the Panna Mani and the only venom that could cut its effect was the Neelam Mani. "You'll have to bring it from Nagloka!" She explained, as it was probably under controls of Queen Ratna

While there was no immediate threat to life of her babies, Krohini had to arrange for the antidote within 24 hours. But it wasn't much difficult for her species, as crows were known for their stealthiness.   

As she ordered around to bring the Neelam Mani, Khushi had come to her human form when a messenger informed that some humans were found in Ravenland.

"Arnavji and Akashji!" Khushi was finally satisfied to know this.

._._._.

Do vote guys, and comment.
Next update ahead😉😉😉

New OS updated, 'Mehandi Ki Raat'! The olive-covered one in my profile. Do read the mature and bitter-sweet Arshi story ❤️

Chapter 15 : Sorted Disclosures

Khushi was eagerly waiting for Arnav and Akash as she thought to take them back as soon as possible, but got startled to find her husband brought on a cot.

"What happened to him?" Khushi saw an unconscious Arnav accompanied by NK, Akash, Lavanya and Payal.

"He got shocked, it seems!" NK explained how he had witnessed the scene of her snake formation and what followed after, making Arnav to faint.

"Oh!" Khushi was worried as she sat beside him.

While Akash was still frightened as he pushed Payal behind him, too scared of his sister-in-law.

'Only if he knows about the truth of Payal!' Lavanya thought seeing Akash scurrying away from Khushi.

"He has diabetes, maybe glucose level has reduced!" Khushi was rubbing Arnav's hands.

"Inspector, there is the needed medication in my SUV outside..." Akash was still shaking, with what happened around, avoiding to directly talk to Khushi, "We should take Bhai away from here as soon as possible!" He suggested.

"No, he needs rest. It is safe here Akashji!" Khushi denied as she asked Lavanya to retrieve the emergency kit from the SUV.

While NK and Lavanya went to bring the medication, Khushi was busy rubbing Arnav's hands when Akash pulled Payal to a corner to have a talk.

"Payal we'll talk after going home, for now let's go out of here as Bhai gets consciousness!" Akash was telling her, when they saw Vasuki coming forward, to try his luck last time.

"She is not going with you!" He told Akash, frightening him, and tried to hold Payal's hand, "Payal, I know where is your son, come with me!" Vasuki lied to take Payal away.

Akash, who was puzzled again listening about Payal's son, couldn't see any other man taking Payal away. Gritting his teeth on this meddling man, he stopped them, his blood boiling.

"Leave her!" He pulled Payal back, holding her other hand, "Don't interfere in our matter!" He warned Vasuki before turning to Payal, "Who is this man Payal, and what crap he is talking!" Akash was really pissed.

"I am her lover, now happy!" Vasuki had lost his cool as he uttered without thinking, making Payal flinch, her two hands held by the two persons.

"Naagaraj, did you even hear yourself?" Payal freed her both hands, "Are you drunk or what? Talking rubbish!"

"I am speaking truth Payal. I really love you!" Vasuki couldn't play around the bush anymore, as he finally expressed his love.

Payal looked in horror, as the mad side of Vasuki was making her unnerved, but Akash had already moved ahead, pushing him back on the wall, holding his neck, which made Vasuki burn in anger, as he responded.

Payal yelped, seeing Akash getting thrown away by Vasuki. Coming to his snake form, Vasuki was red with fury. "You need to know your place, you petty human!" He roared as he opened his mouth to blow fire on Akash.

Payal was terrified seeing the burning flames reaching Akash but before it could touch him, they were countered by Khushi, using her powers.

Vasuki was offended to be countered by a mere snake, stopping him, "Don't forget Khushi, I am your King. Step back or else you'll regret."

"You might be a King, Naagraaj! But I am not your slave. I know to protect my family!" Khushi was shielding Akash who has got shocked, as Payal went to his side, steadying him.

"First protect yourself!" Vasuki smirked, coming to his snake form, as he tried to hit her with his long tail.

"Naagraaj, no!" Payal tried to stop him but he was blind in ego, as his tail moved forcefully, while Khushi dodged it, answering back with another blow from her side.

The clash of two snakes soon turned into a terrible fight, Vasuki fighting more ferociously and Khushi having a hard time to fight the strong body of serpent king. The attacks and counterattacks were going on, injuring both of them.

But a severe blow made Khushi fall down, making her ribs damage badly, and she could see Vasuki approaching her with a deadly glint.

As he tried to give the last strike to her weak body, his neck was clutched back by NK while Lavanya pushed Vasuki on the ground making him powerless, struggling to get free.

"You traitors, I am the King! How dare you to stop me!" Vasuki was screaming helplessly when NK and Lavanya were having a good control on him.

"A King with too many secrets, isn't it Nagraaj!" NK uttered, as they had come to their human forms, while Lavanya and Payal went to Khushi, helping her.

"Khushi!" Payal was crying seeing her sister injured so badly, while trying to save Akash, although a lot of questions roaming in her head.

"So you all planned it, to bring out my secrets, I see!" Vasuki was struggling to get free but NK's hold was very firm.

"Accept your failure Nagraaj, your game is over!" It was Krohini as she moved forward with her dark aura going more dark, "I had never expected you to stoop so low that you tried to harm my babies!"

Vasuki snickered, "You can never understand me Krohini, my love for Payal is insane and I can go to any extent for it!"

Akash was watching everything in daze as he heard Payal's frustrated voice.

"Enough Naagraj, how can you even say it. Did you forget you are married to the Queen of snakes!"

"Love is blind Payal. Tell me honestly, had you thought before falling in love with this human?" Vasuki was tormented, "No, isn't it? You even lost your powers for him. Even I can leave the kingdom for you, just say a yes Payal!"

Akash was having surprises after surprises, with half of things going above his head, as he could faint any minute just like his brother, with mind-blowing revelations.

