YRF says all their movies will have theatrical release

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

Sandeep Aur Pinky was filmed 3 years ago. They had to delay the release because Parineeti and Arjun had a beyond awful outing with Namaste England. They wanted to wait for them to rebuild their public persona's again, but I suppose Parineeti's other films either didn't work (Jabariya Jodi) or were delayed themselves.

I was honestly expecting this film to release on Netflix last year when the same happened to DRIVE. 

So YRF are really saying they will wait another 6 or 8 or 10 months or more to release this cursed film? 4 years since it began principle photography? Ain't nobody gonna be here for that. Put it on YouTube ffs.

Originally posted by Rekha_ji

Sandeep Aur Pinky was filmed 3 years ago. They had to delay the release because Parineeti and Arjun had a beyond awful outing with Namaste England. They wanted to wait for them to rebuild their public persona's again, but I suppose Parineeti's other films either didn't work (Jabariya Jodi) or were delayed themselves.

I was honestly expecting this film to release on Netflix last year when the same happened to DRIVE. 

So YRF are really saying they will wait another 6 or 8 or 10 months or more to release this cursed film? 4 years since it began principle photography? Ain't nobody gonna be here for that. Put it on YouTube ffs.

Are you sure about this? I remember reading AC aka Mr India was super unhappy with the way the film shaped up? He ordered reshoot and re-edits.

For a lot of films theatrical releases are a must by design. But crap like Sandeep aur Pinky Faraar should be dumped on netflix. They would be desperate for content soon enough with the stalled productions.

They are adamant about theatre release so that it can fetch a good satellite deal. Lots of small budget films doing token theatre releases despite the fact that no one will come to the theatres so that they get a better deal later on. Releasing only on OTT would mean that they won't get satellite deal. So theatre is best since they will get both satellite and OTT deal like that.

Like it is mentioned in the article, for TV channels, a theatrical release is a must for satellite rights. This article is quite detailed and I finally understood why so many films without any promotion or anything get released in theatres.