Fan Fictions

Kismet (New Arshi FF) - Ch1 on Pg 1 (15/07/2020)

MyraKamath thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Hello Guys!

Just a little intro here:-

I have been a silent member of India Forums for some time. I recently discovered the Fan-Fiction section during the lockdown and read a couple of really good stories. Not having a job during this period gives you a lot of time to think and do new things. And I thought to finally do something about my love for creative imagination and creative writing - by combining the two. So, I thought that along with reading some of the great fan-fics and making some new friends here, I'd start one of my own too. And who better to base it on than on one of my favourite couples from one of my favourite shows (of the past).

I have already written a prologue, which I'll be posting shortly. I'll post a synopsis maybe after that, because I want to kind of build up some curiosity and interest with the prologue and my style of writing. If there is a good response, I'll continue and hopefully post something every few days, to at least once a week.

I'm also open to suggestions, so do let me know how I can improve on my writing or anything else you would like to point out.

Content Index

Prologue (next post)

Chapter 1 (Page 1)

Edited by MyraKamath - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MyraKamath thumbnail

Hey guys! As promised, here is the prologue. Let me know what you think and if you would like me to continue with the story.

Prologue

“That’s it! I can’t handle it anymore!” Khushi fumes to herself, as she rides up the elevator to her apartment.

“I am tired of the people in my life taking advantage of me. I am tired of being unhappy and unlucky. Why the hell do I have such an unfortunate kismet?” Khushi is too lost in her thoughts to notice that the elevator has stopped at her floor.

“Are you ever going to get out?” Jenny asks Khushi, sneeringly. Khushi breaks out of her thoughts and realises that Jenny has been holding the elevator door open, waiting for her to get out at the floor so that she can go in.

“Sorry,” Khushi says softly, before pushing past Jenny and hurrying to her apartment. 

“Hey! The least you can do is say sorry, bitch! ” Jenny shouts, but Khushi pays no heed. Jenny is a self-entitled snob who has always had it out for Khushi ever since she moved into the building approximately six months ago. But Khushi is too troubled to even brood over Jenny and her accusations and name-calling.

Khushi digs in her purse for her keys. It takes her more than a minute to find them, making her even more jittery. She finally manages to get hold of her keys, but fumbles and drops them before she can even insert them into the keyhole.

“I can’t even open a door right.” Khushi mutters to herself as her voice starts to crack and tears start to appear in her eyes. 

She finally enters her apartment, and heads straight to the kitchen to sooth her parched throat (and mind) with a glass of water. She pours herself a glass of water from the jug kept on the kitchen counter, but is already so distressed that she ends up spilling some water too.

As the water spills off the counter and falls on her pants making them wet, the tears too begin to flow simultaneously. Khushi cries out in anguish as she chucks her purse to the kitchen floor and practically stomps out to the living room, the glass of water laying forgotten.

She plonks down on the sofa and buries her face in her hands, contemplating her past and if her life is actually worth living any longer.

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

Why is she so upset? What happened?

Uzii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Why khushi is so sad n desperate in her life.

AnjuRish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Why what happened to her ?

MyraKamath thumbnail

Hey guys, so a lot happened in the last two months... Parents tested covid positive and even I was sick for a while (though I tested negative). Everything is okay now, not to worry. I'm fine, parents are fine too.

Just that it was emotionally a bit draining and I wasn't able to concentrate & write much. Decided to finally get back to it and wrote the first chapter - will put it up in the next post after doing a final word check.

Will probably post at least 1 chapter a week depending upon the response and how much time I have on my hands. I'm learning Spanish and doing some home craft projects as well :)

Do keep the comments & suggestions coming in.

MyraKamath thumbnail

Note: The first few chapters are going to show a time jump - flashback & present times. This will explain the backstory & why Khushi is why she is in the prologue. I'm going to keep a bit of mystery the first time I introduce a character and then give a proper character description while showing the relations between each character as the storyline is further developed.

Chapter 1

On 6th December 1992, a rally at Babri Masjid turned violent as the crowd that had gathered overwhelmed security forces and tore down the mosque. This demolition sparked off a chain of events that furthered the divide between India’s Hindu and Muslim communities. Thousands of civilians got hurt in the riots, and many also died due to their injuries.

A week after the incident in Ayodhya, Vijay Ahuja broke up with his girlfriend. He had been dating her for over 5 years and they were due to marry early the following year. But under societal pressure, Vijay’s family forced him to call off the wedding. 