"Shut up Vasuki. Don't compare my love with yours!" Payal stood up handing Khushi to Lavanya, "I wasn't married, neither I was cheating anyone. At least think about Ratna before singing about your disgusting love!"

"This person is selfish Payal, can do anything for his own pleasure!" Krohini commented making Vasuki snigger.

"As if you are a saint Crow Queen!" Vasuki jerked NK back as he got free, sitting up calmly, "Wasn't it you who had kept Payal as hostage, demanding Royal Mani in return!"

Payal was surprised by the revelation as she looked at Krohini who was looking ashamed, but she had got her punishment, going to loss her babies. And she won't keep her mouth shut any more.

"Yes, I used you Payal, but do you know who started it all!" Krohini looked at Vasuki, "This vile Naag! He had proposed the idea of sacrificing your son to Iagle!"

Now this news shook everyone else in room while Krohini continued, "When Khushi moved to Raizada Mansion, he found out that you were penancing but still in love with Akash", and Vasuki couldn't accept it, "He wanted to retrieve you back to him, away from memories of your son, so he provoked you to go back to Khushi." 

Krohini explained, how he was helping Iagle all the time, to have Aarav killed.

"What!" Khushi couldn't believe him of going so double-faced, while Payal went weak on her knees, sitting on floor with astonishment. "Why Vasuki? What did my baby do to you!"

"I wanted to get rid of him, the bloody symbol of this human love before Payal's own eyes!" Vasuki confessed it finally, looking at Akash who was sitting clutching his throbbing head, then moving to Payal he continued, "Remember in that river Payal, when I saved you from those alligators", Payal could remember the day when she had decided to go back to human world.

That time Vasuki had told her everything about the dangers of eagles.

"You didn't notice but I had induced you Payal, I was controlling you!"

"Controlling? That's why Jiji accused me all those things!" Payal was under his influence, Khushi could understand it now.

"Yes, I tried to keep your sister away from you. My plan to kill that baby of yours was also going good." Vasuki knew that it would devastate Payal and then he would make her fall in his love using her vulnerable state.

"Rascal!", If Khushi wouldn't have been injured she would have kick him hard as the burning fury in her was going intense listening to him.

"But Iagle got greedy and then this bloody crow queen spoiled it further!"

"This is too deeper than I thought!" NK commented keeping an eye on Vasuki.

"But how did you know about it Queen Krohini!" Lavanya asked.

"I had always known about it since beginning!" But she had never found it of much use to her, after all crow community was a good spy, knowing about everything and anything. "Vasuki was in love with Payal even before he got married to Queen Ratna."

Khushi looked at Payal, "You knew it jiji?"

Payal shook her head in a no.

"It was one sided love, which became his obsession when he came to know that Payal fell for a human and he tried to separate them." Krohini continued.

"He tried to separate?" Payal got another setback as she looked at an unabashed Vasuki sniggering.

"Very successfully Payal! Remember the letter which you assumed to be sent by Akash!", Payal could never forget the letter which had tormented her, "it was Vasuki's plan and he had used Arnav to do so!"

"Holy shit!" NK looked at Khushi who closed her eyes in remorse. "But why Arnav and not Akash!"

This time Vasuki chuckled, as he finally answered NK, "Akash, yes I had approached this human, but his love for Payal was too deep to induce him!" Vasuki looked at Akash who was listening to him with a frown. "Do you remember man! That old beggar near Vishnu temple, when you had come searching for Payal in Lucknow... it was me!" Vasuki reminded him with a lopsided smile. "Though you didn't come in my trap."

So Vasuki changed his plan and used Arnav to do his work, who was also of same belief as him. "Your brother, Arnav, he just needed a little push to separate you with your love!"

Akash couldn't imagine it.

But Payal could, "And when you came to know about my pregnancy you made Arnav to write that letter on behalf of Akash!" She sighed, "Unbelievable!"

"Yes! I wanted you to kill that bloody baby!" Vasuki unashamedly spoke, "But you being fool in love, ignored it. And then, Ratna got suspicious, so I had to stop my activities!" Vasuki remembered that time when he was assigned the duty to deal with some peacocks by Ratna. 'She wanted to keep me away from Payal!'

"Before I could get you again, your son was already born, and you had gone away giving him to your sister!"

Vasuki had tried to find her everywhere but something or other kept him occupied and when he again found her in that dark cave, she was penancing for her powers.

"I never knew you were so ill-minded Vasuki!" Khushi was disgusted by him as she flinched in pain, while Payal was having a gagging feeling.

"Our son!" They could hear the sobs of Akash, "Payal we had a son!"

Vasuki laughed on his crying form, "Oh weak man!! He is still alive!" He had stood up walking ahead to Akash, "But don't worry I'll kill him soon and send him to rest forever, but before that I'll kill you with my own hands!" He was back to his mad side.

Before anyone could understand his next move, Vasuki used his powers, throwing his deadly venom towards Akash.

Everyone looked in shock as the deadly drops got sprinkled towards Akash, the green shower going to engulf him, but before that Payal covered him completely, in order to save him from the blow.

"Jiji!"

._._._.

Finally everything got sorted, but Payal got attacked in end😒.

Will she sustain the blow.

Khushi is injured ☹️and Arnav unconscious😐.

Now this track has ended we will have some Arshi moments, isn't it.😍

Till then enjoy New Arshi OS 'Mehandi Ki Raat', if you haven't yet😘😘

Will update soon, but if you like it, VOTE and COMMENT. Like your feedbacks very much friends,

Thanks for it.😘

Take Care friends and stay healthy. Love you. ❤️

Chapter 16 : Unspoken Miseries

"Jiji!"

Khushi saw her sister jumping in mouth of death, in order to save her love.

But Payal didn't think of anything as she covered Akash with her body, enduring the blow while Khushi, NK and Lavanya tried to stop Vasuki countering him with their powers.

