||Cupid's Little Arrow|| Premeer SS || COMPLETED Epilogue on pg 13 - Page 7

Posted: 3 years ago

CUPID’S LITTLE ARROW
PREMEERSS
Part-15

THE CONFESSION AND REJECTION

No sooner did Prem’s hand touch Heer’s waist she shuddered. Prem put his one hand on her waist and other hand was holding Heer’s one hand and her other hand was on Prem’s shoulder. She tightened her grip on his shoulder as she was afraid she might fall any time because of the intensity of Prem’s eyes and the close proximity between them.

Prem was looking into her eyes lovingly as if conveying his love for her. He didn’t know how but he surely felt a special attraction for her. No one had made him feel the way Heer did. He knew he had to tell her what he felt for her otherwise he would go crazy.

Meanwhile Heer was lost in Prem’s eyes. She wanted to break the eye lock but couldn’t find the strength. Unknown to her own self, she was drawn towards Prem. She put her head on Prem’s chest and closed her eyes feeling safe and secure. Prem wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her forehead.

“Thank you Heer for wearing this dress”. Prem thanked Heer.

Heer jerked opened her eyes and became confused. What was she doing? She remembered hugging Prem while dancing. But here she was just dancing normally with Prem and Prem was looking into her eyes with same intensity as she saw few moments back. Oh God! Was she dreaming about Prem?Like that way?

She instantly left Prem’s hand and left the hall uttering a small “Sorry” which was only heard by Prem. No one noticed Heer’s departure as the lights were dimmed and everyone else was busy with their respective works.

Prem couldn’t decipher Heer’s action. He was just asking a simple question. He rushed behind Heer and found her standing on one side of the garden where the light was slightly less than the entire house. He stood right behind her and asked in an authoritative voice, “Why did you run away from there? What happened Heer?”

Heer didn’t know what to answer. Could she tell about her dream? No, what would he think of her?

“I won’t take your silence as your answer Heer. Tell me the truth”. Prem demanded.

“Nothing Prem, I wasjust feeling a little suffocated, that’s all.”

“Are you sure Heer? Because I don’t think so.”  Prem turned Heer forcefully towards him and held her shoulders digging his nails on her arms.

“Ahh Prem!” Heer shrieked.

As soon as Prem realized he was hurting her he left her uttering a sorry. “I am sorry Heer. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I was only worried about you and that’s why…Um..it’s ok if you don’t want to tell me. Let’s go inside.”

Heer could clearly see Prem’s voice cracked while talking to her as if he had lost something. She wanted to stop him but decided otherwise as it was best for both of them.

After the party finished and everyone left Manmeet’s house, he offered Prem to stay there as it was very late and Tanu was already asleep.But Prem denied though Tanu and Manohar stayed there. Heer decided to walk him till his car trying to forget the evening dream.

“You could’ve stayed.”

Prem smiled. “No Heer. It’s not possible.”

“Why?”

“Because then I couldn’t have possibly stayed away from you. Look Heer, I don’t want to lie to you. You remember you told me to start living life to the fullest? I want to start that and for that I need to tell you something. I don’t think I want you as a friend in my life anymore”.

“Prem…” Heer wanted to stop Prem from saying what she assumed he was trying to say but before that Prem put his finger on her lips preventing her to say anything.

“Let me finish Heer, please. I want you as more than a friend…as my life partner. Yes, you might have guessed it when you left the party in the middle. So I am telling you right now Heer that I have fallen in love with you and I think you love me too.”

That was it. He said it. He said it so easily and that’s what she was afraid of. She just looked at him but couldn’t utter a single word.

“Won’t you say anything?” Prem couldn’t tolerate her silence and her empty eyes.

“What do you want me to say?” Heer was furious by now. “You know Prem we were going just smooth. Why did you have to complicate things between us? And if you have understood that I just ignored your feelings then you should’ve never brought it up like this. You’ve just ruined everything.” She was about to go but returned and almost gave a warning, “And one more thing.Please do not try to talk to me ever in life.”

Prem just saw her retreating figure in the faded streetlight. He knew what he had done and what he was going to do next.

That night neither Prem nor Heer slept. They were just thinking about each other but in different ways.

“Hey, Prem, what a pleasant surprise! You didn’t tell you were coming.”  Manmeet welcomed Prem in his house early in the morning. The last two days Prem tried so many ways to talk to Heer but she just ignored him in every possible ways. So he decided to go directly to Manmeet’s house and here he was, sitting right in front of Heer. She tried to ignore Prem as much as she could and that didn’t go unnoticed by Manmeet and Ashlesha.

