Arshi FF: Our Journey to Eternity - Note - Pg 14 - Page 4

Posted: 3 years ago

Awesome update, from denying to thinking of life time together, arshi are great going.

Lovely update

So their journey started...

continue soon

pm me when update posted 😊

Hey guys thanks for your awesome comments. One thing I want to say, if anyone wants to be PMed, you need to comment on the post as it takes a lot of time to sift through the buddy list and send PMs to people who actually are active. If you comment here you will definitely receive a PM from next time onwards. Now, enough of my bak bak. Enjoy the update😁😁😁😁

Chapter 2

“Arnav Bhai, Khushi, I am sorry to disturb you both, but Nani was asking if you both are done then join us all downstairs.” 

“Payal, tell Nani we will be down in a minute.” Arnav said giving Payal a death glare which made her giggle even more.

They followed Payal downstairs and could feel all the gazes on them. Khushi’s nervousness heightened and she started fidgeting with ends of her saree. Arnav marched down the stairs and took a seat besides Shyam nonchalantly. Khushi saw him take a seat and went down to sit beside her mother, all the while looking down. 

“I hope you both had a good talk.” Shashi asked both of them.

Khushi looked up at her father and nodded. Arnav gave a nod to his Nani who was waiting for his answer.

“Have you decided anything or you both need some time to think?” Nani asked.

“Nani, uncle, aunty, if Khushi agrees then I would like to marry her.” Arnav declared taking everyone by surprise. 

Anjali and Payal looked at him with wide eyes and Akash and Shyam couldn’t help but look at each other in disbelief. Their ever-so stubborn, rude, arrogant and angry brother/brother-in-law agreed to marry a girl in the first meet was something beyond comprehension for them. Nani fondly gazed at her lovely grandson. She was sure her Chotte will be happy with Khushi. Khushi was stunned at his declaration but recovered quickly and a smile bloomed on her face, her gaze travelled to him to see a small smile adorning his face. Garima nudged Khushi and she realized that everyone was waiting for her answer.

“It is a yes Amma. I would like to marry Arnav ji too.” Khushi declared making everybody smile.

Cheers erupted in the hall and everyone congratulated the couple. Arnav and Khushi were smothered with hugs from their families. Khushi tried to catch his eye amongst all the celebration but failed as he was busy tackling the teasing of his family.

“You will get a lot of time with him soon Khushi.” Anjali whispered in Khushi’s ear. Khushi blushed at her teasing, her cheeks turning bright red. 

“I am really happy for both of you. Being his elder sister, I should warn you, he isn’t what he looks like right now. Handling ASR is not an easy task, but seeing the way he has behaved today I don’t think it will take much effort for you.” Anjali guffawed while Payal looked at Khushi with a mock sympathetic expression.

“Di, Payal don’t scare my poor Bhabhi. Don’t worry Khushi ji, Bhai is not that scary but sometimes he can be a pain when he is angry.” Akash jumped up in support of Khushi. 

After another round of tea and discussions, when Raizadas stood up to leave, Arnav stealthily crept closer to Khushi and slipped a note in her hand. Khushi gasped at the sudden contact and looked at him with wide eyes. He was sporting a lazy smile, his eyes looking straight ahead. She scowled at his audacity and moved a little away from him to save herself from another round of teasing. He walked to the door and before leaving turned back to see Khushi looking at him. He waved her a quick goodbye and walked out before anyone noticed him.  

After they left, Khushi stood in the living room, clutching the note tightly in her hand with a shy smile on her face. Looking around she saw her mother and Bua were already in the kitchen for dinner preparations. She rushed up to her room, closing the door, plopped down on her bed and hurriedly opened the note.

99*******0. This is my phone number. 

Arnav

Khushi read the note once again to realize that they hadn’t exchanged numbers when they were talking. ‘So he wants me to contact him’ Khushi mused. She rummaged through her room searching for her phone. She quickly saved his number and was about to dial when she heard her mother calling her down for dinner. She looked at her phone once again and decided to call him after dinner.