Vijay instead wrote his first love a letter. He tried explaining that he was calling off the wedding for now, but would try to convince his family and the society as soon as the communal tensions eased over. He told again that he loved her and would always love her, and assumed that she would understand the situation. 

But try as much, Vijay was unsuccessful and got his heart broken. The wedding took place on the same day and time it was intended to be. His girlfriend was the bride, but the groom was someone else. His girlfriend’s name was Anjum, and she was a Muslim.

Then on 12th March 1993, approximately 6 weeks after the destruction of the mosque, a series of 12 bomb explosions took place in Bombay. Almost 300 people were killed, and amongst them was Shubhavi’s father Anil Bakshi. 

Shubhavi’s mother Shaila had passed away due to complications after giving birth to her, and now with her father also in heaven, Shubhavi was now an orphan. So, Anil’s best friend and business partner Dilip took her under his wings. He had loved and cared for that girl since the day she was born and over the years, had grown more fond of her. 

Dilip would forever be grateful to Anil after all that he had done for him, and now he wanted to do something that would help his late friend’s soul rest in peace. Dilip decided to get Shubhavi married to his son. 

Shubhavi was childhood friends with his son. Dilip knew that while they may not have been in love, they definitely still loved each other as friends and companions. He didn’t want Shubhavi to be alone now or go far away from him, so getting her married to his son would be just perfect. Not only will Shubhavi gain a life partner, but she would also be living in the same household and finally, officially be a part of his family.

Dilip meant well and had good intentions where Shubhavi was concerned. But there was also a little part of him which was somewhat selfish. Shubhavi was the only one who could handle his son and Dilip knew that she would continue to do so after marriage. Dilip was afraid that his son would either waver or push himself over the brink, and Shubhavi was the one person who could surely stop that.

And so, Dilip put forth the proposal. While the rest of Dilip’s family was elated, Shubhavi just went with the flow. While on one hand she had never wanted to get married so early and that too via an arranged setup, on the other hand, she was happy to be gaining a family and at least marrying someone she knew.

Shubhavi decided to speak to her friend, Dilip’s son before agreeing to the proposal. She knew he wouldn’t entirely be happy and didn’t want him to marry her just for the sake of his family. They spoke for hours, and agreed to go ahead with the wedding, promising that they’ll try to make the marriage work, try to always be together just like they promised to always be friends despite their numerous fights.

A nervous Dilip was pacing back and forth in the living room when his children approached him. He had left the final decision to them and was afraid that they’d not want to get married. So, he was surprised when they both told him they both agreed to his proposal.

An elated Dilip then started on the wedding preparations immediately the next day. Everyone was happy as things seemed to be going back to normal. And by June, the two childhood friends became husband and wife - Shubhavi Bakshi married Vijay Ahuja.

So far, they had a healthy relationship. Though they were not yet in love, they decided to remain committed to the marriage till they grew sick of each other, or one of them either fell in love with someone else or died. 

"Let's remain friends, but with benefits." Shubhavi and Vijay came to a mutual decision on their first night, as they knew the importance of physical intimacy to sustain any relationship. 

"And let's also agree to never have kids, we don't want our equation to change." Shubhavi and Vijay maintained that in the first year following their wedding, always using protection and taking the morning-after pill whenever they had sex. 

They were always careful. However, about a year after the wedding, the day Shubhavi graduated from university, was the day they lapsed. To celebrate the occasion, Vijay decided to take Shubhavi out for dinner. They’d gone to a pub and had a little too much to drink. 

On the way back, some small-time goons tried to accost them but a drunk Vijay who’d gained innumerable strength, fought them off. Shubhavi saw something different in her otherwise non-violent husband that night. 

And as Shubhavi cleaned up Vijay’s wounds later, he looked into her eyes and felt something. “I know I’m definitely not in love with Shubhavi, but I still can’t live without her. There is something between us that is inexplicable.” VIjay thought to himself.

Shubhavi tied up the antiseptic soaked gauze with a bandage and looked up, only to see Vijay staring at her. She stared right back, her eyes unblinking as he moved forward. Vijay closed the distance between him and Shubhavi. Their lips locked, and the next thing they remembered was waking up in the morning, naked, with their legs and blankets intertwined.

Sometime in January 1995, Shubhavi woke up with a terrible backache and even more antagonising cramps. “Vijaaayyyyyyy!!!” Shubhavi screamed in pain, clutching her husband’s arm tightly. 

Vijay woke up with a start. “What happened?” He asked her, deeply concerned.

