Maharaj Ki Jai Ho

Loving this show!

Herge thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Hi everyone,

I recently came across this forum and am so glad to find some like-minded people who like this show as much as I do. It’s my first contribution to a forum about a TV show so forgive me if I ramble.

I genuinely find this show unique in many ways, perhaps with a certain comic book quality to it. Not just in the stories and characterisation, but an overall feeling. Being a fan of Asterix Comics from way back, I’m hooked! SuryaBhan being carried into the darbar in his bathtub is completely Vitalstatistix from the Asterx Comics!

I also find the art and attention to detail worth mentioning. We have black walls people! And no curtains flying around cheaply. I love it. The multiple statues and pillars in Dhritarashtra’s palace walls are amazing. There has been a lot of patience and love in its making I’m sure. Every little object I see seems to have had thought behind it. Do you remember the large contraption to measure time in the episode with the race? Or the little salt shaker that SuryaBhan used while playing the board game with Gandhari?

The clothes also are certainly different. The leather armour, metal helmets, chain mail, earthy colours, use of silver rather than gold, all suggest an effort to do something different tastefully. 
I’m so glad I discovered this show. It’s not perfect but it’s certainly better than whatever I’ve seen on TV in ages. I’m excited to see what else they throw at us! And after reading your posts on the low TRPs, I’m disappointed that so few of us seem to get it. 

Edited by Herge - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sree_mk thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

This content was originally posted by: Herge

Hi everyone,

I recently came across this forum and am so glad to find some like-minded people who like this show as much as I do. It’s my first contribution to a forum about a TV show so forgive me if I ramble.

I genuinely find this show unique in many ways, perhaps with a certain comic book quality to it. Not just in the stories and characterisation, but an overall feeling. Being a fan of Asterix Comics from way back, I’m hooked! SuryaBhan being carried into the darbar in his bathtub is completely Vitalstatistix from the Asterx Comics!

I also find the art and attention to detail worth mentioning. We have black walls people! And no curtains flying around cheaply. I love it. The multiple statues and pillars in Dhritarashtra’s palace walls are amazing. There has been a lot of patience and love in its making I’m sure. Every little object I see seems to have had thought behind it. Do you remember the large contraption to measure time in the episode with the race? Or the little salt shaker that SuryaBhan used while playing the board game with Gandhari?

The clothes also are certainly different. The leather armour, metal helmets, chain mail, earthy colours, use of silver rather than gold, all suggest an effort to do something different tastefully. 
I’m so glad I discovered this show. It’s not perfect but it’s certainly better than whatever I’ve seen on TV in ages. I’m excited to see what else they throw at us! And after reading your posts on the low TRPs, I’m disappointed that so few of us seem to get it. 

In MKJH, all actors are doing good job except few people. Story is also not that bad. The quality of the episodes and costume designed for all actors are also good. We can feel how every cast and crew members worked hard and tried to give their best to the show. But TRP's are very low for this show. I guess cast and crew members will not be happy with this low TRP. I feel if this show telecasted as a weekend show after lock down period, it would have got atlest 1.4 to 1.5 TRP. Channel messed up with this show.