Getting weakened by the three snakes Vasuki had no option but to use his Royal Panna Mani but Krohini showed her presence of mind as she freezed him with the Neelam Mani which was brought to cure her kids.

Meanwhile Khushi snatched the green emerald from Vasuki, ending all his powers, as he got transformed into his snake form while NK arrested him in the small bottle containing wine, closing the lid.

"His game is over! Who might have thought that Naagraaj will meet this end."

._._._.

"Gurudev, will jiji be alright?" Khushi's broken ribs were being treated at Gurudev's ashram.

"It is difficult to tell anything now bitiya!" Shashi replied as he was preparing the special herbal paste, "Ayurvedic medicines take some time to show effect. Let's have faith in Lord!" He passed the paste to his assistant maid who applied it on Khushi's limbs.

After dealing with Vasuki, NK and Lavanya had brought everyone to Ashram of Guru Shashi at Allahabad. Payal was very critical, almost dying.

"I am sorry for my behavior Khushi! If possible please forgive me!" That were her last words to her sister before losing her senses.

In immediate need of medical treatment Payal was under attention of the Ayurvedic practitioners.

Arnav had got his consciousness back soon, while Khushi's condition was stable after two day's treatment.

"The venom of Panna is strong enough to kill any snake, which proved very lethal for a human body of Payal." It had penetrated till her bones. "I have asked Lavanya to bring the Sheshpatra from the hills of Nilgiri." Shashi explained as he was hopeful that those herbs would be the right cure.

"Please save my sister Gurudev!" Khushi pleaded as Shashi patted her head.

._._._.

"You are my Papa, not Chachu!" Aarav asked again.

After finding Aarav in Ravenland, Khushi had hidden him with Shashidhan. "Gurudev, please take care of him till I come back!" She had left him there before going back.

But when he had seen his mother in such an injured condition two days ago, he had panicked.

Even Akash was  lost with all the happenings. But Lavanya had taken matters in her hands, giving him responsibility of his son, distracting his mind.

"Yes, champ. I am your real father and Payal your real mother!" Akash repeated himself while helping him wear his clothes after a bath at river-side.

The last two days had helped Akash to come over his shocked state of mind. Although Payal was still not in senses, he had stabilised himself to take care of Aarav.

"If you are my Papa then ASR is my Chachu??" Aarav again asked his curiosity.

"Yes Aaru", Akash combed his hair, "Now finish your breakfast. I'll go check your Amma!" He tapped his cheek lovingly before leaving the small cottage room.

As he crossed the corridor, he saw his brother outside. Akash was ignoring him when he held his shoulder. "Akash...are you still upset?"

When Akash had come to know that Arnav was aware of Aarav's DNA reports, he had gone angry on his brother.

"Akash, please don't be angry on me! I am already feeling so lonely here!" NK had told Arnav everything which he should know, making him shockingly surprised. All this new information regarding Serpent world was new for him, "Even Khushi is not well. Please don't be mad at me like this!"

Akash stopped listening his brother, "I am not some saint to forgive you for what you did Bhai!" He was deeply hurt, "You were not going to tell me about my son ever, were you?"

Arnav remained silent on this while Akash had a sarcastic smile.

"How is Payal?" Arnav tried to divert the topic. "Where is her room."

"No one is permitted to see her!" Akash replied dryly, "It's just I had requested Gurudev and he permitted me!" Akash answered while Arnav just nodded.

But Akash was not a fool to not understand desperation of Arnav, who was going impatient without seeing Khushi.

"You can meet Bhabhi. I will drop you to her room!" Akash walked ahead while Arnav followed him, in his white kamees and dhoti, provided by the Ashram.

"Don't be afraid of her, she will never harm you!" Akash commented. Arnav was being hesitant  remembering the snake form of his wife.

As Arnav saw Khushi lying on the wooden table, with bandages around her midriff, he got restless. 'She is in pain!'

"Arnavji..." Khushi mumbled as she opened her eyes slowly, sensing him, "Why are you out of your restroom?"

"I am fine... Khushi!" Arnav replied as he took a sigh, "I was just passing by your room...so wanted to ask if you need anything!" He didn't know why he was lying.

But Khushi had felt, how Arnav was lacking his earlier warmth talking to her. 'Did that one truth change everything?'

"I am sorry Arnavji...about my identity. I can understand how you must be feeling now!" Khushi had sent NK to tell Arnav everything, not wanting to hide this truth from him anymore.

Arnav for once felt to just hug her, consoling her, but he controlled himself. She was still weak and needed time to heal.

"We could consult the best doctors for you and Payal. Modern medicine is very advanced Khushi!" Arnav finally spoke his heart as he sat on the bedside chair.

"Allopathy won't work on us Arnavji. Don't worry I'll be alright in few days." But she was worried for Payal.

"Hmm..." Arnav replied, as he remembered what NK had told him about snake-turned-humans, "Can you still shift to your snake shape?" It was just out of curiosity, seeing her injured form.

"Yeah...but it would be painful with all these bandages!" She answered him as he again nodded while standing up to withdraw himself. He wanted her to take rest.

"Don't try anything painful. Take care. Me and Akash are with Aarav!" He bid a goodbye, a dry one though, while Khushi had a sad smile. 'Will our relationship be normal ever again?' She was not much hopeful.

._._._.

Lavanya had come back with the desired herbs few hours ago and Guruji and his assistant practitioners were busy in making the antidote.

"Payal will be alright Khushi, don't worry!" Lavanya consoled her, who had cured enough to walk without any aid in these few days.

NK soon reached to the small platform outside Payal's cottage, where Khushi had been waiting. He had returned both Manis to Nagraani along with the bottle in which Vasuki was detained.

"What did Queen Ratna say NK?" Khushi asked him. Although he was against the idea of returning Vasuki, Khushi had insisted this. She didn't want the wrath of Serpents by degrading their King like this.

