Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sambag thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

It was so amazing to read..every word , every sentence, the flow , the concept, the vocab, the scene in itself, so simple yet to fantastically written...would like to read loads of your writings.

Bucky thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Pranushka_723

It will be like read one get one free😆

Will love to read all your FFs!😳

Can't wait for your stories

Thanks Lavy!😳 That's so sweet of you to say!

Bucky thumbnail

Originally posted by: sambag

It was so amazing to read..every word , every sentence, the flow , the concept, the vocab, the scene in itself, so simple yet to fantastically written...would like to read loads of your writings.

Thank you so much!🤗

This honestly made my day. Thanks for dropping by. I love your stories too!👍🏼

The new chapter will be up shortly.

Bucky thumbnail

Chapter 2

It was the next morning. The sun shone brilliantly through the window pane. Shravan was up, in spite of his adventures through the night before. He noticed his mornings had come to begin quite early lately.

“Sumo”, he shook his head knowingly without letting the huge grin disappear from his face. 

He hurriedly wrapped the tie around his neck and exited the room on taking one last glance at his handsome self. A delicious looking Punjabi breakfast lay splayed across the dining table. His father was occupying the same chair he had for the night but this time a newspaper replaced the laptop hiding his small visage. Like Shravan, he too didn’t display any signs of a sleep hangover. 

“You up already? Honestly I didn’t think you’d make it before noon ”, the newspaper spoke. 

Shravan felt his father’s hurling insults were any day better than his raw sarcastic remarks. He mouthed a yes before taking his seat next to Devraj. The dishes were devoured so quickly that no soul would've believed they contained food up until ten minutes earlier.

“Oh for heaven’s sake, save some for Avani. You haven’t just returned from the Sahara you know!”, Devraj snapped. 

And the old Papa was back, thought Shravan.  He knew it was quite silly of him to imagine a benevolent Devraj like the previous night at all times. But he wouldn't complain cause he secretly liked his sense of humour, no matter who it was directed at. Shravan stared, then left to get his bike keys. He could’ve sworn seeing his father wink from the corner of his paper. “Have a great day Shravan”, Devraj called from behind and Shravan let out a happy smile.

The sun was out now and so were the bike and shades. It was still 7 and he was almost an hour early for school. Some of the cleaning staff spoke in whispers as he entered the classroom. Shravan Malhotra had never been early; to anything in his life. All army kids who ferried to and fro in school buses had occupied their seats within half an hour and their teacher in the next half. All but Suman. Shravan was growing increasingly restless of not having his Suman besides him. 

“What could be the reason? Sumo is never late. Could it be that she missed the bus? But she never does that. Or perhaps it's something to do with Vijay uncle?” His worries exacerbated with every thought.

“I’m sure it’ll be nothing. Mayhaps she's just gone for another early debate class. She's a multitasker after all”, he told himself.

“Suman Tiwari?”, his teacher called from behind the desk, who was now busy taking the roll call.

“Not present sir”, Devika answered from the first desk.

“What could’ve possibly happened! Arghhh I’ve been a fool to leave for school early today.”

He heard Anish and Devika discussing Suman too. Not that he wasn't willing to approach but perhaps no one knew why the girl maintaining a hundred percent attendance record on all other days was missing.

“Saheeb! Sahebb!”, Shravan whispered across the neighboring bench.

“What?”, came Saheb's reply, also in a hush.

“Have you seen Suman today? Do you know where she is?”

“No. I do not? I thought you would, since.... you’re her buddy and neighbour.”

Little did Saheb know that Suman had been deliberately avoiding him for the past few days and that it pierced his heart like glass.

The rest of the class was spent in jotting down math formulae and working through integral equations. Shravan had been doodling away weird patterns on his notepad instead of numbers and variables. Which in his opinion weren’t any different to the math equations. 

“So class!”, his Sir began as he was about to declare the end of his session for a subsequent recess.

“Our school has arranged a blood donation camp on Friday, the day after tomorrow. All those in good health shall register for the noble cause. Khuranna Sir has the stewardship. So everyone better co-operate”.

