Arshi FF: Our Journey to Eternity - Note - Pg 14 - Page 2

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by Preet.Kc

I was talking about the marrying my temporary wife

Hey Preet.Kc, I am currently stuck with that story. Can't seem to find a way forward. That is why it's been on hold. Whatever I write doesn't seem good enough😭. Would get back to it once I get a proper way to proceed with it😊

Welcome back sweetheart

It is a super opening 

Waiting waiting for their first meet ...dhamka wala 

Originally posted by Uzii

Nice story,it’s always very nice to see old writers come again to entertain their readers n fans.

Thank you so much Uzii. I am equally happy to be back. Its been years since I wrote last. Looking forward to seeing all of us interact again

Originally posted by AnjuRish

Welcome back sweetheart

It is a super opening 

Waiting waiting for their first meet ...dhamka wala 

Thanks a lot dear. I am specially excited for this story. Dhamaka hoga ya nahi we will see in the update😆

Neither is interested in the match. Will that change when they meet?

Interesting would love to see Arnav's reaction seeing Khushi

Originally posted by coderlady

Neither is interested in the match. Will that change when they meet?

That is definitely worth reading😉

Hello guys, I am back with the first chapter. Hope you guys are safe and healthy. Also if anyone can help me design a banner for this FF please PM me. And those who want to receive PM for my stories please mention in the comments. I am not sure how many of my buddies are active, so it gets tedious to send pm’s to the entire buddy list,😃

Chapter 1

The Gupta Mansion was bustling with activity; Garima and Madhumati were running around getting everything ready for the guests. Khushi walked in after a tiring day at the cafe and crashed on the couch.

“Haye re Nandkishore. Khushi what are you doing? Go and get ready, they will be here any moment.” Buaji scolded Khushi.

“Okay Buaji you don’t have to shout, I am not deaf.” Khushi said dramatically covering her ears. Before Buaji could slap her head she ducked and ran to her room giggling. 

“Can you believe that this girl is going to meet a guy for marriage today? She still behaves like a child.” Garima laughed.

Garima recalled the day Khushi was born; she was always a happy child. Her smiles, giggles and antics always kept the house lively. She was the life of her parents and aunt who did everything to keep their little butterfly happy.

The sound of the doorbell broke Garima out of her reverie. Her husband went ahead to open the door and welcome the guests. She went into the living room to see the entire Raizada family at the door. She could see the elderly woman Devyani Raizada, whom they had met in the mandir about a week ago. She saw two young women and three young men accompanying her. 

“Namaste Garima ji, Shashi ji. I hope we aren’t late.” Nani said greeting the Gupta couple.

“Not at all. Please have a seat. Let me introduce you to my sister Madhumati.” Shashi said.

“Namaste Devyani ji. Finally I get to meet you. Garima couldn’t stop talking about you.” Madhumati said with a smile.

“Meet my elder grand-daughter Anjali and son-in-law Shyam.” Nani said pointing to a smiling Anjali and Shyam who greeted the three elders with folded hands.

“And he is Akash, my youngest grandson and his wife Payal.” Akash and Payal greeted the same way as Anjali and Shyam.

Nani looked around and saw that Arnav was missing. Akash who saw Nani looking around indicated that he was on a call and would be here in a bit.

“Sorry Shashi ji, Arnav is on a phone call.” Nani apologized.

“Garima aunty where is Khushi?” A curious Anjali asked.

“Beta she is getting ready, should be down in a minute.” Garima answered.

Arnav walked in and felt all eyes on him. He took a seat beside his brother and greeted the Gupta’s. Conversations began flowing and soon he and Shyam were talking to Shashi Gupta about his business. Suddenly the room turned silent and he looked up in the direction where his family was staring and saw a girl wearing a red saree with waist length hair left open. Arnav couldn’t take his eyes off her angelic face. He was brought back by a nudge from Akash who was looking at him with a mischievous smile. He glared at him and that effectively faded his smile. 