"She wasn't happy!" NK replied, remembering her angry face, "But what her husband did, wasn't pleasant either!" A cheating husband was the least that Serpent Queen wanted to endure.

"She would like to keep this a secret, isn't it?" Khushi guessed accurately. Ratna had asked them to not disclose what Naagraaj had done to acquire Payal.

"Nagraani is very ambitious. She could keep her husband in bottle forever to not get her crown maligned." NK replied.

"That means Vasuki might have to spend plenty of his life in that bottle." Lavanya made a comment.

To keep a snake in glass bottle full of Soma was an age old castigation technique. It was said that this would rid the snake off all their venoms, making it powerless. "I am sure Queen Ratna would not set him free for coming hundred years!"

"She had already spread the rumor that Nagraaj Vasuki is on recreation trip to some Southern regions!" NK informed them while they saw Akash and Arnav coming in their direction, accompanied by Aarav.

"Mom!!" Aarav jumped on Khushi as soon as he saw her. It was almost a week since they had met. Khushi's injuries were too fragile and she didn't want Aarav to see her in this condition, "How are you Mom? I could have cured you with my powers!" Aarav pouted while Khushi was fonding him, taking him in her embrace.

"I am alright now Aaru! Did you eat your breakfast?" She made him sit in her lap.

"Yeah Papa is taking good care of me!" He replied making Khushi to look in direction of Akash who was upset with Khushi for hiding the truth of his son. Though Arnav had a slight smile seeing the dramatic conversation of Aarav and Khushi.

"Forgive me Akashiji!" Khushi begged pardon while he just nodded sitting on the opposite platform.

Arnav had been visiting Khushi daily since that day, talking her some general things trying to lessen the awkwardness but they were not normal to their earlier situation.

"Mom, how is Amma?" Aarav had been growing close to Payal, Akash been talking about her, "Please get her well soon. Papa is so much worried for her!" Aarav whispered to his mother while Khushi felt a warmth for Akash.

'I'll pray Akashji that you get your love back soon!' Khushi made a wish while Akash was having the same wish for his brother.

Four lives who were so near yet so far!

._._._.

"The venom had been removed completely, but it would take some time to reduce its effect!" Shashi replied to them.

"That means I can...can I take her to our home?" Akash asked. He still wanted to try some allopathy, although he was told that it was fruitless.

"If you can take care of her and give her all medicines on time!" Shashi had understood the desperation of Akash. "Anyways she needs rest till she recovers and gets consciousness!"

Akash was very happy with the news but Khushi had lost the color from her face.

'Will I be able to go back to Raizada Mansion?' Her equation with Arnav was still not clear. 'What if he doesn't consider me as his wife!' Khushi was in dilemma. After Payal came back as the real mother of Aarav, she was not needed anymore there.

"I'll arrange for a chopper to take Payal back!" Arnav replied as he dialled to Aman.

"O wow! We are going to RM!" Aarav was equally happy, while Lavanya looked at Khushi.

"What have you decided Khushi? Are you coming back to Naaglok?" Technically it wasn't appropriate for Khushi to live with humans when they knew her secret! Lavanya suggested her friend to come with them which offended Arnav.

"What do you mean by that? How could Aarav be alone there?" Arnav spoke instantly, though not directly asking Khushi, he was angry on Lavanya, "How would Akash manage a sick Payal and a little son simultaneously?"

But Akash didn't like the argument, "I can take care of my family Bhai. Bhabhi doesn't need to come to look after my son!"

Arnav was flabbergasted by the rude reply of Akash as he gritted his teeth. He looked with his pleading eyes towards Khushi who had the same pain in her eyes. Not having patience to bear it anymore Arnav went away from there, leaving Khushi in more confusion.

'Does he really want me to go with him, or is it just for Aarav?'

._._._.

NK looked at Khushi who was thatching some leaves with all her frustration. The issue of her going to RM was not solved yet.

"I hope you are aware that you are a Naagin!" NK spoke while packing all the needed herbs for Payal in some earthen pots, "You can't stay with a human, being his wife. In fact you can't give Arnav any of the rights of a husband!"

"Why are you telling me this NK?" Khushi who was not in that pleasant mode, snapped, "I am not interested in Arnav. I had married him just for Aarav, all due to that misunderstanding!" Vasuki had really screwed up everything, according to her.

"Hmm... that's fine. No need to be so much hyper!" NK replied, "Do you want to erase their memories? It would help them cope up!" NK put the suggestion, unknown to fact that Arnav had listened everything.

'So she is not interested in me!'

._._._.

The worst distance between two people is misunderstanding.

._._._.

So three chapters to go and story going towards a unique ending.

Take Care and Beat Corona😉.

Chapter 17 : Growing Attachments

Devyani Raizada performed aarti of little Raizada who was in Khushi's arms while Arnav was accompanying them.

Akash was also behind them, with an unconscious Payal in his arms.

"May all evil eyes remain away from you!" Nani said while Mamiji and Sheetal were very confused with the turning of events.

"Maasi who is this woman with Akash?" Sheetal was all ready in his latest and shortest dress, too eager to know about Payal.

"These Raizada brothers suddenly vanished for one while week and now appeared with this surprise!" Mami was also dying with curiosity.

Khushi moved forward while Akash took Payal upstairs. He had already got a room prepared for Payal adjacent to his own bedroom.

Mamaji accompanied him, with other nurses which Gurudev had availed. While Anjali also excused herself to take care of Shyam.

Well, Shyam had been released by eagles, but unfortunately or furtunately he had lost his ability to speak in the process, increasing the responsibility of Anjali, double fold.

"Care to explain Chhote, where had you been!" Nani asked in no-nonsense tone. She was informed about Arnav being in Allahabad in the morning when he had commanded Aman to arrange for their arrival. "and who is that girl with Akash!"

