Farhan Akhtar is one of the underrated directors?

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

His 'Dil Chahta Hai' is a cult film, and redefined friendship for an entire generation. His 'Lakshya' is an underrated gem, and boasts of Hrithik's finest performance. His 'Don'was a slick, well-made masala film which garnered positive audience reaction. Don2 in my opinion is a good heist movie.( Definitely way better than Happy new year).

Do you guys think he is one of the underrated directors? Is his direction talked about less than his acting ( though he's a good actor as well)? 

Speaking of myself, I have enjoyed each and every one of his movies. I believe each one was vastly diff. from the other, and yet, has his signature touch. Each movie had something special about it. Though Lakshya failed at the b.o., I consider this his finest work. It talks about a directionless generation, and is technically a polished and refined product. I also think it can be watched both as a war film and as a normal, middle-class drama.

Is the fact that Farhan is a multi-tasker and man of many talents take away from people appreciating his skills as director and taking him more seriously?

Discuss.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mintyblue thumbnail

was listening to this song today. So bloody underrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DMF0U6xV78

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Dil Chahta Hai was good. Everything else was average 

mintyblue thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Dil Chahta Hai was good. Everything else was average 

Unpopular opinion, but I feel Lakshya was better than DCH👍🏼

Ennuyi thumbnail

But usko toh hero banna hai 

Nostalgia-02 thumbnail

I haven't followed his career very much. I guess he doesn't stand out like the other big stars. 

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I never watched Lakshya but I have seen few critics say that was his best directed film

Rosie_Marco thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Dil Chahta Hai was his best.

DushtKanya thumbnail

Yeah he's quite underrated as a director.

I think Dil Chahta Hai was his most entertaining film, but Lakshya was so beautifully crafted and Hrithik was so good in it.

Originally posted by: DushtKanya

Yeah he's quite underrated as a director.

I think Dil Chahta Hai was his most entertaining film, but Lakshya was so beautifully crafted and Hrithik was so good in it.

I am sure I am in the minority but in both the movies if he had toned down Preity’s characters a notch or two down, the movies would have been all the more better- especially Lakshya where she literally bores me to tears every time she shows up and starts her preaching!😭😆