Khushi on the other hand descended the stairs. She was nervous as this was the first time she was meeting someone for marriage. As she reached the living room, she saw smiling faces looking at her. But one particular face held her gaze. He was looking at her intently with chocolate brown eyes but his face was expressionless. His eyes were a mixture of anxiousness, curiosity and something which Khushi couldn’t put a name to. She averted her eyes from his face and focused on greeting the others.

“We are so glad to meet you Khushi. You are looking so pretty.” Payal said, excitement oozing from her. Khushi couldn’t help but smile at the girl in front of her. 

“You’re absolutely right Payal, she is looking absolutely stunning, isn’t it Arnav?” Anjali nudged her brother. Arnav looked at his sister, flabbergasted at her bold question. Here he was thinking of ways to get out and she was making him even more uncomfortable.

“Di, he obviously thinks so. He hasn’t stopped looking at her since she came down, right Bhai?” Akash quipped, earning another death glare from Arnav. Khushi blushed at his statement and went to the kitchen with the excuse of getting the tea.

Khushi served everyone tea and sat down beside Nani and answered all her questions diligently. She loved this woman. She was really sweet and caring. She asked her if she would like to be her daughter-in-law and Khushi blushed once again. This time Arnav noticed the colour rising on her cheeks and was mesmerised by the sight. She also talked to his siblings and she could see how close they all were, and how eager they were to know each and everything about her. Amidst all the conversations Arnav stayed silent observing his newest interest with curiosity.

“I think we should let these two talk alone.” Nani suggested

“Yes definitely. Khushi take Arnav to your room. I will send the tea upstairs.” Buaji said. 

Arnav was nudged and pushed by his siblings until he got up to follow Khushi; he turned around once to see his brother and Jijaji giving him thumbs up while their wives were winking at him shamelessly. He simply shook his head at their childish antics and followed her to the room. 

Khushi held the door open for him. Arnav looked around her room; he could see a small four poster bed in the middle with stars hanging from the frame and fairy lights were wrapped around the poles. There was a small desk adjacent to the bed with a computer on it and the wall opposite to the bed had a tree painted on it, and instead of leaves there were small Polaroid photographs stuck to the branches. There was a huge balcony on the other side of the bed which opened through a four-panel door in the room. The room was painted in shades of green and yellow and the wall beside the desk was covered with a large bookshelf which held numerous books. The room was smaller more stuffed than his but it definitely had a cozy feel to it.

“How much sugar would you like in your tea?” Her soft voice pulled him out of his musings.

“I don’t take sugar. I am diabetic.” Arnav said matter-of-factly.

He was diabetic. Khushi tried to process this new information. She being the daughter of confectioner couldn’t imagine her life without those mouth watering sweets she relished right from her childhood. She felt bad for him. He was deprived of one of the most beautiful things in the world. She saw him looking curiously around her room as if trying to memorise it.

“Oh okay.” She responded and handed him the cup. 

“So, what do you do?” Arnav finally asked.

“I own a cafe which I opened 2 years ago.” Khushi answered proudly.

“Wow that is great, so, what is your major?” Arnav asked

“I did my major in Literature from Mumbai.” Khushi replied.

“That is really amazing. So how did you think of opening a cafe? ”

“Actually it is not just a cafe. It is a library cum cafe, where people can spend time reading their favourite books and enjoy their favourite drink. I am planning to include open mike and music corner in a few months.” Khushi informed.

Arnav looked at her with awe. She was merely a year younger than him and had all her plans well prepared. Arnav liked the fact that she was an independent girl in spite of being the daughter of a rich businessman. He knew the importance of being self-reliant in this world and was really happy to know that she wasn’t one of those girls who only believed in splurging.

“Your plans are really fantastic. I must say you have given it a really good thought.” Arnav added.

Khushi could see he genuinely meant what he said and she felt a little proud of her achievements. She had wished the guy she was to meet to be accommodating about her work and her wish seemed to be granted.

