Suvan OS: Call You Mine

Posted: 3 years ago

Suman sat across from Shravan on his bed excitedly talking about something as Shravan gazed at her. He still couldn’t believe that they had been dating for five months now. These have been the happiest months of his life. Initially, only Kanchan, Avni, and Bunty knew about them. But, his mom had found out about their relationship a couple of months back while the rest of the families still did not know. He had expected his mother to be upset but she was excited as she adored Suman. She promised to keep the secret to herself as she understood that this could change the equations between the families. 

There had been something on Shravan’s mind for a while but he was afraid to ask Suman as he wasn’t sure if she was ready to take their relationship to that level. He found it odd that they had been dating for a while yet they hadn’t officially come out as a couple at school. He wanted to show her off and let everyone know how lucky he was to have such an amazing girlfriend. Suman snapped her fingers in front of his face and he broke out of his thoughts. Shravan slowly said, “Hey Sumo, why don’t you go to school with me tomorrow instead of going on the bus?”

Suman looked at him nervously, “You mean together? On your bike?” 

Shravan gave her a confused look and said, “Yeah, just like how we go to other places together on my bike”. Shravan was confused as to why Suman was acting so odd. They went to coffee shops, stores, and lots of other places together on his bike then why was going to school a problem? 

Suman sighed, “Shravan, that’s different. But, going to school together...everyone will find out about us”. Suman didn’t want everyone to know about her and Shravan’s relationship yet. She wanted to keep it as their little secret. Shravan would often want to post pictures together on his social media but she didn’t like that either. Why is it necessary to tell the whole world? Isn’t their relationship supposed to be a matter just between them? 

Shravan felt a little irritated. “Why is school different? Would it be such a bad thing if everyone found out about us? Wait...are you ashamed of me?” Shravan felt hurt because he thought that Suman was embarrassed to acknowledge him as her boyfriend simply because he was a civilian. The army versus civilian culture in the school still prevailed but Suman always claimed that it didn’t matter to her. He thought that she had gotten rid of the thinking but, the truth was she never considered him as her equal.

Suman looked at him with shock. “What? No! That’s not the reason, Shravan!” She knew that Shravan felt insecure at times for being from a civilian background whereas she was from an army family. It annoyed her whenever he would bring it up. She admits, it did matter once upon a time but not anymore. But, she was also aware that if at school everyone found out about them, they would be the talk of the town. She didn’t want to be in the spotlight and have people gossiping about them. 

Shravan looked away and said, “I’ve noticed that you act differently at school versus when we are alone. Sometimes at school, you act as if I am nothing to you. Why don’t you just admit that you’re ashamed of me?” 

Suman sighed in frustration, “Just stop it, Shravan! That’s not true. Why is it so important for you to have everyone know that we are dating? Are we trying to prove something to someone?” Shravan has a different personality from Suman so she knew that there were going to be road bumps along the way in their relationship but she wouldn’t give up on him so easily. 

Shravan looked down and mumbled, “I just want us to publicly acknowledge our relationship. We’ve been dating for five months now! I know you value privacy and I, on the other hand, like showing off. But, I just want to tell everyone that I found the most wonderful girl in this world. I want to call you mine, Sumo”. 

Suman felt touched by his words and her heart melted. They had different personalities therefore, their way of expressing love was also different. Suman held his face and sighed, “Shravan, I’m not ashamed of you. Honestly, you make me so proud everyday by becoming a better version of yourself and there is no one else I’d rather be with. But, you know how the people at our school are, right? It doesn’t matter to me but they will make a big deal of an army girl and a civilian boy dating. I just don’t want to be involved in all that drama...and what if it affects our relationship?” 

Shravan nodded, “I agree, there could be some gossiping about us but I don’t think it would affect our relationship. I trust us. But, if you aren’t comfortable telling everyone yet, we won’t do it. I respect your decision. So, we’ll just keep things as they are right now. But, eventually will we tell everyone, right?”

