Ek Duje Ke Vaaste 2

Suvan FF: Advices and Apologies *Chpt 11 (Pg.18)|Updt 20/07 *COMPLETED - Page 8

Bucky thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

This content was originally posted by: alina.b

Nice update, Bucky! Loved how Suman was worried about Shravan even though she's really sick. Kancha, the cupid...she truly is the best! Can't wait for the next update. I hope Suman is alright! I love the way you write, Bucky!! I really enjoy your stories

Thank you as always Alina🤗

The feelings are mutual buddy😉 Looking forward to your story's epilogue

Edited by Bucky - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bucky thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Veenapain

Awesome update. Loved how Suman worried for Shravan when Kanchan told her about sneaking Shravan at night. Also Shravan took notes only for Suman. Hope suman is alright. 

Thank you Veena🤗

Glad you enjoyed it!😳

Bucky thumbnail

Chapter 6

Shravan crossed his fingers whilst riding the bike through the blazing afternoon sun. He saw Kanchan doing the same behind him on the passenger seat.

Kanchan and Shravan reached the Tiwari bungalow and Shravan insisted on Kanchan going ahead while he left to find a spot on their driveway for his bike. Kanchan rushed in. Shravan carefully placed his backpack on the bike's seat and dashed off inside too.

Kanchan had left the door unlocked for him. He saw no one but Dumroo inside the shady living room which on all other afternoons used to be brimming with chai lovers on the dining table. On him beckoning an up signal, Shravan followed the stairs that lead to Suman's bedroom. He stood on the threshold since the room was blocked by the concerning selves of Vijay, Anjali, Dadu, Kancha's parents and Kanchan, who stood behind the lot. Shravan tried peeking through the gaps but could only see a blanket decked Suman and Anjali aunty pressing the ice-bag on her head. Tiwari khandaan was known for its quiet family gatherings but even then the assembled group sounded eerily silent to Shravan.

"The fever's not lowering, is it?" Shravan heard Vijay uncle speaking. 

"Lowered by a degree but it's still a 103 now. I don't know what to do. Dr. Shetty isn't picking up my call. Must be on duty", Anjali answered.

Understanding Shravan's confusion, Kanchan gave a quick heads up. "Dr. Shetty is an army medical officer; our family physician and friend and lives four houses away".

"Aren't the OTC medicines producing any effect?" Dadu questioned in a concern and it was a first for Shravan to see him in that state.

"I did administer the regular pills to Suman last night and then in the morning today. I hope its not malaria or dengue. Those ones have been causing havoc in the city lately" came Anjali's reply.

Shravan knew he had no time to waste. "I'll go and look for Dr.Shetty"

No one in the room had bothered to look around and take notice of Shravan. When they did, Vijay gave a slight nod and Anjali blinked her eyes, sort of in an appreciation.

"Right. But you don't know him. How shall you find him?"

"I can go with Shravan, Dadu." Kanchan replied.

"Right then. But don't forget to carry an umbrella", Vijay called after Shravan and Kanchan who had already exited the room in a hurry.

"Also drive safe", came in Dadu's orders.

Kanchan and Shravan circled around the house of the physician but their house help said he was out at the cantonment. Kanchan replied she didn't know the way to the cantonment as she had only been there either in Bade Papa's vehicle on in Sanjay Bhaiyya's.

"I know the way", Shravan gleamed. "I've been there loads of times".

The cantonment was a good 20 minutes away and Shravan could see Kanchan through the side-view mirror, irritably checking the watch on her hand every 2 minutes. Shravan hit the gas a little heavier and Kanchan gave a smack which meant to follow the traffic rules first.

They crossed the cantonment gate and Shravan was lightning quick to park his bike at the civilian reserved lot without anyone telling him to do so. He had been there far too many times to know the rules as well as his way through the place. Much to Kancha's amusement, he lead her through the uniform-wearing men.

"Must be around here somewhere. I remember seeing the doctors' board on this side of the cantonment", Shravan said checking the different sign boards that spread in and around the place. Seeing the sign, they entered the corridor where different army doctors had their clinics furbished.

They were able to spot Dr. Shetty's clinic room in under 2 minutes. Kancha and Shravan exchanged knowing smiles before entering the room.

A man who looked slightly over 45 was standing next to a nurse and instructing on some duties to be followed on a certain injured soldier.

"See to it that Officer Shergill doesn't over exert himself on the wound. The bullet wound needs to rest and heal."

It struck Shravan that he had never been inside a hospital let alone having to visit one on his own. Having to help Sumo had got him to do all kinds of unimaginable stuff which he wouldn't have done on any day for anybody.

Noticing the kids' presence in his clinic, the doctor lifted his head and upon seeing a familiar face in Kanchan, let out a smile. Shravan ushered her towards him intending to waste no time.

"Excuse me Sir, Kanchan wishes to speak to you. And it is kinda an emergency." Shravan spoke. Kanchan explained Suman's history throughout the previous day and her present situation as well. "A 104 you say", the doctor nodded in between and noted down the details on his pad.

"Right I shall come with you but I hope I make it back here on time"

"No worries doctor I could drop you on my bike if you're willing to too", Shravan responded in an instant.