“I have a pretty simple life. All my time passes with the cafe, my family and my books. Though you seem to have a very interesting life from what I have gathered from newspapers, magazines and TV interviews.” Khushi said chuckling.

“Well I hope they said good things.” Arnav said with a smirk.

“Well that is for me to know and for you to find out.” Khushi fired, giggling.

“I am a very private person but being in the fashion industry kind of ruins it, so I can’t really help it. Media, unwillingly, has become an unavoidable part of my life.” Arnav said.

Arnav didn’t know why he was telling her all this. He was never good with words and avoided small talks. Being a man of few words, this rant was a shocker even for him. His siblings would have fainted seeing him speaking like this.

“Maintaining privacy must be so difficult for you. Well being famous has its own perks and problems as well.” Khushi said.

“If you don’t mind, I would like to tell you something.” Khushi started cautiously.

“Yes please go ahead.”

“If we.. I mean if we do agree to get married to each other, I would want to continue going to the cafe. It is my dream and I can’t simply abandon it because of these societal responsibilities.”Khushi said in one go. She was waiting for his reaction with bated breath. Arnav looked at her with a blank face and then gave her a small smile.

“You don’t have to worry about it Khushi, even Payal works with us in the office. Working women aren’t a problem for us trust me.” Arnav could see the relief on her face and somehow he felt satisfied seeing her happy face.

Khushi gave him a bright smile. She couldn’t believe he agreed so easily. She had prepared a long argument in case he disagreed. 

“Thank you very much Arnav ji. I am really glad you agreed.” Khushi thanked him.

“Khushi before we really get into thinking about this relationship, I want to tell you that I am an extremely busy person, I work almost 10 hours a day. Time is something I am very short of. There may be times when I won’t be available and I know it gets frustrating because I have been hearing these complaints from my family for the last 4 years.” Arnav tried to sound as convincing as possible. 

Honesty was another point that she had come across in him. He, himself, told her that he may not be always available. He didn’t have to explain it but decided to tell her to avoid further misunderstandings. Her respect for him increased a tad bit more hearing his confession.

“I understand Arnav ji that you have to work. After all it is not easy to handle such a huge empire alone. I already figured that you may be a workaholic. I also tend to forget about time when I am at work.” She chuckled making him smile.

Both sat in the comfort of her room sipping tea and getting to know each other. Eventually both fell silent, lost in their own thoughts.

Arnav had a feeling that this could actually work. She didn’t have too many expectations and he would also get an understanding partner and they could work on the rest of the things later. He realized that she was independent, ambitious, considerate and not to forget extremely beautiful. He never had the time to give a thought to what he wanted his life partner to be like but if she was to be someone like Khushi, he would really want her in his life and in that instant he knew what his answer was going to be. He was nervous as to what her answer would be, because she had reasons to reject this proposal whereas he could hardly find any.

Khushi on the other hand was thoroughly impressed by him. He was honest, had no qualms about her wish to work after marriage and well looked really handsome. He had everything she had ever wanted in the guy she would marry.  The moment she mentally recited all his qualities, she knew what her answer was going to be. But she was nervous as to what his answer would be. His face hadn’t revealed much about what he was thinking. He masked his emotions really well, another aspect of him that she observed. Arnav Singh Raizada was really a muse for a keen observer like Khushi. She was enjoying the task of figuring him out. She could do this all her life.

How was it guys? Did you like my version of Arnav and Khushi? I know it was nothing dhamakedaar but I want to capture the innocence and thrill of an arranged marriage. Hope you guys liked it. Do like and leave your feedbacks. Again your words are the source of inspiration for me.

Edited by loquacious_soul - 3 years ago

Nice one

Both finding the qualities required in each other.. I feel this is going to be a journey starting from getting engaged, married n gradually falling in love.. as most arranged marriages..

Waiting for next part already

Love

Vandie 

Really nice both of them liked each other n are willing to spend their life together.