Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 3 years ago
Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

Cousins especially paternal cousins have always been treated like siblings in Hindu culture. Didn't Kans have a son?

Yep he had like 8/10 sons who Dau bhaiya killed while Kanha was settling scores with Mamaji.

Ok don't kill me for this, but if Kans was to die by the 8th child of Devaki, shouldn't Kans imprison her somewhere in complete isolation to ensure family planning instead of imprisoning her with her husband

Well let's just say Kans wasn't exactly the brightest pea in the pod. 😆

Also he DID love his sister, in whatever weird twisted way that he did.

Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: RamKiSeeta

No they were cousins. Devaki was the daughter of Prince Devaka, who was Ugrasena's younger brother. Whether one believes Kans is the biological son of Ugrasen or not, he and Devaki were still cousins, not siblings, but it is said Kans did love her like his real sister.

ok so Devki was biological daughter of Devak and kans' cousin.i was confused about this.

Edited by Lazybird_Silpa - 3 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Ok don't kill me for this, but if Kans was to die by the 8th child of Devaki, shouldn't Kans imprison her somewhere in complete isolation to ensure family planning instead of imprisoning her with her husband

From what I understand, Kans didn't consider newborn babies to be too big of a threat. Rather than leave the Akashwani's words in limbo, he wanted to ensure all 8 babies were born and killed by him personally. It was his way of ensuring that the prophecy never came true. Some versions of the epic state he more or less forced Vasudev and Devaki to have all eight children just so he could kill them. ðŸ¤¢ Which makes sense, because otherwise why would they become pregnant so many times after seeing their babies killed in front of their eyes? Any normal human being would stop having intercourse at that point because pregnancies, births and then the babies' killings would be too much trauma to handle.

Kans wasn't stupid. He was very crafty and twisted....basically a typical sociopath.

Sanskruthi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

What is the difference between rebirth and reincarnation?  I've my own theories but what you guys think? 

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: RamKiSeeta

From what I understand, Kans didn't consider newborn babies to be too big of a threat. Rather than leave the Akashwani's words in limbo, he wanted to ensure all 8 babies were born and killed by him personally. It was his way of ensuring that the prophecy never came true. Some versions of the epic state he more or less forced Vasudev and Devaki to have all eight children just so he could kill them. ðŸ¤¢ Which makes sense, because otherwise why would they become pregnant so many times after seeing their babies killed in front of their eyes? Any normal human being would stop having intercourse at that point because pregnancies, births and then the babies' killings would be too much trauma to handle.

Kans wasn't stupid. He was very crafty and twisted....basically a typical sociopath.

Oh that makes much sense. 

MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Lazybird_Silpa

ok so Devki was biological daughter of Devak and kans' cousin.i was confused about this.

This is actually covered in the deleted scenes from the show (I have a feeling this will be the trend with the majority of my contributions to the thread ðŸ˜†)

https://youtu.be/iRRwBdVA8jM?t=759

1st scene starts at 12:30 in the above clip - Before the political scenario of the Yadavs is introduced in Ugrasen's court, the Golok Radha asks Krishna how his parents are going to get together when their clans don't get along. In that conversation, she refers to Devaki as "Kans ki chacheri behen".

2nd scene is at 1:57 in this clip - the couple's horoscopes are checked, and the kulguru (not yet Garg, this was before they cast him) dodges a question about their future happiness and says that their union is for the good of the world. Ugrasen tells his brother Devak (who only appears in this wedding episode, although Devaki's mother does reappear--viewers of Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan may recognize her as Mandavi and Shrutkirti's mom):

https://youtu.be/b8cEUX0MSkw?t=117

I kind of really love the second scene for the very very light approach to foreshadowing... that kind of subtlety is lost nowadays.

MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: proteeti

Yup. 😊

Although you have this story floating around that a demon had assaulted Ugrasena's queen and Kamsa was born through that, but I don't really buy that story. 😆

That one's actually mentioned in quite a few puranas and is covered in... wait for it... the deleted scenes ðŸ˜† The kulguru from the above clips (now identified as Lomaharshan) goes to Maharishi Garg and expresses he's not getting the same positive vibes about Kans's wedding to Jarasandh's daughters which he's just been asked to officiate, and Maharishi Garg tells that story about Kans's true parentage. The story starts at the very beginning of this clip, but I would recommend starting with the beginning of the scene in the previous one--for me these Garg scenes where first Lomarashan and later Vasudev, Devaki, and Akrur pour their hearts out to him are a real hallmark of the show. For one, they showcase the beauty of the guru-shishya relationship, that ability to be open and vulnerable and ask the questions that plague you, no matter how they make you look. Second, his answers are a beautiful foreshadowing and practical demonstration of karmayog as explained in the Gita. Would love to discuss in detail once everyone has a chance to watch!

https://youtu.be/fVGNASX2W2E

Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: MagadhSundari

This is actually covered in the deleted scenes from the show (I have a feeling this will be the trend with the majority of my contributions to the thread ðŸ˜†)

https://youtu.be/iRRwBdVA8jM?t=759

1st scene starts at 12:30 in the above clip - Before the political scenario of the Yadavs is introduced in Ugrasen's court, the Golok Radha asks Krishna how his parents are going to get together when their clans don't get along. In that conversation, she refers to Devaki as "Kans ki chacheri behen".

2nd scene is at 1:57 in this clip - the couple's horoscopes are checked, and the kulguru (not yet Garg, this was before they cast him) dodges a question about their future happiness and says that their union is for the good of the world. Ugrasen tells his brother Devak (who only appears in this wedding episode, although Devaki's mother does reappear--viewers of Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan may recognize her as Mandavi and Shrutkirti's mom):

https://youtu.be/b8cEUX0MSkw?t=117

I kind of really love the second scene for the very very light approach to foreshadowing... that kind of subtlety is lost nowadays.

thanks for the clips.😊

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Believe it or not I watched that scene with Kamsa's birth on TV...I had forgotten about it, this brings back SOME memories. 😳

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Guys, was Putana still considered as the foster mother of Krishna just for feeding him once her poison? I mean, people widely consider Devika & Yashoda as his mothers but she is just regarded as an 'image of an bad mother'?

Edited by Meena_J - 3 years ago