Suman smiled, “Eventually...yes. Just not right now”. One of the things she liked about Shravan was how he wasn’t pushy and would try to understand her point of view. She sighed, “Another thing that I’m afraid of is that someone will tell our families. I don’t want them to find out from a third person. I would rather have us tell them first but…” 

Shravan eyes brightened up. “Actually, I was thinking this the other day. Both of us are serious about this relationship so I don’t think we should hide it from our families any longer. I feel like we are deceiving them. They send us out together thinking we are just friends when in reality we are much more than that. I know we don’t do anything we are not supposed to do but they still have the right to know”. 

Suman was taken back by Shravan’s words. He has changed so much only in a couple months. She giggled, “Wow, look at Fraud Malhotra feeling guilty about hiding things. I am such a good influence on you”. 

Shravan laughed, “That is very true that's why I'm not Fraud Malhotra anymore! Let’s tell our families together tomorrow”. 

Suman’s smile faded. She exhaled, “You are right but I think we should wait. Our families are very different. Your family is modern and Aunty even already knows. My family is very conservative compared to yours”.

Shravan frowned, “So? Your family knows me really well...we are good family friends”. 

Suman sighed, “You don’t understand. Things are different for you because you are a boy. I’ve never had a boyfriend before so all this would be new to my family. I don’t know if they will be comfortable with the idea of us being alone together”. 

Shravan understood what she meant and felt a bit awkward. He had always maintained a respectful distance from Suman because he didn’t want her to feel uncomfortable. They hadn’t even kissed yet because he didn’t want to force her to do something she wasn’t ready for. He took a deep breath and said, “Umm...I’m not like that...I would never…”

Suman seeing that he had misunderstood her, widened her eyes. “No! I didn’t mean it that way. I trust you and I’m sure our families would trust us too. But, it will be difficult for my family to get used to us being a couple”. 

Shravan bit down on his lip as he thought to himself. “Hmm...I think you’re right, Sumo. We should just let things be the way they are right now”. He looked at his watch and realized that it was way past the time Suman usually stayed at his home. “It’s getting late. Come on, I’ll walk you home”. 

Suman and Shravan interlocked fingers as they quietly walked together. Suman used to be confused as to why he would always walk her home even though she lived next door. Was he that worried for her safety? Did he think she couldn’t take care of herself? Then, she realized that he walks her home because he tries to spend more time with her. Even an extra second with her was valuable to him. Suman started to have second thoughts and turned to Shravan, “Actually, I think we should go to school together tomorrow”. 

Shravan shook his head, “No, we decided that this wasn’t the right time. I don’t want to rush you into something you’re not ready for. Good night, Sumo”. He smiled and he turned to leave. 

Suman’s heart felt like it would burst out of her love for him. She never thought that he would be so kind and considerate of her feelings. She called out to him and he slowly turned around. Suman took a deep breath and ran to him. She tiptoed and placed a soft peck on his cheek. She meekly said, “Good night, Shravan” and ran into her house. Suman felt too shy to look back at him as a blush crept up her cheeks. Meanwhile, Shravan stood frozen with his mouth open not believing what had just happened. Their first kiss. 

The next morning, Suman was frantically woken up by her mother. “Suman! You’re still sleeping? Get up! You will miss the bus”. Suman looked at her alarm clock. She had never overslept before. Kanchan was visiting her aunt otherwise she would have woken her up. Suman heard the bus stop nearby and started panicking as she’s never been late to school. Her mother looked out the window and said, “Shravan’s bike is still here. He hasn’t left yet. Call him and ask if he will take you to school with him”. 

Suman quickly called Shravan, “Can I go to school with you today?” 

Shravan was confused and slowly responded, “Good morning to you too. Also, we talked about this last night”. 

Suman groaned, “No, Shravan! You don’t understand! I overslept and missed the bus. I’ve never been late to school before”. 

“Oh! Okay, sure. I’ll be ready in ten minutes”, Shravan couldn’t help but laugh at the situation. 