“I don’t know. I woke up with unbearable cramps. I think it may be my appendix. Please take me to the hospital.” Shubhavi pleaded.

“Let’s go!” Vijay helped Shubhavi get up from the bed, grabbed his car keys from the bedside drawer and hurriedly but carefully ushered her out from their home and to the car.

By the time they reached the hospital less, Shubhavi’s cramps had gotten worse. Vijay was now really terrified as well, he couldn’t stand to see his best friend in pain. Vijay pulled up to the hospitals entrance and shouted for someone to bring a wheelchair. Vijay helped Shubhavi get seated on the wheelchair and the nurse pushed her into the hospital as Vijay went to park the car.

By the time Vijay found a parking space, enquired about which room Shubhavi was taken into, and reached there almost 15 minutes later, the doctor was already checking her vitals. Vijay had to spend another 30 antagonising minutes outside the hospital room as the doctor finished the checkup.

“Nurse, please take these blood samples for to the lab for testing and bring me the reports at the earliest. Also ask the ward boy to get the portable ultrasound machine into Mrs Ahuja’s room within 5 minutes.” The doctor called out as he exited the room. “And… Are you Mr Ahuja?”

“Yes, doctor.” Vijay got up from the chair and approached him.

“Please come in.” the doctor said.

“What happened, doctor? It’s nothing to worry about is it?” Vijay said, getting a little worried when the doctor didn’t reply.

“Mr Ahuja, Mrs Ahuja…” the doctor started saying, as Vijay approached Shubhavi’s bedside to hold her hands. “I don’t think this is appendicitis.”

“Then what?” Vijay asked, growing even more concerned by the second.

“I suspect your wife is having labour pains.” the doctor said.

Vijay and Shubhavi are shocked at the news. “But how? That’s impossible!” Shubhavi is the first one to regain her speech, her shock helping mask her cramps.

“When was the last time you had your period?” the doctor enquired.

“Last month.”Shubhavi replied.

“How was the flow? Have you been getting your period regularly?”

“The flow was light, and my period is never regular, as I have PCOD.”

“That could be just spotting, which happens in some pregnancies.”

“But I had no morning sickness, no cravings, no weight gain unless you count the bloatedness that happens on and off due to my PCOD. So how can I even be pregnant, doctor?”

“Well, the PCOD would probably explain the irregular periods and the weight gain…” the doctor said.

“Exactly doctor, how can Shubhavi be pregnant?” Vijay interrupted the doctor.

“Because her other vitals seem to indicate that. It’s possible for you not to know because of the PCOD, there have been many such cases before.” the doctor explained.

Just then, the ward boy came in with the ultrasound machine and set it up as a concerned Vijay and Shubhavi continued to ask the doctor questions.

“Let’s do the ultrasound first shall we?” the doctor said.

The doctor squirted some gel on Shubhavi’s belly, and gently moved the probe around. Both Shubhavi and Vijay had their eyes glued to the monitor. “And, there it is…” the doctor said, pointing to the screen.

“Are you sure doctor?” Vijay asked, his eyes looking back and forth between Shubhavi and the doctor.

“Yes, look… That’s definitely a baby right there! But…”

“But what?” Shubhavi asked, panicking.

“Looking at the development of the baby in ultrasound, it seems a little too early for you to deliver. Your water has not yet broken. Plus, the baby is in breach position. If your pains get worse and the baby is still in breach, then we may have to go in for a C-section.”

“Doctor, will everything be alright? Shubhavi will be okay, right?” Vijay asked, with growing concern.

“Yes, Shubhavi probably will. Hopefully your baby too. And I can give you more details once the blood reports come back. Let’s wait till then?” the doctor smiles, trying to reassure the nervous couple. “Meanwhile, I’ll tell the nurse to get you something to ease the pain and take your mind off things for a while.” the doctor leaves the room.

Shubhavi and Vijay sat in silence for a while, still trying to come to terms with the shocking news they just received. They wondered how could the pregnancy could have happened, despite the use of protection every single time. Well, almost every single time… Vijay and Shubhavi’s eyes grew wide as they remembered the night of her graduation. And the result of their lapse was a baby they never wanted… A mistake!

AnjuRish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

What ?? Is that baby kushi ?? Did they abandon her???

Pls continue to pm

coderlady thumbnail

Even if they never intended to have the baby, the fact is, the baby is here.

coderlady thumbnail

Good to hear you and your family got better. Two in my family tested positive too and got better. Its a scary time.