Shambhuk Hanuman ji and Vedas

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

Can someone help me understand this

As per Ramayan Hanuman ji and his species weren't humans but Vanars (not sure what that meant some people have now started saying that they were Neanderthal) yet Hanuman ji reciting Vedas and speaking in Vedic Sanskrit didn't cause any to the kingdom (he spoke that way when he first encountered Ram n Lakshman) but when Shambhuk recited Vedas it resulted in the premature death of a Brahmin kid. 

So do we relate it? Were the Shudras even below Vanars or non humans?

Originally posted by FlauntPessimism

Can someone help me understand this

As per Ramayan Hanuman ji and his species weren't humans but Vanars (not sure what that meant some people have now started saying that they were Neanderthal) yet Hanuman ji reciting Vedas and speaking in Vedic Sanskrit didn't cause any to the kingdom (he spoke that way when he first encountered Ram n Lakshman) but when Shambhuk recited Vedas it resulted in the premature death of a Brahmin kid. 

So do we relate it? Were the Shudras even below Vanars or non humans?

As much as I know acc. to manu smriti all people are born shudra and only after they learn and work they become kshatriya and brahmin but over the years this system became hereditary and untouchability began.So shudras are humans only and this story is interpolation because of the citations of valmiki ramayan(posted by one member of the forum) in which it is written that in ram rajya there was no premature death and in next section this story is written.Moreover shabari was also of low caste and ramji gave her knowledge of bhakti yog and also lakshmanji gave sermons to nishadhraj about life and illusion.Also when Valmikiji uttered curse with rhyme then Brahmaji appeared and told him that he gave him this knowledge so that he can write ramayan in shlok.Also along with hanumanji, even jambvantji was well versed in Vedas etc. and they were well respected.Moreover u will hear this story only from devdutt like researchers.This story is covered in movie called teesri aazadi but there they didn't tell about shabari, nishadhraj and Valmikiji.

^^^ Agreed to the above point, I saw that thread and the posts made in it are true to the core, but if we say that Uttar Ramayana is an interpolation then the start of Ramayana where Luv Kush are being told the story of Ram Sita becomes confusing because if Ram n Seeta are together ruling over Ayodhya why are their kids in Valmiki Ashram! Shouldn't they be taught by Vashishth muni as their ancestors?

But still the behaviour of Ramji seems different from the earlier parts

Originally posted by FlauntPessimism

^^^ Agreed to the above point, I saw that thread and the posts made in it are true to the core, but if we say that Uttar Ramayana is an interpolation then the start of Ramayana where Luv Kush are being told the story of Ram Sita becomes confusing because if Ram n Seeta are together ruling over Ayodhya why are their kids in Valmiki Ashram! Shouldn't they be taught by Vashishth muni as their ancestors?

But still the behaviour of Ramji seems different from the earlier parts

Not entire kand is an interpolation but few parts are.