B R Chopra's Mahabharat

Arjuna and Abhimanyu vadh

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 3 years ago

I want to know and understand why after abhimanyu vadh arjuna s main target was jaydharth whose role in this scenario was to not let pandavas helps abhimanyu. And later when he came to drona who actively plotted in his son s death arjuna was hesitating. There is even an entire sequence of him abd satyaki rebuking drishtdyum for killing drona unfairly. Why only jaydharth why not drona or duryodhan or anybody else ?? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

I think the rules of war were such that everyone in the inner circle could kill the ones who entered the Chakravyu. That was deemed Adharma because the killing was Brutal but still that was how the wars took place and people are against each other 

Jaidrath however was only trying to stop Arjun and was not actually directly combating him thereby causing the delay for him to reach the Chakravyu spot.

That might have been considered the real reason for death

Just my POV

CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

He was the reason Arjun could not reach the Chakravyuh part on time. Arjun was not angry because his son lost his life. This was a war and anyone can lose their lives. He knew that. He was angry because he could do nothing to protect his son and also because his son was killed my unfair means, but that came later. At that point the anger fell on Jayadrath because he was the reason Arjun could not even attempt to protect Abhimanyu. 

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

It was actually the Pandavas that Jayadrath stopped, not Arjuna. Arjuna was led elsewhere in battle. The other four Pandavas were tasked with protecting Abhimanyu and when he decided to go into Chakravyuha, they promised to follow him to even the playing field (as there were many Kauravas inside the Chakravyuha). Jayadratha stopped them from entering and thus Arjuna swore revenge on him, because he was the main reason his son was forced to fight alone.

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by: Poorabhforever

I want to know and understand why after abhimanyu vadh arjuna s main target was jaydharth whose role in this scenario was to not let pandavas helps abhimanyu. And later when he came to drona who actively plotted in his son s death arjuna was hesitating. There is even an entire sequence of him abd satyaki rebuking drishtdyum for killing drona unfairly. Why only jaydharth why not drona or duryodhan or anybody else ?? 

I never got this either, and I mentioned it in the ⭐️Mahabharat thread when it ran.  Forget the serials, even in the epic, I didn't get that.  Jayadrath had a role of preventing the crack in the chakravyuha being ripped apart, so even though Abhimanyu went thru, it was his job to ensure that that didn't result in the vyuha getting ripped apart, so that Drona could continue his advance.

Abhimanyu was ultimately killed by Dushashan's son in a mace combat while he was still unconscious, so the outrage at his death should have been directed at him, and after him, those who disarmed Abhimanyu, such as Drona, Karna and Ashwatthama.

As for your last question, when Karna and Duryodhan were about to be/killed, they were both reminded by Krishna about how they had surrounded Abhimanyu in violation of combat rules, and therefore had no grounds to complain about being killed unfairly.  Satyaki-Dhrishtadyumna's argument was even more surreal: Dhrishtadyumna killed Drona not knowing that he had already passed away, and thinking that if Drona was undeceived, he'd become even more dangerous and there would this time really be no stopping him.  Satyaki, otoh, killed Bhurishrava after the latter's arm had been cut off and he sat in a meditation pose: in this case, it was clear that Bhurishrava was no more a threat to Satyaki or anyone else

HearMeRoar thumbnail

When jayadrath was captured in his attempt to abduct Panchali, the younger Pandavas were given 2 choices.

1. Yudhishtira told them to let Jayadrath go as he was their sister's husband.

2. Panchali told them to kill Jayadrath.

the following is from CE, Vol 3

Yudhishthira replied, “O mighty-armed one! Though he is evil in his soul,Saindhava does not deserve to be killed. We must think of Duhshala and the illustriousGandhari.” On hearing these words, Droupadi was agitated. Though bashful, she angrilyspoke to Bhima. The wise one addressed her husbands, Bhima and Arjuna. “If you wish to dosomething that brings me pleasure, kill that wretch of a man. Saindhava is wicked, evil in hisintelligence and brings ill fame to his lineage. An enemy who carries away one’s wife, thoughthere is no cause for enmity, or steals the kingdom, should not be allowed to live, even if hecraves pardon in battle.” Having been thus addressed, the two tigers among men went tosearch for Saindhava. The king returned with Krishna, together with the priest

Panchali was correct because Jayadrath would've repeated the crime. But worse than Yudhishtira were the younger Pandavas who decided to split the difference and humiliated Jayadrath. 

In this light, imagine Arjuna learning Jayadratha was the one who prevented help from reaching Abhimanyu. The psychology behind it was likely extreme guilt/if-onlys.

@CaptainSpark. I beg to disagree. No way would a father not feel extreme anguish at a child's death. Yes, war means young men die, but the knowledge doesn't make the reality any easier.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago
Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

@All i get the anger against jaydharth or more like on the bad decisions that the younger four made but what i don't get is arjun s reluctance at killing drona ? Why that rebuke for drishtdyum ??? when all he was doing is what was necessary drona was lethal for pandava army it was necessary to kill him .i don't think drona pondered over whose son abhimanyu was when he went forward to actively plan his death then why this kola veri di arjun?? Sometimes i really feel like shouting at him - IT'S A WAR WHAT WERE You EXPECTING???