Writers Corner: Books, Stories & Poems

|| Writers Corner: Members Introduction || - Page 2

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Name: Neha

Interests/Hobbies: Reading, writing, doodling

Do you write on the forum?: Yes! 

Reshimbandh is ongoing and there are a few others in Arjun forum. OS Drunken Diaries is a collab based on Doctor Who and Good Omens!

Favorite Books : Looking for Alaska

Chronicles of Narnia

there are a lot others as well

Authors: Agatha Christie

Sidney Sheldon

Terry Pratchett

V D Savarkar

and a lot others

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PehliDafaHai thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Name: Shreya

Do you write on the forum?: I used to.

Interests/Hobbies: Reading, Writing, Swimming

Favourite Books: Okay this is difficult to answer but I will try and remember

1) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince by J.K Rowling. I love the series in general but these two are the ones I reread the most! 

2) I absolutely love The Shining by Stephen King. Other favourite thrillers are The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie, Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris, Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte P Gilman! 

3) Favourite romances include The Hating Game by Sally Thorne, The Bad Boy, Cupid and Me, Vicious by LJ Shen, Beach Read by Emily Henry, You Deserve Each Other by Sarah Hogle, The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren. 

4) I absolutely love A Song Of Ice And Fire by GRRM but my favourite by far is A Storm Of Swords. The Six Of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo and The Folk of the Air trilogy by Holly Black is truly exceptional and I can't get enough of either of them! The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins is also a classic and a favourite! 

5) The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by TJ Reid and The Honest Truth by Dan Gemeinhart are also my favourites! 

The list just keeps on growing. 

Uday_Shetty thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Name: Lavanya(Lavy)

Birth Date: 20th August

Interests/Hobbies: Reading, gardening, cooking, swimming

Do you write on the forum?: Yes, EDKV2 Forum

Favorite Books/Authors: Pride and Prejudice, Sherlock series, Oliver Twist and many more

Arthur Conan Doyle, Ruskin Bond, Jane Austen

melodyofflowers thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Name: Aditi

Birth Date: 16th july

Interests/Hobbies: writing, reading and sketching

Do you write on the forum?: Yes. 

Favorite Books/Authors: wings of fire/ Ruskin bond

Edited by beingaditij - 3 years ago
EuphoricDamsel thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago

Name:  Ritu 

Birth Date: 18 June 

Interests/Hobbies:  Dancing, Music, Reading, Writing and Cooking on certain Occasions 😳

Do you write on the forum? : I do. I've been on IF for a long time and have written on various couples over the years. This place has always been a safe haven and I've loved interacting with fellow readers and writers that I've met up until now.   

Favorite Books/Authors:  I can't name one favourite book or author but I'll select some of my absolute favourites here - Jefferey Archer, Jodi Picoult, Judith McNaught, Agatha Christie, John Grisham and Ken Follet are some of the Authors that have mesmerised me at some point in life, currently I'm on Dame Agatha Christie Spree and am reading 'The ABC Murders'.

Some of the books that I absolutely recommend EVERYONE who ask me for recommendations are:-

• Archer - The Prisoner of Birth ; False Impression ; Clifton Chronicles series 
  • Grisham - A Time To Kill ; The Confession 
  • Christie - Mysterious Affair At Styles ; The Murder Of Roger Ackroyd 
  • McNaught - A Kingdom Of Dreams
  • Follet - A Dangerous Fortune 
  • Picoult - My Sister's Keeper ; Handle With Care ; Picture Perfect

Special Mentions : Looking For Alaska (John Green) , Coma (Robin Cook) , Micro (Michael Crichton) , The Unwanted Wife (Natasha Anders) , The Viscount Who Loved Me ( Julia Quinn) and Saving Grace (Julie Garwood). 🤗 

dinazz thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 2

Name: Dinazz

Birth Date: 27 Sept

Interests/Hobbies: Reading fiction, non-fiction, and fanfictions/ Writing poems, drabbles, haiku, OS.

Do you write on the forum?: Yes! occasionally

Favorite Books/Authors: hmm... J. K. Rowling (Harry Potter), Dan Ariely, and a few more whose names I can't remember at the moment😆

sorry wrong thread

Edited by smoothiemaven - 1 years ago
Sutapasima thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: EuphoricDamsel

Name:  Ritu 

Birth Date: 18 June 

Interests/Hobbies:  Dancing, Music, Reading, Writing and Cooking on certain Occasions 😳

Do you write on the forum? : I do. I've been on IF for a long time and have written on various couples over the years. This place has always been a safe haven and I've loved interacting with fellow readers and writers that I've met up until now.   

Favorite Books/Authors:  I can't name one favourite book or author but I'll select some of my absolute favourites here - Jefferey Archer, Jodi Picoult, Judith McNaught, Agatha Christie, John Grisham and Ken Follet are some of the Authors that have mesmerised me at some point in life, currently I'm on Dame Agatha Christie Spree and am reading 'The ABC Murders'.

Some of the books that I absolutely recommend EVERYONE who ask me for recommendations are:-

• Archer - The Prisoner of Birth ; False Impression ; Clifton Chronicles series 
  • Grisham - A Time To Kill ; The Confession 
  • Christie - Mysterious Affair At Styles ; The Murder Of Roger Ackroyd 
  • McNaught - A Kingdom Of Dreams
  • Follet - A Dangerous Fortune 
  • Picoult - My Sister's Keeper ; Handle With Care ; Picture Perfect

Special Mentions : Looking For Alaska (John Green) , Coma (Robin Cook) , Micro (Michael Crichton) , The Unwanted Wife (Natasha Anders) , The Viscount Who Loved Me ( Julia Quinn) and Saving Grace (Julie Garwood). 🤗 

With Warm regards you are welcomed dear Ritu .

please do share a few creations here . 

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
This content was originally posted by: Sutapasima

With Warm regards you are welcomed dear Ritu .

please do share a few creations here . 

Awww Sure...just posting two pictures below for reference.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYraSG8Bqjh/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CifPQcwpI4b/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

PS : Tagging two of my buddies and Madhu because she likes the previous post 😳❤️

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Ahh AC is my favorite too!  I’ve tried so many mystery authors on my librarian’s recommendation- whodunits even. No one comes close! She remains Queen!  ⭐️

Edited by LizzieBennet - 1 years ago