Suman quickly ran out of her house as her mother yelled behind her that she didn’t have her breakfast. She saw Shravan and he stopped his bike in front of her house. She sat behind him and he handed her a paratha with jam wrapped in foil. She looked confusedly at him, “How did you know I didn’t eat breakfast”. 

He chuckled, “I know you well, Sumo” and started his bike. 

Suman felt frustrated as Shravan was driving slowly. She yelled, “We are getting late! Why are you so slow?” 

Shravan rolled his eyes, “You’re eating...what if you choke? Also, it’s not that big of a deal. I’ve been late so many times before”. 

Suman angrily replied, “But, I have perfect attendance! Just drive faster, I’ll be fine”. Shravan started driving faster but Suman was still frenzied. She squeezed his shoulders and yelled, “Faster!” 

Shravan sighed frustratedly, “Sumo, if I drive any faster, we will get into an accident and then neither of us will be able to go to school”. Suman quietly sat back down.

When they got to school, Suman looked at her watch and realized that class had already started. She felt annoyed as she watched Shravan slowly park his bike and walk nonchalantly as if he was in no hurry. She pulled his arm, “Hurry up! Class already started”. 

They stood in front of their class and Suman asked, “Sir, may we come in? We apologize for being late”. Suddenly, Shravan and Suman realized that the whole class was staring at them. Shravan looked down and saw that Suman was holding his hand so he gently wiggled his hand out of her hold. They both took their seats but the damage had already been done. They nervously exchanged glances as whispers grew around them. 

During lunch break, Anish asked Suman, “So, what is going on between you and Shravan?” Shravan was sitting at the table next to hers and he looked up. He went back to eating as he knew that she would say that they were nothing more than friends, as usual. She kept quiet and watched Shravan talking with his friends. But, she knew that his attention was on her. Anish said, “You know what people are saying? There are rumors that you and that good-for-nothing civilian, Shravan are dating. I know you have better standards than that so I-” Shravan looked up again and Suman saw the hurt in his eyes.

She couldn’t stay quiet anymore. “Actually Anish, what you heard is correct. Shravan and I are dating and we are very happy together. So, you don’t need to worry about us”. The cafeteria grew quiet as people started whispering again. Suman got up from her table and sat next to Shravan. He looked at her with shock as she grinned at him. 

When school ended, Suman saw Shravan pulling out his bike. She ran to him and said with a big smile, “Ready to go home?”

He gave her a confused look, “You aren’t riding the bus?” She shook her head and held his hand. He looked around nervously and whispered, “What are you doing? Everyone is watching us”. 

Suman looked into Shravan’s eyes and firmly said, “Let them watch, let them talk. I don’t care”. She moved closer and winked, “Jab pyaar kiya to darna kya (Why fear when you are in love?)”. Shravan grinned as he held her hand to help her sit on his bike. They drove off ignoring the judgmental looks and murmurs. Suman rested her cheek on his shoulder and tightened her arms around his chest. “You know, I’ve been thinking about this all day. I think you’re right. In the evening, let’s tell our families”. 

Shravan apprehensively asked, “Are you sure?”

Suman sighed, “I am a little scared but it’s the right thing to do”. 

Shravan smiled and patted her hand, “Don’t worry, you’re not alone. We will tell them together”. 

Her heart felt lighter after acknowledging their relationship. They didn’t have a reason to hide anymore. Why were they hiding their relationship in the first place? It’s not like they did anything wrong. She nuzzled her head into his neck and cutely asked, “Can we please get mawa jalebi before we go home?” 

He chuckled, “Of course, my Brigadier Sumo...anything for you. Also, about that kiss last night...” Suman turned pink recalling their first kiss and shyly hid her face into his back while he laughed at her. Her heart fluttered at hearing his laughter and she wished for only one thing - that they would remain like this forever.

------

A/N: Just a cute little idea that popped into my head. I really miss Suvan 😭 Please Comment/Like and let me know what you think! 