Shravan chuckled at the sentence. If there was any thing he dreaded in his entire life was needles. Not bridge jumps, not balcony sprints but sharp pointy needles! “There’s no way I’ll be signing up for it." “Suman would’ve danced her way to the camp though”, he smiled remembering her all-devouring enthusiasm for social causes.

As soon as the Sir had left, he exited the classroom to find Kanchan, irrelevant of the cold shoulder she had been giving him. She'd definitely know the reason behind Suman's disappearance, he thought.

Kanchan was seen after drilling through the crowd for a good while. 

“KANCHA! I mean Kanchan”, Shravan shouted after her. He was sure she had heard him since the group surrounding her had now turned their heads in unison to the jarring voice.

“What is it Shravan?” Kanchan was on speaking terms but had promised her sister of not going gaga over him until everything was well between the two.

“Suman?”

“Yes what about her?”

“Suman? Is she skipping school today? Is Vijay Uncle okay?”

“Yes she is. And Vijay Chacha is all hale and hearty. Touchwood. Anything else?”

"Umm..."

Kanchan was scurried away before Shravan could drift off from his thoughts into reality to answer.

He returned to the classroom with a poker face. “Is it because of me? Of course not Shravan!" , he tried alleviating himself. "Suman wouldn’t miss school for a silly reason.”

The rest of the school afternoon was boring like it had always been. But even more so due to a civilian kid missing his army buddy. For Shravan, her sole face was capable of making a good day from a mundane one.

The bell rang and Shravan took off like a rocket about to be launched off from Sriharikota. Only this time the projectile was hindered by a certain Bhopali. Shravan didn't have time for that; he had to get home to Sumo.

“Here’s a fool proof plan, Shravan!” Bhopali said gesturing a thumbs up.

Shravan frowned his brows to the summoning while still eyeballing the exit gate where his bike lay parked.

“I have signed you up as a volunteer for donating blood!” Bhopali said beaming through his teeth set. “No better way to shine in Suman's good books again, is there? "

"Now, where’s my thanks?”

“WHAT!” shrieked Shravan instead.

---------

A/N : Apologies for not updating earlier. My sickness had me all tied up. Felt as if I was stalling forever. 

Have promised to self to update the rest in quick successions since I already have them half-cooked. Hope you guys haven't forgotten the last write-up.😃

Writing an FF parallel to this but won't release it until this one has my full attention and is done with.

Anyway you know the drill. Keep me in your good wishes. And do let me know how you're liking them😊

Next Chapter (Chpt 3)

Edited by Bucky - 3 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

alina.b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Wonderful update! I loved it! I really adore the relationship between Shravan and his dad. It's very sweet. I hope they show this in the show too. But I am also curious, where is Suman?

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

awesome job ...i love how you show family relations, friendships and it is very nice

Uday_Shetty thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Nice update Bucky!

Well written chapter!👍🏼

The bond between Shravan and Devraj is beautiful! Shravan went to school early😲 #sumaneffects😆

But where did Suman go?

Can't wait to read the next chapter!

Bucky thumbnail

Originally posted by: alina.b

Wonderful update! I loved it! I really adore the relationship between Shravan and his dad. It's very sweet. I hope they show this in the show too. But I am also curious, where is Suman?

Will disclose it in the next😉

Thanks for liking it Alina🤗

I'm having a hard time editing stuff. You guys manage it so well. Mera kuch na kuch faux pas reh hi jaata hai😆 Just fixed some

Edited by Bucky - 3 years ago
Bucky thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meena_J

awesome job ...i love how you show family relations, friendships and it is very nice

Thanks Meena. 

I guess I become too particular about dialogues at times and hence the unnecessary long times for an update

But I'm so glad you're liking them🤗 

Bucky thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pranushka_723

Nice update Bucky!

Well written chapter!👍🏼

The bond between Shravan and Devraj is beautiful! Shravan went to school early😲 #sumaneffects😆

But where did Suman go?

Can't wait to read the next chapter!

Thanks Lavy babu😳

Will pakka bring in Suman in the next😉

I feel I'm going too short with my updates. I hope it isn't bothersome