“Manmeet I came hereto talk to you and Ashlesha about something as you two are her family.”Prem started directly looking at Heer. Heer was feeling really uncomfortable under his heated gaze but was also curious to know what Prem was going to talk to Manmeet.

“Prem just tell. You don’t have to be so formal”, Ashlesha encouraged him.

“Ashlesha, Manmeet , I love Heer and want to marry her”.

“Finally! You know I have been counting days when were you going to confess. Finally the day has come. Congratulations!”

“What? You are ready for this? I mean you knew this?” Prem couldn’t help asking seeing Mnameet and Ashlesha’s relieved and happy faces.

“Of course, you idiot!I mean anyone can understand that. The way you look at her, the way your face becomes brighter hearing about her and you are asking whether I knew or not.”

“But I am not ready for this Mr. Prem Juneja.” Everyone was startled hearing Heer’s loud voice.“I told you this will never going to happen still you came here. If you had ever considered me as you true friend then you could’ve never done that Prem.”

“Heer please, why are you getting so hyper? He just told what he felt.” Manmeet tried to calm her down.

“Manmeet, you are asking me why I am getting hyper? Like seriously? Don’t you know anything?”

“Yes, I know everything and that’s why I am asking. How long will you be like this Heer?It’s been 2 years. You need to move on.”

“You know I thought you knew me but I was wrong. And about moving on I am happy with my life. I don’t need anything or anyone to make it happy. So please leave me alone.”

“No Heer, we won’t leave you alone. As a brother I have full right to decided what is right and wrong for you.”

“But you are forgetting Manu I am not your sister but sister-in-law. I am still married to your brother Manu, I am still married.” Heer’s voice cracked uttering the last sentence as if she had lost all her strength. She sat on the floor with a thud leaving Prem speechless.

Do with this part.Sorry for not giving fancy fairytale confession as it wouldn’t go with the story. And the full revelation of Heer’s past will be in the next update. Do let me know how did you like the part through your comments. Next part will be updated soon. Take care and good bye.

Thank You,

Love,

Sunayana

Edited by Sunzz.Harshiti - 3 years ago

Best part is Prem’s honesty - didn’t drag 🤗

Well written 👍🏼

Heer was married 😲 I thought there was some connection but didn’t know she married that guy. Hmmm

ok let’s hear her side - hope Prem is patient and get Heer’s attention ❤️
Excited for next part and you mentioned in previous comment - Preet is coming 🤗 yay 

Originally posted by AASUS

Best part is Prem’s honesty - didn’t drag 🤗

Well written 👍🏼

Heer was married 😲 I thought there was some connection but didn’t know she married that guy. Hmmm

ok let’s hear her side - hope Prem is patient and get Heer’s attention ❤️
Excited for next part and you mentioned in previous comment - Preet is coming 🤗 yay 

Thank you so much Athi for liking the part.

Yes Prem's not  a guy to act anything. He is genuine. Heer's marriage was a twist, isn't it?😉 You will know her side but not in this episode. It will take another part. So be patient.😃

CUPID’S LITTLE ARROW
PREMEERSS
Part-16

A NEW ARRIVAL

Prem was too shocked to react anything. He just stood there speechless while Heer continued to sob sitting on the floor. After what felt like hours he managed to say, "Sorry, I didn't know that".

Prem's voice made everyone realize the situation. Heer controlled herself,stood in front of Prem and said which sounded like pleading, "It's ok Prem as you didn't know and exactly that is why I asked you to stay away from me. I hope at least this time you will listen to me."

Prem nodded quietly not knowing what to say. Of course his love wouldn't die for her knowing that she was already married but he would never be a third person in her married life. If she was happy with her husband then he would only want this happiness to grow with each passing day. He would never bother her again. Promising himself silently he made his leave from Heer's house.

"Don't worry aunty. I can very well know how to handle Prem. He just needed to see me once and then he can no way stay without me. You just relax and leave everything to me". Sanjana Rampal reassured Gayatri Juneja over the phone as she made her way out of Punjab International Airport. "It's so hot here", she thought. Never mind. She had come here to do a work and she would do it at any cost. She had to make Prem fall for her. She hired a cab and started for her destination to Juneja house.

"Why didn't you tell him the whole truth?" Manmeet asked Heer angrily.

"What is the matter with you Manu?You only wanted me to tell him everything and now when I did you are asking why didn't I tell the whole truth? Isn't it enough what he got to know?"

