Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: surabhi01

Ya I want to talk about uttara but  don't know how subhadra come in my mind 

This baby dying is unbelievable because if bhramastra really hit   uttara  womb then not only parikshit die but uttara  have also died  but uttara was alive  so death of baby is unbelievable 

Not just that, had Parikshit died, Uttara would have had to expel him from the womb immediately: she couldn't have kept a dead baby in for a month longer.

Parikshit was temporarily stillborn since the Brahmashira (not Brahmastra, different weapon) acted on him at birth, and Krishna revivied him swearing his loyalty to truth and dharam

Vr15h thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnkitaPurka66

Can we also include fabricated scenes?

If yes, then that Yuvraj chosing competition was not there in the texts.

Yudhisthir had huge public favour, was worthy of being the Yuvraj and he was chosen without any test as shown in the show.😊

Not just that, they totally made up the relative caste-based guilt of each of the murderers.  There is nothing to suggest that that was the norm

Sanskruthi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Can someone clear me on why Bhishma has this undiluted loyalty towards HP throne? His vow only promised celibacy and that Satyavati's sons would become king. 

Vr15h thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sanskruthi

Can someone clear me on why Bhishma has this undiluted loyalty towards HP throne? His vow only promised celibacy and that Satyavati's sons would become king. 

Easy answer: he didn't!  This serial depicts him as making a vow to the throne that he went on to regret, but in reality, his only vow was to remain a Brahmachari.

Reason he supported the Kauravas was that he remained w/ Hastinapur, which no longer belonged to the Pandavas once the partition was done.  Besides, when the Pandavas claimed back their throne, there was no part of Hastinapur - not even Indraprastha - that belonged to them, which could have allowed him to take their side.

While on this topic, one of the greatest distortions of this serial and my greatest pet peeve: to treat the partition of Hastinapur like the 1947 partition of India.  At that time of the dwapar yuga, it was a pretty common practice of kings to expand their territory, and then split up their kingdoms b/w multiple sons to increase the probability that their lineages wouldn't go extinct.  Like each of Yayati's 5 sons becoming kings, and on the suryavansh side, all 8 of Rama's sons/nephews inheriting a kingdom of their own.  Partition of a kingdom/country was not depicted as a treacherous betrayal of one's motherland, as depicted in this serial

Edited by .Vrish. - 4 years ago
FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Hey great to have found this thread 

Thanks TM

ImaginativeGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Question : did Duryodhana attempt to molest that Gandharva woman as shown yesterday?

I haven't heard the story and was surprised to see that. 

Is that an authentic story or a distortion?

I know he was captured by the Gandharvas, but was molesting woman part of the story?

ImaginativeGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Another thing : did they omit the Akshaya Patra story ? The one where Surya gives the Pandavas the pot wherein food does not exhaust until Draupadi eats at the end?

Anyone can confirm if that story is in the Sanskrit original version? Or is it just in the Bengali version?

Kindly enlighten ðŸ˜Š

Vr15h thumbnail

Question : did Duryodhana attempt to molest that Gandharva woman as shown yesterday?

I haven't heard the story and was surprised to see that. 

Is that an authentic story or a distortion?

I know he was captured by the Gandharvas, but was molesting woman part of the story?

Again no.  And nor did that happen at the beginning of their exile: it happened in their 11th or 12th year.

The part that was correct was Duryodhan wanting to go there to gloat.  Not only did Duryodhan, Dushashan and Karna go - they went w/ a big party, including their womenfolk.  However, the vantage point that they wanted to camp at to get a full view was already occupied by the Gandharvas, who refused to vacate it.  I'm forgetting some of the details, but long story short, the Gandharvas fought an actual battle w/ the Kauravas and defeated them.  One of them fled to Yudhisthir to ask for help, and he sent Bhima and Arjun for that.  Arjun fought a mild battle, and when Chitrasena met Yudhisthir, the latter asked him to release the Gandharvas.

No, no Gandharva woman was molested, and also, they weren't a helpless tribe as depicted: they were celestial beings, like Yakshas, Kinnaras,...  Nor did Duryodhan fight and kill the bodyguard who caused his humiliation by going to Yudhisthir for assistance

Vr15h thumbnail

Another thing : did they omit the Akshaya Patra story ? The one where Surya gives the Pandavas the pot wherein food does not exhaust until Draupadi eats at the end?

Anyone can confirm if that story is in the Sanskrit original version? Or is it just in the Bengali version?

Kindly enlighten ðŸ˜Š

They showed the part about Draupadi finding out just one grain of rice in the patra, but they left out the part about Suryadev giving it to her.

I have to check whether it's in the original.  I'll do that later

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

It is shown that in Mahabharata war  Krishna get   irritated with    Arjun and said u r not fighting with bhishm   properly

And  Krishna take sudarshan chakra to kill bhishm 

But that is not so

First Krishna did not take sudarshan chakra to kill bhishm but  a chariot wheel 

Secondly  Krishna did not want to kill bhishm because Arjun was not fighting properly with bhishm but Krishna want  to kill bhishm because bhishm  attack Krishna with arrow