"Naniji, at least let him freshen up, come ASR I'll help you!" Sheetal was two steps ahead of everyone, while Khushi glared at her.

"Even a 5-year old can freshen up himself. What help she is going to give you!" Khushi asked so that only Arnav could hear her.

"Khushi, take Aarav to his room. He must be tired!" Arnav answered her, less his Naagin wife started taking revenge.

Sending a grudging Khushi away Arnav braced herself to make a story to tell his family. Naagin story was surely not something he could tell them.

._._._.

Khushi was watching Akash, taking care of Payal. Although Gurudev had sent an associate for help but Akash was more keen to do most of work.

'Please come back jiji! Everyone needs you.' She had tears in her eyes.

To not disturb Akash, Khushi made her way to kitchen. Arnav was still with Devyani since last an hour, answering her questions.

Khushi could remember, how shrewdly Arnav had made her come with them, using Aarav, and manipulating him.

"Mom, ASR is telling me that you would never come back to RM, is it true?" Aarav was on verge of crying hearing it. Although Khushi had tried to make him understand but Aarav was already tensed to lose his mother.

So Lavanya had suggested her to go with the little boy, till Payal recovered and Aarav got his mother back.

"That means, Khushi bitiya is not the real mother of Aarav!" Khushi heard Nani as she moved to kitchen to prepare Aarav's meal. "She should not have lied to us! We had trusted her Chhote!" Nani was seemingly upset.

"Nani, there were some complications. Even Aaru didn't know about his real parents!" Arnav tried to defend Khushi, "In fact that child is still attached to her."

Nani was reluctant to forgive Khushi while Sheetal was clearly looking a bright future for herself. 'That means I still have a chance with ASR!'

"And what about your marriage! Do you still accept her as a wife, even after knowing her lie!" Mami questioned to test the scope of her niece being a Raizada bahu again.

"I don't know!" Arnav stood up abruptly, "She would be here till she wishes. I won't keep her against her will!" He declared before going towards his room, while his eyes met that of Khushi who was looking at him from the kitchen.

'My wish and my will?' Khushi was angry while stabbing the poor tomato.

'Laad Governor can never accept that he forced me to come here?' She was irritated by the double standards of her husband.

._._._.

While Arnav was sitting beside his swimming pool, overseeing the work of AR which was left orphaned since couple of days, the calm and silent water reflected the beautiful garden around. But suddenly he heard a hiss and just like that a giant cobra appeared on the surface from deep down the water, dripping wet, with his red eyes enough to scare any human.

Arnav was first caught off guard by the sudden intrusion as his chair fell to one side, while his files flying everywhere.

"Oh...NK?" Arnav asked after a few moments of confusion.

"Yeah, had come to check how is everything?" NK replied shifting to his human form.

"Very unique way to check!" Arnav mumbled as he gathered his things from floor, and some from water. "Khushi is not in my room. She must be with Aarav!" He didn't expect NK to come to meet him.

"Actually ASR, I am here to talk to you!" NK answered, "Regarding Khushi!"

While Arnav waited, NK continued.

"You can't keep Khushi with you forever!"

"Why? Just because I am a human."

"Well, I have already told you, how Payal had lost her powers. You won't want your wife to meet same fate, will you?" NK's words made Arnav a bit restless.

"I can't let her go. We are married with all rituals!" Arnav was nonchalant, as he replied rudely, "you don't have to mind!"

"Khushi won't live here, unless you confess how much you love her!" NK was speaking to the point, "She loves you, if you don't know already!"

Arnav was not ready for this naked truth but he remained silent while NK chose to leave him alone to think about it.

._._._.

"Mom, please don't go ever leaving me alone." Aarav was still insecure, "Why is everyone saying that you are not my mother!"

Khushi was lying on bed, with her head supported by her elbow as she was making Aarav sleep.

When Khushi didn't reply anything, too lost in his own thoughts Aarav questioned again, "Mom, will you really go away?"

Khushi who had got sentimental listening to her son finally replied, "What do you think Aaru? Can I ever live without you?"

Aarav hugged her, as he replied, "No...you would always be with me!" His tone was too innocent as Khushi kissed his head, humming his favourite lullaby.

That's how Arnav found the mother-son when he entered the room. Khushi stopped abruptly as she sensed him, while Aarav was already asleep.

Closing the door behind, Arnav made his way to the bed where Khushi was being uncomfortable under his piercing gaze.

Instead of going to other side, Arnav chose to lie beside Khushi, her back almost touching to his front torso.

"You are still affected by my scent, aren't you!" Arnav asked, as he had got the know this interesting information from Lavanya.

Khushi felt Arnav's arm circling her waist in order to reach Aarav. "What are you doing Arnavji? Aarav is here!" Her voice was shaking a bit, as she tried to make some distance between them.

"I am doing nothing." Arnav smirked seeing her red face, "Just helping my wife to make my son sleep!" Arnav was surely playing with her, as he knotted his fingers with those of Khushi's. His nose was nuzzling her long silky tendrils, as he again spoke. "Why can't I smell you? I should also know when you are around!"

"Arnavji", Khushi removed his hand as she sat up, "I am not... feeling it appropriate. Don't act shameless and sleep on other side!" Khushi spoke while her body was having goosebumps due to her proximity with him. But it was useless as Arnav was paying no heed to her talks, as he pulled her elbow, making her fall on him.

"Aaru could wake up anytime!" She whispered as her breath was felt on his lips.

"If you wiggled like this, his sleep would really be disturbed!" Arnav held her tightly, and she had to gave up before her adamant husband. Removing the loose hair from her face, he scanned her face, "You don't look like a 125 year old."

"Unlike humans, we don't age with time!" She informed him, her eyes locking with his.

"You spent so many years without any love interest! Don't you have any handsome Naag there or a dominating fiancé!" Arnav asked calmly making her frown.

'What is running in his mind?'