"No, not enough, because you sure are married to my brother but he left you the same night you were married. You didn't even see him from that day and in my opinion this marriage means nothing to any one of us." Manmeet screamed and left behind a broken Heer with Ashlesha on her side equally sad.

Prem came home dejected. He couldn't believe what had happened just a few minutes back. He was so happy this morning and eager to meet Heer though he knew it would have been really difficult to convince her but never in his worst nightmare did he think that this meeting would be proven as his last meeting with Heer. He threw his coat on the couch and simply laid on the bed staring into nothing. After some time he felt the bedsheet at the side of his cheek was wet and that's when he realized that he was crying. He didn't remember after how many years these salty waters made their way out of his eyes. He wiped those tears and sit back as he didn't want Manohar or his niece to see this. He was about to go freshen up when suddenly some noise from the outside caught his attention. Seemed someone was shouting very badly. He immediately came out and rushed to the garden and the scene in front of him made his blood boil.

"Heer, why didn't you accept Prem?" Ashlesha couldn't hold back her curiosity. "I know you are not so weak or that you think of him an unworthy person."

"I am too scared to lose anyone Ash.I just want a normal simple life where I can just live happily even if that means I have to be alone.” Heer made herself clear and rushed to her room.

"You shouldn't have yelled at her like that. You know her Manmeet." Ash tried to talk to Manmeet.

"I just want her to be happy, Ash.But she was not ready to give anyone a chance, especially when the person is Prem. I am seriously very upset with her."

"Sanjana!" Prem literally screamed. "What do you think you are doing?" Prem hold Sanjana's hand which was up in a manner that it seemed she was about to slap someone and that someone was right there standing in front of her with a crying face.

"Are you all right, Tanu?” Prem asked and gave a glare to Sanjana.

"Prem!" Sanjana exclaimed in amazement. "You are shouting at me for this orphan? You know she ruined my so expensive designer dress with her this ball and all these mud".Sanjana made a bitter face.

"She is just a child, Sanjana. Andthis is a garden and I think you are not dumb enough to expect anything elseother than mud in a garden when there had been rain the previous night.”

"Whatever".
Sanjana didn't care what she was being told. She ordered Manohar to carry her luggage upstairs and went inside.

Prem bent down to Tanu's height and hold his ears. "I am so sorry on her behalf, Tanu. Please forgive me".

"It's ok mamu. It was not your fault."She smiled and hugged Prem who hugged her back.

It was evening and Tanu was doing her homework when suddenly everyone heard aloud music coming from Sanjana's room. Prem was the first to react. He reached Sanjana's room and turned off the music player.

"Who the hell is this?" Sanjana cursed the person who turned off the music player but as soon as she noticedPrem she brought a sweet smile on her face.

"Oh, hi Prem."

"Hi Sanjana, would you mind telling me what were you doing? Tanu was doing her homework and if you continue to hear that loud music then it would be distracting for her. In case you didn't see, she was only a child." Prem made a sarcastic remark hoping her to catch the point but Sanjana was Sanjana.

"Why are you taking tension, Prem? She will manage." Sanjana stated as a matter of fact.

"No, she won't manage. You are a guest here so you will manage and I mean it."

"Woah woah! Prem! Don't be hyper. Ok as of now I will. But after some day she will have to be on her own. Hasn't she? So I just wanted to her to..." she couldn't complete as Prem cuther.

"One minute. Can you explain whywould she have to be on her own after some days?"

"Because we will sent her to a nice orphanage after we got married. Prem, you seem to joke a lot with me".Sanjana tried to come closer to Prem but he jerked her.

"Have you gone mad? Sanjana, I have told you hundred times that I won't marry you. And as far as Tanu is concerned she isn't going anywhere even if we get married. She will always stay with me in this house because she has a family and a home and she is not an orphan." Prem made himself clear and exited the room angrily. But what he failed to notice that a little shadow was there outside the room hearing everything.

When Prem entered his room he saw someone was lying on his bed on the stomach. Prem smiles and sat on the bed. "Tanu, what happened sweetie? Why are you lying like that?"

"Is that true what she said?" Tanu simply asked not moving an inch from her position.

"What?" Prem failed to understand.

"That aunty said you..."

Tanu couldn't finish as Prem pulled her on his lap. "I've always told you not to listen to strangers, haven't I?"

Tanu nodded in agreement.

"Then? Don't worry I have promised you something and I won't break it".

"Mamu, can I say something?"

"Hmm".

"I don't want you to marry her. I will not call her mami". This time Tanu made faces.

Prem laughed. "Don't worry; even I don't want to marry her". He winked at her.