Arnav walked into his room after a rather loud dinner. His family was over enthusiastic today as if they had come home winning a war but he knew they were genuinely happy for him. He checked his phone once again, but there were no calls or messages. That is what he had been doing for the past three hours, checking his phone every five minutes to see if she had called. He sighed and opened his laptop to get some work done. But fate seemed to have other plans, the more he tried to focus, a certain figure clad in red flashed before his eyes. He just couldn’t get her out of his mind. ‘You have just met her, you cannot let her thoughts distract you to this extent’ his mind warned. Arnav Singh Raizada was unable to concentrate on his work which was a first in 28 years of his life. The shrill ringing of his phone broke his train of thoughts.

“Hello Arnav Singh Raizada here.”

“Arnav ji, it’s me Khushi.”

Her voice wafted through the speaker. Arnav inhaled deeply to control his overworking brain.

“Hi Khushi. So, you read my note. Actually, I thought we should have each other’s numbers for easier communication.” Arnav mentally slapped himself for giving such a lame excuse for the note.

“Of course, we should Arnav ji. Can I ask you something? ”

“Sure Khushi you can ask me anything.”

“Arnav ji... woh” Khushi began hesitantly, not sure how to frame her question.

“Bolo (Tell me) Khushi.” Arnav encouraged sensing her hesitance.

“Are you in any way being pressurized to get married?” Khushi asked bravely.

Arnav was taken aback by her question. Why was Khushi asking him that? Had he in any way given her the impression that he was not interested? Pushing aside all his thoughts he decided to answer her.

“Arnav Singh Raizada cannot be forced to do something he doesn’t want to. You don’t have to worry about it. I am doing all this because I want to and not because someone is forcing me.” Arnav said firmly, his ego flaring at the most inconvenient time.

“I am sorry Arnav ji, I didn’t mean to offend you but I wanted to make sure. It is a very big decision of our lives and we should be careful as this is not just about us, our families are equally involved.” Khushi tried her best to explain her intention behind the sudden query.

“Khushi you don’t have to apologize. You are right we shouldn’t take any decision in haste. I hope the feeling is mutual then.” Arnav ended in a teasing tone.

“Oh yes ab-absolutely.” Khushi stuttered, flushing at his open teasing.

“Arnav ji did you have your dinner?”

“Yes I just came upstairs from the hall. And you?”

“Yes I did.”  Khushi smiled realizing how domestic the entire conversation felt.

“Umm Khushi, do you think we should spend some time getting to know each other before we get married?”

“Arnav ji knowing each other is a gradual process and when we have decided to spend our lives together then why delay it? We will get plenty of time during the rituals and it is not like the wedding is happening within two days.” Khushi explained.

“Well now that is an argument I cannot refute.” Arnav was amazed at her maturity. She was more insightful than he thought. 

Khushi chuckled at his comment. He was sceptical about how they would find time to understand each other better. She decided to make sure they make time to meet at least a few times before the wedding. 

“Well I have a way with words, so you may find yourself speechless on many occasions.” Khushi teased him.

“Then I better start training myself to counter your words.” Arnav shot back.

“Let’s see how that works in your favour.” She retorted, smiling mischievously.

Their conversation continued and none of them realized that they had been on call for almost two hours. Arnav looked at the clock to find that it was close to midnight.

“Khushi it’s getting really late, you should sleep now.” 

“I didn’t realize the time. You are right we should hit the bed now. Good night, Arnav ji.”

“Good night Khushi.” 

Khushi kept her phone on the bedside table and hit the bed. She smiled to herself remembering their phone conversation. From what she had deduced during their conversation, it seemed Arnav was a man of few words and she might have to do the talking for both of them. This thought had her chuckling at the stark different between them, she cannot stop talking and he seems to not be able to hold a conversation for long. She could feel happiness bubbling within her. Finally her dreams of a perfect wedding were soon going to be fulfilled. 

Arnav on the other hand was amazed at how easily he had talked to her for almost two hours. He, who couldn’t hold a conversation for more than a couple of minutes, had spoken for such a long time. His siblings would have a heart attack if they were here. It seemed as if he didn’t need to hide his feelings with her. The easy understanding they were slowly developing gave him the confidence to open up to her. Arnav’s lips curved into a smile thinking how talkative she was. Well opposites attract was indeed proving to be true for him. With all these thoughts he drifted off to sleep.