"Of course I have!" Khushi chose to have some fun, "His name is Baankeshwar. I used to call him Bannkeji with love." She supported her chin with her fist, as she observed his face going stiff, "He was a tall, musculine Naag, and one of my lovers!"

Arnav pursed his lips in a straight line as he stared at her mischievous face, "One of Lovers?"

"Hmm. I am one of the most beautiful Naagins there. Many Naags were ready to approach me. But I was waiting for jiji to marry first!"

"Oh!" Arnav nodded with a brooding face, "But then you had to get married, and that too with a human!" Arnav was being jealous, although he had started this weird conversation.

"Marriage...Arnavji our marriage is not valid!" Khushi was just teasing him but when she looked disappointment into his eyes, she cleared up, "I mean there are some different rituals of marriage in Nagloka!" She didn't want to hurt him.

But as she wanted to change the topic, Arnav sat up, making her lie down on bed.

"Different rituals for ophidians. After all you are not allowed to marry a human!" Arnav was serious suddenly.

Khushi was tensed with his stiffness as she held his shoulder, "Arnavji..." Not getting what to say, they were soon disturbed by a light knock on the door.

Arnav came down from bed, straightening his sweater while Khushi also sat up straight, as the door was opened to find Akash.

"Uh...Bhai I have come to take Aarav to my room!" Akash had lowered his eyes, a bit embarrassed with his claim, although his tone was crisp.

"He is already asleep Akashji. I am here to take care of him." Khushi explained. She wanted Akash to take some rest as he had been looking after Payal the whole day.

"No, I can take care of my son. Let me take him!" As Akash moved ahead to lift his son, Arnav caught his arm.

"It's enough Akash..." Arnav was tired of his whims, "Khushi is not less than his mother. You are insulting her by your actions!"

Although Akash was ready to retort but his brother's tone was enough to silent him. A bit hesitant but he didn't move ahead. Putting a glance towards a peaceful Aarav, he turned back to leave, followed by Arnav, while Khushi was left behind in the room with her sleeping son.

._._._.

It had been a week since everything started to go back to normal. Although Nani was still upset with Khushi, and Mami was confused that which brother she should target for her niece, Sheetal was as usual trying to seduce Arnav.

Payal was also recovering slowly, all thanks to Akash's love and care, although she hadn't her consciousness back.

On the other hand Arnav had gone cold with Khushi after that night and she was all going irritated due to his non-chalant behavior! Somewhere she was also cursing herself for her irresponsible behavior that night when she had demeaned their marriage.

"Papa, see I have got A+ grade by my teacher!" Aarav ran to Akash, coming straight from school. His bonding with Akash was also improving, Khushi being the reason behind it. "I have also made some friends there!" He was admitted in school two days ago.

Akash felt Payal's hand making movements as she heard their son in her subconscious state, making Akash overwhelmed with joy.

"Your Amma is very content to hear this Aaru!" He was happy with the development as he took bag and tiffin from him, "Tell her about your new friends!" Though he was startled to see Aarav's shoes and socks soaked in water.

Taking his son in lap, Akash told to sanitise his hands while he had already started speaking, "They are Shivaani, Shivam, Sadashiv, Shankar, and Shambhu! All Quintuplets!" He ended the counting while his father got another surprise. 'Quintuplets!'

Getting doubtful he asked, "Don't tell me all these friends are some snakelets!" He got confirmed as he saw the naughty face of his son, "I have told you Aarav to stay away from Serpents!" He got hyper.

"Oho Papa! They are harmless. In fact they are also shape-shifting and possess powers like me!" Aarav coolly scowled, a habit inherited from his uncle. "We even played together in the water!"

"You are a human Aarav, not some snake to behave like them. And forget your powers, you are not going to use them!"

Akash was bothered by this quality of his son. And not to forget Aarav's obsession with snakes had really become a headache for him. 'What if those snakes harmed my son!'

Scolding him lightly Akash was taking him to change his clothes when they found Nani in a confused state, who might have heard everything.

"Snakes...powers? What does it mean Akash!"

._._._.

Two chapters to go.

Sorry for leaving the Arshi romance incomplete.

Nani came to know. She would certainly do something...I guess.

What do you think she would do... unite Arshi or break them apart?

Will wait for your comments before updating the next part soon.

Do vote if you like it.

Take care buddies. ♥️

Chapter 18 : Lengthy Dissociations

"Nani..." Akash was gulping his nervousness, "I don't know much about it."

When Nani had overhead the conversation of his grandson, about some snakes and powers, he had been summoned by the old lady although he was clueless where to find the way out.

"I'll tell you Nani!" Khushi came to his rescue, "Akashji is not the right person to be asked about it!"

Devyani Raizada saw her grandson sighing with relief as Khushi asked him to go.

"When I had seen you first time, my experienced eyes had understood that you are not what you look!" Nani was sitting in her armchair while she beckoned Khushi to sit on the opposite chair, "So tell me what is it you are hiding!"

Khushi decided to handle it calmly, "Sorry Naniji but I can't tell you!" She answered confidently, "It's against the rules of our world!"

If Devyani got irritated by the answer she didn't show it on her face. In fact she had almost guessed it. 'A Naagin, of course!', her childhood stories about these mythical things were normal for her.

"Hmm, and what about your sister, is she normal? And our Aarav, is he too...?"

Khushi was impressed with this witty old lady who had understood everything using the clues.

"No. They are completely humans! You don't have to worry about them!" Khushi replied defiantly, "And as far as I am concerned, I won't harm anyone, unless they are harmful for my family!"

Devyani had a slight smile as she thought about something. "But what about my family? My grandson Arnav...whom you have married against his wish!"

There was a deafening silence in the room as Khushi couldn't answer it. 'What should I answer when your grandson is ignoring me!' Her wounds were being rubbed by salt.

"If you haven't entered his life, he would have been happily married to Sheetal by now!" Nani was upset with the false story she had told her.

