Rohini Maiya - Page 3

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by FlauntPessimism

I am from Bihar and we have this Godhan instead of Bhai Dooj

The stories of Godhan does have Yamuna asking for a boon from Yam that any brother who meets his sister on this day should be saved from Akaal Mrityu. But Yamuna is only his sister not his wife here

Yamin is someone else. I guess they are triplets or Yamuna is the younger sister of the twins (Yam n Yamin), and Yamin n Yam are married to each other, Yamuna is not into marriage with Yamin

I read this Yami thing on Wiki. There they said there was a confusion about Yami because in traditional Sanskrit the suffix -i is aded to the name of a man to refer to his wife. A sister is referred to by the suffix -aa.

Triplets work for me!

And WB we also have a similar poem we have to say while we do the tilak on our brothers for Bhai Dooj. I've forgotten the poen but it does say something along the lines of "now there's a barrier before the gates to Yama-loka" so yeah! 😆

Originally posted by FlauntPessimism

Cross cousin marriage is not legal in Hindu marriage act unless it is taking place in a region where such marriages are permissible. It's illegal in North Indian mainland for sure

I checked with my friend in Nepal, even there the first cousin marriage is completely forbidden (cross or parallel)

W/ kshatriyas, there is a rule of having a 7-generation divide before someone can marry someone else of another branch.  In other words, has to be a cousin 7-times removed

Originally posted by .Vrish.

W/ kshatriyas, there is a rule of having a 7-generation divide before someone can marry someone else of another branch.  In other words, has to be a cousin 7-times removed

It's 7 times from father's side and 5 times fron mother's side

Originally posted by proteeti

Of course we all know Sulakshana Khatri ji did a commendable job of portraying this character right from her grit as a queen down to the practical-but-will-spoil-you-to-death mommy to Kanha and Dau Bhaiya!

Also did you guys notice, Sulakshana ji also plays the maid who informs King Ugrasena that Kans has murdered Keertimaan! 😲

I actually didn't notice the latter: I would have, since Sulakshina pops out at me as Mandavi from the Ramayan every time she appears.

Okay, so other than her, Swapnil and a few praja actors, which actors were common to Ramayan and Shri Krishna?

Vijay Kavish played King Ugrasena and also Lord Shiva in both RSR and SK.

Also, did anyone else notice that Shah Nawaz, who played our Nand Baba, also played Shurasena (Vasudev's father) and of course the infamous Chanoor? Shurasena was rather insignificant, but it's amazing how he played both Nand Baba and Chanoor so effortlessly without us realizing they were the same person! 😲👏

Originally posted by RamKiSeeta

Vijay Kavish played King Ugrasena and also Lord Shiva in both RSR and SK.

Also, did anyone else notice that Shah Nawaz, who played our Nand Baba, also played Shurasena (Vasudev's father) and of course the infamous Chanoor? Shurasena was rather insignificant, but it's amazing how he played both Nand Baba and Chanoor so effortlessly without us realizing they were the same person! 😲👏

Was Chanoor the same person? I felt he was, but then thought I was just confused and they are different

I mean using Aslam khan for multiple roles is OK since his roles were small and 1-2 scenes but playing another role after playing NandBaba is a huge risk

Originally posted by .Vrish.

I actually didn't notice the latter: I would have, since Sulakshina pops out at me as Mandavi from the Ramayan every time she appears.

Okay, so other than her, Swapnil and a few praja actors, which actors were common to Ramayan and Shri Krishna?

Aslam Khan is present, similar to Ramayana in multiple roles

The guy who plays Vishnuji at the beginning is the same as in Ramayana but unlike Ramayana, SriKrishna had more scenes of Radha Krishna in Golok

Another strange things I come to know 

Eklavya was cousin of Lord krishna 

Eklavya was son of one of brother of vasudev ( devki husband) and eklavya was lost after birth 

Abhimanyu was soul of kalvayan ( who was burned in cave) then Lord krishna trap his soul in cloth then it took dwarika and put it in almirah or box  ( sanduk) 

And when subhdra  open cupboard then light of soul enter  subhdra womb

https://www.facebook.com/Mahabharata.ukf/posts/1-sahadeva-knew-everything-about-thefuture-he-knew-that-a-war-was-going-to-occur/788134534552100/

Edited by surabhi01 - 3 years ago

Abhimanyu was not the reincarnation of Kalyavan. There is a version that says he was the reincarnation of a rakshasa, but that rakshasa's name is Abhikasura. He evaded being killed by Lord Vishnu for 16 years, and thus he was reborn as Abhimanyu to die in the Kurukshetra war at the age of 16.

Another version says he was the reincarnation of Varchas, the son of Lord Chandra. Chandra dev was unable to suffer separation from his son and thus he made a condition that Varchas would be born to Arjuna and Subhadra on Earth, but he would only live for 16 years and then he'd return to his father, Lord Chandra.

Kalyavan was a rakshasa, who, when he was killed by Muchukunda, received salvation as his death was orchestrated by Krishna, and he chanted Krishna's name throughout the entire event before his death, even if it was with anger. He even gave them name "Rannchhod" to Krishna, and happy with the unique name given to him in anger, Krishna blessed him with salvation after his death.

Personally, I don't believe Abhimanyu was the reincarnation of anyone, divine or rakshasa. He was simply a young child of Arjuna who died a tragic death in the war, and whose death will always be mourned due to its cruel nature.

Actually they have made everyone the incarnation of one or other there, Drona is said to be an incarnation of Brihaspati, Ashwathama a Rudra of Shiva and so on

I don't think this could be true