Arnav walked down the stairs to see his entire family settling down for breakfast. Nani has made it compulsory that the entire family should have their breakfast together on Sundays. It is one ritual she is absolutely strict about. The atmosphere seemed to be charged with a sudden euphoria, smiles were brighter, and the usual chattering seemed to be kicked up a notch. As Arnav took a seat beside his brother, Akash gave him a wide grin.

“Why are you smiling like a fool Aku?” Arnav glared at his brother.

“Why shouldn’t I smile after all it is not every day that the great ASR agrees to get married.” Akash said cheekily.

“Do you want my fist to kiss your nose Aku?” Arnav threatened.

“Di look at him, he is threatening me.”  Akash complained to Anjali animatedly.

“Akash you are not a kid anymore. Anyway it is your fault. Who asked you to put your head in the lion’s mouth?”  Anjali reprimanded. Akash glared at Arnav and went back to eating.

This was how Arnav and Akash were since childhood. Where Arnav was the silent one, Akash was a prankster and would always end up fighting with Arnav due to one of his infamous pranks. Anjali always had to mediate between them. A lot of times she ended up supporting Akash because he was the youngest but she knew Arnav never fought with him without a reason. Her love for both of them was the same. She was never worried about Akash because he had always been an extrovert, making friends easily and he was very good at expressing his feelings. On the other hand her Chotte would always sit quietly in a corner with his nose buried in a book. He never had too many friends, he either stayed home, painting something or would be found studying. His only confidant was their mother, she was his best friend. After her death, she had tried to break him out of his shell but he had turned even more reticent and always kept his thoughts to himself.

“Anju, I have called the priest today to decide the dates for the engagement and the wedding I think we should invite the Gupta’s for lunch today. We can discuss all the arrangements without any hassle.”  Nani’s voice brought Anjali out of her stupor.

“Of course Nani, I will call Khushi and inform her right now. We can also start making the shopping list for the bride.” Anjali said, excitement bubbling inside her. She immediately hopped to living room already dialling Khushi’s number.

Arnav shook his head at his over-excited sister. It was as if his decision of marrying has glued goofy grins onto the faces of each member of the house. The happiness around him was so infectious, even he couldn’t help but smile.

“Khushi said that they would be here for lunch Nani.” Anjali informed.

Arnav‘s head snapped up at the mention of her name. He felt excitement surge through his body at the prospect of seeing her again. He looked around to see everyone looking at him with strange expressions. 

”Di, it seems that a mere mention of her name has raised someone’s heartbeats.” Payal said giving a nudge to her sister-in-law who giggled at Arnav’s sudden interest in their conversation.

“Well this is what will happen from now on Payal. Saale Sahab ke khayalo pe ab kisi aur ka raaj chalega(Saale Sahab’s thoughts will now be occupied by someone else).”  Shyam also joined the teasing session. 

Arnav rolled his eyes. Trust his family to make simplest things embarrassing, he needs to figure out a way to get out of their teasing or better put an end to it. He hurriedly finished his breakfast and announced that he was going to finish some pending work. As soon as Arnav was out of sight the entire family burst into laughter. 

Nani looked at her grandchildren and sent a quick prayer to her Goddess asking her to keep them happy and specially thanked her for sending Khushi in Arnav’s life. She had always been worried as to how she will be able to raise her daughter’s kids after she and her husband passed away. Anjali and Akash had settled well in their life and also had found loving partners in Shyam and Payal. But she was extremely concerned for her guarded and silent Chotte. She wanted him to find himself a loving wife but he was always too busy working. So, she took it upon herself to make him agree to at least meet some prospective brides and now she felt that her decision worked out well.

How was it guys? This one is slightly longer as I wanted to capture all the emotions. Do leave your feedback☺️☺️☺️. I read all of your comments and I am so glad you guys are liking the story😁😁😁😁.

Edited by loquacious_soul - 3 years ago

Khushi has made a place in Arnav's heart already.

Wonderful update. Loved it. So marriage preparation is started, waiting to see all the rituals. Thanks for the pm.

So marriage is on the cards. Arshi see latoo over each other in their first meet. Nice update. 

Slow n steady wins the race... They will find a way to love...

Very nice n cute story Arnav is attracted to khushi n her sunny personality n the way she is a strong woman perfect for him so when he agreed for marriage the family was in shock n when they came out of their earlier state they were happy.

Lovely story!! Do continue soon 😊

It's kinda cute ..the growing relationship btw arshi