Things StarPlusBharat did right

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

So there are multiple complaints against the Mahabharat depicted by Star Plus.

But there are also things they have done right. Which are they?

For me, I liked the emphasis on the Krishna and Krishnaa Sakha/Sakhi bond. I loved how they portrayed how they meet, their first interaction.

I also like how during Draupadi's vastraharan, they depicted Krishna at Kurukshetra, relating the two incidents literally. And the red bandage he takes off layer by layer (which then translates to Draupadi's saree).

Again, after nthe vastraharan, loved the Krishna-Draupadi conversation.

Originally posted by Eloquent

So there are multiple complaints against the Mahabharat depicted by Star Plus.

But there are also things they have done right. Which are they?

For me, I liked the emphasis on the Krishna and Krishnaa Sakha/Sakhi bond. I loved how they portrayed how they meet, their first interaction.

I also like how during Draupadi's vastraharan, they depicted Krishna at Kurukshetra, relating the two incidents literally. And the red bandage he takes off layer by layer (which then translates to Draupadi's saree).

Again, after nthe vastraharan, loved the Krishna-Draupadi conversation.

I hated that post dice hall convo. In text, Panchali roundly tells Krishna off.

I adore them them and their bond.  The post dice hall conversation gives a new perspective that govind panchali s main motive for war was not personal revenge but of bringing down the system itself that brought things to just a pity state of affairs in the duce hall. And i found this reason very plausible . Sure drapaudi does says again and again the epic that she wants revenge but i guess that was her way of keep hitting at pandavas male ego while did the same in different way. .there is a reason why krishna never blames yudhishtra for the dice hall happening there is a reason why even drapaudi does not blames yudhishtra in the dice hall. had either of them directly told that their main motive was to change the system itself nobody specially not yudhishtra would have even gone for war .so on face value only ond 

reasonswere maintained - land  anx drapaudi maintened that she wanted to be avenged . 

The sakha-sakhi bond is my absolute favorite. Huge fan of PooRabh

I also liked the vanparv and Draupadi interaction with the Pandavs in that phase. 

Originally posted by Poorabhforever

I adore them them and their bond.  The post dice hall conversation gives a new perspective that govind panchali s main motive for war was not personal revenge but of bringing down the system itself that brought things to just a pity state of affairs in the duce hall. And i found this reason very plausible . Sure drapaudi does says again and again the epic that she wants revenge but i guess that was her way of keep hitting at pandavas male ego while did the same in different way. .there is a reason why krishna never blames yudhishtra for the dice hall happening there is a reason why even drapaudi does not blames yudhishtra in the dice hall. had either of them directly told that their main motive was to change the system itself nobody specially not yudhishtra would have even gone for war .so on face value only ond 

reasonswere maintained - land  anx drapaudi maintened that she wanted to be avenged . 

My point was not about content of convo. Epic Panchali also talks about justice, not revenge. What she says is she as empress, as princess of Panchal, as friend of Krishna, still got assaulted. Later, she adds to this thought process in her convo with Yudhi about duties of rulers to dispense justice. No revenge. She is the one who says if you let crimes go unpunished, criminals will repeat their offenses.

What I was pissed about was in the show, Krishna said it to her instead of other way around.

Vyasa's Panchali was the one who talked about justice and duties of rulers to Krishna (once in Kamyaka, once in Virat). The show made him lecture HER. 

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago

Originally posted by HearMeRoar

My point was not about content of convo. Epic Panchali also talks about justice, not revenge. What she says is she as empress, as princess of Panchal, as friend of Krishna, still got assaulted. Later, she adds to this thought process in her convo with Yudhi about duties of rulers to dispense justice. No revenge. She is the one who says if you let crimes go unpunished, criminals will repeat their offenses.

What I was pissed about was in the show, Krishna said it to her instead of other way around.

Vyasa's Panchali was the one who talked about justice and duties of rulers to Krishna (once in Kamyaka, once in Virat). The show made him lecture HER. 

Yeah i agree i meant the same thing that krishnaa s main motive was to bring down the system that brought them/her to such a juncture.  This is something i like about sp mb that they highlighted this point otherwise every other interpretation specially brc have always reduce panchali ti a blood thirsty woman which she waw not. About the revenge thing what i mean is that she keeps repeating whatever happened to her or rather whatever happened to an empress to make pandavas reliaze their folly and the folly of the system that they are part of.  Ofcourse neither panchali nor govind could have directly said their main intention for a simple reason that the pandavas themselves special yudhishtra were product of this system. It was that existing system according to which yudhishtra even after his human Staking thing is still held as dharmraaj. Dharma was a firm supporters of that system panchali knew so she always conversed/debated with him in the language he understood and so did Krishna .

I firmly believe that krishna Krishnaa s main motive was to demolish the existing system to establish a more just system and pandavas s main motive was land

Agreed drapaudi should have said that even later it was shown that arjun gives her lecture over when epic Pandavas prime motive for war was always land

I know SP worked in their "creative liberty" & represented the whole dice game differently. In the original work Shakuni did not need to trick & coerce Yudhistir so much to make him bet his brothers & wife. Yudhistir did it himself in a desperate hope that he can still win & win back everything he lost.

However I like SP's representation here. Going by characteristics, if Yudhistir really was the epitome of Dharma, the gamble doesn't really fit in. I always wondered why Yudhistir showed the audacity to stake his brothers & their common wife in a gamble. He considered himself their owner? That's creepy. Also which good King gambles away his kingdom without taking its people into consideration? And even after this incident he has been thoroughly represented as the Dharma Putra. I never understood how it fits in. The gambling is nothing but Adharm through & through & after doing such heinous thing how can Yudhistir still be helmed as the flagbearer of Dharma?

So I like how SP's creative team represented the whole thing here. Even if it's not in accordance to the original story, it saves Yudhistir's character a lot & he is still somewhat relatable as the Dharm gyani.

I liked this part in childhood when Drona placed that bird test.

In other versions, they only emphasise on Arjuna's focus which is of course the main point.

But I liked that in Starbharat, they brought to focus the point that when Yudhisthir noticed everything - the trees, the nest, the ants in the base of the tree, he was displaying the qualities of a good ruler. Who notices all his subjects.😊

Aah back during the actual telecast I made a similar thread about StarBharat! 

I would want to say that till the Pandavas and Kauravas grew up, most of what they showed was less distorted. 

1. I love how each character has a theme song. And all the songs were amazing. 

2. Dronacharya entry and Gurukul bits- very very well done. They focused on the good of each Prince, even the Bird Eye test. Drona Arjun bond was so well done. 

3. Krishna Panchali relationship. Very well done. 

4. The actors. Draupadi, Yudhishthir, Karna, Duryodhana, Shakuni, Dhritarashtra, Bheeshma. I loved these actors. 

5. Shakuni and his portrayal and tactics. 

6. Kunti was gorgeous :P