Shree Krishna

The Forgotten Political Drama - Page 2

MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Thank you Pro an Janu for getting this thread started! I've always found the political aspect of this show fascinating and lamented the fact that many of those scenes were cut. The storytelling seems to be inspired by  Kanhaiyalal Munshi's classic novel series, Krishnavatara, and RS brilliantly blends that purely human adaptation with his signature devotional touch.

From a practical perspective, the model of representative government provided by the Yadavs is really ahead of its time and worth studying. The portrayal of Kans as a petulant dictator, the difficulty of defeating him because of disunity among those who oppose him, and the characterization of Akrur as a courageous and tireless resistance leader all ring true in the modern world

From a social/cultural perspective, as Janu said it is very valuable in helping us understand the ultimate tragic fate of the Yadavs in Dwarika. We see how, from Treta to Dwapar, as we got closer to Kaliyug, human nature itself changed. Loyalty and unity became more and more rare, the emphasis on individualism rather than collectivism grew, bringing with itself its own advantages and disadvantages. 

From a devotional perspective, these political scenes highlight for us the unique natures of Vasudev and Akrur, both examples of different types of devotees, one who accepts God's will even when it kills him and one who has the kinds of doubts and questions we ordinary people have and feels the need to do *something*, even when nothing is in his power. The evolution we watch him go through from this introductory scene in Ugrasen's court up until Krishna blesses him with that divine darshan on the way to Kans vadh is a masterpiece in characterization and really instructive for us as devotees. Looking forward to retracing that journey with you guys scene by scene!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Kans being a psychopath was never in my books! Thanks for that interpretation, it opens up a whole lot of other perspectives!

I always used to base my judgement on the just-before-his-vadh episodes where he's shown going a bit mad. 😆

Yep, I have always been intrigued by the Yadava governance style! I wish we knew about it in more detail than is covered in the texts!

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

This content was originally posted by: proteeti

Kans being a psychopath was never in my books! Thanks for that interpretation, it opens up a whole lot of other perspectives!

I always used to base my judgement on the just-before-his-vadh episodes where he's shown going a bit mad. 😆

Yep, I have always been intrigued by the Yadava governance style! I wish we knew about it in more detail than is covered in the texts!

It's just recently I've created the theory of Kans being psychopathic. Although the serial shows him as just "crazy", I feel like that craziness and impulsivity were symptoms of his psychosis. He was clever but not intelligent in that bookish way. More than clever, he was wily and slimy....kind of like Voldemort in Harry Potter lol, though Voldemort was more serious. 😆

wayward thumbnail

I loved Vilas ji's portayal tho! He showed all those shades with absolute perfection! 👏

MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Today's episode began with Rohini's escape, and yesterday's included Akrur and his fellow Yadav councilmen trying to make sense of the state of emergency in Mathura. Both scenes are really great examples of the political setup we've been discussing. Akrur has long been trying to convince Shursen--the head of the Vrishni faction--to let his people revolt against the Bhoja faction because of Kans's crimes, but while Ugrasen was at the helm, Shursen wasn't ok with spoiling relations with the rest of the clan over the one person's actions--whereas Akrur, much as he respected Ugrasen, foresaw the mounting danger of letting Kans remain unchallenged. So even within the one Vrishni faction, there were differences of opinion and the ability to express them. I'd watch from the 10 minute mark to see how this plays out after Kans completes his coup, imprisons Ugrasen, and takes over Mathura (don't miss the secret passageway!). The discussion with the other councilmen that takes us up to the 18 minute mark further delves into how decentralized they were, even geographically, resulting in a strategy of sheltering families in allied kingdoms and having those who stay back comply with Kans's rule, but subtly pressure him to not kill Ugrasen. How that manifests, we'll see in the next part, during Kans's rajyabhishek. But what do we think of the conflict here, of Shursen's stubborn bravery and Akrur and team's courageous efforts to save whomever they can? 

https://youtu.be/AFqX5aqgp2c?t=600

wayward thumbnail

Wasn't Sulakshana ji amazing here! I'm always in awe of her acting chops!

Also the Yadava warriors protecting her, remember how they flirted with the guards?! 🤣

Practical humor runs in the entire family! 🤣

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by: surabhi01

Did they  show in first episode about parikshit story and kaliyug entering and talking to parikshit  and parikshit giving four place to kaliyug  and getting curse that  after 1week he will be kill by takshak nag 

And did they show  story of jay vijay gate keeper of Lord Vishnu  vaikunth  who are curse 4 children bhraman in first episode

One thing: the serial started w/ this curse on Parikshit and him sitting in front of the rishi who's narrating to him this story.  But when the serial finally ends, it ends w/ Banasura being spared and letting Usha join Anirudha and Krishna.  It also shows Krishna mentioning that his race is gonna be wiped out soon, but it doesn't show Mausala Parva, or whatever it's called in SB.  Not just that, it doesn't even go on to show the death of Parikshit.

I also recall in the ACK Parikshit, the Hastinapur court built a tower to protect Parikshit from Takshak, and also had tough security there.  Despite that, Takshak got smuggled in by a basket of fruits as a worm, and when he was near Parikshit, he became a huge snake and bit him,  and disappeared before the Puru court could do anything about it.

The Jaya-Vijaya thing you asked about, I think they showed in the aftermath of Shishupala's death in the main serial.  Incidentally, what's running right now?

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by: proteeti

Wasn't Sulakshana ji amazing here! I'm always in awe of her acting chops!

Also the Yadava warriors protecting her, remember how they flirted with the guards?! 🤣

Practical humor runs in the entire family! 🤣

Actually, w/ Sulakshina, it's hard to look at her and not think Bharat's Mandavi.  I just can't picture her as Rohini

But yeah, they make these pre-Krishna episodes look like fun

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

They have shown  kans death few days back so after kans  death  they will show Lord krishna and balram going to Sandipini ashram  in Ujjain 

Though I  not able to watch now days but still I have shree krishna  few years back so I have idea that after kans death   they show  upnayan sanskar of  lord krishna and balram and going to Sandipini ashram  

So right they are must showing these 

Even one one episode lord krishna send akrur to hastinapur  to give msg to kunti  after kans death 

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

I shree madh bhagwat there is no maussala parv  . Mausala parv is in mahabharat text 

In shree   madh bhagwat there 12 skandh  and every skandh  has chapters