Edited by alina.b - 3 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

What a lovely OS Alina! ❤️

I could literally imagine them

Beautifully written. Loved how Shravan brought her breakfast knowing that she wouldn't have it. Suman accepted their relationship in front of the whole school

Kudos to your writing🥳

Wow its beautiful. Loved it very much. Waiting to see their dating phase in the serial. 

That was so cute and romantic at the same time☺️ Your OSs are a treat to the heart!

Originally posted by neeraja91

Awww❤️❤️❤️❤️

Thank you! I believe in the last OS I wrote, you asked if there would be a next part, I guess you could count this as the next part 😆

Originally posted by Pranushka_723

What a lovely OS Alina! smiley27

I could literally imagine themsmiley42

Beautifully written. Loved how Shravan brought her breakfast knowing that she wouldn't have it. Suman accepted their relationship in front of the whole schoolsmiley41

Kudos to your writingsmiley40

Aww Thank you Lavy!! I really hope they show Shravan doing sweet little things for her because small gestures say a lot. So, actually my thinking is very similar to Suman's in this OS. I really don't understand why people post couple pictures all the time on SM or do too much PDA...it seems so fake as if they are trying to prove to others that they are so in love. But, I get it...people express love differently and that what I wanted to show here. Moreover, Suman accepts their relationship because it was true and she didn't care what others thought anymore. 

Originally posted by Veenapain

Wow its beautiful. Loved it very much. Waiting to see their dating phase in the serial. 

Thanks! Me too! Ugh...I wonder if the dating phase would have already started if it weren't for corona 😭 I really hope that their dating phase is kept very innocent and sweet. I think having a pure, naive young love before separation would give more buildup and drama for when they meet again as adults. 

Originally posted by Bucky

That was so cute and romantic at the same timesmiley42smiley43 Your OSs are a treat to the heart!

Aww thanks, Bucky! I'm glad you liked it! I hope in the show they explore issues Suvan may face as new couples due to personality differences but above all they are understanding and accepting of each other. I miss our show 💔

This was lovely AlinaIt gave such SuVan vibes...the talented writers of our forum are the only relief in these times😭

Originally posted by Meena_J

amazing work dear !!

Thank you, Meena ❤️🤗

Originally posted by Vageeshwarics

This was lovely Alinasmiley42It gave such SuVan vibes...the talented writers of our forum are the only relief in these timessmiley19

Thanks, Vagee! I'm so happy to see more stories on this forum: Lavy, Bucky, and Does (Missing her 😭). Can't wait for our show to start again...till then we will have to rely on our imagination. 

Originally posted by Pranushka_723

What a lovely OS Alina! smiley27

I could literally imagine themsmiley42

Beautifully written. Loved how Shravan brought her breakfast knowing that she wouldn't have it. Suman accepted their relationship in front of the whole schoolsmiley41

Kudos to your writingsmiley40

Aww Thank you Lavy!! I really hope they show Shravan doing sweet little things for her because small gestures say a lot. So, actually my thinking is very similar to Suman's in this OS. I really don't understand why people post couple pictures all the time on SM or do too much PDA...it seems so fake as if they are trying to prove to others that they are so in love. But, I get it...people express love differently and that what I wanted to show here. Moreover, Suman accepts their relationship because it was true and she didn't care what others thought anymore. 

Yes I agree, some people prefer socializing a lot. It's their choice but understanding that someone doesn't is important. Frankly speaking, I am not in the favor of PDA, I love my privacy.

I'll love if the cvs read your OS and add such scenes.

P.S- I hope no one from the show reads the other thread😛

Originally posted by alina.b

Thanks, Vagee! I'm so happy to see more stories on this forum: Lavy, Bucky, and Does (Missing her 😭). Can't wait for our show to start again...till then we will have to rely on our imagination. 

Even I have a few ideas, but not able to write anything🤣

Originally posted by Vageeshwarics

Even I have a few ideas, but not able to write anything🤣

You should try Vagee! 

I will love to read❤️