Mahabharat

Your thoughts on.... Mahabharata?

.Lonewalker. thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Okay, let's discuss it πŸ˜† What is your opinion about Mahabharata? Do you think it was a fiction? Or do you consider it to be a historical account of events that actually took place?

Seeing places like Hastinapur, Indraprastha, Mathura, Gandhar.... etc actually existed, now we know that even Dwarika also existed, I feel few parts of it might be true events that took place. The base plot, i.e, the bloody fight for throne & the dharm vs adharm situation were true story. But it has been fictionalized with fictional characters & their backstory and the whole story has been modified & exaggerated a lot. Like today's historical fictions where authors take up an historic event & put in their creative input & write a captivating story, Mahabharata was also one such historical fiction, first told thousands of years ago by Vyasa.

What is your opinion? Let's discuss πŸ˜³

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Armu4eva thumbnail

That's an interesting way to look at things. I do believe that not just the historic places including the famed Kurukshetra existed but the great sage Ved Vyas took references from real life happenings to create an epic that will represent a society with it's good and  bad, it's conflicts and ultimately inspire them to strive to do the right thing. I really love what Mukesh Khanna once said to describe Mahabharat- everything that exists in the world is in Mahabharat and if it's not in Mahabharat then it doesn't exist. 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I think it’s a historical account and not a work of fiction. πŸ˜Š

Priyapriyu thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

Mahabharat and Ramayan are our history....not just an epic....

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Mahabharata (and also Ramayana) are Itihas. 

I definitely think that they were the actual events in history but it had a lot of fiction of miracles added to it as time progressed 

Yashikha16 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Well, it actually existed... and personally i believe that, the actual story was distorted and that there are scientific facts to the "magic" which happened in Mahabharat...