RS' Ramayan: Character of the Week #2

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 3 years ago

Another week, some more excitement!

Although the lock-down isn't up yet, and we humans are still stuck with the pesky virus: the Earth is finally finding some time to heal. Hence rejoice!

Here we come, to take you back to whimsical beauty of the Land of Ramayana!

Here comes this week's:

A gentle reminder of our aim:

Every week, one supporting character (i.e. excluding Ram, Seeta and Lakshman, or say, Ravana) will be given and we will all take a trip down our memory lanes and discuss, appreciate and scrutinize the overall presentation of the character in the show as well as his/her relevance/appearances in the actual epic.

Rules

Just like every other thread out here there will have to be some rules:

smiley27 Please follow IF COC at all times smiley27

smiley27 Please do not compare the characterization/acting/presentation of the characters with their counterparts from any other version of Ramayana smiley27

smiley27 Please do not discuss in any shape or form the offscreen/personal life of the characters mentioned smiley27

Phew!

Now lets roll over to the actual part of this thread now!

The character for this week would be

*drumrolls*

*more drumrolls*

Yuvaraj Meghnaad-Indrajeet

https://i.imgur.com/iwbtOtm.gif

The beloved crown prince of Lanka, and the favourite son of Ravana!

Get on rolling guys!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

So firstly about the actor, he was completely amazing. I was in for a surprise when he was introduced as I instantly recognized him as the Yaadon ki baarat guy😆

I love this scene of Meghnad and Ravana when he's leaving for the last war. He knows he's gonna die but being the dutiful son he was, he didn't step back from trying to save his father's honour. And the thing he desired the most - shoorveeron waali veergati. And even Ram did pay his respect to him by covering him with his angavastra😳

His last samvaad with Mandodari was always heart touching ❤️

I enjoyed every bit of his scenes, specially Lakshman waale😳

PS: Pro that sig is AMAZING 

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

He was probably the first proper anti-hero character in our epics. 👏

And @Mahi thenks! 🤗

MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Oof Vijay Arora was swag personified in this role 😍 a perfect counterpart for Sunil Lahri in the battle scenes. My favorite moment was his final SCREAM at his dad who made the mistake of calling him a coward... if only he directed his anger at him earlier and more often :/

Horizon566 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Vijay Arora was class apart as indrajit and he showed various shades of his personality like respectful son,arrogant warrior and Yuvraj and sweet husband.I really liked his "pitaji" and he was quite suitable against Sunil lahiri's"lakshman"

DamRyeong thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

VA as Meghnaad is my second most favourite from RS Ramayana.

He really set high bars for Meghnaad's performance. Expressions, dialogue delivery, attitude. He carried himself really well in this character. His scene during Angad-Ravan Samvad was very small- lifting the foot. But in that scene itself he delivered lot of emotions really well- the transition from pride, to surprise, shocked then anger, frustration, embarrassment. 

as for the character, he was indeed a strong competitor to our Lakhan-laal.

The best part about Meghnaad was that unlike his father he was a loyal and proud husband, son, and citizen. He loved his country and fulfilled his responsibilities in each manner.

He didn't die for Ravan or his fake pride or Ravan's lust for maiyya but for his country and his duties towards his father.

I never thought of him as a supporting character. He literally came to the battlefield more than Ravan and he never left defeated until his last war. The fact that his wife supported him not out of Patni-dharm but because of his loyalty; is indeed a big deal.