"That's alright doctor", the nurse said interrupting the three. "I shall handle for an hour or two in your absence. You need not worry."

"Cool. Call me if you need anything here and I'll try to get back as soon as I can. I hope dear Suman does good and recovers hastily", Dr.Shetty said grabbing the stethoscope, his prescription pad and a suitcase. Shravan marveled at the suitcase he had seen all medical professionals carry.

Dr. Shetty followed him and Kanchan in his car and upon entering his dear friend's house, parked the car midway and stomped inside. Shravan and Kanchan followed lead.

The room with Suman, now seemed a little de-cluttered with only Dadu and Vijay standing and Anjali sitting. Dr.Shetty checked the pulse and other parameters and tried speaking to Suman. She was in a daze from the high temperature yet answered in low hushes.

"When...can I...go back to school...Doctor uncle?" Suman whispered and Shravan and Dr. Shetty broke out into an admiring smile.

"Within no time champ!", he spoke in a commanding tone and looked at Vijay. "You need not worry, Vijay. Feels like a viral one to me. All she needs is plenty of rest and fluids."

Suman gave a sheepish smile. "You don't feel its malaria or any of those , do you?", Vijay asked concernedly.

"I don't think. But I'll send someone in some time to draw out her blood for regular CBC and for other routine tests. The tablets I've given her should do the work in lowering temperature."

"We hope we didn't cause much disturbance to you", Dadu said with a pressed smile.

"Of course not Brigadier saab. In fact had it not been for Shravan, it could've been difficult to get me here. I had forgotten my phone at home and dashed away to the cantonment. Young chap even offered to drop me back on his bike", he ended with a laugh. And all three members looked at Shravan in awe.

Dr. Shetty had left on doing some formal duties and assured to send someone in for the blood assessment. He gave a quick pat on Shravan's arm before leaving and Shravan responded with a quiet thank you. Vijay lead him outside.

Reading Shravan's solemn reaction, Dadu spoke finally. "You can stay here if you want, Shravan. Suman will feel nice." and exited the room on kissing his granddaughter's head a get well soon. 

Anjali responded she could convey of Shravan's staying at the Tiwari's to Kavita and went downstairs to make some more soup and tea. When all the elders had left, Shravan wasted no time in sitting on the floor besides Suman. Kanchan noticed he had gotten two face masks from somewhere for them both to put on. She donned a place next to him and both waited for the nurse to arrive and for Suman to regain consciousness. 

---------------

A/N : I guess this is the soonest I've ever come up with an update! A new record I might add😆

I hope you enjoy this short chapter. The next one will have Shravan and Suman's proper conversation. Sorry for not including it in this one.

Take care and see ya soon :)

P.S. Dr. Shetty is my family physician in real life too and is the most jovial doctor I've ever seen. The ref was a little shout out to him and his hard work over the years😃

Chpt 7 - Pg. 12 | 29th June

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Uday_Shetty thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

I am first again!😎🥳

Awesome update!

Poor Suman😭!

Shravan turned into an ambulance for her😆

I love the way you portray his care!❤️

Glad that he is going to be near her!

Tiwari's are going to be super fond of him, especially dadu😆

Very well written!👍🏼

Can't wait for the next chap!

It's really very sweet of you to honor you doc in this way!👍🏼

Edited by Pranushka_723 - 3 years ago

Aww. Poor sumo. Shravan is SO sweet and thoughtful

Bucky thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: neeraja91

Aww. Poor sumo. Shravan is SO sweet and thoughtful

Glad you liked it Neeraja🤗

alina.b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Nice update, Bucky! Aww...Shravan is such a sweetheart! I'm sure he is now a hero in the eyes of the Tiwari Family! His concern and care for Suman is so pure! That was very sweet of you to give a shoutout to your Family Physician...I'm sure he must have played a big role for you to join the medical field! At the end, when you mentioned the face masks...my brain said wait...suman also has a fever...what if she has covid?? 😲

Veenapai thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 7

Wonderful update. Shravan is so sweet. He impressed tiwari's. He will be very happy to be near Suman.

Bucky thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Pranushka_723

I am first again!😎🥳

Awesome update!

Poor Suman😭!

Shravan turned into an ambulance for her😆

I love the way you portray his care!❤️

Glad that he is going to be near her!

Tiwari's are going to be super fond of him, especially dadu😆

Very well written!👍🏼

Can't wait for the next chap!

It's really very sweet of you to honor you doc in this way!👍🏼

Yayyy!! Thanks Lavy😳

I think Shravan would be too soft on the show too if Suman were to injure or hurt herself😳

Bucky thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: alina.b

Nice update, Bucky! Aww...Shravan is such a sweetheart! I'm sure he is now a hero in the eyes of the Tiwari Family! His concern and care for Suman is so pure! That was very sweet of you to give a shoutout to your Family Physician...I'm sure he must have played a big role for you to join the medical field! At the end, when you mentioned the face masks...my brain said wait...suman also has a fever...what if she has covid?? 😲

Thanks Alina!🤗❤️

Yes indeed he has had a great impact on my life👍🏼

@b 😆 Don't worry, won't give her covid