"I am guilty for it." She spoke with a great difficulty, "In fact I'll set him free... if you wish so. I'll go away when jiji would be alright to look for Aaru!" Khushi uttered.

'We have nothing like husband and wife between us!' She thought to justify her decision.

"Marriage is not a joke!" Nani's voice brought Khushi out of her thoughts, "I had forced Chhote to marry you!" Her wrinkled eyes were keen. "Believing you over him was a mistake, but I can't repeat it by snatching his happiness again!"

Khushi was not getting what Nani wanted to tell her, as Devyani explained, "He had started liking you!" Her tone was final. She didn't have courage to ask Arnav to leave Khushi and marry someone else. "I am afraid, if this marriage breaks he won't marry again!"

"He...never told me that! Maybe he is not happy with me!" Khushi argued. She knew it maybe difficult to accept her for what she was, and she couldn't force Arnav.

"You are not a kid to not understand what he wants!" Nani rebuked her, "To tell you the truth, your Nanaji never confessed that he loved me. But it was in his eyes!"

"You don't have any problem with me!" Khushi was not expecting such a liberal behavior from the old lady, "You might be not aware, how serious it is!" She tried to caution her.

"If Chhote is fine with it, I trust him!" She might be not happy with the decision of Anjali of choosing Shyam but she had faith in choice of Arnav. "I can't be stubborn enough to ruin his life!"

Khushi took it as a hint of end of the conversation as she stood up with a confused heart while Nani came forward to her.

"Don't wait too much. Sometimes you may have to take the initiative." Devyani suggested, "That doesn't mean that I don't have issues with you. But as your elder, it's my duty to see, that Chhote had a happy married life!"

Khushi looked at her retreating figure as she looked at her Mangalsutra. 'My Swami is really a late-lateef. If I didn't do something that Sheetal would surely snatch him away!'

._._._.

"HP, a black coffee, do it fast!" Arnav barked orders, entering the kitchen.

He was soon followed by the serious-looking Aarav. "HP Kaka, a plain milk, do it fast!" His tone matched that of his uncle as HP nodded with a hint of smile.

"Why Junior, why so much hurry!" Arnav took him in his arms, with a hint of smile, while Aarav started narrating the busy schedule of his life.

Just then Sheetal entered, asking for a glass of juice.

"Sheetal aunty, you need to be in queue! My order will be delivered first, then ASR and then you!"

"Hey, no cheating! I ordered first." Arnav objected on the naughtiness of the little Raizada, but the retort was ready.

"Come-on ASR, I am your favorite isn't it?" Aarav's answer made Sheetal roll her eyes as she also tried to grab attention.

"But Aarav, I am the most favorite of your ASR. In fact you should start calling me Chachi!"

Both junior and senior ASR lifted their eyebrows at her audacity while Aarav whispered to Arnav, "Oh no ASR, Mom has heard everything." Aarav indicated towards the door, "Do the damage control otherwise Sheetal aunty will be burned on the spot!"

As Arnav looked with his peripheral vision, Khushi indeed was fuming on Sheetal.

How could Arnav leave the opportunity, as he had to take the revenge of that night,"Sheetal, why don't you wait in your room. I'll send the juice there!" His tone was flirtatious.

Aarav widened his eyes and Khushi was almost burning in anger as she saw Sheetal going out while smirking at her.

"Aarav!" Khushi finally spoke, but her words were directed towards her husband, "What was that witch telling you!"

Aarav looked at Arnav for answer who was totally cool about it, "Oh nothing Khushi. She was just improving Aarav's knowledge that my wife would be his Chachi!"

"Chachi??" Khushi uttered with gritted teeth while Aarav slapped his tiny forehead.

"Yeah, but it sounds so ewww!" Arnav made a face, "I would prefer SSR you know, Sheetal Singh Raizada!" Arnav told his nephew, who was trying to stop his uncle, signalling with various movements through his eyes.

But it having no effect on Arnav, the little boy sighed.

"Mom, leave the matter. We have to make that science project, let's go!" The little boy, was acting more mature between the couple, as he tried to end the matter.

But Khushi was irritated, remembering that smirk of that Sheetal.

"Project... get it done by your new Chachi, because I have a date with your Bankeshwar Mausaji! Bye." Saying so she left the kitchen with a start while Arnav was chuckling on her retreating figure.

"ASR! Mom has got so angry?" Aarav pouted, sad with the bad mood of Khushi, "Why does you tease her so much?"

Arnav who was still smirking on the  face-off with his wife, made Aarav sit on the cabinet.

"Because your Chachi looks hot when she is angry!" Arnav mumbled as he took milk glass from HP, making Aarav drink it. "Don't worry, I'll correct everything!"

"Seems my Mausaji is planning something!" Junior ASR smirked back to senior ASR leaving Arnav with a frown.

"Mausaji....ewww!"

._._._.

It had been two days since the incident, and Khushi was making prasad for her routine morning Pooja when HP came searching her.

"Khushi Bhabhi, Payalji has gained consciousness!" He informed her.

Overwhelmed with the news she ran upstairs where her sister was getting inspected by the practitioner.

"Akashji...how?" Khushi found him at the corner of the bed while Payal was breathing slowly, a slight smile playing on her face as she looked at her sister.

"Bhabhi, Payal is back to us!" Akash was emotional. It was a miracle to him, to see Payal smiling at him when he had gone to check on her first thing in the morning.

"She is stable, just a bit weak!" The nurse informed them, as Akash supported Payal to sit properly.

Khushi also came to help, going sentimental, after seeing her sister again back to life. She was so happy as she hugged Payal lovingly, "Jiji!"

"I am fine Khushi!" Payal answered while Akash was too numb to speak anything. "Akash..."

"Akashji, jiji is alright...talk to her!" Khushi nudged her brother-in-law while she ran to inform Arnav about it.