Tanu's smiled has broadened. But suddenly she seemed tensed as if try to tell something. Sensing his niece’s hesitation he decided to ask himself.

"What happened? Do you want to tell anything else? Prem asked sweetly.

"I want you to marry Miss Heer."

Prem was really surprised at Tanu's statement. "Why do you want me to marry Miss Maan?"

"Because I like her. She is so sweet. She always smiles, plays with me, and does not shout like that aunty. And also because..."

"Because?"

"You like her too."

"Who told you all these?"

"Manohar uncle told me that you also like Miss Heer like me. So I want her as my mami."

Prem sighed. He too wanted the same but now...he didn't want to break Tanu's heart so thought to avoid the topic.

"Ok we will see. But now go have dinner and take rest."

"Ok".

After Tanu left Prem's room he thought to call his mother about Sanjana's sudden arrival but before he could call his mother Manmeet's number appeared on the screen.

"Hello Manmeet! What's up?"

"Prem, can you meet me at the coffee shop tomorrow? I need to talk to you."

"Of course but what's the matter?"

"See you tomorrow. Bye."

Before Prem could ask anything else Manmeet hung up.

Done with this part. Sorry for this short update. Next part will be long I promise. Do read and let me know your views. And don’t forget to vote if it’s worth reading.

Thank You,

Love,

Sunayana

tanu cute 🤗

prem is kind to niece

ok this half truth half misinfo btw Heer and Prem is frustrating to all hmm

let’s see next scene of Manmeet and Prem 

excited 

tanu cute 🤗

prem is kind to niece

Yes and it's all because of our counselor

ok this half truth half misinfo btw Heer and Prem is frustrating to all hmm

I know this half truth is frustrating to the readers too😆

let’s see next scene of Manmeet and Prem 

excited 

Whole truth in the next episode😃

Thank you for commenting Athi🤗

CUPID’S LITTLE ARROW
PREMEERSS
Part-17

A LIGHT TO THE PAST

It had been 10 minutes since Manmeet was waiting for Prem at the coffee shop. Why hasn’t he come yet? Is he angry on Heer? No, he doesn’t seem like that. He was getting impatient with each passing time. Though he knew Prem but still felt scared that after Heer’s rejection he wouldn’t want to meet him. He got back his life noticing Prem entering the café but scrunched his eyebrows spotting him accompanied by a female.

“Hey Prem,”Manmeet greeted him.

“Hi Manmeet, oh and meet her. She is Sanjana, mom’s best frined’s daughter”. Prem introduced both of them.

Manmeet and Sanjana greeted each other and they took their seats. Manmeet wasn’t sure how should he start the conversation? Should he even,in the first place, start the conversation? Prem noticed his hesitation and thought to get rid of Sanjana.

“So Manmeet, what were you saying about the project? Did we get the deal?”

Manmeet was hell confused. What was he talking about? What deal?  Did he thought I called him here to talk about some project about which I am damn sure have no idea. Prem noticed Manmeet’s condition and felt pity but he didn’t stop. He looked at Sanjana and noticed her bored expression. He seemed to hit the right nerve.

“Prem, are we meeting here to talk about your business?” Sanjana couldn’t stop herself from asking.

“I am afraid yes, Sanjana. Well, why don’t you just go and check out the new parlor on the next street. I am sure you’ll enjoy it.”

“Yeah, sounds right to me. Ok I am leaving. See you guys”.

After Sanjana left Prem decided to talk to Manmeet. He had seen the hesitation in his eyes earlier; it might be because of seeing Sajana with him. “Sorry Manmeet, I had to bring her with me. She could be so irritating some times that it is nearly impossible to avoid her. So what’s the matter?”

“It’s about Heer.”Manmeet said without beating around the bush.

“What about Heer? Manmeet, look, if you are here to talk about yesterday then please don’t bother.I don’t want to be the one responsible fo…”

Prem couldn’t finish as Manmeet started. “No, you are responsible for nothing. Prem, how do I phrase it?”

“Manmeet, please tell me clearly.” Prem was getting impatient.

“Rishabh, my brother, left her the day they got married.” Manmeet spoke and noticed the color of Prem’s face getting fade away but just for one minute because after that his face showed a deep red color which clearly suggested the anger had risen up his cheek.

“What’s with you and your sister, Manu? Can’t you just say the whole truth? Every day I get to know something new. If you don’t think of me as a worthy person then please don’t bother to tell me all this and if you feel otherwise then tell me everything once and for all.”

