Actors pay last respects to Rishi Kapoor - Page 5

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by anjs

can i put my narrow minded thoughts here and say that Rishi was an insider, sort of Bollywood's first family member.....compared to Irrfan who was an outsider and made it out of sheer talent..... sad but true i guess

Narrow minded or openminded, that sounds about right! Khair, jaane do!

Originally posted by cricketfan1

Just yesterday none of them showed up citing the excuse of rules but today suddenly they found a way to be there....It all ultimately narrows down to how much you want to be there- at least for these rich and privileged!

Its unfair to accuse them like that Kareena and Saif are family. Kareena's frail father lost his brother if she would not be there for him then who will be? Karishma gave it a miss and just paid tributes on SM. Out of two kids of Rima one attended with his wife. Nanda family is in Delhi so Abhishek represented them. The only outsiders in this were Ayan, Rohit Dhawan and Anil ambani.

Irrfan was surrounded by his friends n wellwishers too in his final journey its just that most of them are not well known faces. Its not Rishi's fault that large part of his family is well known.

can i put my narrow minded thoughts here and say that Rishi was an insider, sort of Bollywood's first family member.....compared to Irrfan who was an outsider and made it out of sheer talent..... sad but true i guess

Or maybe abhi rohit were there because they are ranbir s childhood buddies and even amitabh and rishi are friend while irrfan was a colleague. In this situation of panic you will obviously give more priority to family then colleague now Will you not ??? 

Irrfan was surrounded by his close family members so why is it wrong in rishi Kapoor s case??

Just my narrow minded thought 

Edited by Poorabhforever - 3 years ago

can see that the whole world will be irresponsible but your venom is directed only to one person.....any personal equation with him ??

OT : highly irresponsible of Abhishek and Aishwarya to do so after advertising themselves as the most nobel citizens of India... yes the government has acted wronly, but i wont blame just one person....

Ugghh... Aishwarya isn’t there. She wasn’t even in the car..that’s Armaan Jain and his wife /gf.

I thought it was irresponsible of Abhishek as well but now that I think of it, bachchans are like extended relatives of the Kapoor family. It might have looked inappropriate had they not attended. 

Besides the rule of 20 people attending funerals is for common people as well. Why are people here complaining of only the rich and privileged being favoured ? 

Originally posted by MercurialMedusa

Its unfair to accuse them like that Kareena and Saif are family. Kareena's frail father lost his brother if she would not be there for him then who will be? Karishma gave it a miss and just paid tributes on SM. Out of two kids of Rima one attended with his wife. Nanda family is in Delhi so Abhishek represented them. The only outsiders in this were Ayan, Rohit Dhawan and Anil ambani.

Irrfan was surrounded by his friends n wellwishers too in his final journey its just that most of them are not well known faces. Its not Rishi's fault that large part of his family is well known.

Ok...just got to know about the 20 people rule...So may be it was ok and my previous post comes from being uninformed about the rules...My apologies!

Originally posted by cricketfan1

Ok...just got to know about the 20 people rule...So may be it was ok and my previous post comes from being uninformed about the rules...My apologies!

🤗

The comparison is disrespectful. The entire industry seemed genuinely disheartened at Irrfans passing. Are we actually going to turn this into an insider vs outsider debate ? Most of Rishis relatives are part of Bollywood and that’s why it stands out more. Irrfans friends from the industry also turned up. But theyr not as well known as Rishis friends/relatives. Vishal bharadwaj, Tigmanshu Dhulia, Kapil Sharma and a few others were there at Irrfans funeral.

Rishi Kapoor had more of a turn out because for a lot of people he’s there family friend for decades. It’s not the same as an Irrfan. I don’t see anything wrong with it. If you’ve been friends with someone since the 70’s  or since you were born..... I can understand why they would go 

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 3 years ago

Originally posted by AllThatCritique

Don't they all live in the same house? They are quarantining together cause they were all gathered on thali bajana day on the rooftop. 

Thali bajana happened before the actual lockdown. Tab self-quarantine kar rahe the log, ghar se nikal bhi rahe the chup ke yahan wahan jaa bhi rahe the. Toh govt. ek din ke liye curfew deke us din thaali bajane bola sab ko... uske kuch din baad real lockdown hua. Toh thaali bajane ne ke liye ek ghar mein gaye the shayad.

Edited by zoinks - 3 years ago

Its not narrow mindedness but its also not a bad thing either. He was not only an insider but very closely related to many.If not related they have like decades of association with him to form such deep bonds. That counts more than knowing Irrfan for few years. Soit doesn't surprise me that they will do more for him than Irrfan in such situations. I guess it all boils down how emotionally u r attached to someone. So family and close friends are always your priorities.