._._._.

"We didn't meet in the best of circumstances Payal bitiya, but whatever I got to know about you, it impressed me!" Nani replied, as she talked to a healing Payal.

"Hello hi bye bye, sasumaa, won't you talk about marriage!" Mami quipped in. She was in the misconception that Devyani would ask Arnav to marry Sheetal.

"Yes Manorama have patience!" Devyani reprimanded her as she continued, "Panditji had told me that there is an auspicious time after two weeks, and as the head of family I declare that both brothers Akash and Arnav would get married together!"

The news surprised many as Akash looked at his brother. After Payal recovered the bitterness in Akash's mind had also reduced.

'Bhai seems to be unaware of his marriage being planned!' He thought.

"What the! Nani!" Arnav tried to object, "My marriage?"

"Of course Arnav bitwa!" Mami was impatient, "You would finally get rid of this cheater wife and get love of Sheetal back!"

As soon as Manorama uttered those words, Arnav stopped her, "Mami! Mind your words for Khushi!" His voice was loud enough to silent everyone, "Nani what is this!"

"ASR, our marriage!!!" Sheetal had the misconception that Arnav was eager to marry her.

"Sheetal, for the last time I am making it clear, we had no chance together!" Arnav was tired of her dumbness, "It's high time you and Mami accept this!"

The atmosphere had tensed as Nani asked him to talk to her alone.

._._._.

"Chhote, why are you being so stubborn!" Nani and Arnav were talking, "I want you and Khushi bitiya to marry again. What's the problem in it!"

Arnav clenched his jaw, "Nani, please! Why don't you understand that I don't want this marriage!"

Devyani couldn't believe that her calculation went wrong. Didn't she claim to Khushi that Arnav was in love with her.

"I thought you like Khushi bitiya. If you are not happy with her, why are you giving her false hopes!"

"What do you mean by false hopes!" Arnav asked, unaware of all the complications. "Does she think that we are getting married again!"

Devyani didn't reply anything making Arnav take a big sigh, "Damn it!"

._._._.

"Naniji should have chosen the date after a month!" Khushi whined, "How could I prepare everything in just two weeks!"

She was with Payal and Anjali. Mami was of course not going to participate in anything, although Anjali had finally learnt to take decisions on her own.

Although the marriage issue wasn't solved but not even in dreams Khushi had thought that Arnav would deny to marry her. So still in her own world she had started preparations for her Jiji's marriage.

"Don't worry Khushiji, we all will manage everything!" Anjali told Khushi, as they were choosing the wedding outfits, with the help of designers.

"Mom, I also need Armani suits, just like ASR!" Aarav reached them, finding his mothers busy in their own shopping.

"Aaru, I already sent your measurements!" Payal informed him taking him close. "They will be ready by next week!" Aarav was happy to hear it.

"Can I invite my snake friends Amma?" He asked in a conspiring tone, "They have never attended a human marriage!" He was pouting.

"Ok, but don't tell your Papa!" Payal replied, while Khushi and Aarav chuckled, remembering the phobia of Akash.

Just then Arnav reached there, "Khushi, we need to talk!" He wanted to clear the things.

"Arnavji, I have lot of work! Will talk in evening!" Khushi dismissed him not realizing the seriousness of the situation.

"Khushi it's important, please!" Arnav raised his tone, "Come upstairs!"

._._._.

Khushi thought Arnav was joking when he made it clear that he doesn't want to marry her, "Ok I understand you don't like such lavish marriages. And we are already married that's why...." She had a hesitant smile.

"Khushi...Khushi no...I mean I don't want to marry you now...I can't!" Arnav had a strange emotion as he tried to make her understand.

"You don't love me!" She took a wrong interpretation of his words, "Or you are upset with my identity!" She was feeling like a fool for assuming that everything was fine between them.

Arnav didn't know how to make her understand as he saw her with tears.

Leaving his priorities behind he pulled her into his arms, holding her tightly, "Khushi it's not about love. The matter is..." He closed his eyes, when Khushi refused to hug her, "I can't ruin your life!"

Khushi was annoyed by this insane logic. On one hand he was confessing his love and on other hand doesn't want to marry her again.

"Just tell me one thing Arnavji...what is my place in your life now!" She wanted a clear explanation as she looked at him through her lashes.

Arnav took a breath, "Nothing...we share nothing... for now!"

Their eye-lock was still intact as they kept staring at each other, the painful love visible to them.

._._._.

After two weeks:

Khushi hugged her sister as they completed the wedding rituals.

That day after their confrontation, Arnav and Khushi had declared that their proper marriage would not take place.

Though Arnav didn't spell it out but Khushi knew that he was afraid of the consequences if they shared the marriage bliss.

'He needs time. I'll make him understand soon!' She had told herself, waiting for the right time, unaware of the destiny which had something else in store for them.

Payal was officially the Raizada bahu now, and Aarav had got the title of the next Raizada heir. Sheetal's father was angry as expected and to teach Raizadas a lesson, he had broken all his ties with AR. Sensing it before hand Arnav had made all arrangements with Akash though.

"Where is Bhai?" Akash asked Khushi as he was not visible around.

"ASR was going out sometime ago!" Aarav replied making Khushi go restless. And her fear came true when HP brought the news.

"Chhote Bhaiyya had left this letter for you Bhabhi!"

As Khushi read the opening words, they read like,

"Khushi

I am going...with the hope of meeting you...maybe in next birth!"

._._._.

Thank you for reading and all your love through votes and comments.

So Nani and Arnav acted against the expectation, isn't it😜

All those Arshi fans, please don't lose hope. One update is still there.🙊

Take Care 😘 till then.

Removed

chapter 11

The golden wings did not help the eagle. He burned instead. At least Payal got to Aarav.

chapter 12

So Vasuki loves Payal. Now who will Payal choose if she could? Him or akash?