“Relax Prem. I know you’re hurt but please listen to me and I promise this time I am here to tell you everything, every single detail. Heer just didn’t want to involve you into the pain that she suffered.”

Seemed it worked. Manmeet could see Prem’s face becoming normal and his posture relaxed. “I am listening.” Prem simply said. Knowing that he had got Prem’s full attention, Manmeet began.  

“Prem, as you know Balraaj uncle and Teji aunty adopted Heer at a very tender age. So when she got to the Maan family we automatically become friends. But where for me she was always a sister, Rishabh was her best friend. Whenever anyone mentioned them as brothers and sisters they got angry and this might create a misconception to my parents. They assumed that Heer and Rishabh liked each other and decided to get them married. But what they failed to notice that Heer and Rishabh never loved each other that way, of course liked but only as friends.”

“So if they didn’t love each other why did they get married?” Prem asked.

“Because of my parents. Heer didn’t want to disobey them and Rishabh, well, he married to take revenge.” Noticing Prem’s confusion he started again. “Apparently, he fell in love with a girl named Vishakha when he went to London for his higher studies. He told our parents that he wanted to marry her but they rejected as she wasn’t an Indian; I mean not fully Indian. Her mom was an Indian but not her father and there was also this dream of getting him married to Heer. Mom and dad thought it was just a mere attraction and he would be ok in some days. But when Rishabh became adamant of going back and marrying Vishakha, my dad stopped him from going by faking a heart attack.”

“Had Heer known all these?”

“No. Heer was completely unaware of all these as she was in America pursuing her dreams. But what no one knew was that after 6 months of Rishabh’s arrival to India, Vishakha committed suicide because she was pregnant with Rishabh’s child and after getting no replies from him she couldn’t take the burden of betrayal. So when my parents told Rishabh to marry Heer, he agreed only to leave her the same night so that he could give the same pain of losing a loved one to my parents.”

“How do you know all these?” Prem inquired being shocked at so much revelations.

“Before leaving, Rishabh left a letter to Heer. Vishakha’s friend informed him about her death”.Manmeet showed the letter to Prem. Every word that Manmeet told him was on thatletter.

“Heer gave us this letter on the next day.” Manmeet continued. “Dad couldn’t take the shock and died. Mom was in coma for 2 years. After that incident everyone started blaming Heer. Not that it affected her but it deteriorated mom’s condition. Heer couldn’t take the risk and went to America for mom’s better treatment. I wanted to go with her but I couldn’t leave Balraaj uncle and Teji aunty who blamed themselves for ruining Heer’s life and there was Ashlesha too. 6 months ago mom expired.”

Prem didn’t know what to tell him. On one side he was happy that Heer didn’t love Rishabh but on the other side could feel the pain that Heer must’ve felt at that time. “Look Manmaeet,I…”

Prem had to stop as he felt Manmeet held his hands and said,“I don’t want to force you Prem but I want Heer’s happiness. I know that no one can love and respect Heer as much as you can. So I just want you to be with her…even if it will be as friends.”

“And what if I don’t want to be her friend?” Manmeet was taken aback at Prem’s statement. “I want to win her trust, Manmeet. I mean I know that she trusts me but I want her to trust on relationships again. And...” Prem paused and continued, “I don’t want to give up on us either”.

Manmeet had a satisfactory smile on his face knowing that now everything will be alright. Little did they know that a certain someone had heard all these sitting across their table of course, without their notice.

“Miss Heer Maan, interesting”, Sanjana smirked. I think I need to start my work. She quietly exited the café and called Prem to inform that she had gone home.

“Manu told everything to Prem”, Ashlesha informed Heer after Manmeet told her.

“I knew he was going to tell him. His actions, yesterday, told everything. But what he didn’t understand that he had put Prem in an unnecessary complicated life.” Heer’s statement was emotionless. She might want to tell anything else but stopped hearing footsteps.

“Fine then. You do what you feel right and I will do what my heart says”. Prem said and stood exactly in front of Heer. “I love you and nobody can deny this truth, not even you. So stop resisting yourself to trust again on relationships. And if you don’t and I will make you do. “

“Prem you…”, Heer's statement remain in her mouth as Prem gently kissed her cheek and whispered, “Take care and love you”.

Done with this part. Sorry for this short Premeer scene. Do read and let me know you like it or not through your comments. Next part will be posted soon. Till then take care and good bye.

Thank You,

Love,

Sunayana

Edited by Sunzz.Harshiti - 3 years ago

hmmm 🤔

sanjana entered ... dunno where this is going 

ah well trouble on top of other 

miss tanu she’s cute

hmmm 🤔